• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Combos? Do we have combos? What is a combo?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

According to the Wizard class guide on Black Desert Foundry we have "complex combos"

W1HbDQz.png

Now this got me thinking, unless I've missed something severely, do we even have combos as the other classes has combos?

The only "combo" I can think of is Fireball -> Explosion -> Lightning -> Residual Lightning - Is this even a valid combo? Does this count as a combo?

What does BDO Foundry mean with complex combos?

Another question: Is there a damage boost for simply chaining skills together in a particular order? Or is a combo merely making use of the for example downed state with Fireball (enemy get knocked down) -> Lightning?

Posted

Oh we have a ton of combos. It doesn't take much research to find them, just try to look into them.

Posted

Oh we have a ton of combos. It doesn't take much research to find them, just try to look into them.

I've already tried and it doesn't answer my other questions.

1 person likes this

Posted

if they are so easy to find, post them for the guy.

6 people like this

Posted

if they are so easy to find, post them for the guy.

I will, when i get home. :P soo about 6 or so hours to go

Posted

I am curious as well.

Posted

3x staff swing + dagger stab

9 people like this

Posted

I just want to know what combos BDO Foundry is referring to when saying we got "complex" combos.

No one knows?

I will, when i get home. :P soo about 6 or so hours to go

you home yet? :P

Posted

i call bs , i mean yea freeze ,knock down ,chain lightning re freeze explosion knock down more lighting lol 

could be a combo ? but as far as like , blade and soul or street fighter combos i dont see it. proove me wrong though !!

id love some combos lol

Posted

i mean depends on what they mean by combos i guess...i mean S + lmb for fire ball and such (basicly casting spells) might be what they mean.

Posted

I just want to know what combos BDO Foundry is referring to when saying we got "complex" combos.

No one knows?

you home yet? :P

Damn i forgot xD Well, here's some basic PvE combos. Chain Lightning+Lightning Storm+Thunderbolt+Lightning Residue is a really common one.

For 1v1 PvP we need to spam Freeze and then any lightning spell, would prefer Thunderbolt myself. And Healing Pharos, max lvl of that heals 90% HP back to you.

Those are few basic ones for you or something.

Posted

3x staff swing + dagger stab

I just had to point out that your username is fantastic. 

Posted

So I get the feeling no one knows what they mean when they say complex combos hehe

Thanks for your replies!

Posted

I just had to point out that your username is fantastic. 

Thx, incidentally it's not actually a joke.  I'm lv 27 with lv 3 dagger stab right now.  You bet your ass when I'm 50 it'll be maxed and you'll see me going around shanking people.

4 people like this

Posted

The only combos I can think of would be moves that take advantage of status effects. Fireball causes knockdown and lightning is a down attack. Earths Response causes floating so we can follow up with.... oh wait, there isnt an air attack. Not really seeing too much in the way combos are referred to for other classes. 

Posted

Hmmm secret combo Sage memory>Chain lighting and Meteor at the same time is one i know.

Posted

I've never found anything official, but from doing alot of dueling I know some spells roll off one another alot smoother than others for e.g Freeze > Residual > Multi arrow.

Don't overlook multi arrow, it's damage is medium but it's instant so you can capitalize on your burst with it in pvp. 

2 people like this

Posted

Cool, lots of answers :)

A reply I got on reddit told me a secret combo is when you do certain skills in a "secret" chain and they get cast more quickly then not doing them on this secret chain. This I did not know but I can see some of you here saying this is the case as well.

Posted

"complex combos"

is the same as 

"combos"

Combinations.

Complex combos would mean more than one combo and in an nonstandard way.

There is no secret combo, the reddit person lied to you.

It is basically the dictionary definition of the terms, man, seriously.

We as wizards go around and just, lightning + residual - mostly...or we have these few spells we use, very often.

A complex combo is not this, it is a series of combos, IMO, that one would probably execute on bosses or PvP.

One that utilizes ALL your spells.

Example;

sages + meteor + teleport + lightning+residual + blizzard + healing aura/lighthouse + speedspell + other buffs.

This is a complex combo.

Posted (edited)

Actually there are secret combos. It's just that our definition of them is misunderstood. A secret combo is not some combination of skills that does something amazing we've never seen before. It's actually just combinations that cancel the animations of our moves so that we can cast quicker. Take for example the annoying animation to bring out your weapon before you can finally start casting. We can negate this in different ways such as teleporting, or Lightning. That's why the Lighting Chain Meteor combo is a secret combo, because used with Sage's Memory you are canceling the casting animation.  

Edited by Moira
1 person likes this

Posted

Well, the secret combos is what is commonly called animation canceling then :)

Good for us to use but I just feel it's bad coding myself, but they are nice so I have no issues with them.

Posted

There is no secret combo, the reddit person lied to you.

After you have casted Meteor, you can cast Chain Lightning instantly. That's a secret combo :P

Posted

YES to skill cancelling animations, casting 2 spells at once and casting spells even when on cd,

Its not just the (order of) buttons you press but also the skill rank (not always max)

A SECRET is a SECRET until someone Blabs :D

Posted

After you have casted Meteor, you can cast Chain Lightning instantly. That's a secret combo :P

I call these exploits. I am sure this is not intended by the devs.

Posted

I call these exploits. I am sure this is not intended by the devs.

Game has been out how long in all the different markets with cancel casting?