• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Combos? Do we have combos? What is a combo?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Lighting + residual lighting for example is not a combo, it's just how it works as far as I'm concerned, there is not other way to use it.  A combo would be if you could figure out a way to use residual lighting without Lighting, now that would be a combo.

The only one I'm personally aware of is Mana Shield + Speed Spell.  It's very minor, but animation is noticeably shorter for Speed Spell if you use it as Mana Shield animation is ending.

People keep mentioning Meteor followed by chain lighting.  I'll have to test that.  If it works without Sage Memory then that's a combo, otherwise its not, it just seems that way because you have instant cast on Meteor but the animation still plays out (during which time you can cast chain lighting...or any other spell)

Posted

There are some combos listet in the Skill window that opens when you press "k". At the right bottom of the window is the "Skill Combo Guide by Class". One of the early quests at the Western Guard Camp asked you to repeat the first combo Fireball > Lightning a few times. In the list are the following combos: 

Staff Attack > Dagger Stab

Fireball > Lightning

Earth's Response > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Magical Evasion > Dagger Stab

Sage's Memory > Earth Response > Dagger Stab > Magical Evasion > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Meteor Shower

Teleport > Dagger Stab > Earthquake > Magical Evasion > Lightning > Residual Lightning > Freeze > Blizzard

Only one combo doesn't use Dagger Stab. :-/

Posted

While combos are fairly self-explanatory - does it say anywhere what preforming a full combo actually does? 

Posted

There are some combos listet in the Skill window that opens when you press "k". At the right bottom of the window is the "Skill Combo Guide by Class". One of the early quests at the Western Guard Camp asked you to repeat the first combo Fireball > Lightning a few times. In the list are the following combos: 

Staff Attack > Dagger Stab

Fireball > Lightning

Earth's Response > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Magical Evasion > Dagger Stab

Sage's Memory > Earth Response > Dagger Stab > Magical Evasion > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Meteor Shower

Teleport > Dagger Stab > Earthquake > Magical Evasion > Lightning > Residual Lightning > Freeze > Blizzard

Only one combo doesn't use Dagger Stab. :-/

I f-ing love dagger stab

Posted

I f-ing love dagger stab

Yes. Apparently there is a client side hack that allows spells to be used without cooldown or cost - dagger stab is the only one skill that would motivate me to try it. You should know that you are a legend within FUtilez on Jordine due to your username. All hail Knife Wizard!

Sincerely, Shankmaster Flex

Posted

I call these exploits. I am sure this is not intended by the devs.

It's absolutely intended by the developers.  The in-game description on certain classes/skills specifically mentions animation canceling being important to them.

Posted

It's absolutely intended by the developers.  The in-game description on certain classes/skills specifically mentions animation canceling being important to them.

Good to know, haven't noticed this yet :D

Thanks

Posted (edited)

1: Staff Attack > Dagger Stab

2: Fireball > Lightning

3: Earth's Response > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Magical Evasion > Dagger Stab

4: Sage's Memory > Earth Response > Dagger Stab > Magical Evasion > Fireball > Fireball Explosion > Meteor Shower

5: Teleport > Dagger Stab > Earthquake > Magical Evasion > Lightning > Residual Lightning > Freeze > Blizzard

I really don't understand what the intent and purpose of these combos are. The only one that really makes sense is number 2 and occasionally number 3. The rest just seem like some largely irrelevant rain dance that you do for some unknown but hoped for benefit. Why are they inserting all these situationally relevant requirements, like evading, teleporting and shanking into dynamic and uncontrollable fights? That kind of leaves you with a lot of likely unnecessary movements because the combo doesn't have any real goal in mind other than do damage.

Here is an example of what I would find useful in combos and benefits.

1: Gives 25% mana on completion

2: Lowers all basic cooldowns by 1 second. Not things like Residual lightning.

3: Adds 2 accuracy for 5 seconds

4: Teleport > Frigid Fog > Healing Lighthouse > Earth Response > Protected area = only need to channel protected area for 2 seconds rather than 4 before you can move

5: Earths response > Freeze > Magical Shield > Magical Evasion > Speed Spell. = Decreases cast time of shield and speed ( Basically a just got ganked get ready combo)

Edited by Armitas

Posted

there are other combos that makes u cancel the animation and takes enemie out of guards.

For example you have to put fireball explosion and lightingbolt on your hotbar to use that manually

to combo with these you need to put something in between, for example:

Lighting Chain > teleport > lightning storm. You wouldnt be able to do this combo if you dont have lightning storm on your hotbar. The moment you hit teleport in between it cancels the last lighting storm combo ending, unless as i said you stick in between some quick spell, be that frigid fog, freeze, teleport, dashes, anything.

This is insane in pvp because it catches enemies off guards, they think you are performing the normal animation combo Lighting  > residual, instead you do the first one > teleport on another spot > finis the combo.

You can do this also with fireball + explosion, you can also fake the fake, mixing one of these starter combos > teleporting > freezing > sage + lightning chain > earthquake.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

All I read here are rotations off skills that line up good, static combo's or sage memorie buff... . Nothing hidden that influences standard cooldowns, castingtimes or trigger boosts in standard stats.

Combo: A needs B to trigger or A needs B to get C. Afaik all combos are explained by the skill help feature.

Or I missed something actually worth it.

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

I call these exploits. I am sure this is not intended by the devs.

Animation canceling and secret combos are intended by the devs.

Unless I'm missing something, not sure why people are saying Sages + chain lighting + meteor is a combo. Sages makes the meteor cast instantly, as well as chain lightning. It's not a combo, it's the point of sages memory. All your spells are instant cast.

Posted

Lighting Chain > teleport > lightning storm. You wouldnt be able to do this combo if you dont have lightning storm on your hotbar. The moment you hit teleport in between it cancels the last lighting storm combo ending, unless as i said you stick in between some quick spell, be that frigid fog, freeze, teleport, dashes, anything.

This is insane in pvp because it catches enemies off guards, they think you are performing the normal animation combo Lighting  > residual, instead you do the first one > teleport on another spot > finis the combo.

You can do this also with fireball + explosion, you can also fake the fake, mixing one of these starter combos > teleporting > freezing > sage + lightning chain > earthquake.

Now that is an interesting idea to look into.

Posted

Witch combos.

-Slowed iframes/super armors; slowed teleports and slowed Earth Response. (Any spells casted after fireball will be "slowed" except the lightning bolt; can be used to your advantage) A Slowed Earth Response will be way easier to hit with.

-Chain Lightning auto-aimed lightning bolt. Cast chain lightning, release buttons while keeping RMB on. With auto-target, press the S + F (lightning bolt; I changed my input, i could be wrong). It will cause lightning bolt to strike at the target location despite desyncs.

-Sage Mode Instant Blizzard after Meteor.  Cast dagger stab in-between Meteor and Blizzard to cancel the aftercast of meteor.

-General Dagger Stab aftercast and cast cancel. Dagger stab cancels mana drain and other casts, or the Earth Response aftercasts.

And more.

Posted

We got plenty of complex combos. Start by setting up Fireball Explosion and Lightning Storm on your hotbar and play around :)

Posted

According to the Wizard class guide on Black Desert Foundry we have "complex combos"

W1HbDQz.png

Now this got me thinking, unless I've missed something severely, do we even have combos as the other classes has combos?

The only "combo" I can think of is Fireball -> Explosion -> Lightning -> Residual Lightning - Is this even a valid combo? Does this count as a combo?

What does BDO Foundry mean with complex combos?

Another question: Is there a damage boost for simply chaining skills together in a particular order? Or is a combo merely making use of the for example downed state with Fireball (enemy get knocked down) -> Lightning?

the only one I know worth doing is meteor to blizzard. Obviously use Sages Memory first, then meteor and press SHIFT key (I believe) and you'll immediately go in to blizzard. There are a few combos that go with the dagger ability but I don't think they are worth doing.

Posted

Just making shit up here but.. 

Chain > lightning bolt > residual > lighting storm 

This combo is a stiffen stun knockdown stiffen so since stiffens seems to over lap with other cc this combo works most of the time for me. 

Fireball > multiple arrows > fire explosion 

Nothing good about this combo, in fact Sorcs tend to be able i frame out when i try this.

Multiple arrows > frezze > tp (for free back atk) > lighting bolt > residual 

I'm just making this up as i go now...

Earths response > dagger stab (mid air tho it doesn't give you an air atk bonus) > earthquake 

Probably replace earthquake for anything unless that earthquake could actually kill them..

Staff atk > staff atk > staff atk > sage memory > dagger stab 

For when you want that guy dead, now.

Fire ball > lighting bolt > multiple arrows > fire explosion 

Haven't tried it myself 

Chain > frezze > tp > buff/heal > lighting storm 

Out of ideas 

Posted

Just making shit up here but.. 

Chain > lightning bolt > residual > lighting storm 

This combo is a stiffen stun knockdown stiffen so since stiffens seems to over lap with other cc this combo works most of the time for me.

FYI, Residual is a bound, not a knockdown. Stun can't combo with knockdown but it can with bound, even though they're pretty much the same thing with different names.

Posted

FYI, Residual is a bound, not a knockdown. Stun can't combo with knockdown but it can with bound, even though they're pretty much the same thing with different names.

Stiffness chains.  So... it goes Stiffness (Chain lightning) +  Stun (Lightning Bolt) + Bound (COuld be an exception for risidual; everyone saw that one already) + Stiffness again (Storm)

Posted (edited)

Press 1 button -> BAM, 20 guys dead. Combo! ;)

Joke apart, some intresting posts. Now i know what to avoid better :P

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

And yet another thread with socially awkward horny teen spluttering nonsense coming in. Go back to your one-button-spam sorc harem wannabe thank you.

Posted

Stiffness chains.  So... it goes Stiffness (Chain lightning) +  Stun (Lightning Bolt) + Bound (COuld be an exception for risidual; everyone saw that one already) + Stiffness again (Storm)

Indeed, I wasn't correcting the combo, just pointing out that Residual isn't a knockdown, as that would lead to the belief that any knockdown would work after a stun which isn't the case. :P

Posted

i feel like, pvp wise, there really isnt a set combo with mages.... every skill is dependant on the situation and how your target is doing.... its not like classes such as plum, where they can unleash a whole set of skills to ensure a kill. we kinda just have to run around, teleport to find our best chance to cc and deliver the killing blow.

Posted

Does nobody realize this thread has been necrod twice :l

1 person likes this

Posted

Wizard dont have any real combos. especially no "complex combos".

Mage isn't a class for Facerollplayer. Easy to learn, hard to Master.