• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

111 posts in this topic

Posted

What I dislike is the font, as well as the character limitation.

I would also like better options when creating new chat tabs. I'd like to name them, create multiple chat interfaces (same as the friend list chat).

7 people like this

Posted

I started another thread without realizing there was one already framing my issue, so I'll repost it here!:

So far the game is pretty beautiful and although I have a few minor problems, the biggest issue I'm taking with it at the moment is the character limit in chat. I'm not sure if this is just for the beta or not, but if this plans to make it into release I think it would break the game for me as well as my friends and probably a large swath of the rest of the role-play community. As a role-player myself, chat length is essential to being able to detail your actions as well as your dialogue without having to have a veritable legion of posts everytime it's your turn. At the moment, the character limit barely seems to clear two average/small sentences. I find that unworkable. This length needs to at least be multiplied by four. Final Fantasy 14 has an amazing chat limit, if it could maybe emulate that length it'd be perfect.

I understand that a short chat length helps discourage spam, but it will also discourage use from a huge cut of the community as well. Thanks! :)

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd like to shove my support in on this.

The chatbox is really limiting, be it for RP or coordinating PvE things, and requires that you break out paragraphs into at least three to four sentence fragments. It looks a bit messy and can be hard to follow/makes it easy to accidentally interrupt someone. I'd like to see at least a fifty percent increase, or maybe more.

Thank you, Daum, for all that you guys are doing so far!

Edited by GrumpLily
4 people like this

Posted

+1 to limit.

Never used that control stuff so no comment on that but if it's easy to do go for it

Posted

I would also like to toss in some support on this.

As most have said above, the amount we can type sets a bit of a limit in all aspects. Guild coordination, RP, PVE, PVP, while voice programs are optional, not everyone uses them. Would be really fantastic to see an increase!

Thank you for taking the time to consider all of our opinions!

1 person likes this

Posted

Throwing in my support for this as well! While I'd appreciate the additional control options, the increase to text limit is really sorely needed.

+1 thanks to Daum

Posted

I show my support for this as well! The chat limit needs to be extended a decent amount. It will be difficult to roleplay with the current limit. As it is already a bit frustrating to just attempt to casually speak with someone.

Posted

Adding another voice for the increase to text limit! The current restriction is ridiculous, even for non-roleplayers.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, honestly I didn't even think about that. Even for non-role-players. You can't even have a decent conversation with a text limit like that. It's a major issue. Thanks in advance! Also, to add to "general chat improvements" it would be cool if we could get a specific emote channel for custom-made emotes, sort of like what people would use in other games beginning with /em or /e! :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My problem with chat is that it is very slow - if I post a comment or question it may not show up for several minutes.  And if I want to whisper an answer to someone the question usually scrolls off before I get a chance to click on their name. I guess I'm saying that it would be nice if the chat box scrolled back further - much further.

This comment was about Channel 1 in the afternoon. I went back about midnight and there was no problem.

Edited by Fairskies
I should have said - my comment was about Channel 1 in the afternoon

Posted

Yes please. Chat limit is awkward as it is currently.

Posted

Necessary...... +1

Posted

Necessary...... +1

Posted

+1 Not only is it very important for RP.... The current character limit makes it hard just finishing a normal sentence! ):

Posted

Agreed, 100%!

Posted

I'd really like to be able to type full sentences too, yes. It's very hard to type anything of significance in one line due to the current character limit. Communication is rather important in MMOs so I hope the character limit gets increased.

Posted

Yep, It's a small thing, but it's a really big thing you know :) Larger text limits are really needed.

Posted

+1 support from me.

Posted

+1 Support from me as well.

Posted

We desperately need longer chat length for our say. This is the worst say length I've ever seen in a game 8[ Fantastic game, just a little tweak that would make the quality of life so much better!

Posted (edited)

Yes, please! - While at it Guild/Clan Names should have more length!

Edited by Nesato
1 person likes this

Posted

Needs a far larger character limit, this is one of the worst I've had so far. Even APB has a bigger limit and it's tiny.

Posted

Adding my support! I feel that this is such a small tweak that could really improve the quality of life for a majority of players. Let us talk to each other :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed.  Make it happen guys!

1 person likes this