• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Definitely. 

Longer message length, and being able to edit the chat tab names would be good. Kinda annoying to have chats named 1,2,3..

1 person likes this

Posted

Still very important. The small chat length is abysmal rn. The slash for typing more would be good -- let us bind the black spirit to another key.

Posted

+1 Support from me as well

Posted

Did they mention something regarding the chat in the dairy entries or somewhere else? We still need this.

I would also love to see some kind of officer chat. Does this exist already and I missed it in cbt 1?

Posted

They have not. Currently they're very fixated on the issue of PvP balance but I agree with you. It might do you well to cross post this to reddit for extra attention / voices.

Posted

+1

More characters per message! especially for the RP crowd :D

Posted

+1, we definitely need an improved chat system, clearer fonts and ability to adjust font size. I love this game but the UI/Chat functions are some of the clunkiest I've seen in an mmo.

Posted

+New Chat Tabs

+Player created Chat Channels

3 people like this

Posted

+1.  The Korean language is a very dense language in terms of character-by-character meaning.  The previous sentence could be expressed in half as many characters in Korean.  This is undoubtedly why the character chat limit is so small.  

We need an adjustment to compensate for Roman/Grecian alphabet languages, which are not as character dense. Ideally, the chat bar should fit 3 average-length sentences, which is probably about 300 characters. To give you an idea of what 300 characters looks like, this paragraph is 299 characters.

2 people like this

Posted

+1, we definitely need an improved chat system, clearer fonts and ability to adjust font size. I love this game but the UI/Chat functions are some of the clunkiest I've seen in an mmo.

Absolutely. Whispering is needlessly complex, the fact that you can only use ENTER or / and not both is weird since it's common to use both in most MMOs, the chat bar being center and then the chat window being off to the left is strange because you can't even move the chat bar? I tried to edit the UI and you can't touch that.

The font is really eye-straining. I'd love if we could customize the colors ourselves and make the font bigger, as well as make the transparency of the chat darker.

We need an adjustment to compensate for Roman/Grecian alphabet languages, which are not as character dense. Ideally, the chat bar should fit 3 average-length sentences, which is probably about 300 characters. To give you an idea of what 300 characters looks like, this paragraph is 299 characters.

QFT! +1

Posted

Absolutely. Whispering is needlessly complex, the fact that you can only use ENTER or / and not both is weird since it's common to use both in most MMOs, the chat bar being center and then the chat window being off to the left is strange because you can't even move the chat bar? I tried to edit the UI and you can't touch that.

The font is really eye-straining. I'd love if we could customize the colors ourselves and make the font bigger, as well as make the transparency of the chat darker.

QFT! +1

Yes to all of the things.

Posted

I agree, the chat bar in the center of the screen is kind of strange. We really need more customization options in general!

But the chat character limit is probably the most important thing that need some changes...

Posted

+Player created Chat Channels

Yes pls, i can see the flaming allready in EU Chat:

Its english chat...no spanish...no france----ftho its German....:( - i realy dont want this bs again...

Posted

The chat system needs improvements for our version, that's for sure. OP is right.

Posted

With the energy costs for writing in global chat player-created chat channels would be awesome and a nice fit I think.

Posted

+1 A must In my opinion.

Posted

Still the most important thing.

Posted

+1 Totally agree! 

Posted

I totally agree with this! As an RPer and someone whom tends to get quite wordy when typing, I would love to see a larger chat limit!

Posted

+1 agree with more characters per message.

Posted

So, does Daum actually reply anywhere on which suggestions are being forwarded to the devolper team in Korea?

Posted

I completely agree, this truly is essential. Any word if it may make it for launch? Being able to RP and chat is a make or break for me.

Posted

This is vital for roleplayers, please fix this before launch? It shouldn't require a lot of effort i think. 

Posted

I approve of this! Add it, add it! ADD IT!

Posted

I support this. English is far more character-heavy than korean... if you're gonna localize the game for NA don't do a half-hearted job like Blade and Soul. Come on, BDO.