• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

111 posts in this topic

Posted

+1 really need chat length extension!

Posted

Apart from the look of the chat it would be nice if players had more control about which messages they see.

In the chat settings you can filter messages. News, System, World, Party, Normal, Guild, Whisper, and Trade. I think it would be nice if you could also filter on people in your Friendlist.

Posted

I'm guessing part of the chat limit is that you might be able to say more in Korean with fewer characters? I'm using Google Translate and a word count as basis for this, so I could be wrong! Still, 100 characters is pretty limiting. I'd love to see this increased. :)

Posted

Another thing the chat in Black Desert is missing is the option to create custom chat channels or at least having a channel for guild officers and the commander.

1 person likes this

Posted

fully agree need a better chat system

Posted

+1 for character increased limit!

Posted

Agree! Please at least double the amount of characters. It's really annoying to split proper sentences in two or three pieces.

Besides I would really like to be able to change colour and size of chattext. Playing on a TV-screen it is hardly possible to read the chat, even with largest possible UI.

Posted

Additional reading and support for desired chat changes. 

Posted (edited)

Black Desert Online outshines other MMOs in many ways... except this one. Having played many other games, I think it's safe to say BDO's chat function is too limited in several ways.

1. The character limit is annoying, as others have noted for their various reasons. If I were an RPer I'd probably be extremely annoyed by this, but even just trying to chat with a friend via whisper last night was annoying due to the character limit.
  2. The wonky whispering mechanic. I just want to be able to type /w <character name> or <family name> and have it go through, not have to deal with this strange tabbing business.
  3. Whispering to a friend took my character out of combat stance, which is unacceptable.Whether this is due to the keywords-to-emote animations feature or not, I don't know, but holy hell is it ever annoying.
  4. The transparency of the chat window needs to be adjustable. Not just when you're mousing over it, but all the time. Players need to be able to glance at chat and read it as they're doing other things when they can't press CTRL in order to activate the mouse cursor.
  5. Chat font size needs to be customizable. It should go without saying that we should be able to comfortably read chat, whether because of monitor size or vision issues.
  6. Chat channel/function colors need to be customizable. We all come from a variety of other games and while we understand there are a lot of new things to simply get used to in BDO, for some of us, blue will always be party chat color! :)
  7. One feature I found extremely valuable from Guild Wars 2 was the /wiki function that opened up a browser window to whatever search term you entered in following the wiki command. Considering the depth and complexity of BDO, I think such a feature would be welcome.
  8. Chat logs need to be downloadable for the security and benefit of both players and the game's developers and publishers.
  9. Standard text-related keyboard operations such as CTRL plus arrow keys, HOME, END in combination with SHIFT to select should be a matter of course.
  10. Alert sounds when being whispered or for other notifications (customizable by the player) would be helpful.
  11. I don't know why there is some kind of secondary messaging window that is separate from the chat function, but it's clunky and doesn't seem to work well. It says there are alert sounds but not once did I hear them.

Thanks for considering these suggestions. :)

Edited by Biggz
Grammar and formatting
7 people like this

Posted

Great additions Biggz!

Posted

This needs to happen.

Several times I was trying to talk to people in party, and my sentences were cut off cause the limit just isn't reasonable for the english language.

Posted

As an RPer I agree, we need longer chat boxes and other quality of life changes like a toggle-able walk.. but knowing most MMO devs and companies they will probably just ignore us and try to milk income from other groups and leave us to beg for changes. Though here is hoping I am wrong.

Posted

Black Desert Online outshines other MMOs in many ways... except this one. Having played many other games, I think it's safe to say BDO's chat function is too limited in several ways.

1. The character limit is annoying, as others have noted for their various reasons. If I were an RPer I'd probably be extremely annoyed by this, but even just trying to chat with a friend via whisper last night was annoying due to the character limit.
  2. The wonky whispering mechanic. I just want to be able to type /w <character name> or <family name> and have it go through, not have to deal with this strange tabbing business.
  3. Whispering to a friend took my character out of combat stance, which is unacceptable.Whether this is due to the keywords-to-emote animations feature or not, I don't know, but holy hell is it ever annoying.
  4. The transparency of the chat window needs to be adjustable. Not just when you're mousing over it, but all the time. Players need to be able to glance at chat and read it as they're doing other things when they can't press CTRL in order to activate the mouse cursor.
  5. Chat font size needs to be customizable. It should go without saying that we should be able to comfortably read chat, whether because of monitor size or vision issues.
  6. Chat channel/function colors need to be customizable. We all come from a variety of other games and while we understand there are a lot of new things to simply get used to in BDO, for some of us, blue will always be party chat color! :)
  7. One feature I found extremely valuable from Guild Wars 2 was the /wiki function that opened up a browser window to whatever search term you entered in following the wiki command. Considering the depth and complexity of BDO, I think such a feature would be welcome.
  8. Chat logs need to be downloadable for the security and benefit of both players and the game's developers and publishers.
  9. Standard text-related keyboard operations such as CTRL plus arrow keys, HOME, END in combination with SHIFT to select should be a matter of course.
  10. Alert sounds when being whispered or for other notifications (customizable by the player) would be helpful.
  11. I don't know why there is some kind of secondary messaging window that is separate from the chat function, but it's clunky and doesn't seem to work well. It says there are alert sounds but not once did I hear them.

Thanks for considering these suggestions. :)

Thank you Biggz, great suggestions, I added your additions to the first post!

1 person likes this

Posted

There was also a chat bug, sometimes randomly chat tabs were overlapping on each other, you need to implement a lock system so that we dont accidently mess up our chat.

Posted

And i don't know if you have the issue in other languages too, but in french when you create a new tab, you can choose which channel you want to read.

Ok that nice but ... They messed all the said channels. For exemple if you chose to not read the world chan, it actually disable the group one ... That lead to some really annoying situations ...

Posted

Hello,

i really like chatting with my guildies in games, so a good chat is a must for me personally. After playing the beta for several hours I got two suggestions for improving the chat:

• More Characters! The limit of characters in a single message is very, very low and makes it hard to write full sentences. I suggest to extend the character limit per message by at least 50% to give users the option to write full sentences instead of multiple text fragments.
  • Every textbox in the internet and in almost every application has the feature to allow users to press Control and use the arrow keys in order to quickly jump between words. I use this alot and would love to see it added to BDO.

Another minor improvement:

• Allow users to press Control+A to select the whole text they wrote. This is useful for copying text for later reuse.

Other great additions (credits go to Biggz!):

+1 for this!

Exactly what myself and several others of my friends want!

Posted

Colours please. Really. Colours.

Posted

So much +1!

Posted

+1

Posted

+1! :D

Posted

Yes, yes, all of this!

Especially the ability to use control and arrows and control A and the bigger limit of characters. 

Posted

This game feels too much like a single player with the current chat options, for a game that's suppose to be breaking boundaries it's almost as bad as Blade & Soul's UI/Chat system if not worse in some cases. I want to be able to label chat tabs so I know what's what, I want to be able to have a combat log, I'm tired of the pop-up spam for loot even though I've disabled it only to continue seeing the pop-up and a lot of the system information that gets spammed into chat is nothing but clutter..

This game feels too much like a single player with the current chat options, for a game that's suppose to be breaking boundaries it's almost as bad as Blade & Soul's UI/Chat system if not worse in some cases. I want to be able to label chat tabs so I know what's what, I want to be able to have a combat log, I'm tired of the pop-up spam for loot even though I've disabled it only to continue seeing the pop-up and a lot of the system information that gets spammed into chat is nothing but clutter..

Posted

I really hope that they at least increase the chat character limit some more. That`s actually the most important thing of the whole chat system and probably it`s also one of the simplest things to implement...

Posted

its 2016 and this shouldn't be an issue anymore for games, and yet we are still seeing it. =/

Posted

100000% agreed, across the board.