• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Help]Making a tavern

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I am planning to make a tavern out of a house to make it the meeting place for my guild, anyone knows where to find things like liquor casks, stools and similar stuff?

Also if you have a really big house to recommend (any city is okay) that would be really appreciated, I already found a nice place in Calpheon but it may not be big enough.

I'll update with screenshots of the progress if anyone's interested. 

Edited by Sogaki
Realized I should be saying tavern, not bar. Silly me

Posted

I am exceedingly curious.

Most of my Rp experience ends up at taverns in one fashion or another due to it being a common location for collective imaginings.

What server are you hiding in?

Posted

Jordine, I usually play in Balenos j1 channel. 

You'll be most welcome in my tavern once it opens.

Posted

Jordine, I usually play in Balenos j1 channel. 

You'll be most welcome in my tavern once it opens.

why the balenos j1 channel If I may ask so. A lot of rp player are gathering in Serendia 1. Just curious

Posted

I usually play with my guild, and we decided to always play in Balenos j1 so we don't have to switch channel to party up (since switching sometimes bugs workers)

Posted

Hi guys, I am planning to make a tavern out of a house to make it the meeting place for my guild, anyone knows where to find things like liquor casks, stools and similar stuff?

Also if you have a really big house to recommend (any city is okay) that would be really appreciated, I already found a nice place in Calpheon but it may not be big enough.

I'll update with screenshots of the progress if anyone's interested. 

I seem to recall stool-like chairs in Velia that don't require amnity to purchase.  Personally, I have managed to make really good looking counters using the "Drawers" from a merchant in Calpheon.

Regarding casks.  I haven't seen any clutter-type items around of that nature, but you could do a workaround with closed baskets (kind of like how sake is stored in basket-wrapped jugs).

Posted

I seem to recall stool-like chairs in Velia that don't require amnity to purchase.  Personally, I have managed to make really good looking counters using the "Drawers" from a merchant in Calpheon.

Regarding casks.  I haven't seen any clutter-type items around of that nature, but you could do a workaround with closed baskets (kind of like how sake is stored in basket-wrapped jugs).

Thanks I'll go look for them right away :) 

Posted

Yeah same here, that's what you are gonna have to use for a bar atm. I wouldn't say they are really good looking xD But they do get the job done. I wish we could maybe hang those wall carpets over the top of them to hide the cracks, but you really can't see it too much.

There are also no stools as far as I know... At least from the search I did the other day. Could be wrong obviously since I see no reason to leave them out as far a housing seating. Just remember that there's more cash shop furniture bundles to come. I think I've seen at least 2 or 3 more in the Korean version. We just have to wait. As well as wallpaper that doesn't completely suck. 

We don't have access to silk atm, which is kinda lame, but you can always use the cotton curtains for your tavern in the meantime. The red silk curtains do look much nicer though... Plus remember that farming has a chance to drop little pot plants such as a mini olive tree for decor. As people have mentioned, I don't think I've seen any barrels/casks around, but don't forget about that woodworking merchant in Calpheon that sells a closed hanging wall cupboard and several hooks with pots n pans for your tavern kitchen. 

Posted

... don't forget about that woodworking merchant in Calpheon that sells a closed hanging wall cupboard and several hooks with pots n pans for your tavern kitchen. 

I never noticed it, thanks a lot

I also found out from that there actually are 2 types of barrel (a beer keg and a barrel) from that Black desert database site that lists datamined stuff.It doesn't say where to find them so i'll assume you steal them from certain npcs (most of the stuff listed there that doesn't have an origin is obtained like this) and try my luck for a couple of days tryng not to lose too much karma

Posted

Hmmm, not sure how big you are looking for, but Heidel 1-5 is reasonably sized, well located, and has a kind of business/taverny look, complete with lions by the doors. 

Also in Heidel, 9-4 is 3 stories, multiple rooms, and has a balcony that overlooks the marketplace. and could totally have a nice tavern look.

Posted (edited)

Hmmm, not sure how big you are looking for, but Heidel 1-5 is reasonably sized, well located, and has a kind of business/taverny look, complete with lions by the doors. 

Also in Heidel, 9-4 is 3 stories, multiple rooms, and has a balcony that overlooks the marketplace. and could totally have a nice tavern look.

Yeah haha, I'm pretty sure that one with the balcony is the one every single potential tavern owner had in mind xD

I didn't end up going with it since I figured once everyone is high level enough the hub will be Calpheon anyway, and I didn't really want to have peeps go to Heidel to RP. Plus imo, I'd rather use separate nearby housing lots if you were looking to have Inn rooms. Since I don't think that place in Heidel has doors to the rooms. If you are going to hire out a room for the night, you want it to feel more private and guaranteed not to have other random rpers walk in.  

Edited by Honzo
der