• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game poorly optimized

87 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if they'll improve the optimization in this game?

I've got a GTX 970 and its staying at 60% load max settings, even turned off vsync...

My CPU isn't being used much at all either 5820k 4.5ghz.

CPU: 5820k 4.5ghz

Ram: 16gb DDR4

game on SSD 2x 120gb Raid 0

Edited by zaku49

Posted

Game is super opt compared to tera xD

2 people like this

Posted

Ever considered that the game is incredibly well optimized, and that the fault lies with your own computer?
Because I've had nothing but a smooth, seamless experience since headstart.

6 people like this

Posted

are you kidding me? i have a shit computer and this game runs better than witcher 3 does. This is probably the best optimized high end graphics MMO i've ever played. I don't think you've played many MMO's before which may be a reason why you're have a few problems with adjusting to standards here XD.

5 people like this

Posted

I've got a GTX 970 and its staying at 60% load max settings, even turned off vsync...

I think there may still be a bug with fullscreen; run windowed fullscreen and it might help quite a bit.

This game is actually amazingly well optimized, I've even got it working on a potato of a laptop that's really a work laptop and doesn't even have a dedicated gpu (it looks awful and has shit fps, but it's more than functional enough to manage afk fishing with)

1 person likes this

Posted

are you kidding me? i have a shit computer and this game runs better than witcher 3 does. This is probably the best optimized high end graphics MMO i've ever played. I don't think you've played many MMO's before which may be a reason why you're have a few problems with adjusting to standards here XD.

I've played 2 many to name and I can tell when one isn't optimized correctly, I can run Witcher 3 better than I can this game.

Posted

compared to 90% of other new PC games, this games runs REALLY well for its looks.

Posted (edited)

I've played 2 many to name and I can tell when one isn't optimized correctly, I can run Witcher 3 better than I can this game.

dayum then your computer is real weird. It might be your problem exclusively. Check with how you're running the game and see if there are problems there.

Oh yea, and it's probably cuz you're not running windowed full screen.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

I think there's been some issues with 970 cards and this game. Not quite sure. 

Posted

You know your specs also just a part of how the game will run right? What is the rest of your spec? RAM, etc

Also what application you have when the game is running?

Game run fine for me with GTX760 SLI

Posted (edited)

If anyone else knows how to check GPU usage under load, please post your max usage under the max settings, it can't just be me.

You know your specs also just a part of how the game will run right? What is the rest of your spec? RAM, etc

Also what application you have when the game is running?

Game run fine for me with GTX760 SLI

What's your GPU % load while in game,FPS, and are you on the max settings? I'll update the rest of my specs above.

Edited by zaku49

Posted

Ever considered that the game is incredibly well optimized, and that the fault lies with your own computer?
Because I've had nothing but a smooth, seamless experience since headstart.

do you live on the west coast or close to it?

Posted

i have gtx 970 as well and i got to say the game runs good. i have everything on max. the only thing i have not turn on is nigh end mode.

Posted

If anyone else knows how to check GPU usage under load, please post your max usage under the max settings, it can't just be me.

What's your GPU % load while in game,FPS, and are you on the max settings?

No im not on max setting, Medium but looks good to me so far [was plan to buy new GPU but since medium work for me ... i guess later]

My GPU Load is ~50% on both cards, FPS normally stay at 60, drop to around 30-40 in crowded area [Velia fishing .. citizen]

Posted

That high end mode is pretty worthless to me. I personally max every setting but keep high end mode off. It looks fantastic and runs smooth as silk and steady at over 60 fps on my little 960gtx. 

There's a great post by @FluffyQuack with info on different graphic setting combinations. Maybe these will help.

Posted

My computer is now two years old and is just a regular laptop and runs the game pretty nicely. Granted, I have to turn the quality down but I was surprised at how well it plays.

Posted

This game is seriously amazingly optimized! I have a pretty steady 59-60fps, no delays, no latency, no lags, no weird stuttering... It's really smooth and fluid even in very crowded areas. I'd say its because I have a new PC (had my old one for 8 years or so, so now everything feels magical) but I played BnS on it for a while and there lags and latency are a standard.

Posted

This game seems to be well optimized graphically, with the exception of the extreme high end. I can play MGSV at 4k resolution 50-60 fps stable no problem (except when I run through dust clouds that Quiet makes when she moves). Witcher 3 runs at 40-45 fps no problem. This game though, plays at 10 fps at 4k unless I use cropping, which dramatically improves performance more than I would expect of what is essentially a small resolution change. I don't play the game at 4k anyways though, cause interface scaling is locked to a max of 120%, and its still too small for comfort at that resolution.

Posted (edited)

I have a 4770k @4.6ghz and a 970 graphics card and I'm at a rock solid 60 fps. A few dips in cities but that is it.  

Gpu uses about 60% and my 8 cpu cores are at about 55% so seem well optimised to me as I have vsync on to avoid going over 60fps

Edited by Calendor

Posted

CPU: 5820k 4.5ghz

Ram: 16gb DDR4

game on SSD 2x 120gb Raid 0

I gues you can say thx to one of 2 things:

- windows 10

- Nvidia and them fake 4GB in GTX 970

I have 3570k@4.2GHz + GTX 960 4 GB + 8 GB DDR3 + win 7 + 120GB SSD and 0 problems.

Posted

well, its not hard to have games with better optimization than tw3.. I bet the CDPR guys just rolled their head on the keyboard and said : OK, its optimized.

About BDO, well, that's fine, its nor well optimized, nor badly optimized, its decent ! On high ( texture & graphic option ) with my GTX670 i have 50-60fps and around 40 in town.

But considering the lod pop, the very average AA so like view distance ( compare to a GTA5 / JC3 ) it the optimization could indeed be better :]

Posted

I haven't played it yet because I'm trying to get myself a guest pass but I heard that they made a special engine just for this game. That alone says it's well optimized. 

Posted

the game is really well optimized lol I'm playing on a computer that's like a decade old with a graphics card that came out in like 2011 and I'm on high settings and everything runs nicely.

Posted

Only issue I've ever had with this game is sometimes when I'm on my horse and my horse runs really fast and I arrive into another section of Calpheon(this only happens in Calpheon) a lot of the npcs won't load and sometimes I'll be hit with a 10 second delay. Besides that the game runs smoothly. If you're running high-end mode you should probably turn it off. In my opinion, I really can't tell the difference between when it's on and when it's off. 

Posted

i have a 970 and no issue. but i wun in windowed as well ( just makes it easier to consult BDO foundry and discord.)