• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ships Should boats/ships be repairable?

Should boats/ships be repairable?   32 votes

1. 1. Should boats/ships be repairable?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

So I keep hearing that boats and ships are not repairable. While I understand there are probably reasons that the game is designed this way, I feel like you should be able to repair your boat/ship (even if it's not cheap/takes a lot of resources). I was looking through the Pearl store, talking with some guild mates when I noticed a really cool looking boat. We were talking about it and one of them told me it would eventually break, at which point I questioned why you would spend $20 on something you can't repair. I wanted to get the opinions of the members of the community and would also appreciate if someone could explain why boats/ships aren't repairable so I can get a better understanding.

Posted

FYI, the boat on the Pearl Store is only a skin -you still need to obtain the boat to use the skin.

I voted yes, they should be repairable.

However, building the small boats we have access to atm, is really not a big task. Once higher level and with lots of contribution and energy, it'll become very easy. Which is why I think, they are not repairable.

Once they introduce Naval Combat in the Part3 Expansion, it'll be interesting to see how things change.

1 person likes this

Posted

The $20 thing you are talking about is simply a skin. This skin lasts forever and can be removed from a ship and then placed on another ship. It takes a really long time for a fishing boat to break, ie the lifespan hit 0. You really have to focus on something like whaling for it to happen.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm ok with boats being repairable, as long as the repair tool is a one time use item that must be crafted at a shipyard or purchased from other players on the auction house.  The item would obviously be cheaper than a boat, but would also be easier to make.  That way people who have built up their crafting goals around ship building will still be able to make money in some way

2 people like this

Posted

I think that as long as you own a Shipyard of appropriate level/ability, you should be able to set your workers to repair your boat with resources.

I get that perhaps that might hurt Ship builders as far as making money, so I am not 100% concerned about this, it would just be nice that's all.

Posted

FYI, the boat on the Pearl Store is only a skin -you still need to obtain the boat to use the skin.

I voted yes, they should be repairable.

However, building the small boats we have access to atm, is really not a big task. Once higher level and with lots of contribution and energy, it'll become very easy. Which is why I think, they are not repairable.

Once they introduce Naval Combat in the Part3 Expansion, it'll be interesting to see how things change.

The $20 thing you are talking about is simply a skin. This skin lasts forever and can be removed from a ship and then placed on another ship. It takes a really long time for a fishing boat to break, ie the lifespan hit 0. You really have to focus on something like whaling for it to happen.

Ahhhhh, thank you both for explaining that to me! ^-^

@Nikonthenet, I see what you're saying about the higher level with energy and stuff making it easier. But if they're introducing naval combat, I definitely think there should be some way to repair boats then :P

Posted

Life spans aren't a big deal.  In fact I hope they stay in effect, so that WAIT DON'T SACRIFICE ME TO RNGESUS!  LET ME TALK!

*ahem* 

I've noticed that some stuff is non-repairable, like gathering tools, ships, wagons, furniture.  Perhaps that's so crafters can have a solid business?  If I decide to make fishing boats as a source of marketplace income, I'll at least know there will always be a market for them.

2 people like this

Posted

@Nikonthenet, I see what you're saying about the higher level with energy and stuff making it easier. But if they're introducing naval combat, I definitely think there should be some way to repair boats then :P

Yea, defo!

Posted

It simply doesn't feel right to have to discard and rebuild ships like a consumable. Ships should last quite a long time with proper repairs.  I'd rather shipyards build materials necessary to repair ships.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

CM_J commented on this a bit ago as we have had several threads about this. He suggested we make a thread in suggestions, he also said he would put this feedback into his report. So someone did open a thread and a few of us commented on it.

Basically many are in agreement they should be repairable using materials. This will keep demand in the economy for the materials, give gatherers a reason to stay busy.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

Life spans aren't a big deal.  In fact I hope they stay in effect, so that WAIT DON'T SACRIFICE ME TO RNGESUS!  LET ME TALK!

*ahem* 

I've noticed that some stuff is non-repairable, like gathering tools, ships, wagons, furniture.  Perhaps that's so crafters can have a solid business?  If I decide to make fishing boats as a source of marketplace income, I'll at least know there will always be a market for them.

I see what you're saying, but as others are recommending, couldn't those same people that make boats maybe make a special item that allows for repairs and sell that instead? Or something similar :P

CM_J commented on a bit ago as we have had several threads about this. He suggested we make a thread in suggestions, he also said he would put this feedback into his report. So someone did open a thread and a few of us commented on it.

Basically many are in agreement they should be repairable using materials. This will keep demand in the economy for the materials, keeping gatherers busy.

Oops. My bad, I should've looked before posting >-< sorry!

Posted

Oops. My bad, I should've looked before posting >-< sorry!

Nothing to be sorry about. I wasn't faulting you, I'm sure the threads are buried and can't be found without hitting page 5 or something. Meant to just point out you are not the only one who feels this way.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see what you're saying, but as others are recommending, couldn't those same people that make boats maybe make a special item that allows for repairs and sell that instead? Or something similar :P

They could, but there would still be little to no market for boats to begin with, and that's where the money would be.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0