• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fish locations Fishing Spots

120 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Due to the broken nature of fishing and the vastness of the water area I wanted to create a thread that would make an easy reference of where you can catch certain fish. I think most if not all fish can probably be caught in numerous locations so this wouldn't be an exhaustive list but rather just give some locations of where I fish and what was caught there so others could potentially find a spot they know certain fish can be caught.

This is sort of a companion to another thread which documents all the broken fishing quests that call for one fish but really need another (thread can be found here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/42621-quests-that-give-you-wrong-info/#comment-640430). Since the locations can often also be incorrect on the quest you can waste a lot of time fishing at the indicated location and never get the right fish. So this will just be an ongoing collection of screenshots with my fishing location on the map and what fish I caught there. I will continue to add more fish to that location as I find them. If you catch a fish not listed at one of these locations please post and I will include it in the list.

Others that want to post their own locations are welcomed to do so. Maybe we can get a more exhaustive reference of fish locations if enough people contribute. There also seems to be a distinction between being on a boat and on the shore with regard to what you can catch in the same location so I will indicate boat or shore for clarity.

Fishing Spot 1 - Cron Castle area (boat)

Blue Tang - Butterflyfish - Cero - Checkerboard Wrasse - Dolphinfish - Flatfish - Rockfish - Round Herring - Sandeel - Sea Bass - Tapertail Anchovy - Whiting

my_fishing_spot_1.thumb.jpg.9a7087f8f30b

Fishing Spot 2 - South of Heidel (shore)

Arowana - Bluegill - Rosy Bitterling - Soho Bitterling - Snakehead

my_fishing_spot_2.thumb.jpg.7c9eb03201d3

Fishing Spot 3 - North of Velia (boat) - this was not a great spot for anything other than fish bones tbh

Amberjack - Butterflyfish - Fourfinger Threadfin - Jellyfish - Sandeel - Sardine

my_fishing_spot_3.thumb.jpg.92255d83df6b

Fishing Spot 4 - NW of Velia over Flounder knowledge marker

Cuttlefish - John Dory - Flounder - Fourfinger Threadfin - Gurnard - Maomao - Rosefish - Tongue Sole - Seahorse

my_fishing_spot_4.thumb.jpg.b5abf0a4709a

Fishing Spot 5 - Just barely SW of the Beltfish knowledge marker NW of Velia

Angler - Flatfish - Grouper - Grunt - Octopus - Ray - Shellfish - Skipjack - Surfperch

my_fishing_spot_5.thumb.jpg.0715f3c33d34

Fishing Spot 6 - Paratama Island in between Ilya and Velia just a tiny bit off shore from Fishing quest NPC Gario. NPC gives several quests and I caught most of the fish in this spot.

Atka Mackerel - Flounder -  Gunnel - Horn Fish - Moray - Octopus - Silver Stripe Round Herring - Sea Eel - Swordfish Ray - Trout - Tongue Sole - Sandfish - Blackfin Sweeper - Surfperch - Scorpion Fish - Starfish - Seahorse

my_fishing_spot_6.thumb.jpg.2c9645c3fad7

Fishing Spot 7 - Near Fishing NPC Jiro between river bridge and Bradie Fortress (shore)

Bitterling - Bubble Eye - Carp - Catfish - Cherry Salmon - Crucian Carp - Grayling  - Lenok  - Mandarin Fish - Pacu - Steed - Striped Shiner - Terrapin  - Yellowfin Sculpin

my_fishing_spot_7.thumb.jpg.bc39ed9eb32e

Edited by EQBallzz
adding stuffs
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

In your first fishing location, a little further down, there is also a good spot for Anglers.

Also some fish around Iliya, near the dock (boat), include: Dolphinfish, Filefish, Blue Tang, Bluefish, Cero, Moray, Fourfinger Threadfin, Flying Fish, Golden-Thread, Silver-Stripe Round Herring, Pomfret, Grouper, Croaker, Surfperch, Siganid, Tilefish, Saurel

Location.thumb.png.09a04a21fe2a095d65160

Edited by Angeldeath
1 person likes this

Posted

Nice. Thanks for the contribution and that is good info for the Angler. That's the one I'm currently hunting for. Is it just a bit south of the red circle in the first screenie?

Posted (edited)

Yes, basically near the fish icon (Beltfish) on the map.

I'm currently on the search for a very good spot of Blue Tang. Iliya Island only wealds a very bad spot it seems...

Edited by Angeldeath

Posted

Yes, basically near the fish icon (Beltfish) on the map.

I'm currently on the search for a very good spot of Blue Tang. Iliya Island only wealds a very bad spot it seems...

I think I caught quite a few Blue Tang in that first screenshot location. You have Blue Tang marked as blue on your list but I think it's a green rarity fish if I'm not mistaken.

Posted (edited)

Oh yes, will change that.

It seems you should use the normal Fishing Rod for green fish and everything above is very catchable with a Thick Fishing Rod.

Now I have those Blue Tangs..

Edited by Angeldeath

Posted

Oh yes, will change that.

It seems you should use the normal Fishing Rod for green fish and everything above is very catchable with a Thick Fishing Rod.

Now I have those Blue Tangs..

Can't seem to catch that Angler in that spot. Maybe I need to get that Thick Fishing Rod afterall. I thought those only improved fishing time but maybe not.

Posted (edited)

The Thick Fishing Rod increases your Fishing Ability by one which helps in getting higher grade fish and faster catch.

Edited by Angeldeath

Posted

Any news if the Spot moved with the maintenance ?

Posted

Good post! Thanks for the info etc.

Posted

Posted

I have wondered how the hot spots and higher energy casts would be affecting what i catch in each location but decided to just leave that for others to ponder. lol. Thanks for linking.

Posted (edited)

I found this Hotspot, only blue and yellow, 3-8 coalacanth each run, not a single white..but i would never tell you where you can find this spot, because its just dumb.

The only thing i say is, that it is near the coast from epheria port to palatelu island..

hotspot_2.thumb.jpg.e2487b50a97369c66347

hotspot.thumb.jpg.785b6ec617fd44f825bbe8

Edited by todddepri

Posted (edited)

Hi!

Iv been trying to get blue tang for a couple of days and i cant seem to find them.. i have caught 10 before but that was before i got the quest to get them.

The places you guys have given just doesnt seem to give me any blue tang.. The Cron Castle area, you caught blue tang by being in the boat? when im in the boat i get up that im in the luviano island node and i have to be at shore to use the Cron Castle Node. i also tried Illiya Island without any luck.

Is the Blue Tang a very low drop rate or am i doing something wrong?

Very good thread btw, marked as favorite and gonna drop by if im looking for some specific fish :)

Update: Went to the cron castle area linked and stayed there for a while and finally got a blue tang! i guess i wasnt patience enough.. thanks! :)

Edited by SmakfullTaco

Posted

Hi!

Iv been trying to get blue tang for a couple of days and i cant seem to find them.. i have caught 10 before but that was before i got the quest to get them.

The places you guys have given just doesnt seem to give me any blue tang.. The Cron Castle area, you caught blue tang by being in the boat? when im in the boat i get up that im in the luviano island node and i have to be at shore to use the Cron Castle Node. i also tried Illiya Island without any luck.

Is the Blue Tang a very low drop rate or am i doing something wrong?

Very good thread btw, marked as favorite and gonna drop by if im looking for some specific fish :)

Update: Went to the cron castle area linked and stayed there for a while and finally got a blue tang! i guess i wasnt patience enough.. thanks! :)

Yeah, this seems to be an imprecise thing. I actually tried to re-catch a fish that I had previously caught in one of those spots and couldn't catch it, either. Not sure if it's just bad RNG or if there was a "hot spot" in that area the previous time (do those move at random?) or maybe I was just on the edge of an area where I was casting before and I'm slightly out of the area the second time. I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions to make the info better or more useful I'm all ears.

I haven't been fishing the last few days because I'm trying to get some contribution points built up to build a fishing boat but will get back to it again eventually.

Posted (edited)

I found this Hotspot, only blue and yellow, 3-8 coalacanth each run, not a single white..but i would never tell you where you can find this spot, because its just dumb.

The only thing i say is, that it is near the coast from epheria port to palatelu island..

Nice bro, and nice level as well . lv. 53 :) 

Edited by Wicked.One1

Posted

Does anyone know the base (100%) market prices for all the fishes in game? Or that also depends on the distance where it was found?

Posted (edited)

I bet the spot you were in gives you junk indicated by the check box [throw away useless junk]

Edited by Curous
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Can somone plz confirm is this map is relavent to the euro version of release  - " http://www.blackdeserttome.com/map/  " i have been around in my boat and cannot access a number of islands, some are there some are not. Am hitting invisible walls trying to get to some of these islands. The islands of the coast near epheria  seem to be the most inaccessable, the islands above Dayton Island .   it feels like the truman show, am sailing away, ,,, and bang! i hit the end of the world.

As for fishing spots , strange thing i came across out in the deep . I saw a little lantern in the water, i went closer, yep a lantern floating in the sea and it was lit,  how bizzare, but beneath it seems to be a wall , some stacks of silver ingots / brick looking items and some sunken float markers.  I fished for a bit and got 2 colacaths. Worth 125k each. I was invested in the node near it, so they sold for near 150k. Been back a number of times in various conditions and times. Lots of blues but the colacaths never appeared again . So now am not looking at the horizon when i sail , am looking down into the deep to see if i can find more.

Edited by JudgeMental
1 person likes this

Posted

Does anyone know the base (100%) market prices for all the fishes in game? Or that also depends on the distance where it was found?

You can check them here: http://bddatabase.net/us/items/fish/

1 person likes this

Posted

Been fishing for 2 days straight in the area you marked for tongue sole, but no dice. Anyone got any idea if there's any other spot for the little bugger?

Posted (edited)

Been fishing for 2 days straight in the area you marked for tongue sole, but no dice. Anyone got any idea if there's any other spot for the little bugger?

I found some in Peyon Sea (NW of Epheria), just north of the closest bandit ships there. They were pretty rare though.

Edited by Xillia
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey, are you guys interested if i document these on my map? You can also draw them on the map if it's easier to explain areas :)

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted (edited)

Some friends and I have had better luck catching tongue soles over by the large mass of land coming out from the Cron Castle area, but fishing from our boats. Either north of the land or south of the land, in the water, we've seen the best results. Be sure to be in the Cron Castle node while fishing tho. Good luck, hope it helps.

2016-03-04_125886030 (2).JPG

Edited by Valli
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, are you guys interested if i document these on my map? You can also draw them on the map if it's easier to explain areas :)

very useful to have, go makeit happen!