• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fish locations Fishing Spots

120 posts in this topic

Posted

anyone know a good spot for Amberjack?

Thanks

Posted

Find them near Marka Island, north of Thermian Cliff.

Edit: Nevermind I accidently read "Tile Fish":$:$

So I can confirm a second spot for Filefish, just north of the Coastal Caves there's a set of rocks out a ways, close enough to swim to.   If you get the tapertail anchovie quest from crio, it'll highlight that area.        Now how rare an occurrence that will turn out to be is anyone's guess.

Posted (edited)

any idea where to find Mackerel Pike?

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/8335/

caught them most at luivano islands

anyone know a good spot for Amberjack?

Thanks

Iliya island for that on the pier

and seems like fishing spot 3 have them too near Velia

Edited by Maxsy

Posted

Hello all

Here's the fishing spot on Weita island, North from Velia

I was catch the following:

White: Flatfish

Green: Rockfish

Blue: Maomao, John Dory

Yellow: Grunt

Others: Silver Keys, Ancient Relic Crystal

Update this one if you catch others, thx and good luck :D

Fish spot Weita island.jpg

Fish spot Weita island 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello there!
So far all the fishing spots are correct with what you can fish there... but concerning the "Crucian Carp" this fishing spot isn't right :

Fishing Spot 7 - Near Fishing NPC Jiro between river bridge and Bradie Fortress (shore)

Bitterling - Bubble Eye - Carp - Catfish - Cherry Salmon - Crucian Carp - Grayling  - Lenok  - Mandarin Fish - Pacu - Steed - Striped Shiner - Terrapin  - Yellowfin Sculpin

I tried it for many hours (active fishing & afk fishing) and so far I caught none, same with the Pacu, Catfish & Cherry Salmon. I caught a Salmon there though.

I'm trying to catch a Crucian Carp for the quest "Special Fish" given by Jiro but from all the spot around him that I have tried... I caught none. Any ideas to where I can get a decent spot for that fish ?!

Thanks a lot!

Posted

Gracias a hombres y mujeres para los mensajes. Esta fue una gran ayuda para mí.

Posted (edited)

2016-05-15_201798178.thumb.JPG.860608e4e

Here is a fishing hot spot (south of Heidel in the swamp) where you can get :

Snakehead - Freshwater Eel - Bass - Roundtail Paradisefish - Mudfish - Dace

I'm trying to find a decent spot for Crucian Carp still... Work in progress, I'll update this!

Ok so for the quest given by Jiro where you have to fish a Crucian Carp... Here is a spot where I got some :

2016-05-16_269474963.thumb.JPG.211d308a2

Took me ages to find a decent spot -.-
As the ressources there are exhausted it can take quite a while but it's worth it (for the quest at least)

Edited by LeviathaNz

Posted

I found this Hotspot, only blue and yellow, 3-8 coalacanth each run, not a single white..but i would never tell you where you can find this spot, because its just dumb.

The only thing i say is, that it is near the coast from epheria port to palatelu island..

hotspot_2.thumb.jpg.e2487b50a97369c66347

hotspot.thumb.jpg.785b6ec617fd44f825bbe8

Perhaps your fishing level has to do with the coalacanth? What's your fishing level?

Posted (edited)

Perhaps your fishing level has to do with the coalacanth? What's your fishing level?

This guy is just a liar on top what he "claimed" and what he show in SS do not even match.

If you have a big inventory which this guy prolly bought alot and have over 80 or more slots this is mostly what happen after 1 round of fishing do in any gold spot or blue spot most of time.

Coelacanth is a rare fish you will randomly catch 1 once a while or 2-3 if you very lucky (i got 3 in 1 round once so far but that's coz i m lucky got 1 from 1 cast and a double while using triple cast rod) but mostly you will get maybe 1 per few day or sometime even not a single for week of fishing. 

Then again i m only a master rank fisher so who know but atleast if that's really a spot exists like that by now we already discover it.

Edited by Pinchy

Posted

Due to the broken nature of fishing and the vastness of the water area I wanted to create a thread that would make an easy reference of where you can catch certain fish. I think most if not all fish can probably be caught in numerous locations so this wouldn't be an exhaustive list but rather just give some locations of where I fish and what was caught there so others could potentially find a spot they know certain fish can be caught.

This is sort of a companion to another thread which documents all the broken fishing quests that call for one fish but really need another (thread can be found here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/42621-quests-that-give-you-wrong-info/#comment-640430). Since the locations can often also be incorrect on the quest you can waste a lot of time fishing at the indicated location and never get the right fish. So this will just be an ongoing collection of screenshots with my fishing location on the map and what fish I caught there. I will continue to add more fish to that location as I find them. If you catch a fish not listed at one of these locations please post and I will include it in the list.

Others that want to post their own locations are welcomed to do so. Maybe we can get a more exhaustive reference of fish locations if enough people contribute. There also seems to be a distinction between being on a boat and on the shore with regard to what you can catch in the same location so I will indicate boat or shore for clarity.

Fishing Spot 1 - Cron Castle area (boat)

Blue Tang - Butterflyfish - Cero - Checkerboard Wrasse - Dolphinfish - Flatfish - Rockfish - Round Herring - Sandeel - Sea Bass - Tapertail Anchovy - Whiting

my_fishing_spot_1.thumb.jpg.9a7087f8f30b

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Tapertail Anchovy, so here I am because I'm a little confused about this screenshot : It says Cron Castle area but is that the Cron Castle NODE too or not ?

I ask this question because when I'm standing exactly on this position, my node is affiliated to Luiviano's island.

Thanks by advance and leave a reply if you know about other spots for Tapertail Anchovy

Posted

Tapertail Anchovy, Tashu 1, blue spot. https://bdfishers.com/map/ (northwest of Iliya) 

Hey guys, I'm looking for a Tapertail Anchovy, so here I am because I'm a little confused about this screenshot : It says Cron Castle area but is that the Cron Castle NODE too or not ?

I ask this question because when I'm standing exactly on this position, my node is affiliated to Luiviano's island.

Thanks by advance and leave a reply if you know about other spots for Tapertail Anchovy

Posted

Hello there!
So far all the fishing spots are correct with what you can fish there... but concerning the "Crucian Carp" this fishing spot isn't right :

I tried it for many hours (active fishing & afk fishing) and so far I caught none, same with the Pacu, Catfish & Cherry Salmon. I caught a Salmon there though.

I'm trying to catch a Crucian Carp for the quest "Special Fish" given by Jiro but from all the spot around him that I have tried... I caught none. Any ideas to where I can get a decent spot for that fish ?!

Thanks a lot!

i fish this crucian carp just near jiro (tried to cast line on same spot as his xD)

Posted

bdfishers.com/map

Posted

any info on filefish @_@ this vile fish is so so so so harddd to finddd... ~~~ :(

ups done

now .. anyone knows dolphin fish -.-

i swear before the quest.. i catch a lot -.- now...

do you remember where you were able to find filefish?

Anything definitive on Filefish, I've gotten one off the Illya Docks on my boat, but after 3 or 4 days I'm still at just one.   Have tried everywhere anyone has mentioned... Olvia Coast/Thermien/Velia/Paratama/Ajiira..    This fish does not like me.

where you able to find filefish? I'm still stuck

Posted

I caught a tongue sole yesterday on the route from Velia to Pirate Islands. Auto path, first fish I caught, threw out the pole as soon as we started. 

Posted

I have been trying to find a spot to catch sardines for the fishing quest the one you listed for them i didn't get any. I did however manage to find some sardines on this rock at Coastal Cave.

2016-06-15_11485994.JPG

Posted (edited)

On the new moving hotspots:

• Seas of Epheria: Smokey Chromis, Eyespot Puffer
  • Balenos Islands: Black Porgy, Grunt
  • Seas of Nox: Tuna
  • Cron Islands: Spotted Sea Bass
Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted

Smokey Chromis has eluded me despite several sources documenting specific areas, particularly those near Illya Island, as well as a spot west of Staren Island.

Posted (edited)

Smokey Chromis has eluded me despite several sources documenting specific areas, particularly those near Illya Island, as well as a spot west of Staren Island.

Same here mate, but it's possible that those spots worked in the past but were removed in the maintenance last week.

I managed to catch them yesterday in the new hotspots around Epheria, hope that helps.

EDIT: Also worth noting, if you need the Smokey Chromis for the quest "Fish for Villagers", this was changed to a Tuna! You no longer need a Smokey Chromis for it, despite the quest objective still saying so.

Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted

On the new moving hotspots:

• Seas of Epheria: Smokey Chromis, Eyespot Puffer
  • Seas of Velia: Black Porgy, Grunt
  • Seas of Nox: Tuna

Where are the places ?

Posted

Where are the places ?

They aren't in 1 spot anymore, these are the new moving hotspots that are marked by a lot of fish and seagulls flying above the water.

The "Seas of ..." is the general area where you can find them.

Posted

but you need the angel to see a certain talent to the seagulls .

Sorry for my english

Posted

Anyone know a spot to get anglers since the update? Iv tried every known spot and havnt got any. 

Also My guilds fish mission is to get herrings. no one can find any.

Posted

but what if i cant see the jumping fish or gulls? I've gone fishing with a friend who can see them, and i get the benefit from fishing at them  but the birds and fish don't appear.