• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: Use Marker system, Game Mechanics, Ghillie suit p2w?

229 posts in this topic

Posted

So the main issue is players are being cheap and want free stuff then? The game has to make money somehow.

Posted

I liked your post and ofc the Thread, you explain "Mechanics/Statics" of the Situation very well, but you miss the main Point of the Problem or talk about other issues. Why the Suit/mechanic is "only" as Cash Shop Item available? This Item which give you a Unique mechanic as you said  is a Cash shop Item.

I hope you understand the thing i try to get out. 

I totally understand and acknowledge it, but the advantage it offers is superficial. Pretty much saying that person got one extra grain of rice in his bowl than mine, I will now starve because of it. May sound sarcastic, but there's really no other way to put it. The ones complaining have at times denied that hidden names being the reason that it is p2w, ruling out hidden names during combat as p2w. This unique mechanic is not unique, everyone can hide their names while crouched or prone. So if the problem isn't with hidden names during combat and we can replicate said effect via crouch and prone. Then what is the problem? I believe that most of the rage and flames are most likely attributed to sour experiences from ganks, followed by band-wagoners and trolls in the forums making this issue fly out of control. Sure it has a unique effect that is a cash shop only, but so are all the other costumes and so are all the pets. However the effects that they offer you is superficial, almost like fancy packaging on a product to make it more appealing.

Thank you for being polite and level headed, it is a nice change of pace.

1454891737580.jpg

Posted (edited)

Well i did not know crouch or prone do the same effect. (Seriously?) In this way it makes more sense.
I leave the topic better, because my Eng Skills horrible for this. (need over 20 min to make one useful sentence) but thanks for your behavior, this is how Topics should be.

Damn man you just awesome.

Offtopic for the Money Thing: Dont use this Argument "work or keep something up for money is not always the right thing"

Edited by Blacksheep

Posted (edited)

The entire post is just a long condescending way of telling people to "git gud", telling people to improve their strategy, awareness, perception just over this "discussable advantage". You however never even talk about how guilds, groups, players have to do all this adapting because people spent 25 valuta.

Inb4 people telling me I'm lazy for not wanting to adapt to their purchase.

Edited by Yablo
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lol Never said you said anything about needing nametags :) 

The people complaining are, so there's the best solution, remove everyone's name tag until u mouse over them when you're close. Clearly you care about the suit and the direction that its going, its ok to be concerned, that is why we are all posting but keep your emotions in check so that it does not cloud your thoughts. :) 

"if you believe you need to see a name in order to fight someone then it is your own handicap. "

keep lieing, the best proof the suit must be removed.

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

The entire post is just a long condescending way of telling people to "git gud", telling people to improve their strategy, awareness, perspection just over this "discussable advantage". You however never even talk about how guilds, groups, players have to do all this adaptating because people spent 25 valuta.

Inb4 people telling me I'm lazy for not wanting to adapt to their purchase.

The way some parts are worded may seem condescending, but I find this constructive nonetheless. Telling people to improve their strategy, awareness, and "perspection" (perception? perspective?) only serves to benefit them.

Personally, I don't have to do much adapting here, but I also come from Arma and other realistic shooters, so I may be just used to it.

Edited by Noobius

Posted (edited)

Condescending perhaps, but I find this constructive nonetheless. Telling people to improve their strategy, awareness, and "perspection" (perception? perspective?) only serves to benefit them.

Personally, I don't have to do much adapting here, but I also come from Arma and other realistic shooters, so I may be just used to it.

In a sandboxgame "git gud" proves the lack of sandbox understanding.
Its deconstructive... not constructive :) makes it look like this game is invested by thempark-lowbrains

Edited by Faustus

Posted

In a sandboxgame "git gud" proofs the lack of sandbox understanding.Its deconstructive... not constructive :)

Aww, my edit wasn't quoted. I should really work on getting things right the first time around. :(

I may be suffering from this lack of sandbox understanding, because I don't see how, for example, showing people how to mark targets or positions or how to identify classes via their weapons in a PvP environment is harmful.

Posted (edited)

and you wanna know why? because your one of them ignorant guys that will not admit that buying an item in an cash shop with real money that changes gameplay for people that wont buy it is pay to win.....

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

Edited by Farina

Posted

The way some parts are worded may seem condescending, but I find this constructive nonetheless. Telling people to improve their strategy, awareness, and "perspection" (perception? perspective?) only serves to benefit them.

Was on my phone, perspection is not a word.
Arma is a different game, the gameplay is different and you are most of the time scanning ridge lines and watching around you, doing this 24/7 while grinding mobs or fighting other players in a more hectic enviroment is different (also every player doesn't get a nametag, it's not hidden behind a paywall).
I read this a while back, perfectly shows why the red glow isn't a valid argument in saying that the ghillie is not an advantage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4ae6ru/unfortunately_i_believe_its_time_to_goodbye_guys/

Posted (edited)

Aww, my edit wasn't quoted. I should really work on getting things right the first time around. :(

I may be suffering from this lack of sandbox understanding, because I don't see how, for example, showing people how to mark targets or positions or how to identify classes via their weapons in a PvP environment is harmful.

We'll its a sandbox game...im one of top ranking fisherman have one of the most expensive fishing rods and im top player in the endgame i choose in this sandbox (sandbox == everything can be endgame, not just pvp/mob-killing, like in a themepark-mmo)

So if people telling me git gud because of lacking pvp skills/knwoledge, eventho they are much worse in their endgame then i'm in my, they show they don't understand sandbox :)

There is more then 1 playstyle in a sandbox, and people here obviously only know 1 way to play it (gear rush -> pvp).
I havn't even found a pvp ranking in the game, is there something like this? :D

Edited by Faustus

Posted

OP, point blank ?. Do you own a G.Suit. If so why?

Posted (edited)

Was on my phone, perspection is not a word.Arma is a different game, the gameplay is different and you are most of the time scanning ridge lines and watching around you, doing this 24/7 while grinding mobs or fighting other players in a more hectic enviroment is different (also every player doesn't get a nametag, it's not hidden behind a paywall).
I read this a while back, perfectly shows why the red glow isn't a valid argument in saying that the ghillie is not an advantage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4ae6ru/unfortunately_i_believe_its_time_to_goodbye_guys/

It is true that Arma is a different game, but you'd be surprised at how many things you learn in that game that could be applied elsewhere (e.g. BDO). For example, having the patience or prudence to not immediately attack a hostile target who hasn't acquired you and instead taking the time to assess the situation goes a long way. Also, if I'm attacked by players while I'm focused on fighting mobs, or even while I'm performing said recon, then I'm running away. I tend to lose fights I'm not ready for, and I really don't like losing. :)

We'll its a sandbox game...im one of top ranking fisherman have one of the most expensive fishing rods and im top player in the endgame i choose in this sandbox (sandbox == everything can be endgame, not just pvp/mob-killing, like in a themepark-mmo)
So if people telling me git gud because of lacking pvp skills, eventho they are much worse in their endgame then i'm in my, they show they don't understand sandbox :)

Well, from what I gather, the issue here is how the ghille suit affects PvP. If, being a high-ranking fisherman, you have no use for the information given here, then it doesn't apply to you, and you therefore do not need to "git gud" in the manner that this thread suggests.

EDIT: fixed grammar cuz I can't English...

Edited by Noobius

Posted

The fact is it isn't even the majority who whines about it. It is just an extremely vocal minority (more or less the 5 same people and their alt accounts) and it also quite often the same people you see whining about what they call "care bears" and how the current karma system should be removed so they can PK all day long...

Posted

OP, point blank ?. Do you own a G.Suit. If so why?

No I don't own one. I'm just a person that played this game a lot in the KR servers.

Posted (edited)

Well, from what I gather, the issue here is how the ghille suit affects PvP. If, being a high-ranking fisherman, you have no use for the information given here, then it doesn't apply to you, and you therefore do not need to "git gud" in the matter that this thread suggests.

We'll the git gud faction in this thread hasn't even give the information needed.
The only real arguments are 4 and 5 and these he hasn't solved he simply said "if you can't do it its you, for everyone i know it doesnt make a difference... git gud"  and therefor implicitly admitted that there is an advantag and that even he doesn't has a solution for this advantage (obviously he hasn't admitted that directly and hided it behind his rhetorics, because of fanboy issues)

Edited by Faustus

Posted (edited)

We'll the git gud faction in this thread hasn't even give the information needed.The only real arguments are 4 and 5 and these he hasn't solved he simply said "if you can't do it its you, for everyone i know it doesnt make a difference... git gud"  and therefor implicitly admitted that there is an advantag and that even he doesn't has a solution for this advantage (obviously he hasn't admitted that directly and hided it behind his rhetorics, because of fanboy issues)

I've come to the conclusion that you get triggered when something akin to "git gud" arises, but in your emotionally unstable state you've completely overlooked why I said the problem lies with the player. So here it is again in a short sentence for you. The game provides you with all the necessary mechanics to warn you ahead of time of an approaching player. If you so happen to not pay attention and get ganked then who's fault is it? The game? The suit, even though the player is revealed on the map? Or is it yourself that let this happen by not keeping an eye on the mini-map every few seconds?

Forgot to add, chasing someone also uses the same mechanics. So in essence point 4 and 5 are pretty much the same thing, but it wasn't I who decided they were separate arguments. Remember, I merely took their arguments as is in the order they appeared in other threads.

Edited by Alleyne
2 people like this

Posted

Unless they release the buster sword as a unique item that costs $100, this is really just a game that..................tricked the consumer into thinking they were buying a b2p game pig when in reality it was a f2p game wolf in disguise.

Posted (edited)

I've come to the conclusion that you get triggered when something akin to "git gud" arises, but in your emotionally unstable state you've completely overlooked why I said the problem lies with the player. So here it is again in a short sentence for you. The game provides you with all the necessary mechanics to warn you ahead of time of an approaching player. If you so happen to not pay attention and get ganked then who's fault is it? The game? The suit, even though the player is revealed on the map? Or is it yourself that let this happen by not keeping an eye on the mini-map every few seconds?

Forgot to add, chasing someone also uses the same mechanics. So in essence point 4 and 5 are pretty much the same thing, but it wasn't I who decided they were separate arguments. Remember, I merely took their arguments as is in the order they appeared in other threads.

Its funny that you accuse me of beeing to emotional , while you fanboy-emotiones caused you to lie about my arguments. (or prevented you from reading them the way they where written) ...we have 2 pieces of evidence for it i hope you haven't forgot them...
So i come to the conclousion you get triggerd when someone faces you rhetorics with deductive arguments and therefor you will start every cheap trick to defend your rhetorics.
Unless you don't show me a quote where i said "you need a name to kill someone" you haven't even addressed my previous arguments and therefor it makes no sence to ignore them now as if you already had :)

"The game provides you with all the necessary mechanics to warn you ahead of time of an approaching player."

I find it funny that your short sentence, doesn't even disprove the real arguments made by the other side.
So if thats the short version of your position, you have just proved that your position has not addressed argument 4/5 in the way it was made by the other side.
Thanks for proving my point for the 5th time now...

You did a very good job convincing me from "i dont care about the suit" to "there is something wrong with it"

Edited by Faustus

Posted

I personally find it easier to see players in the suit. Sorry, but a normal player running around I tend to ignore.

Someone running around wearing a tree. I easily pay more attention too.

Posted

Its funny that you accuse me of beeing to emotional , while you fanboy-emotiones caused you to lie about my arguments. (or prevented you from reading them the way they where written) ...we have 2 pieces of evidence for it i hope you haven't forgot them...
So i come to the conclousion you get triggerd when someone faces you rhetorics with deductive arguments and therefor you will start every cheap trick to defend your rhetorics.
Unless you don't show me a quote where i said "you need a name to kill someone" you haven't even addressed my previous arguments and therefor it makes no sence to ignore them now as if you already had :)

"The game provides you with all the necessary mechanics to warn you ahead of time of an approaching player."

I find it funny that your short sentence, doesn't even disprove the real arguments made by the other side.
So if thats the short version of your position, you have just proved that your position has not addressed argument 4/5 in the way it was made by the other side.
Thanks for proving my point for the 5th time now...

You did a very good job convincing me from "i dont care about the suit" to "there is something wrong with it"

1) I call you emotional because you were the first and only one to start name calling.

2)There are no cheap tricks, I'm afraid you don't know the meaning of the word rhetoric. All your arguments were answered from the first post to begin with, it is you that is running in circles chasing your own tail.

3)If you need a name to kill someone that killed you, its in the kill feed. This is basic knowledge in pvp, perhaps you haven't tried it yet?

4)It does not disprove the others arguments, it invalidates their arguments as they complain there are no counters other than the flare which is completely untrue.

5)You were already invested in this topic and sitting on the other side of the fence from way before I made this thread. You came in here from other ghillie suit threads with a clear choice to not believe in anything else other than what you want to believe. So no, I didn't convince you on anything.

Posted

No I don't own one. I'm just a person that played this game a lot in the KR servers.

Does any other version of the game have this outfit?

Posted

Don't bother, this forum is full of crying little children.... I already experienced it when I tried to suggest why the game has trade set up the way it does. Instead they ignore you on everything you said and continue to argue.

----- the morons whining about the ghillie. They will whine about the new thing that comes along, it's so pathetic...

WoW you used to have COMPLETE INVISIBILITY for rogues....you couldn't see them. At all! try that one out...

the trade set up is like this in all region and its what makes rmt to a minimum . i dont need someone on the forums to tell me that for me to know.

Also how can you compare a skill from rogue from a different game with a suit you can buy off the shop ?

I first thought that the suit was just removing your name so i didnt care but its much more than that. They easily get the first hit on u , they are hard to target in places with grass and bushes , and if there is guidies and enemy they blend .... Its pay to win to an extend and it shoulf only be on the loyality shop imo.

With that beeing said i think you sound a lot like a crybaby yourself complaning about being ignored and all.

Posted

Does any other version of the game have this outfit?

I don't see the point here, only one I cannot confirm having it is the RU server. Though I doubt it will be any different from KR/JP/NA/EU.

Posted (edited)

Because if the company caves in to this ridiculousness the part of the community that cries at every corner will begin to whine about every other aspect that grabs their attention right after this one. Forcing the game to change to suit their tastes, until this game becomes another carbon copy of every other western mmo. Which in itself ruins the appeal of this game, it was so special and appealing because it was different. This game is the Arma of fantasy mmorpgs, people are supposed to use guerrilla tactics, guilds are supposed to have recon units, people are encouraged to use the environment to their advantage. It needs to stay because if you remove it, you start the downward spiral into the rabbit hole. What will you do when people start using dyes to dye their armor sets dark green, it serves the same purpose as camouflage and breaks the outline of a human better than the poor excuse of a ghillie suit that the trent suit is. The same group of people will begin to complain about the dyes giving an advantage and to remove dyes. Where do we go then? Indeed this is bullshit, because the complaints are superficial. If you really want to remove pay to win stuff, remove the pets, remove the horse costumes, but we can't have that now can we? Also your question answers itself, but I decided to humor you.

Now let me ask you this, we now remove all the name tags during GvG and in pvp zones, but keep the suits to have those people happy, then what? Keep in mind I do not own one of those suits. The other advantage you claim it has, camouflage can be replicated to a degree that works better on the human brain than the trent suit via dyes. What do you recommend to do then?

look I get that the suit is a cool concept and allows the use of special tactics . The problem is: PAYWALL nothing that changes the game this much should be behind a paywall with no other way of obtaining it ingame.

Anonymity will always be an advantage to people that want to do bad things..it's why people wear masks when they rob banks etc. And in this game trolly dicks just use it to gank you then avoid any comeback through the suits perks..this is pay to win trolling at its best either let everyone have it or no one.

Edited by Khazard