• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Knowledge - Balenos Adventure Journal I

35 posts in this topic

Posted

You did not read what i've said;

"...making Progress Family wide...", which is Character exclusive and does not make sense, since you can do Quests only once, no matter which Character you choose. If you do a Questline on Char 1, you can't do it on your Char 2. Clear so far? Now Progress, which apparently is bound to the Quests is not Family Wide, which makes it impossible to reach 100%.

I did, and that wasnt directed only at you.

And in RU, that wasnt the case - I could do quests on my main and on my alt. Did something change here, are your quest logs set to accept all quests?

So define progress. Since you can do quests on your alts.

Posted

I did, and that wasnt directed only at you.

And in RU, that wasnt the case - I could do quests on my main and on my alt. Did something change here, are your quest logs set to accept all quests?

So define progress. Since you can do quests on your alts.

This is not the RU Version, this is NA/EU. There are quite a few differences between all the Versions...

one is that there is a huge amount of Quests which you can only do once per Family, with exceptions like most of the Black Spirit Story, Main-Story, Inv Quests etc. 

A lot of the Side-Quests can be done only once per Family ( or Exploration Quests, are also a good example ), don't remember this being actually possible in RU or even KR Versions. Same goes for Dailies, which you can do only once a day, on one of your Chars.. after you've done that, you can't do them on your Alts. There are also Questlines, where you have to choose a Path between several lines, which makes it impossible to do the other ones. Those you can do on your Alt and here is the Problem..

http://i.imgur.com/arvQWt3.jpg?1

That is from a different Thread not mine, but since you want to know what i mean by "Progress". That "Quest Progress" is exclusive to each Character and not shared between your Characters, which does not make sense at all, since Knowledge is shared, Amity is shared and so on and so on. For example.. if you reach 50% on Char 1 and 50% on Char 2.. it will stay that way. That is what i mean by making "Progress" shared by family, it would make more sense to see 100% on that Picture.. than having 2 seperated ones with 50% on each of them.

This is what i mean.. you won't be able to reach 100% in Quest Progress if you have to use several Characters to do Quest-lines. Like in the Velia Region i had to do several Questlines on my Alt, to gain Knowledge ( which is shared ), otherwise i would not have been able to complete Categories in said Knowledge.

Maybe this is just bugged and is actually shared, or the Quests are bugged and you should be able to do them on all Chars etc... but who knows.. without an actual Statement from Daum EU, we don't know for sure.

Posted

This is not the RU Version, this is NA/EU. There are quite a few differences between all the Versions...

one is that there is a huge amount of Quests which you can only do once per Family, with exceptions like most of the Black Spirit Story, Main-Story, Inv Quests etc. 

A lot of the Side-Quests can be done only once per Family ( or Exploration Quests, are also a good example ), don't remember this being actually possible in RU or even KR Versions. Same goes for Dailies, which you can do only once a day, on one of your Chars.. after you've done that, you can't do them on your Alts. There are also Questlines, where you have to choose a Path between several lines, which makes it impossible to do the other ones. Those you can do on your Alt and here is the Problem..

http://i.imgur.com/arvQWt3.jpg?1

That is from a different Thread not mine, but since you want to know what i mean by "Progress". That "Quest Progress" is exclusive to each Character and not shared between your Characters, which does not make sense at all, since Knowledge is shared, Amity is shared and so on and so on. For example.. if you reach 50% on Char 1 and 50% on Char 2.. it will stay that way. That is what i mean by making "Progress" shared by family, it would make more sense to see 100% on that Picture.. than having 2 seperated ones with 50% on each of them.

This is what i mean.. you won't be able to reach 100% in Quest Progress if you have to use several Characters to do Quest-lines. Like in the Velia Region i had to do several Questlines on my Alt, to gain Knowledge ( which is shared ), otherwise i would not have been able to complete Categories in said Knowledge.

Maybe this is just bugged and is actually shared, or the Quests are bugged and you should be able to do them on all Chars etc... but who knows.. without an actual Statement from Daum EU, we don't know for sure.

Im gonna go with the theory you arent intended to talk down to me and Im misreading your tone. Cause, you know, its not like I would assume the versions are exactly the same. Or that you would assume its entirely a different game. Or that, this is the russian version and i am seriously lost. O.o (*hands over a cookie*)

Does that progress affect anything besides numbers? To the best of my knowledge, it doesnt. If you are arguing numbers be shared so you can see 100%, then, well, sure! No reason against that. It doesnt affect anything you can get so I never cared about the numbers. You can get knowledge either way - and its not limited to specific character slots either..

But the point of the thread originally was that characters cannot complete quests even though no other char on that account can. So... the progress doesnt have much to do with that. xD

Posted (edited)

Im gonna go with the theory you arent intended to talk down to me and Im misreading your tone. Cause, you know, its not like I would assume the versions are exactly the same. Or that you would assume its entirely a different game. Or that, this is the russian version and i am seriously lost. O.o (*hands over a cookie*)

Does that progress affect anything besides numbers? To the best of my knowledge, it doesnt. If you are arguing numbers be shared so you can see 100%, then, well, sure! No reason against that. It doesnt affect anything you can get so I never cared about the numbers. You can get knowledge either way - and its not limited to specific character slots either..

But the point of the thread originally was that characters cannot complete quests even though no other char on that account can. So... the progress doesnt have much to do with that. xD

Nah, i'm not lol.. but where is the coffee.. cookie without coffee? Shame on you ó_ó

No, the "numbers" themself do not affect anything, beside being there. Then there would be the question.. why putting a  progress bar in the Game, if it is not even possible to reach the 100% in the first place? I find it very helpful as an indication of how many Quests i've left in a certain Area, after all i want to complete them all.. and if we can trust the bd database site, we talk about 10k+ Quest here. With that amount i would like to know where i stay.. xD

Knowledge on the other hand is shared yea, but i am not sure if it is intended that i have to use several Characters to get all of it. Like Balenos Adventure Journal I. I had to use an Alt to complete that, since those Questlines never appeared on my Main. All people i've asked about it had the same Problem, but also with other Questlines, so i am really not sure if this is just "bugged" or intended that way.

IF it is intended that way, than the % Progress should be family wide.. is all i am saying. It does not affect my Gameplay, but if you are an Achievement hunter it can certainly can grind your gears.. like that little fly getting on your nerves, flying near your ear/face, while you are sleeping. lol

Talking about Progress.. this was the post i was answering to:

"It's really disappointing knowing my main character will never be able to achieve 100% completion in the Balenos area because of a bug."..

Edited by Perdosa

Posted

Nah, i'm not lol.. but where is the coffee.. cookie without coffee? Shame on you ó_ó

No, the "numbers" themself do not affect anything, beside being there. Then there would be the question.. why putting a  progress bar in the Game, if it is not even possible to reach the 100% in the first place? I find it very helpful as an indication of how many Quests i've left in a certain Area, after all i want to complete them all.. and if we can trust the bd database site, we talk about 10k+ Quest here. With that amount i would like to know where i stay.. xD

Knowledge on the other hand is shared yea, but i am not sure if it is intended that i have to use several Characters to get all of it. Like Balenos Adventure Journal I. I had to use an Alt to complete that, since those Questlines never appeared on my Main. All people i've asked about it had the same Problem, but also with other Questlines, so i am really not sure if this is just "bugged" or intended that way.

IF it is intended that way, than the % Progress should be family wide.. is all i am saying. It does not affect my Gameplay, but if you are an Achievement hunter it can certainly can grind your gears.. like that little fly getting on your nerves, flying near your ear/face, while you are sleeping. lol

Talking about Progress.. this was the post i was answering to:

"It's really disappointing knowing my main character will never be able to achieve 100% completion in the Balenos area because of a bug."..

*hands over coffee too, but the mugs empty* drank it all. Sorry. xD

Im all for making that progress bar family wide, though. Seems logical and a reasonable request. :)

Posted

it won't reach 100% anywhere.. the % is "-----ed up" so to speak. This is not the only Questline who is like that.. there are dozens of lines alone in the Balenos Region, which i did with my second Character and even some i did with my 3rd. The requirements, restrictions for questlines are way too complex, so it happens that you take 1 line and won't be able to take 2 other ones because of it.. so all Daum has to do at the moment, is making Progress "Family wide", not "Character only".. that would fix the whole issue.

Making it possible to do all quests on one character means they would have to rewrite the requirements, restrictions on several hundred quests/lines, which is basically not possible for Daum. Pearl Abyss would be the ones to fix that, which i am not going to bet a single buck on, that they ever would.

Yeah, it's really disappointing :( I'm the type that likes to complete everything even if it takes a long time. If it caps out at 98% or something it's going to annoy the ----- out of me.

Posted

There are several quests that involve being equipped with specific pieces of armor.  You're given an Ultimate Basteel weapon in a quest at some point.  If you get that to +7 and reach lvl 50 you unlock a quest to trade that in for 10 weapon stones.  If you get Dobart armor to +5 and equip it at lvl 46 you get quests to swap them for other armor types.  Who knows what other types of weird triggers there are for quests that aren't well understood?

Many quests disappear after a certain level (the repeatable mob killing ones you usually find from people in inns).

There is a pair of quests for which you can only complete one.  There are dark spirit quests that are offered that overwrite npc quests you pick up.

I'm normally the type to try and do every single quest, but all of this convinced me that it's simply unfeasible and likely impossible.  Sharing mission completion percentages would alleviate this somewhat.

Posted (edited)

I ended up just waving Freharu up to 800.

laughed at it first.

in Balenos i had to Wave "Clorince" to 201 Amity

in Serendia "Melissa Brady" and "Freharau" to 800, i think it was.

that was super annoying, the worst minigame ever there, i don't know what devs thought about this. Also i think some amity game "knowledge" has wrong values, as in it states "interest level 8-14, but you only get like 0-2" max favor.

seems kindah bugged.

You did not read what i've said;

"...making Progress Family wide...", which is Character exclusive and does not make sense, since you can do Quests only once, no matter which Character you choose. If you do a Questline on Char 1, you can't do it on your Char 2. Clear so far? Now Progress, which apparently is bound to the Quests is not Family Wide, which makes it impossible to reach 100%.

actually, it seems, that dailies increase the % per area, lets say u are at balenos area at 90%, and do some dailies in balenos area, u raise your 90% to maybe 91-92% or something.

its a bit different from other games, where u quest everything and achieve 100%.

not sure about caps for dailies tho, even if u repeat the same daily over and over, my % goes up, not sure if some "real" quests lock out some of the 100% cap tho. i didn't reach it so high yet.

Serendia is my highest @ 73,80% 

btw, i only found 1 quest in serendia, where i had to choose about killing a guy, or letting him off, and i let him off and got some peasant lover title. maybe there is 1 more in calpheon, but other than that i dunno that was the only 1 , balenos had none.

Edited by FamousAzzkicker

Posted

I know exactly why they have these requirements. Its so there is new content for alts.  You can clearly find these requirements on BDDatabase, its silly, but so many quests have ridiculously weird requirements, I dont think they were all meant to be done by one person, but meant to appear "randomly" even if people didnt realize what it was that they did to find quest and make everything seem more dynamic.

Posted

Omfg this bug still exist, daum get ur s**t fixed! Or hire me! Cant wait to push this mmo to top10 (y)