• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What foods or costumes or equipment for fishing?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone, I am only lvl 20, and I would like to know any food or costume or equipment that will give you buff for fishing. Anything that will help fishing (speed, XP, etc). 

Please help. I only know the fishing rods.

Thank you again.

Posted

Yep, at certain levels within your Skill/Profession, you'll eventually get faster and better fish.

Different ways to increase rarity/speed;

1. Food

2. Clothing/Uniform

3. Fishing Rods

4. (Eventually) The Penguin Pet!

Posted (edited)

Thank you Qex, but I know that, but I need specific things lol. Like, I know food, but what food? I know costumes, but what costumes, etc. Ty again.

I know all the rods, that I need, when I lvl up. But I dont know about foods, and costumes.

Edited by mystical_odin

Posted

Guild's that put points into the Passive Fishing +1/+2/+3 skill is also helpful~~

Posted

You can get the fishing costume pretty early on that gives you +1 to fishing from doing the quests on Veila docks, just keep doing the fishing quest from is it Ciro(?) the otter guy (he has a fish icon on the map) and the short dude standing on the dock. He'll make you catch muskippers and mackerels and dry fish and then sell it to the trader and eventually after 3-4 of these you'll get the quest to pick up his armour from a courier guy. Sorry it's a bit vague but I'm not that good with names. The area is small and the quests are obvious when you get there, so you should be okay. Make sure to display all quests from your quest log (O). One important thing is he'll ask you to catch starfish in one quest, in fact it's a sandfish he wants, there's an error in the ingame text.

Doing these will also get you some bait which gives you another +1 for the short time they are active.

There's some scented tea I think which gives you +fishing skill, but to be honest I just eat whatever is cheapest on the marketplace to level up my health so I haven't paid attention to skill+ food yet. Honestly I'm not sure you need it, I've been fishing with just the outfit and level appropriate rods and I'm in the top 5 on the server usually.

Posted

Thank you for everyone's help. 

You can get the fishing costume pretty early on that gives you +1 to fishing from doing the quests on Veila docks, just keep doing the fishing quest from is it Ciro(?) the otter guy (he has a fish icon on the map) and the short dude standing on the dock. He'll make you catch muskippers and mackerels and dry fish and then sell it to the trader and eventually after 3-4 of these you'll get the quest to pick up his armour from a courier guy. Sorry it's a bit vague but I'm not that good with names. The area is small and the quests are obvious when you get there, so you should be okay. Make sure to display all quests from your quest log (O). One important thing is he'll ask you to catch starfish in one quest, in fact it's a sandfish he wants, there's an error in the ingame text.

Doing these will also get you some bait which gives you another +1 for the short time they are active.

There's some scented tea I think which gives you +fishing skill, but to be honest I just eat whatever is cheapest on the marketplace to level up my health so I haven't paid attention to skill+ food yet. Honestly I'm not sure you need it, I've been fishing with just the outfit and level appropriate rods and I'm in the top 5 on the server usually.

Thank you so much Kerres, I really appreciate your help. I will try that guy by the dock in Velia. You are better than me as far as remembering names lol .Thank you again.

Posted

Balenos Special: +2 to Fishing, Gathering and Movement Speed for 90/110 minutes (110 on proc)

Fruit Wine: +1 to Fishing for 60 minutes

Sute Tea: +8% to life experience (fishing experience) for 90 minutes

Other things are not as beneficial.

Then you've got your fishing rods, Steel gives +2 fishing, Thick gives +1 fishing.

Silver Embroidered Fisher's Clothes gives +1 to fishing and movement speed. If you upgrade it to +1, it gains +10% fishing experience, then levels beyond that add 5% per level.

4 people like this

Posted

Thanks Sephina, I found your answer really helpful, I got my Embroidered Fishing Clothes up to +1 (second try so I lost the first 2 I bought) I really nitice a big difference wearing those and using the Sute Tea.

Posted

The thing is, when you reach lvl5 enhancement there is nothing else you can do to improve the fishing speed.
Currently I am only using Fruit Wine to get enhancement to lvl5 . I have a costume that gives +1, road that gives +21 and I do have another +12 but dont know exactly from where :D

Posted (edited)

Thanks Sephina, I found your answer really helpful, I got my Embroidered Fishing Clothes up to +1 (second try so I lost the first 2 I bought) I really nitice a big difference wearing those and using the Sute Tea.

Just craft the Life-Skill Outfits yourself! They are rather simple to make really.

Just dedicate 2-3 workers to the needed nodes and you've got the material in a no time.

After that you dedicate one worker to craft 4-6 costumes and start enchanting :)

At +5 (the max) it'll give you +3 Fishing, +4 Movement, +35% Fishing EXP

Edited by Skaar
1 person likes this

Posted

Just craft the Life-Skill Outfits yourself! They are rather simple to make really.

Just dedicate 2-3 workers to the needed nodes and you've got the material in a no time.

After that you dedicate one worker to craft 4-6 costumes and start enchanting :)

At +5 (the max) it'll give you +3 Fishing, +4 Movement, +35% Fishing EXP

Ahh ok thanks, will start doing this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0