• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Does Accuracy actually pierce defense and add hit rate?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been hearing that accuracy adds both hit rate and armor penetration. Are there any videos proving this? Or is this a typical hoax?

Posted

I have been hearing that accuracy adds both hit rate and armor penetration. Are there any videos proving this? Or is this a typical hoax?

When i switched from AP/DP accessories to Accuracy with an Accuracy Shield, i noticed that my hits were only about the same power as before, i was just able to reliably hit red/purple mobs. 
Same deal with my Berserker, the power of the individual hits remained about the same, i was just hitting with almost every hit, as opposed to maybe every third. 

I could of course be wrong. Its been known to happen, this is merely my observations thus far. 

Posted

So it felt like you were still two-shotting mobs that you already two-shotted before when you switched to accuracy?

Posted

Accuracy was a big improvement on my Serker pve. I'm uber badie at pvp so no ammount of accuracy is going to win the day for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

So it felt like you were still two-shotting mobs that you already two-shotted before when you switched to accuracy?

Well, I was never killing things red/.purple in two shots :P

But yeah, the same number of landed hits for both sets to kill the target. The non Accuracy set takes longer on account of the failed attacks.

Posted

How about a word from the people who played on the KR servers?

Posted

Accuracy stat is retarded in a action combat mmo really. It's not truly a action combat mmo if im attacking something and I do no damage. Mobs should just have a damage reduction instead 

Posted

When i switched from AP/DP accessories to Accuracy with an Accuracy Shield, i noticed that my hits were only about the same power as before, i was just able to reliably hit red/purple mobs. Same deal with my Berserker, the power of the individual hits remained about the same, i was just hitting with almost every hit, as opposed to maybe every third. 

I could of course be wrong. Its been known to happen, this is merely my observations thus far. 

my Set is Entirely based on Accuracy, and I can hit Everything, so far -Including Catfish which is at lest 15 levels above me.

Posted (edited)

My question is, is there anything above lvl 50 or 55? if it's only +Hit, then at what point is Accuracy worthless...

Edited by Visigoth

Posted

My question is, is there anything above lvl 50 or 55? if it's only +Hit, then at what point is Accuracy worthless...

If the armor pen thing is true then there is legitimately no point to pick Axion Shield over Vangertz for example. The main thing that needs to be debunked is the armor pen myth. Does anyone have any idea how to test this? How to lower variation between damage, etc.

Posted

If the armor pen thing is true then there is legitimately no point to pick Axion Shield over Vangertz for example. The main thing that needs to be debunked is the armor pen myth. Does anyone have any idea how to test this? How to lower variation between damage, etc.

Bump!

Posted

Accuracy does in fact add armor pen in a way. Accuracy is a counter to the evasion stat. If a person is actively stacking evasion then having accuracy will help you hit them. But otherwise the stat itself isn't worth much at this stage of the game. If you are leveling and grinding purples then its a great stat since higher level mobs do give you much higher chances to miss. 

Posted

Accuracy is a skill meamt for training to 50

Ap is the skill meant for beyond 50

Many skills at 40+ give 100% accuracy. (Rangers)

So we atleast only need ap. With a very small amount that can miss. Rangers have skills to buff accuracy if needed. But rarely used

Posted

Accuracy is a skill meamt for training to 50

Ap is the skill meant for beyond 50

Many skills at 40+ give 100% accuracy. (Rangers)

So we atleast only need ap. With a very small amount that can miss. Rangers have skills to buff accuracy if needed. But rarely used

I've read that we want around 40-50 accuracy for pvp at 50 for most classes.  I play valk, which also has +accuracy on most skills. Miss chance is evidently higher than one would expect!  It is quite easy to feel like you are hitting consistently as the game doesn't seem to show text for a "miss" and most abilities hit several times.  My shield throw for example has 10 hits in a 1-2 second period, there is no way I can tell the difference!

That being said, i swapped my shield to vangerts from axion (vang gives +1 accuracy as a hidden stat for each enchantment level) Sunday.  I went from 101 AP to 92, yet I do noticeably more damage now despite a 9.1% reduction in AP.  It is visible both in pvp and pve.  I'm 52, so i'm not dealing with mobs or players higher level than myself generally

Posted

I've read that we want around 40-50 accuracy for pvp at 50 for most classes.  I play valk, which also has +accuracy on most skills. Miss chance is evidently higher than one would expect!  It is quite easy to feel like you are hitting consistently as the game doesn't seem to show text for a "miss" and most abilities hit several times.  My shield throw for example has 10 hits in a 1-2 second period, there is no way I can tell the difference!

That being said, i swapped my shield to vangerts from axion (vang gives +1 accuracy as a hidden stat for each enchantment level) Sunday.  I went from 101 AP to 92, yet I do noticeably more damage now despite a 9.1% reduction in AP.  It is visible both in pvp and pve.  I'm 52, so i'm not dealing with mobs or players higher level than myself generally

ranger has 100% accuracy skills

Posted

Accuracy was changed in some patches on KR servers, it had now the armor pen effect indeed.

Posted (edited)

Accuracy idk if it has impact on penetratio. 

But accuracy is just a factor that decides if you are able to hit the mib accuratly.

So for example: you have 5 accuracy

and a skill does 350%x4 crit 100%

when you use the skill you can see on the mob 2 critical texts meaning only 2 of the criticals have been delivered instead of 4. When accuracy is 15 it will be maybe 3 or 4.

accuracy is not really helpful in pve only when fighting purple mobs. Accuracy plays a very important role in PvP, as accuracy is needed to hit someone who has higher DP than your AP.

Edited by Reasinglow

Posted

Accuracy idk if it has impact on penetratio. 

But accuracy is just a factor that decides if you are able to hit the mib accuratly.

So for example: you have 5 accuracy

and a skill does 350%x4 crit 100%

when you use the skill you can see on the mob 2 critical texts meaning only 2 of the criticals have been delivered instead of 4. When accuracy is 15 it will be maybe 3 or 4.

accuracy is not really helpful in pve only when fighting purple mobs. Accuracy plays a very important role in PvP, as accuracy is needed to hit someone who has higher DP than your AP.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has higher DP than everyone else's AP unless there is a massive overall gear discrepancy.  I agree with your argument that people should stack accuracy for pvp, but I've never heard anyone give that reason before

Posted

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has higher DP than everyone else's AP unless there is a massive overall gear discrepancy.  I agree with your argument that people should stack accuracy for pvp, but I've never heard anyone give that reason before

As you may know: a lvl 51 cannot damage 54 very hard, Reason: the level diffrence creates a accuracy lack, wich is needed to hit the lvl 54.

So yes, accuracy does matter in pvp, but not when you guys are at the same lvl. then only DP will be the thing that decides the factor. (or 2-1 level higher/lower)

Posted

As you may know: a lvl 51 cannot damage 54 very hard, Reason: the level diffrence creates a accuracy lack, wich is needed to hit the lvl 54.

So yes, accuracy does matter in pvp, but not when you guys are at the same lvl. then only DP will be the thing that decides the factor. (or 2-1 level higher/lower)

"Accuracy plays a very important role in PvP, as accuracy is needed to hit someone who has higher DP than your AP."

That is what i was responding to.  It indicates that if I have higher dp than your ap, you need more accuracy for your attack to land than would be needed if my DP was the same as your AP.