• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - March 16

594 posts in this topic

Posted

hmmm nothing on the VERY controversial ghilli suit despite of the shitload of posts about it in like every forum about the game.

15 e per request... better that 30 but still pretty high

1 person likes this

Posted

Buff Wizards more... Daum has absolutely no clue how to balance this game. The breaking Gamebalance will make all the good competitive players quit the game soon...

Posted

Event & System

• 3 new channels (Valencia 1,2,3) have been added to all servers for now, to handle the increased population and secure a stable gameplay experience
  • A Roleplay chat channel has been added.

• This channel is off by default but can be enabled in settings.

• Talking in RP Chat will cost 1 Energy

• Ratio for horse breeding has been increased to produce more high tier horses.

Class

• Witch/Wizard

• Can no longer accidentally resurrect opponents.

• Damage to frozen opponents has been increased up to 20%.

Holiday Event

• Start: March 16th 09:00 UTC (After maintenance)
  • End: March 21st 09:00 UTC (With maintenance)

• Event Title: Saint Patrick's Day
    • Green Dye Bundle price reduced from 120 pearls to 80 pearls.
    • Add a one-time purchase Green Dye for 1 Loyalty.

Items

• The following items have had their tool-tip corrected.

• Agerian Helmet

• Agerian Helmet of Iron Wall

• Agerian Helmet of Agility

• Agerian Helmet of Intimidation

• Agerian Helmet of Destruction

• Agerian Helmet of Sacrifice

• Ultimate Agerian Helmet

Monsters

• Added new Field Boss “Dastard Bheg”

• The following Field Boss mechanics have changed.

• Each Field Boss now has a fixed spawn location.

• All Field Bosses will not return to full heath if they leave combat.

• Field Bosses will now attack players who get too close to them with a ranged attack and are invincible when not in combat.

• Green Orc Skeleton Warrior has had an HP increase.

• Green Orc Elite Soldier population around Hexe Marie has been increased.

• Monster arrangement at Calpheon Shrine has been modified and population has been increased.

• Monster arrangement at Abandoned Monastery has been modified and population has been increased.

UI

• Changed the horse “Parking” notice to only appear above your horse.

Issues/Bugs

• Fixed the issue where characters would clip underground when sitting or crawling.

• Fixed the issue where characters would be under water when they logged in after logging out on a boat.

Updated

Changed the wording for clarity.

Requesting a Chat Ban has changed as follows;

• Cost is now 15 Energy to request a Chat Ban.
  • Chat Ban duration has been increased.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
Looks like me and my cute little Witch get to unleash a frozen hell upon everything today~!

Items

• Cash Shop

• Added the “Splat Fisher’s Clothes” costume.

• Added the Shepherd dog pet.

• Added the Megaphone

• Added Family Name Change Ticket

• Limit 2 Per Account

• 1,000 Pearls Each

A new dog and some clothes. <3
Still looking forward to the bulk of the Pearl Shop costumes though~

Posted

Hey Daum,

First off thanks for working so hard on the game :) I've been one of the lucky ones and rarely has had any problems. I've been disconnected a few times...which resulted in my death and crystals breaking but, i roll with haha.

I am a role player in the game. The features for RP are ok. Not the best, but far from the worst. In the long run I'd love to see some more emotes. But this RP chat channel you've added is beyond ridiculous. Having a separate RP channel is decent enough idea...but at an energy cost? C'mon...whats the point? I mean what is the ACTUAL point of that? Is it to keep people from spamming the RP channel? Well i have 80 some energy so if I want to spam for awhile I could. But in actuality, if there are no RP events going on with my guild I usually look for random RP in Heidel once i've finished all my processing...which means i have 0 energy! Having 0 energy leaves time to do other things...like Role Play! Don't be surprised if no one uses your RP channel.

Speaking of chat. I'd like the option to change the text color to what ever i want for what ever i want. purple for whispers can be damn hard to read sometimes. If this option already exists and i haven't found it yet, forgive me.

Final point. These patch notes don't really give me the feeling like bigger problems are being worked on. Like disconnections. Or my transportation carts disappearing with all my goods in them. Adding pets, and costumes, and chat channels is all things that should be addressed once the game is completely stable. We, as a player base, would rather have everyone enjoying the game than throw more money towards you for pets and costumes.

Ps. Who's idea was it to have such an energy cost for chat banning? I spent 60 energy chat banning two gold spammers the other day. Bull -----ing Shit. it's sad this energy penalty wasn't completely removed. Stop Punishing us for trying to help you guys!

Pps. love the game, keep up the hard work, stop making silly decisions regarding our energy consumption, fix the game problems before adding more cash shop stuff to scrub more money out of the players who are enjoying the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

The fish costume? Really? Seriously?

These guys obviously have no sense of fashion whatsoever and are the kind of players that don't care how their characters look.

It's a slap to the face to any shallow people like me that actually care and got the game with the false pretense that the look of our character was an important aspect of it.

That character creation lured me in.. Its like if you ordered the "best burger ever" and then found out it didn't have a bun.

The fish costume has been in the Korean client for a while now.  It's nice that Daum are finally bringing over more pearlshop items into localized versions of the client.

Posted

First of all, thanks for the update. You guys are doing much needed work with BDO.

I'm sure there are lots of important problems to address with BDO. Two minor issues I'd like to draw attention to...

• Adding stack-splitting feature where applicable (ie, processing).
  • Integrated smart spam filtering system for chat.

We could use stack-splitting to avoid losing excess resources during processing. Players have been using mount inventory and warehouse space to split-stacks. Obviously, this isn't ideal. If the BDO Team could add stack-splitting feature where applicable it would save us the trouble. I think a lot of players can appreciate this.

As for spam, let's be honest... Chat Ban is really an ineffectual placebo that unfairly places the onus on players to monitor chat. Expecting players to use 15 energy in the process is a bit unrealistic and doesn't really prevent trolling. Due to the frequency of spam, the number of individual spammers and how often they swap accounts, anyone diligently applying a chat ban will run out of energy pretty fast. So most players will ignore the option altogether, reflecting it's futility. Players prefer to use energy more beneficially. Even under ideal conditions, chat ban just isn't a good solution. The chat system itself needs to be smarter.

I realize the NA version just came out. So what long-term solutions are in the works?

Why not parse chat messages for reoccurring terms, strings and URI syntax (ie, "www.1234.com www.1234.com www.1234.com"). And disallow non-standard characters to make parsing easier. Blocks over time can be an indicator, where any player being added to a substantial number of block lists in a relatively short period of time should be flagged. Whatever the solution, it should be system integrated and not overly reliant on players.

Those are the only issues I'll talk about for now. Thanks again for the update and best of luck on all your future plans for BDO. Cheers

1 person likes this

Posted

So far a pretty light patch day. Nothing that really stirs my interest on a personal level but I'm sure it eases some problems that other people have had. I'm glad to have some information coming in every week on updates. Between maintenance times it feels like a millenia while reading upset posts all the time over the same stuff. Yada yada yada, life goes on. Most of us get over it. Thanks again for the update. A lot more information this time on changes, much appreciated!

Posted

omg yes! thanks for the increase in energy cost to say things in world chat, hopefully this will stop those pesky gold sellers and powerleveler chat spams 

what...? What are you talking about the energy cost was 1 and is still 1 nothing on that was channeling.

Posted

Game is Ok but not sure they know what the hell they are doing when it comes to balancing classes. Buff witch/wizard abilities? that was the weakest class and needed help?.....interesting, I have a feeling this game will lose my interest fairly quickly.

Posted

sweeeeet

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow you guys are the best! Two weeks in a row you've had updates people on the forums have been asking about/suggesting!!

Thank you <3 best dev team ever!

Posted

Btw. Life Skill Quests for Level 30 are still missing.

Posted

thanks you daum for all the hard work 

Posted

A good system for chat blocking would be that if you were to spam the same thing 3-5 times people would be able to block you for free.

Posted

wizards die in like 3-4 skill hit, and i'm a warrior

You haven't fought good wizards then mate good wizards can escape so freaking fast and get you into a stunlock.
But yeah it was quite fine as it was but with this 20% ice boost that stunlock does even more damage why not focus buffing tamer instead of wizard

Posted

Good. I hate orcs -.-

Posted

Damage to frozen opponents has been increased up to 20%.

Nice now they no longer need 3 skills to instant kill me, 2 will be enough !

This. Why on EARTH did they think they needed any help? What feedback are they hearing? Genuinely blows my mind.

Posted

But why would I want to spend 15 energy to ban gold sellers when I can disable channel chat and use that energy for something else?

Also when will we not have to buy the game again for one outfit?

never. if you want it then support the game. don't cry because you cant have everything you want. noob.

Posted

Keep it up guys, I didn't know how long I'd been waiting for this MMORPG..... :) 

bye bye wow sub!

Posted

i don't not mean to be rude :( but i will be honest.
Cash shop update was a disappointment. we had more options in the beta then currently. ever plan to do a update that brings in a bundle of sets,costumes,pets, etc?
hopefully this "add 1 costume, 1 new pet and a few miscellaneous items" is NOT the final approach you guys are taking on these updates. since we also do not know if these updates are going to be a monthly thing.

on a ending note. i do think the extra channels were a great touch. helps spread out the "overrun" situations we've all face thous far.
but seriously thou..cash shop updates should ether bring down the prices OR the updates should offer more content with each update. none of this over priced single outfit a month gig. not cool.

Posted

Sounds great so far! I love the idea of showing "PARKING" over only your own horse. 

Any chance of maybe implementing an option that limits how many player horses (not including your own) can be shown at a certain time? I can be a little frustrating at times when stable masters are buried under horses/wagons.

Posted

I see that number of chanells has increased too. GJ ! Ofcourse some of changes kills  "competition" of grinding (drop) spots, but what the hell. Awesome changes. Keep it up ! THX ! :)

Posted

Witch/Wizard

• Damage to frozen opponents has been increased up to 20%.

WTF? As if this fkin noob class does not enough damage already?

Maybe an explanation for this is in order because, yeah, the witch has a reputation as being OP already whereas certain  other classes definitely dont

Posted

Clearly a Dev or CM is playing a Wiz/Witch main, cos that's bullshit.

Of all the classes that could do with a buff, the wizard isn't it. Now I have even more of a reason to avoid them.

Posted (edited)

Let's see.... Buffing already very strong [pve/group pvp] Witch/Wizard , adding ugly - immersion breaking costume..I mean wtf..I personally don't mind flashy effects of Bdo skills but this red thing gave me an epilepsy attack, every time I saw it passing in Kr. Also 1 loyalty point - green 1 use dye...holy crap Daum,you guys are so generous...now I will sit at x99 lp eternally, when everything what you can buy has a damn 0 at the end , so nice of you...atleast we don't need to worry about such cheap/shit practices when buying costumes on cash shop...oh wait actually ..you still  have to buy 3 pearl packs for costume with waepons or without..it says alot about future.

Edited by iharyd