• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How to Make Steel?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

This has been bugging me for the last 2 days. Would anyone please explain to me what I need to do?  Let me try to explain my current situation. I want to make the Combat Hide Saddle, and stuck on trying to make one of the ingredient Steel. When I highlight Steel, it says to obtain it, heating Melted Iron Shards and Coal together. When I try to do that, it just keep saying nothing will be make this way. So I realized it also said I will need to find Flaviano in Heidel and complete the Pure Water for an experiment Quest. I can not find Flaviano anywhere and can not find any information online regarding Falviano or the quest Pure Water for an Experiment. Would anyone mind explain how I can get knowledge on Heating: Beginner. Really appreciated!!

Posted

bring it up :) same here!! ;(

Posted

Not entirely sure but pretty sure you're going to need either processing or gathering at apprentice 4(not sure which I have to check) before getting the quest. I believe making steel is also possible through a workshop but I'll have to check when I get home. Try looking for mineral workshops or something like that. Will edit when I can check. 

Posted

If you don't have the skill high enough to make it, you can buy one of the houses in Velia that has the Ore Workshop option. From there, you can assign workers to make Steel ingots... as long as you have the right materials in your warehouse.

Posted

the Npc is in heidel and you need to be Gathering Apprentice lvl 4

First you take the Quest from Ficy

56758e9a39370_2015-12-19_250697201521_-1

then you become the Quest from Plabiano

56758f1206221_2015-12-19_250818784455_-1

He teach you the Knowledge Heating: Beginner

56758f75ddc79_2015-12-19_250876179455_-1

14 people like this

Posted

Hi all, thank you so much for your reply. After awhile i realized what the issue was. First Flviano is a typo, the npc's name is Plabiano. Then I made a mistake thinking beginner is the same as apprentice. So I had to lvled my process way more to eventually be able to process Steel. 

Posted

Is it App 5 gathering or processing....doesnt make sense it would be gathering...does it have to be on the character you are processing with in that case?

Posted

Yeah Idk I just completed the first quest and can't find the second one.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I got the same problem i done the first quest and afterwards, i couldn't find a quest that unlock the heating ...

I already found out my own problem was due too i put in the wrong materials to make ingot ... haha so silly off me...

Edited by Lumy

Posted (edited)

First Flviano is a typo, the npc's name is Plabiano.

Biggest problem with people actually figuring anything out is the awful localization.  So many incorrect names for everything, be it NPCs or items.  There's even completely wrong quests (the copper ingots one from Veila for example).  It's.. so bad.

I had to google how to make ingots.  I shouldn't have to do that.

Daum needs to make localization #1 priority.  And they need to make it proper.  I mean it's the entire point of the company publishing the game to a different region.  The fact that they blundered that is just... I can't describe the feeling.

Edited by DAOWAce

Posted

There's a faster way to get the quest, if you don't want to work for apprentice lvl 4:

-Level your gathering to beginner lvl 7.  You need this to talk to the dwarf at Norther Guard Camp (north of Heidel).  Make sure your life skill quest is "on" and talk to him to get the quest to get a small fence.  After that, you wan to take the quest to "settling down in Heidel" or something like that.  

-Follow the quest chain and NPC will send you to Alejandro (you get a free bed at Heidel too ;)) farm for more quest.  Finish those.

-Alejandro will eventually give you the quest to talk to the NPC Ficy in Heidel for advanced processing or something like that.

-Go to Ficy with pumpkins to start the quest chain and you'll do 3 different quests to gain the knowledge for advance processing.

I'm just talking on top of my head, so it may not be super accurate... but you'll know what I'm talking about once you get to Alejandro Farm.  Feel free to ask me more if you are confused.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

You guys sure it's App lvl 4? I've gotten gathering app. lvl 4 but still no quest.. =/

Edit: Maybe server problems, it's got the problem with mob spawning right now.

Edited by Auclair
gwrs

Posted

You guys sure it's App lvl 4? I've gotten gathering app. lvl 4 but still no quest.. =/

Edit: Maybe server problems, it's got the problem with mob spawning right now.

Ive been having the same problem. Got my gathering to apprentice level 4 and nothing.

Posted

Do what SizzFlair said above. Worked like a charm. Thank you sir.

I also had Gathering Apprentice 4 - No quest.

Did the above and good to go now.

Posted

Alright, I'll give it a try.

Posted

Hmm couldn't find this dwarf guy do you mean the dwarf at the quarry? I did all his quests and it tells me I need processing 15 to get the advancement quest from black spirit.

Posted

OHHH, I see. Tsubaki, do you have the "life" quests enabled? I looked back on his post because I couldn't see it either. The top of your quest list will have icons, hover your mouse over them and they should be like "Quest: Combat, Quest: Life" etc. Enable "Quest: Life" or simply "Quest: All".

3 people like this

Posted

OHHH, I see. Tsubaki, do you have the "life" quests enabled? I looked back on his post because I couldn't see it either. The top of your quest list will have icons, hover your mouse over them and they should be like "Quest: Combat, Quest: Life" etc. Enable "Quest: Life" or simply "Quest: All".

Oh. my. god. Finally i see all these crafting and trading quests everyone is raving about. I clicked to allow to view all quests and the city literally lit up with quests. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So I did all these quests from Ficy, the Dwarf at the Guardpost, sent me to Aljenadaro and did all of those quests which ended with iron shards, and now I'm back to square one where I don't have any quests leading to anyone that will give me heating: beginner. 

Edit: A guildmate just told me that if you talk to black spirit you can hit guide and he'll tell you where to go to finish the quest line to get the advancement.

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

Thanks @Staffkey , i was wondering where and that answered it :)

So I did all these quests from Ficy, the Dwarf at the Guardpost, sent me to Aljenadaro and did all of those quests which ended with iron shards, and now I'm back to square one where I don't have any quests leading to anyone that will give me heating: beginner. 

Maybe you are missing some previous quests? I did all the quests at Velia at lvl 16-23 and gained the knowledge fast after doing these quests.

Posted (edited)

i think you need to be apprentice lvl 4 or 5 processing. to get this i had that but lower gathering at that time

Edited by Elbrollo

Posted (edited)

All of you failed to read the last part where it tells you to refer to the black spirit guide. Summon your black spirit, click Guide, there you will find the starting quest chains for each profession and after clicking it he will auto path you to the NPC. If your proficiency is already high, you will also see quest that says "Level # Advancement" something like that and he will auto path you to the correct NPC for the quest/quest chain. 

Eventually you will also see "Beginner: Heating, Beginner: Thinning" and etc. show up in the black spirit guide that will auto path you to the correct NPC when you're eligible, that is if you haven't already gotten the quest chain from the NPC. 

Edited by Yamko

Posted

All of you failed to read the last part where it tells you to refer to the black spirit guide. Summon your black spirit, click Guide, there you will find the starting quest chains for each profession and after clicking it he will auto path you to the NPC. If your proficiency is already high, you will also see quest that says "Level # Advancement" something like that and he will auto path you to the correct NPC for the quest/quest chain. 

Eventually you will also see "Beginner: Heating, Beginner: Thinning" and etc. show up in the black spirit guide that will auto path you to the correct NPC when you're eligible, that is if you haven't already gotten the quest chain from the NPC. 

Yeah I got Thinning and Shaking Beginner but still no Heating. This is super frustrating they would make something so vital so easy to screw up.

Posted

or you can just have your workers make it with a mineral workshop. takes longer but dont need to jump through hoops

Posted

To make steel, iron ore is first mined from the ground. It is then smelted in blast furnaces where the impurities are removed and carbon is added. In fact, a very simple definition of steel is "iron alloyed with carbon, usually less than 1%."

1 person likes this