• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

The first post already has over 80 something likes, it's not that I disagree with you, it's more of I don't know if I could place a poll on it now. 

I wouldn't bother adding a poll honestly. Most people that have entered and +1/signed, aren't going to re-enter it. It won't accurately portray the want for it at this point sadly.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you call this "Petition" make a poll into it with "we want him" and "wait until release" ... he won't come before release anyway (they would Need to Change the launcher completely.. causing to redl the whole launcher for cbt2 + he is announced as 1st class after release... ~1month after release)

Why the hell would you need to change the launcher? Sure, you'd need to update it etc but I don't see launcher being the problem.

And folks who aren't interested in Blader just won't bother replying or clicking on the thread. Unless they're just out to ruin it for others who do want it.

Posted

I wouldn't bother adding a poll honestly. Most people that have entered and +1/signed, aren't going to re-enter it. It won't accurately portray the want for it at this point sadly.

Why the hell would you need to change the launcher? Sure, you'd need to update it etc but I don't see launcher being the problem.

And folks who aren't interested in Blader just won't bother replying or clicking on the thread. Unless they're just out to ruin it for others who do want it.

Thank you guys :) 

Posted

so a question when and if blader gets added in for launch will plum be added as well? or can someone tell me how long it took for plum to come out after blader im kinda confused as to whether they launched these two at the same time or were they spaced apart? and if they were spaced apart why? would like to know as i do want to play plum quite a bit. i do still support blader for sure but was also hopeing they would do plum as well..

Posted

so a question when and if blader gets added in for launch will plum be added as well? or can someone tell me how long it took for plum to come out after blader im kinda confused as to whether they launched these two at the same time or were they spaced apart? and if they were spaced apart why? would like to know as i do want to play plum quite a bit. i do still support blader for sure but was also hopeing they would do plum as well..

female blader came later compared to male blader in KR server -but- this was because back then Pearl abyss was adamant about not making gender counterpart to the classes. (sorc, tamer, ranger, etc) Then apparently they gave in and ended up adding female blader and also making witch/kunoichi for the wizard/ninjas as well down the line. (wizard/witch, kuno/ninja got updated together) Blader was the breaking point for pearl abyss to give into player demands.

Though I wonder why they gave in and made more FEMALE counterparts to the male classes while not adding male ones to the female classes. This is really bag of garbage imo but w/e. Back to topic..

YES BLADER.

Posted (edited)

Sorry @Kalikanna but I'd rather wait till after release. It's a bad idea to rush a company to push content out. While Blader may be out in other regions, the class and its skills likely aren't localized or balanced yet for western use. Unless you want a poorly translated class at launch, I suggest waiting. One of the things you posted was "It'd make you more money". Everyone hounds EA for pushing content out for more money, but then goes and tells companies that they should push more content to make more money. The irony.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Blader launch as well, but I'd rather have a smooth launch instead of a rushed launch just because someone wasn't patient enough for it. I don't doubt that the other classes will come shortly after launch, but Daum probably is more focused on adjusting things for western consumption rather than rushing all their content out right out the gate.

EDIT:

I'd also like to add to your "If you add Blader during CBT2 / Launch, you'll be able to keep more of your player base that you've already gathered". This is incorrect. The reputation Daum, Pearl Abyss, and the game itself has gathered is the reason why many will stay and is the reason why Daum has already made near $10m in pre-order sales. Not because some class is or isn't in the game. Most of the "reasons" posted in your petition are pointless, baseless and sounds like false reasoning to rush Blader. 

Edited by Cobalt

Posted (edited)

Sorry @Kalikanna but I'd rather wait till after release. It's a bad idea to rush a company to push content out. While Blader may be out in other regions, the class and its skills likely aren't localized or balanced yet for western use. Unless you want a poorly translated class at launch, I suggest waiting. One of the things you posted was "It'd make you more money". Everyone hounds EA for pushing content out for more money, but then goes and tells companies that they should push more content to make more money. The irony.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Blader launch as well, but I'd rather have a smooth launch instead of a rushed launch just because someone wasn't patient enough for it. I don't doubt that the other classes will come shortly after launch, but Daum probably is more focused on adjusting things for western consumption rather than rushing all their content out right out the gate.

EDIT:

I'd also like to add to your "If you add Blader during CBT2 / Launch, you'll be able to keep more of your player base that you've already gathered". This is incorrect. The reputation Daum, Pearl Abyss, and the game itself has gathered is the reason why many will stay and is the reason why Daum has already made near $10m in pre-order sales. Not because some class is or isn't in the game. Most of the "reasons" posted in your petition are pointless, baseless and sounds like false reasoning to rush Blader. 

Coding is already done, all the gear and animation work is finished. Everything with the class is...done. Outside of tooltip translations which isn't going to tack on a rushjob. They're keeping classes for content updates to keep people coming back and wanting more, which isn't right.

It's not a matter of, "we need to develop a brand new class"! They...really don't. The only vast changes they're making is adding more 'western' faces but...that doesn't effect the game at -all-. They can easily just add the westernized faces after launch to the class. If they plan on removing the asian ones and adding in western faces...Then that's just -stupidity- anyways and those who want the Blader class released need to continue to voice their concerns.

I personally am playing this game -for- Blader, it drew me here. I pre-ordered the Conq package -for- it even. And I have a group of friends that won't touch the game until men are given more options. You say it's stupid and baseless but it's absolutely -not-. As I'm living proof your statement is wrong. Men right now have the pick of Giant which some guys will like this, many more want a more normalized character, look at games like WoW for immediate reference and proof. More Blood Elves then Orcs on Horde, more Humans then anything else on Alliance.

A Wizard, which is an -old- man, a problem evidenced to many just by the pure asking of, "Young Wizard please." Many people are bothered by the fact he's old, threads on here openly show it, there was tons of people complaining the first few days of the CBT about it and I can't blame them, is there anything that can be done about it? Nope, not for launch anyways.

And then...we're left with Warrior, the only average/younger looking male class. So anyone who wants to roll a normalized character....has to play Warrior if they're male/want an average male character. That is a massive flaw and a massive problem for an MMO at launch. Not agreeing and calling it baseless, that's on you. But I've already talked to many of my friends leading to them saying, "Why are there five girl options and like zero options for dudes? Da fuq?" Proving that statement otherwise, because if it's happening with my group of friends it's most certainly happening elsewhere aswell.

Edited by MikeHeel
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

100% support this

im baffled thet they decided to put out the wizard before the Blader or Plum, they have everything they need, they are currently developing more faces, hair styles and other things for the class, but these are things that can be added in later in patches.

Infact i dare say that adding this shit in patches or content updates might even be smarter as it would encurage people to buy Character customization tickets from the cash shop to get that one hair style they really want, i understand why some people might be annoyed by how many people are wanting the blader, but please understand that unless the playerbase is vocal about the things they want then nothing will ever get done.

I myself will play the game on release and during the betas blader or not because im leading a guild but its still gonna be really frustrating having to gear and level two characters, esp if they dont change the leveling curve ( but thats for another topic )

TL:DR
We want Blader as soon as possible.

They dont have to create an entirely new launcher to get it out early ( whoever said this is out of his/her mind )

Nothing will ever be achieved if we dont speak our mind in a mature manner ( which is what this entire thread is about )

Edited by Nove
1 person likes this

Posted

Coding is already done, all the gear and animation work is finished. Everything with the class is...done. Outside of tooltip translations which isn't going to tack on a rushjob. They're keeping classes for content updates to keep people coming back and wanting more, which isn't right.

It's not a matter of, "we need to develop a brand new class"! They...really don't. The only vast changes they're making is adding more 'western' faces but...that doesn't effect the game at -all-. They can easily just add the westernized faces after launch to the class. If they plan on removing the asian ones and adding in western faces...Then that's just -stupidity- anyways and those who want the Blader class released need to continue to voice their concerns.

I personally am playing this game -for- Blader, it drew me here. I pre-ordered the Conq package -for- it even. And I have a group of friends that won't touch the game until men are given more options. You say it's stupid and baseless but it's absolutely -not-. As I'm living proof your statement is wrong. Men right now have the pick of Giant which some guys will like this, many more want a more normalized character, look at games like WoW for immediate reference and proof. More Blood Elves then Orcs on Horde, more Humans then anything else on Alliance.

A Wizard, which is an -old- man, a problem evidenced to many just by the pure asking of, "Young Wizard please." Many people are bothered by the fact he's old, threads on here openly show it, there was tons of people complaining the first few days of the CBT about it and I can't blame them, is there anything that can be done about it? Nope, not for launch anyways.

And then...we're left with Warrior, the only average/younger looking male class. So anyone who wants to roll a normalized character....has to play Warrior if they're male/want an average male character. That is a massive flaw and a massive problem for an MMO at launch. Not agreeing and calling it baseless, that's on you. But I've already talked to many of my friends leading to them saying, "Why are there five girl options and like zero options for dudes? Da fuq?" Proving that statement otherwise, because if it's happening with my group of friends it's most certainly happening elsewhere aswell.

The options are currently brutally one-sided. Like why would they even add the tamer instead of the blader in the first place? And before that, why the fuck add a valkyrie when you already have the warrior? Don't get me wrong, I'll be doing everything I can to get a lead, and still haven't entirely decided against the conqueror's package, but there is no reason to not have blader at launch. Fuck, if people don't want their character to look asian they can just wait for the westernized facial features to be released and then use the appearance change scroll. One and done. 

Posted

I think everyone (even people such as myself who will never touch Blader) should support the request, honestly. There's no reason not to add more variety in general, especially when Blader is one of the most played classes in every region.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

98e.gif

Blader please and thank you.

Plum too.

Edited by D-Pad

Posted

Definitely support this. I held off buying a Conqueror pack because I didn't want a limited edition skin for a class I won't even be playing as my main. So there's one incentive right there, add Blader and literally double my (and I'm sure many other Blader mains') buy-in.

Posted (edited)

82a4e8.jpg

The Blader is one of the classes in the game available to players. These fierce warriors hone their skills towards a broad destructive force intent on creating maximum havoc on the battlefield, while maintaining the nimble and illusive style required of those who shed armor in favor of speed. Bladers are the male counterpart to Plum.

blader_01.jpg

While nearly identical to the Plum, Bladers have a few differences in their skill set and general combat mindset. They are very adept at being able to weave in and out of close range and mid range combat to utilize their hybrid mechanics. The key difference between the two involves Bladers being more AoE centric in their play style, as a few of their skills allow for a broader scope of damage. 

This gives them a little more utility in group fights in regards to PvP, and makes their life a bit easier in PvE grinding. They still run very light armor and rely heavily on mobility to sustain them in fights, making sieges and larger fights tricky for novice players. 

New players are advised to keep in mind there is a bit of a learning curve involved with any low armor class in Black Desert, as they are less forgiving of mistakes. Ultimately Bladers are a very dynamic and fun class to play, that allows for plenty of growth into Expert play, while still accessible to newer players.

blader_02.jpg

blader_03.jpg

blader_05.jpg

Edited by Darcani
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

sometimes I wonder if so many people would still call blader a dynamic and a fierce warrior, if they westernized the shit out of his katana.

Edited by Yablo

Posted

One of my most anticipated classes for sure. Warrior is nice, but I think I'd love the Blader more.

Posted

I'm new to blader, haven't tried it before. I will look up some vids of pve/pvp in a sec. Time is hard to get today :P 

- Jeasy

Posted

I think you misspelled I in your title...

Posted

I think you misspelled I in your title...

Nope, it's definitely "we".

If he'd wrote "everyone" then he'd have misspelled. He didn't.

Posted (edited)

Nope, it's definitely "we".

If he'd wrote "everyone" then he'd have misspelled. He didn't.

Well in that case I'd like to know whom "We" are.

Edited by Kastion Lan'dourike

Posted (edited)

This is a great, well-made post about what the blader class is and why it'd be fun to play.

But this should join the endless "blader please" topics in the classes forum - where there are so many blader posts it deserves it's own sub-forum. I also don't see the harm in allowing new players to first play the more forgiving classes Daum and PA have selected for release, to learn about the mechanics and the world, and then go ham when the blader releases and provide an experienced and "funded" growth. Personally, I believe all classes are "very dynamic and fun classes to play, that allow for plenty of growth into expert play, while still being accessible to newer players."

That said, I'm pretty sure Daum and PA know NA/EU wants Bladers.

Edited by Cheshire

Posted

These post are getting old.....

Posted

Well in that case I'd like to know whom "We" are.

Me and the OP? Two is plenty enough for "We".

Posted

Patience guys.

Posted

@Thomas Gore I expected more... Oh well.

Well I would be really, really surprised if it was just me and the OP, but for the purposes of filling the definition of "we", two people really is enough :)