• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

I stand by the simple idea of "If it is ready, release it"

The excuse of it being too asian is a shallow reason and isn't even true. Westerners aren't averse to Asian aesthetic. They often end up being some of the most popular classes in games.

maybe with that, they mean they are creating new face types and models for western release of the blader, so i think it is better for all of us to just wait till it is ready.

Posted

maybe with that, they mean they are creating new face types and models for western release of the blader, so i think it is better for all of us to just wait till it is ready.

As I've said before. They do not need to hold back classes to do that. They didn't with the Tamer, that is for sure. All they would have to do is give a 1 time use beauty shop ticket when they add in the new faces.

Posted

As I've said before. They do not need to hold back classes to do that. They didn't with the Tamer, that is for sure. All they would have to do is give a 1 time use beauty shop ticket when they add in the new faces.

I agree. I think the majority of this thread don't care if they add new faces or not.

Posted

1KfurPt.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Just want to say that witch/wizzard/valk were released after blader and yet they managed to give us those classes first and not blader.
Tamer wasn't planned to be released,people made a similar thread like this with far less pages and they still got their class.
On top of that there are 5 female and 3 male(non of those are agile as the blader) classes,i hate that males have giant/warr/wizzard and females have tamer/sorc/ranger which are more awesome and fun than those 3 male classes.

And i don't know why people are mad at us for making a simple petition for our loved class.Coming on this thread and spamming why/why not something is added or not,you're not a daum employee and you don't know anything,wasting your time hating a class that so many love is retarded?if you ask me.The class is in the game the only thing that needs to be done is to be translated  and release it lol.

moon.jpg

Posted

the problem introducing another class is most likely translation and testing. it takes quite a long time to convert a class (judging from every game that does it). and that is properly the main reason we ain't seeing all the classes as release.

i argued all this when i joined the thread, then got bs barraged for pointing out that it is extra work which takes time and therefore would need to either downprioritize something else, since different people work on different things, we can assume it would have meand downprioritizing another class. and as i also argued, i think the class choice given the limitation has been the right one from the devs. i even set up a nice listing explaining this, which was than ignored and shit on by the "mature" opposition. it is a few pages back if is, can also find and copy it if interested ^^

i think everyone is all for adding EVERYTHING from the start, but reality is; things take time and ressources and therefore they need to prioritize, when adding something, something is removed when staying on the same time schadule.

Problem is that good translations have already been done and the Tamer was put in before the other announced classes despite not being announced. They have shown exactly how fast they can get the classes into the game. Very little testing would actually be needed as none of the classes actually change in balance from KR. Your listing was simply your opinion that you were passing off as fact. That is why people responded the way they do.

Posted

please +1

Posted

253 people agree with me ;) the like system is broken, but sure.

won't answer your silly and ignorant third post, since mods are telling me to just report badly beheaved "people" instead of engaging on the level they can understand, soooo yer ^^

have a nice day :D

edit: btw if you want an answer i already answered all your mislead points several times, some on this page, some on pages back ^^ so you can "go fetch" ;)

that's interesting :)

please do tell me about the structure of the company's management, the ressource management, the framework of the code, the actual steps for the process of such a convertion within their system, etc. etc. (you see were i am going right? ;)

i don't know how "simple" or "hard" it is for them to do, how much testing is needed to do it, how the code is put together. is it even possible to do without a lot of recoding? i assume they would have used some composition setup of some kind; but who knows they might have structured it so some elements (such as specific classes) can't be added without adding certain content entities which requires other content to function within the datastructure. i do not know, do you?.

a lot of people here got no freaking clue about any of this stuff, they believe that it is basically working in a word document, and you can just add and remove whatever you like, and that you wouldn't need major approval or anything either, or reschadule, replan etc. nope, you just add and erase....

however just the pure coding side of this can have SOOO many things which can take something "simple" and make it impossible to do at this time.

when combining this with management, planning/scheduling, ressources etc. this can easily end up with something that none of us has a clue about.

i got a BA and a AP in computer science (within that is a lot of design education. and i am doing my masters and working as a coder while doing it), so when it comes to the specific of the CODE or the DESIGN of specific systems, i don't mind talking like i know stuff (because actually i know quite a lot of stuff within these area's), but when it comes to THEIR specific code, i am only guessing and i can only say "that there might be a setup which makes this not possible: it would be a silly way to code it, but there might also be a reason for this to be the best decision when it was done".

when it comes to the management, planning/scheduling and ressource side however, then there is no way i would be able to do any estimation on their side, and if they haven't done it. wouldn't you assume it is because it is not possible to do so without some issue's they want to avoid??

considering i am most likely FAR more into what is behind the scene than most people i find it funny how much BS people give me when discussing these subjects :P but it is a common trait with all humans we hated to allow others to see we ain't all knowing or we are wrong, so it is not choking, just kind of funny ^^

Tell me, if it so difficult, how did they get Tamer in so quickly? How is it ametuers have been able to put translations in so easily and quickly? From a pure coding side, there is little needed (are game is not being recoded). The only things really needed are translations, which have been done quite well already (just look at bdotome's class builder for example) and even included in the unofficial english patches. Add in that it has been stated that the official translation were started long before classes like Valkyrie, Wizard?Witch were even put in the game. Seriously, everything about this this points to them holding it back because they want to, not because they have to. I've even seen GMs using blader skills and animations.

Posted (edited)

considering i am most likely FAR more into what is behind the scene than most people i find it funny how much BS people give me when discussing these subjects :P but it is a common trait with all humans we hated to allow others to see we ain't all knowing or we are wrong, so it is not choking, just kind of funny ^^please do tell me about the structure of the company's management, the ressource management, the framework of the code, the actual steps for the process of such a convertion within their system, etc. etc. (you see were i am going right? ;)that's interesting :)

I see your "expertise" and raise you a Master's level degree, over 6 years of professional video game design experience, a shipped AAA MMORPG, and around a decade or so of total software/tech development industry professional experience (left games for regular software due to burnout).

Just because you know some coding does not mean you know what it takes to make a game nor how all the decisions such as what is or is not withheld from a launch are made. Sometimes it's tech constraints but I highly doubt that is the case here, sometimes it's business decisions such as cost vs. return, sometimes planning and time constraints, but surprisingly (or not really for those who have worked in the games industry) many times they are just arbitrary decisions that have been made simply because some manager or higher up decided that is what is happening, whether or not it is a good idea or will require tons of rework or result in lost work.

Only Daum truly knows why they made this decision but honestly, I highly doubt it is really anywhere near the effort you were saying it potentially could be and chances are it is really just translation and maybe some extra head presets that need to be done but they see even this little bit of extra work as lower priority in the final push towards launch and would rather stick to their planned schedule instead of adjusting.

So lets drop the measuring contests, the condescension and the attempts to constantly invalidate other people's opinions because in the end that is all this and pretty much all the threads on these forums are made up of, opinions.

"Blader should be put in for NA/EU launch" is an opinion.

"Blader doesn't need to be in for NA/EU launch" is an opinion.

Neither is "incorrect" or "wrong" and people are free to express which they support and are free to discuss why they feel that way but should strive to do so in a constructive and courteous manner.  Berating people and calling them idiots, insulting them and declaring that everything they say is BS is not doing that.  If you want people to see value in your opinion try winning them over instead of trying to burn them to the ground in a flame war.

P.S. I don't see the "Like" function as broken at all and see it as more of making people be more selective about their likes, forcing them to think more about whether something is worth a like.  That is just my opinion though and others are free to like or dislike it.

Edited by TouchAndFeel
4 people like this

Posted

253 people agree with me ;) the like system is broken, but sure.

won't answer your silly and ignorant third post, since mods are telling me to just report badly beheaved "people" instead of engaging on the level they can understand, soooo yer ^^

have a nice day :D

edit: btw if you want an answer i already answered all your mislead points several times, some on this page, some on pages back ^^ so you can "go fetch" ;)

First you are replying me as a tough guy that knows everything in this game on a BLADER THREAD,you're trying to say that i spread false propaganda?I am not even spreading propaganda you came and shit talked my comment for ABSOLUTE NO REASON,but report my reply for bad behavior i don't mind ;)I still don't know where did you pull out those "I HATE DAUM AND THEY ARE MORONS" ","that it is unfair players got to wait",that i am lying wizz/walk/witch were released AFTER blader,tamer will be RELEASED because of the petition,and that there are 5female and 3male classes still don't know where i lied lol.If you are mad at someone go express that anger on someone else not on me.And  again i will say this,you lack of knowledge and need serious help.

Take care.

Posted (edited)

So whats the verdict? Do they plan on working on blader and ninja? Releasing it at a later date? if so whats the ETA? or is there a clear no and people are upset?

Just looking for information 

Edited by FeaR Turbo

Posted

Signed ! 

Posted

forgot to say +1 ~

Posted

We are already getting more than any other release. Why can't you just be happy with what we have ?

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm afraid that it's too late

Posted

We are already getting more than any other release. Why can't you just be happy with what we have ?

Because we want Blader?  It's really not weird or uncalled for, so I don't know why you care so much.  I do agree with Kingsman though, it's probably too late for them to change their minds about releasing another class.  

Posted

Because we're the last to receive it. We HAVE to pay, and males are currently NOT given a very good lineup at -all-. Men aren't satisfied for a reason.

2 people like this

Posted

Because we want Blader?  It's really not weird or uncalled for, so I don't know why you care so much.  I do agree with Kingsman though, it's probably too late for them to change their minds about releasing another class.  

561287.PNG

Because we're the last to receive it. We HAVE to pay, and males are currently NOT given a very good lineup at -all-. Men aren't satisfied for a reason.

But we will eventually get them all anyway, won't we ? 

Posted

561287.PNG

But we will eventually get them all anyway, won't we ? 

Yup! Which if you bothered to read the thread...you'd see a good portion of us aren't asking for it at release anymore, but an E.T.A, because as people like me are waiting to play the game until the class they'll enjoy is in. Given leveling is -everything-.

Posted

I really doubt they're not realising it upon launch "because they don't want too"

If it was ready, it would be released. 

Posted

Yup! Which if you bothered to read the thread...you'd see a good portion of us aren't asking for it at release anymore, but an E.T.A, because as people like me are waiting to play the game until the class they'll enjoy is in. Given leveling is -everything-.

I suppose you have a point there.

Posted

it might be to late but never hurt to try :D

Posted

Yep!

We need Blader right now!

+1

Posted

I really doubt they're not realising it upon launch "because they don't want too"

If it was ready, it would be released. 

If they really wanted to get it done, they could.  It is really not as hard as you think it is to translate a class in this game.  It's not that it's "not ready", but that they are more focused on other things which are more important, which I can understand.  They probably also have some kind of release schedule, which they don't want to change much.

Posted

u forgot to add that we are also the only ones that have to pay to play the game which I don't mind but still ...