• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

If they want to make an "asian flair"  they can develope an entire continent, the world they developed is HUGE!   bring all the classes in at launch, make your money let people play the characters they want.

That would be amazing, but I think asking for blader is the most we can do for now. When it comes to something of that scaling, they would need to take into consideration some other things, but honestly still a really cool concept. 

I agree 100%

To me it is a matter of game play styles, there is no agile offensive characters for the males to play. I have no interest in an elderly wizard. The Bererker is a base class that requires mere button smashing and sword and board is simply boring. The Sorcerer meanwhile is an agile offensive close to mid range character with great skill rotation.

I jumped on board for BDO because of the Blader class, and I am disappointed to learn it is not going to be available at launch of the title for unfathomable reasons.

I can think of a few that would say the exact same thing. One of the people I party with wanted BDO due to blader, it's his class, not having it out is making him have to play warrior, which isn't awful, but in comparison to the blader class seems clunky. 

Please can you make this happen I was just about to make a thread about this. I feel like this game is lacking in male characters and the blader would be the perfect thing to even this out.

This would be one of the important points to this thread. Having the female to male ratio off by that much isn't a good thing. It's best to keep it balanced. 

-------------

As per normal, thank you everyone for your support! This thread was made for the people like all of you who want blader and need another male class. 

2 people like this

Posted

Well, the Blader is connected to the Plum as the Wizard is to the Witch.

So, yes, Blader. But, give the Plum too!

It just sucks not being able to play your main character's class at launch. Although, I am going to be able to play several others that I do wish to such as the Tamer, Valkyrie, and the Witch. I digress.

I feel the entire statement involving the 'asian flair' really needs to die. This is a Korean MMO coming to EU and the US. Assimilation should NOT even be a thing. Western players appreciate Eastern culture just as much as they appreciate ours. Launching BDO with barely any classes with 'asian flair' isn't really a smart move. People want to play this game because it's amazing, and there's absolutely nothing close to it. It's doing things that nobody ever thought was possible. Whether it be graphics, or game mechanics. Stripping content from the game and releasing it over time gets you excited, as well as pumped, right? Please, at least remember where this game is coming from. Remember its roots. It is, and will always be a Korean MMO that is on its way over.

2 people like this

Posted

Why is this getting so much focus? They didn't remove the class or something. In fact all the classes will eventually make it in. Let's focus on actual suggestions to adjust the game that's there, shall we?

Posted

Why is this getting so much focus? They didn't remove the class or something. In fact all the classes will eventually make it in. Let's focus on actual suggestions to adjust the game that's there, shall we?

It is getting so much focus because

1) It is probably the second most popular class according to polls, falling only behind the Tamer which was put in.

2) The excuse of too asian is a BS reason and with the Tamer added holds no ground.

3) Was released before The Valkyrie, Wizard/Witch which we are getting.

4) Provides another male choice in a lineup dominated by female classes

5) The fact they got the Tamer in so fast that it beat out 2 of the announced classes, shows how quickly they can actually get classes into the game.

3 people like this

Posted

Well, the Blader is connected to the Plum as the Wizard is to the Witch.

So, yes, Blader. But, give the Plum too!

It just sucks not being able to play your main character's class at launch. Although, I am going to be able to play several others that I do wish to such as the Tamer, Valkyrie, and the Witch. I digress.

I feel the entire statement involving the 'asian flair' really needs to die. This is a Korean MMO coming to EU and the US. Assimilation should NOT even be a thing. Western players appreciate Eastern culture just as much as they appreciate ours. Launching BDO with barely any classes with 'asian flair' isn't really a smart move. People want to play this game because it's amazing, and there's absolutely nothing close to it. It's doing things that nobody ever thought was possible. Whether it be graphics, or game mechanics. Stripping content from the game and releasing it over time gets you excited, as well as pumped, right? Please, at least remember where this game is coming from. Remember its roots. It is, and will always be a Korean MMO that is on its way over.

I will be adding a part of this to the front page. Thank you so much for your input! :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

It is getting so much focus because

1) It is probably the second most popular class according to polls, falling only behind the Tamer which was put in.

2) The excuse of too asian is a BS reason and with the Tamer added holds no ground.

3) Was released before The Valkyrie, Wizard/Witch which we are getting.

4) Provides another male choice in a lineup dominated by female classes

5) The fact they got the Tamer in so fast that it beat out 2 of the announced classes, shows how quickly they can actually get classes into the game.

"Was released before The Valkyrie, Wizard/Witch which we are getting."
^ I completely forgot that. Adding to the front page! :) Thank you

Posted (edited)

A big part of this game to begin with is one's character. If someone feels an attachment to them, they'll likely play that character more then one they don't feel anything towards or have a disconnect with. A dev's job is to attempt for everyone to have some sort've connection with their character, be it a love for their gamestyle, their look, their lore(in some games) or whatever it may be.

For a lot of people, Blader is the class that resonates with them, that drew them to this game to begin with, and for many people they don't have any desire or wish to play anything else. I'm not going to play the released game itself until Blader is in, because I want to experience the game fresh, on the character I'm going to consider my main. I've already bought the game, but many havn't and many unlike me, are waiting for Blader before they do.

That's just why this is personally a big deal for me and others, but I and the OP, among others have stated many various reasons of why this is a very important subject. Why it's unfair to wait to release it for various different reasons and hopefully the large number of supporters that the thread has achieved leads to Daum taking note and doing the right thing for all of us loyal customers.

Edited by MikeHeel
5 people like this

Posted

A big part of this game to begin with is one's character. If someone feels an attachment to them, they'll likely play that character more then one they don't feel anything towards or have a disconnect with. A dev's job is to attempt for everyone to have some sort've connection with their character, be it a love for their gamestyle, their look, their lore(in some games) or whatever it may be.

For a lot of people, Blader is the class that resonates with them, that drew them to this game to begin with, and for many people they don't have any desire or wish to play anything else. I'm not going to play the released game itself until Blader is in, because I want to experience the game fresh, on the character I'm going to consider my main. I've already bought the game, but many havn't and many like me, are waiting for Blader before they do.

That's just why this is personally a big deal for me and others, but I and the OP, among others have stated many various reasons of why this is a very important subject. Why it's unfair to wait to release it for various different reasons and hopefully the large number of support that the thread has achieved leads to Daum taking note and doing the right thing for all of us loyal customers.

Again you have a very big point, I did update the first post again with more comments. This class was one of the few reasons I did decide to play this game. Though I did fall in love with another class, the idea behind blader and it's mechanics are amazing. It's visuals are stunning, their character model is way better [in my opinion] than warrior. As I have stated prior I did this not because I want this class, but because I know that this is a class that many people want. This is the type of class that when released will have a HUGE impact on the amount of people who play, spend money and stay in this game. To not have something that big in the game at launch seems like a poor choice to me. The NA market loves Eastern culture, you can see this easily in other games, or heck, look at Anime, or even roleplay. Roleplaying whether in game or on forums is a huge deal these days and many people base it off Eastern culture/eastern style combat. To not put blader in would not only be weakening their constumer/player base,  and it would be hurting their sales. 

2 people like this

Posted

i just want a young wizard and a male sorcerer....  

Posted (edited)

Again you have a very big point, I did update the first post again with more comments. This class was one of the few reasons I did decide to play this game. Though I did fall in love with another class, the idea behind blader and it's mechanics are amazing. It's visuals are stunning, their character model is way better [in my opinion] than warrior. As I have stated prior I did this not because I want this class, but because I know that this is a class that many people want. This is the type of class that when released will have a HUGE impact on the amount of people who play, spend money and stay in this game. To not have something that big in the game at launch seems like a poor choice to me. The NA market loves Eastern culture, you can see this easily in other games, or heck, look at Anime, or even roleplay. Roleplaying whether in game or on forums is a huge deal these days and many people base it off Eastern culture/eastern style combat. To not put blader in would not only be weakening their constumer/player base,  and it would be hurting their sales. 

Yeah a lot of us are bringing up many valid points, there's people on here I've noticed have widely differing opinions on other aspects of the game but are coming together in this cause. Almost brings a tear to the eye. rofl

In all seriousness, lets hope the message keeps spreading and Daum decides to do something about it! Until then, lets keep up the hard work. /nod

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

Per request, forum name updated, and flashy red title tag added :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Kalikanna
ack double post

Posted

The chat system seems bugged tonight, I've almost double posted a few times now myself. x.X Hopefully that's fixed soon.

Posted

gotta agree on the rp point of view

Posted

gotta agree on the rp point of view

Well, at the end of the day, Roleplayers aren't a vast majority they'll always be a minority. But luckily the way MMORPG's work, people grow attached to their characters the sameway, regardless if it's RP, PVP, PVE, or whatever it may be. I do honestly believe it's beneficial for everyone to give them more options at the start of the game, then limit them and have them feeling forced into classes.

Posted

this will push release date back if they do it. I vote NO

Posted

this will push release date back if they do it. I vote NO

Nah, they said the samething about Tamer. The classes are finished and not all that hard to get put in. Will it be extra work? Of course, but it's nothing that'll cause game delays. Just transferring coding and what not.

Posted

If they want to make an "asian flair"  they can develope an entire continent, the world they developed is HUGE!

Lore-wise, they've already started.

Tamer, Blader, F.Blader, Ninja, and Kunoichi are all noted by the NPC Buntt to be from a region known as the "Far East" (hilariously though ridiculously enough, he says he can tell Tamer is from the Far East because of how she looks and 'That's why she looks so familiar.'.), presumably further east than Valencia, or maybe even beyond and across the ocean.  Tamer's summoned creature is Heilang the Divine Beast, Heilang meaning "Black Wolf" in Chinese.  Blader is noted to be "one of those warriors who use sword and bow from the East".  Based on the language inspirations, and this is just speculation, there seem to be cultural divisions much like there are in the "West", where we have Calpheon (Very Italian), Mediah (Spanish, if I'm remembering correctly?), Valencia (Very Arabic & General MENA region inspired), and so-on.  I would not be surprised if there's, at the very least, a Chinese-inspired region, a Japanese-inspired region, and a Korean-inspired region.

Point being, they've already begun developing their culture/history if you look for it.  We just haven't seen it yet, though I really hope we do because I would absolutely love to experience an Asian-inspired region in a fantasy universe that includes such diverse inspirations!  So I definitely agree, they could (and should!) develop their homelands.

3 people like this

Posted

+1 blader should be in.

Posted (edited)

Lore-wise, they've already started.

Tamer, Blader, F.Blader, Ninja, and Kunoichi are all noted by the NPC Buntt to be from a region known as the "Far East" (hilariously though ridiculously enough, he says he can tell Tamer is from the Far East because of how she looks and 'That's why she looks so familiar.'.), presumably further east than Valencia, or maybe even beyond and across the ocean.  Tamer's summoned creature is Heilang the Divine Beast, Heilang meaning "Black Wolf" in Chinese.  Blader is noted to be "one of those warriors who use sword and bow from the East".  Based on the language inspirations, and this is just speculation, there seem to be cultural divisions much like there are in the "West", where we have Calpheon (Very Italian), Mediah (Spanish, if I'm remembering correctly?), Valencia (Very Arabic & General MENA region inspired), and so-on.  I would not be surprised if there's, at the very least, a Chinese-inspired region, a Japanese-inspired region, and a Korean-inspired region.

Point being, they've already begun developing their culture/history if you look for it.  We just haven't seen it yet, though I really hope we do because I would absolutely love to experience an Asian-inspired region in a fantasy universe that includes such diverse inspirations!  So I definitely agree, they could (and should!) develop their homelands.

My likes couldn't have come back at a better time to this post. LOL I saw your post with the screenshot referencing this earlier. I'm absolutely excited for what they could add in the future, as a roleplayer whom has the desire to roleplay a Blader more like a traditional Samurai, it's nice to know there's actually -something- that may support that, even if it's not fully stated into the game yet.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

Blader or Ninja - I like both classes.
But if the translation and stuff takes more time, so be it.
:ph34r:

Posted

I would prefer it, but I actually do want a European face for my character, so I can see why they're waiting.  I would rather have it at launch though w/o a European face, if I knew for certain it would be an option later?

Posted

I would prefer it, but I actually do want a European face for my character, so I can see why they're waiting.  I would rather have it at launch though w/o a European face, if I knew for certain it would be an option later?

I'm sure they will, given new faces typically means people may pay for a recustomization, which only equates to evne more money for dev's. But for me personally, Samurai are an Asian-esque thing to begin with, and given the game bases real life cultures into their lore, it makes sense for them to be Asian, or mostly Asian. I'm sure there will be a way to manipulate the eyes to give them a half-asain, half European look aswell, which is what I'll be going for with my own character. 

Posted

I'm sure they will, given new faces typically means people may pay for a recustomization, which only equates to evne more money for dev's. But for me personally, Samurai are an Asian-esque thing to begin with, and given the game bases real life cultures into their lore, it makes sense for them to be Asian, or mostly Asian. I'm sure there will be a way to manipulate the eyes to give them a half-asain, half European look aswell, which is what I'll be going for with my own character. 

Well I don't think there are any plans to take away options that already exist.  At least I hope not.

I haven't actually played a blader before, but the concept of the character's role appeals to me.  Is there any chance I would be able to dress in more western clothing on a blader via costumes, and use more western style blades?  If not, I might just stick to warrior for the time being, though I would prefer to dual wield.

Posted (edited)

Well I don't think there are any plans to take away options that already exist.  At least I hope not.

I haven't actually played a blader before, but the concept of the character's role appeals to me.  Is there any chance I would be able to dress in more western clothing on a blader via costumes, and use more western style blades?  If not, I might just stick to warrior for the time being, though I would prefer to dual wield.

I don't believe their style of clothing is very western esque but more then likely there -will- be some cash shop items that you can manipulate the clothing and blade to look differently for you to a more western feel. Every class has variations afterall. But I will say, Blader doesn't dual-wield majority of the time to begin with. It uses a single katana and has an ability that creates a small 'shadow' version of a blade for a small period of time, that's the extent they dual-wield. Ninja's will dual-wield however! So perhaps thats more your route?

Edited by MikeHeel