• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

I would rather they say no ETA,

It's essentially the samething, to be honest. They even have release dates set, for Blader and Plum. Realistically there's no way they don't at this point in time. Yet, they're still offering only "soon". Which confuses me...Why not hype your content patches a bit more? It's free marketing...But whatever. Sometime this month, we'll finally be able to enjoy the game too.

Posted (edited)

Sometime this month, we'll finally be able to enjoy the game too.

Sometime next year maybe...sorry, but with new Dungeon Defenders 2 Hero and other content just released this Tuesday, Tree of Savior, Dark Souls 3, and of course The Division's Incursion content update...my schedule is booked. Then next month is Battleborn, Uncharted 4, DOOM, followed by No Man's Sky in June. Like hell...my schedule is just booked until at least September with FFXV finally having a release date.

Black Desert had it's chance to shine in the gap between AAA releases, it didn't. At the very least, not for me. For those folks are who going to try to argue that AAA releases like the aforementioned don't last, you're right they don't, but they're fun AND they're coming out back to back up until the end of 2016. I can also play them from the get-go without wondering where in the hell my class is.

Plus Blader is beginning to look like a joke after that damn Ninja Awakening reveal.

Oooh...it's just getting worse for any time that may have been invested in Black Desert, I somehow just now realized there's a new Star Ocean game coming in June. That feeling when a $100 game/investment becomes a paperweight. /sigh

Edited by Krono

Posted (edited)

Alright Folks lets push for next Week !

Edited by CruddyBappz

Posted (edited)

Sometime next year maybe...sorry, but with new Dungeon Defenders 2 Hero and other content just released this Tuesday, Tree of Savior, Dark Souls 3, and of course The Division's Incursion content update...my schedule is booked. Then next month is Battleborn, Uncharted 4, DOOM, followed by No Man's Sky in June. Like hell...my schedule is just booked until at least September with FFXV finally having a release date.

Black Desert had it's chance to shine in the gap between AAA releases, it didn't. At the very least, not for me. For those folks are who going to try to argue that AAA releases like the aforementioned don't last, you're right they don't, but they're fun AND they're coming out back to back up until the end of 2016. I can also play them from the get-go without wondering where in the hell my class is.

Plus Blader is beginning to look like a joke after that damn Ninja Awakening reveal.

Oooh...it's just getting worse for any time that may have been invested in Black Desert, I somehow just now realized there's a new Star Ocean game coming in June. That feeling when a $100 game/investment becomes a paperweight. /sigh

That's nice for you! I'll be playing Blader and happy with it.

And the Ninja awakening looks like some kind've bastardized anime swordsman. No thanks! Realism > Stupidity.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

That's nice for you! I'll be playing Blader and happy with it.

And the Ninja awakening looks like some kind've bastardized anime swordsman. No thanks! Realism > Stupidity.

Although to be fair... conjuring tornadoes of wind and massive AOE madness doesn't quite equate to realism. :P

I figure it just depends on the level you are willing to accept. 5 Blades may seem ridiculous to some but using wind magic may seem more absurd to others. I guess it's just a matter of perspective really. I find both interesting myself.

Posted

When blader comes out this month

enhanced-buzz-8016-1426277582-24.jpg

Posted (edited)

Although to be fair... conjuring tornadoes of wind and massive AOE madness doesn't quite equate to realism. :P

I figure it just depends on the level you are willing to accept. 5 Blades may seem ridiculous to some but using wind magic may seem more absurd to others. I guess it's just a matter of perspective really. I find both interesting myself.

All MMO's have some form of 'unrealism' to some abilities. The Ninja's awakening from the design is just -too- unrealistic as you'd never be able to wield more then two swords at a time well, regardless of what animes have shown you. haha Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough, nor is your mouth a good place for them. There's coolness factor then there's, "How...does that even work?" Factor. Unless all their weapons are randomly floating around, which would ruin it for me to begin with. haha

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

History would like to remind you of this man, his book, and his legacy of awesome.

Blader/Ninja's distant relative, thrice removed.

That is exactly what I thought. I cringed and loled for real when I read his statement about fighting efficiently with two swords.

Musashi is a kensei and said to be the greatest swordsman in Japanese history and HIS STYLE WAS FUNDAMENTALLY BUILT ON TWO SWORDS.

wewwwwww

Posted (edited)

That is exactly what I thought. I cringed and loled for real when I read his statement about fighting efficiently with two swords.

Musashi is a kensei and said to be the greatest swordsman in Japanese history and HIS STYLE WAS FUNDAMENTALLY BUILT ON TWO SWORDS.

wewwwwww

History would like to remind you of this man, his book, and his legacy of awesome.

Blader/Ninja's distant relative, thrice removed.

I never mocked duel-wielding...? I'm talking about 3-5 swords. Not two. There is no time in history where 3-5 swords was a valid fighting style. But by all means, please feel free to link where the 'best fighter of all time' used 3 or more swords at once and won out. Please. ^_^ Reading comprehension people. I'm clearly talking about multiple swords PER HAND, not two swords overall. GEE GEE.

is just -too- unrealistic as you'd never be able to wield more then two swords at a time well, regardless of what animes have shown you. haha Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough, nor is your mouth a good place for them. 

That's a direct quote from what I stated earlier, highlighting the exact point before what you decided to quote yourself. Read everything in a sentence, not just what you want to hear. Blader's have a dual-wield ability themselves. =P

And oh, just for the record...It's highly debated who the best swordsman of all time is. I wouldn't just recite one as a fact. =P As...that is in no way shape or form correct. 

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted (edited)

The only logical reason I can think of to carry more weapons than you can wield is backups, if the person happens to lose a weapon for whatever reason, they can just pull another instead of trying to recover a dropped/thrown weapon... that said, in a gameplay sense, it's unnecessary.

We got auto path looping before Blader.... really Daum, really? ----- you too.

Edited by Divenity

Posted

I never mocked duel-wielding...? I'm talking about 3-5 swords. Not two. There is no time in history where 3-5 swords was a valid fighting style. But by all means, please feel free to link where the 'best fighter of all time' used 3 or more swords at once and won out. Please. ^_^ Reading comprehension people. I'm clearly talking about multiple swords PER HAND, not two swords overall. GEE GEE.

That's a direct quote from what I stated earlier, highlighting the exact point before what you decided to quote yourself. Read everything in a sentence, not just what you want to hear. Blader's have a dual-wield ability themselves. =P

And oh, just for the record...It's highly debated who the best swordsman of all time is. I wouldn't just recite one as a fact. =P As...that is in no way shape or form correct. 

All I got out this was that you're a hypocrite. Reading comprehension? Re-read your own statement, or the exact quote I had used in reference to said statement:

"Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough"

In this statement, you said 'TWO'. Not 3-5. I didn't include the "mouth" part because it's obvious you're not going to be chewing on ray skin, however you DID state you wouldn't be able to utilize one sword per hand well enough. For most people, that would be two hands, so two swords. Cue the Count.

latest?cb=20120102092947

I merely stated he was a real human being, who developed the Ni-Ten Ichi Ryu sword style. A man who wrote an awesome book and has an awesome legacy, including his media references in the modern era.

Posted

All I got out this was that you're a hypocrite. Reading comprehension? Re-read your own statement, or the exact quote I had used in reference to said statement:

"Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough"

In this statement, you said 'TWO'. Not 3-5. I didn't include the "mouth" part because it's obvious you're not going to be chewing on ray skin, however you DID state you wouldn't be able to utilize one sword per hand well enough. For most people, that would be two hands, so two swords. Cue the Count.

latest?cb=20120102092947

I merely stated he was a real human being, who developed the Ni-Ten Ichi Ryu sword style. A man who wrote an awesome book and has an awesome legacy, including his media references in the modern era.

Read. Read the whole sentence as it's in conjunction with one another. We're talking about 3-5 swords. Three to five. Where do you put them? Realistically feet can't hold swords, so I stated, you'd have to either place two swords PER HAND or in your mouth. Read

The Ninja's awakening from the design is just -too- unrealistic as you'd never be able to wield more then two swords at a time well, regardless of what animes have shown you. haha Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough, nor is your mouth a good place for them. There's coolness factor then there's, "How...does that even work?" Factor. Unless all their weapons are randomly floating around, which would ruin it for me to begin with. haha

Read the entire statement again. 

I never stated one sword per hand, I also technically didn't specify two per one to your credit, it's just HEAVILY assumed given I just said- "You'd never be able to wield more then two swords at a time well" -that statement alone shows I have zero problem with dual-wielding. =P It's common sense, the process of elimination just by pure logic and something you're failing to do.

Posted

All MMO's have some form of 'unrealism' to some abilities. The Ninja's awakening from the design is just -too- unrealistic as you'd never be able to wield more then two swords at a time well, regardless of what animes have shown you. haha Your hands won't be able to wield two swords well enough, nor is your mouth a good place for them. There's coolness factor then there's, "How...does that even work?" Factor. Unless all their weapons are randomly floating around, which would ruin it for me to begin with. haha

So to be entirely clear you think conjuring up tornadoes with the sweep of a sword is realistic enough but wielding five swords (keep in mind we aren't sure how this feat will be managed yet) is pushing the bar? I can understand feeling iffy about the idea as a fighting style itself, since I agree it is very difficult to see how someone can use than many swords in an effective manner, but in general the idea is hardly any more ridiculous than some of the feats other classes are capable of putting forth. So long as the execution of such a style is well done the awakening will fit right in, and looking at how well PA have done the combat for each and every other class I doubt they are just going to fudge this one up all of a sudden. 

Posted (edited)

So to be entirely clear you think conjuring up tornadoes with the sweep of a sword is realistic enough but wielding five swords (keep in mind we aren't sure how this feat will be managed yet) is pushing the bar? I can understand feeling iffy about the idea as a fighting style itself, since I agree it is very difficult to see how someone can use than many swords in an effective manner, but in general the idea is hardly any more ridiculous than some of the feats other classes are capable of putting forth. So long as the execution of such a style is well done the awakening will fit right in, and looking at how well PA have done the combat for each and every other class I doubt they are just going to fudge this one up all of a sudden. 

Magic in itself is...magic.  Definition: The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Attempting to do things that are...not physically possible with physical fighting styles is a much different beast. The way the body works and such, how do you hold five swords in an accurate manner? Two swords per hand, then the fifth in the mouth? You'd lose so much mobility and accuracy, your grip would be crap, and in association with your grip your strength wouldn't be able to mix between the blades and they'd be more inclined to be sent flying/dropped in any form of clash with another blade, with a full grip upon the singular hilt with either one or two hands. With having two in each hand that it'd be much more like a drawback then anything else....and don't even imagine what would happen if the sword in your mouth connected with a strong swing from someone, more or less, you're losing a good portion of teeth...

However, if it's just a dual-wield and the three other swords float around you? That's magic, that's whatever. I'm moreso stating, the pure, if they use 3-5 swords in a physical fighting style. It's redundant and silly, and just SUPER anime. One Piece in specific jumps to mind.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

You're unbelievably dull. Why do you keep assuming all of the blades will be drawn simultaneously?

It's very possible that the fighting style is different than what you seem to think it is. You assumed they'll be physically handling all of the swords on their person and if they aren't they'll be floating around them...

No one ever said you had to remove more than two from their sheaths at a time. Also, quit telling people to re-read things when you keep editing the statement. In your original post you never said anything about the Ninja having to grip more than one sword per hand. Reading comprehension? Seems more like you're just set in your ways and that makes you a fool.

Your train of thought seems to be stuck on the impossible without thinking of what is actually possible.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You're unbelievably dull. Why do you keep assuming all of the blades will be drawn simultaneously?

It's very possible that the fighting style is different than what you seem to think it is. You assumed they'll be physically handling all of the swords on their person and if they aren't they'll be floating around them...

No one ever said you had to remove more than two from their sheaths at a time. Also, quit telling people to re-read things when you keep editing the statement. In your original post you never said anything about the Ninja having to grip more than one sword per hand. Reading comprehension? Seems more like you're just set in your ways and that makes you a fool.

Your train of thought seems to be stuck on the impossible without thinking of what is actually possible.

I never edited anything in that post after you quoted me. So now you're attempting to try to discredit me in a shady way, which...Nope. It tells you the time/date of when you last edited.

And again, I'm basing my judgments off what they've said. Read the actual thing. You just seem to have a problem here without any actual fact behind it. I've already stated, IF they do things in a realistic manner, I'm okay with it. IF they make it done with magic, I'm okay with it. BUT if they're doing, [that which they implied of 3-5 swords being used at once] I have a massive problem with it due to the unrealistic nature. The article even SPECIFIED Zoro from One Piece. So yes. I am commenting on the current goofball style they're portraying it as, if it's something else? Thumbs up But if it remains as it is? I'm going to continue to talk about it as I am because it's exactly what I'm stating it is. Absolute silliness.

You're trying to pick a fight and calling me out with the most silly things. Please -reread- statements, original statements, and make sure your insults atleast have a basis before you sling them. But by all means, keep shooting basic insults my way, and I'll keep batting everything down with logic. S'what I do.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

Based off what was said, they never mentioned using all of the swords simultaneously. Just that you can use them interchangeably.

"First, the ninja awakening. The concept of arousal that are typical ninja free to use the sword of several sacks, bringing the feel of a samurai. Valdosta focused on alcohol Spreading the attacks, interchangeable to suit the situation of the sword, sword bag and several sacks are used."

Posted

This topic is 56 freaking pages. can we let it die?

1 person likes this

Posted

No.

Posted (edited)

Based off what was said, they never mentioned using all of the swords simultaneously. Just that you can use them interchangeably.

"First, the ninja awakening. The concept of arousal that are typical ninja free to use the sword of several sacks, bringing the feel of a samurai. Valdosta focused on alcohol Spreading the attacks, interchangeable to suit the situation of the sword, sword bag and several sacks are used."

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/2008-black-desert-upcoming-future-content -Is what I'm speaking of, which is the thing that was originally linked to this thread, which is where many people have based their opinions off of. 

Though if what you're saying is true, I'm more then happy with that? I'm not sitting here just bashing on it to bash on it. That sounds much more interesting then a damn Zoro playstyle.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted (edited)

The source article from Step's post was deleted. What I had quoted was taken from this:

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154184&site=black

"Add up the public awareness character concept!

If the character remains awake and wizards and location, and Kunoichi ninja, ninja Kunoichi is the first update. If the position of the wizard is that it can take a long time to develop as planned with a new system applied to a Kunoichi ninja and is applied first.

First, the ninja awakening. The concept of arousal that are typical ninja free to use the sword of several sacks, bringing the feel of a samurai. Valdosta focused on alcohol Spreading the attacks, interchangeable to suit the situation of the sword, sword bag and several sacks are used.

Awakening Kunoichi uses a large disc-shaped cutter that chakeu people. In a manner not directly throw the weapon is going to show the acrobatic movements as rhythmic gymnastics. Weapons are generally called chakeu people will differ from those of the disc throwing weapons.

Awaken and placement wizard will use the golems and spirits. The replacement of the equipment of the two characters are the elements of water and fire both the wizard, the site using the land and electricity. Using the wizard awakening of the spirit and the location can be a wizard and golem are billed to the Water Spirit and Fire Golem. Existing system and said it was quite a different way because I'm sorry for the part it takes a long time to develop."

Not sure why the article was taken down from Step's source. Tried to find it on the site, but no luck.

Edited by Krono

Posted

Magic in itself is...magic.  Definition: The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Attempting to do things that are...not physically possible with physical fighting styles is a much different beast. The way the body works and such, how do you hold five swords in an accurate manner? Two swords per hand, then the fifth in the mouth? You'd lose so much mobility and accuracy, your grip would be crap, and in association with your grip your strength wouldn't be able to mix between the blades and they'd be more inclined to be sent flying/dropped in any form of clash with another blade, with a full grip upon the singular hilt with either one or two hands. With having two in each hand that it'd be much more like a drawback then anything else....and don't even imagine what would happen if the sword in your mouth connected with a strong swing from someone, more or less, you're losing a good portion of teeth...

However, if it's just a dual-wield and the three other swords float around you? That's magic, that's whatever. I'm moreso stating, the pure, if they use 3-5 swords in a physical fighting style. It's redundant and silly, and just SUPER anime. One Piece in specific jumps to mind.

When was it stated that the bladers attacks were mystical in origin? Or that the ninja is somehow not allowed to same kind of skill access themselves? 

As it is we have no idea how this awakening will preform, how the swords will be wielded and used, or if there is the presence of magic involved, we can explore the possible routes or imagine how it'll go, but in the end we don't have close enough information on the style to be passing some sort of judgement on it. Nothing currently suggests that this coming awakening for this ninja is going to be anything more than what we've gotten with any other, there is no imagery of the weapons being used in some profound way, or citations speaking of how bizarre or ridiculous it'll be in combat, and as I said before, PA has a very good track record of doing right when it comes to combat, so trusting it'll be something over the top silly even with all that speaks against it is sort of a huge leap. A five sword fighting style might sound ridiculous, but so does giants with canons for hands or an elf with an elemental sword that conjures up like a thousand cuts with a swing, but PA did good with those awakenings so I highly doubt they'd fail with this one. 

Posted

It can die when they release the class and I can retire my warrior. :|

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

When was it stated that the bladers attacks were mystical in origin? Or that the ninja is somehow not allowed to same kind of skill access themselves? 

As it is we have no idea how this awakening will preform, how the swords will be wielded and used, or if there is the presence of magic involved, we can explore the possible routes or imagine how it'll go, but in the end we don't have close enough information on the style to be passing some sort of judgement on it. Nothing currently suggests that this coming awakening for this ninja is going to be anything more than what we've gotten with any other, there is no imagery of the weapons being used in some profound way, or citations speaking of how bizarre or ridiculous it'll be in combat, and as I said before, PA has a very good track record of doing right when it comes to combat, so trusting it'll be something over the top silly even with all that speaks against it is sort of a huge leap. A five sword fighting style might sound ridiculous, but so does giants with canons for hands or an elf with an elemental sword that conjures up like a thousand cuts with a swing, but PA did good with those awakenings so I highly doubt they'd fail with this one. 

I never stated hand-canon giants were a good thing. I like realism > visual coolness factors. I'm a roleplayer at heart and realism always will trump. "WOW! THAT'S COOL LOOKING!" =P So you're stating things that don't make your point against -me- anymore valid then prior, as I never once stated, "Well the Giants Hand-Canon are extremely acceptable!" Awesome thing about that though? You don't need to give a damn about my opinion in the slightest. You think five swords is awesome? More power to you. I'll still cringe at the very thought of it and we both can enjoy our days. 

As far as magic, I never stated they couldn't be mystical or magical? I just said if their process is five swords as a melee prospect, it'd be silly. And it will be silly if that's the route they're going, luckily, as others have pointed out, it doesn't look like it'll be that way. I can only hope they're right and the source originally linked in this thread is wrong.

Edited by MikeHeel