• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

I never stated hand-canon giants were a good thing. I like realism > visual coolness factors. I'm a roleplayer at heart and realism always will trump. "WOW! THAT'S COOL LOOKING!" =P So you're stating things that don't make your point against -me- anymore valid then prior, as I never once stated, "Well the Giants Hand-Canon are extremely acceptable!" Awesome thing about that though? You don't need to give a damn about my opinion in the slightest. You think five swords is awesome? More power to you. I'll still cringe at the very thought of it and we both can enjoy our days. 

As far as magic, I never stated they couldn't be mystical or magical? I just said if their process is five swords as a melee prospect, it'd be silly. And it will be silly if that's the route they're going, luckily, as others have pointed out, it doesn't look like it'll be that way. I can only hope they're right and the source originally linked in this thread is wrong.

Just as I never stated you thought that, I was just listing examples of ideas that also could be taken as over the top that weren't world shattering when they landed. And I can appreciate enjoying realism in games, I'm the very same way, but that isn't what I'm arguing against. All I'm pointing out is your have nothing to stand on currently that would support this current awakening to be anything but realistic for the realm it pertains to, even if you do or don't agree with how the giants hand canons are PA has done a marvelous job with a great many combat styles and unless you find a large portion of them to be out of place then you have no reason to think that'll be the case here. 

And you may not have outright stated such, but your response implied pretty strongly you weren't taking it as a consideration. Either way, my point remains, we don't have enough information to be passing judgement, at least not they way you are, and you should be able to understand that enough from all these people pointing out other ways it could be done. Saying you don't like how the awakening will preform now would be like me saying I don't like how the cloth will move for the wizard's awakening outfit, it doesn't compute, because we don't know how it will be yet in the game. There just isn't enough information out there for us to create an informed view of how it'll turn out, in aspects of realism or not. 

Posted

My Plum fast please, or your game will die Daum.

1 person likes this

Posted

F-friends, please, stop fighting! q-q

...We're all here to get the Blader/Plum (but Blader first, amirite? :D), not tear each other's throats out. Go hug or like... idk, touch tips or something.

Posted

F-friends, please, stop fighting! q-q

...We're all here to get the Blader/Plum (but Blader first, amirite? :D), not tear each other's throats out. Go hug or like... idk, touch tips or something.

Hell no! Give me Maehwa first! ;W;

Posted

Mediah here, still no Blader.  They are milking us. 

Posted

Mediah here, still no Blader.  They are milking us. 

blader didn't arrive with mediah in korea either

Posted

blader didn't arrive with mediah in korea either

And it came a week after Mediah was launched for RU.

...But that's not the point. The reason it had an excuse for not coming with Mediah in KR was that the class was still being developed. When Blader came out on KR, it was a brand new thing -- new animations, new skills, new armours, etc, etc. There's absolutely no reason that it should take longer bringing it to us than it did to KR. All they need to do is run the generic skill text (which they already did, probably) through Google Translate and bam, you're done, profit. But they're supposedly doing some tweaks to the class and balancing it, so idk, maybe they'll justify the delayed release.

In other news: here's hoping that Musa/Maehwa come out next week. It'll probably get crushed by DS3, and I stand by the fact that that's a stupid decision on their end, but hey, maybe I'll be wrong. 

Posted

And it came a week after Mediah was launched for RU.

...But that's not the point. The reason it had an excuse for not coming with Mediah in KR was that the class was still being developed. When Blader came out on KR, it was a brand new thing -- new animations, new skills, new armours, etc, etc. There's absolutely no reason that it should take longer bringing it to us than it did to KR. All they need to do is run the generic skill text (which they already did, probably) through Google Translate and bam, you're done, profit. But they're supposedly doing some tweaks to the class and balancing it, so idk, maybe they'll justify the delayed release.

In other news: here's hoping that Musa/Maehwa come out next week. It'll probably get crushed by DS3, and I stand by the fact that that's a stupid decision on their end, but hey, maybe I'll be wrong. 

Or, like any intelligent company would, all those releases were delayed as a way or stretching out the content and keeping the consumers busy. I highly doubt any of the other versions were developing the class right up until release, the class (or any alterations being made for it) was probably completed weeks prior if not more, as is appropriate when preparing any product for release to avoid any last minute catastrophes. Then they would decide a release date and hold onto the completed work until such time. So our situations is actually very much the same as in the other regions, regardless of changes or not. 

But who knows, maybe they are doing something special for the class to make it feel all better. 

Posted

Or, like any intelligent company would, all those releases were delayed as a way or stretching out the content and keeping the consumers busy. I highly doubt any of the other versions were developing the class right up until release, the class (or any alterations being made for it) was probably completed weeks prior if not more, as is appropriate when preparing any product for release to avoid any last minute catastrophes. Then they would decide a release date and hold onto the completed work until such time. So our situations is actually very much the same as in the other regions, regardless of changes or not. 

But who knows, maybe they are doing something special for the class to make it feel all better. 

But classes don't work for stretching out content, specifically in a game where time spent on said characters matters. Most people won't want to switch and quite frankly to the vast majority who are already set in their mains, a new class isn't more content for them, with the exception of, "Someone to learn to fight against or fight with" in pvp. It's not a massive stretch of content that's holding people over, it's only hurting those who want to main Blader like myself and others in this thread, as we're stuck twiddling our thumbs or in others cases, playing characters that they aren't content with, on already finished content. I understand why the real content is staggered, it's giving us time to enjoy it all bit by bit. That's absolutely smart and I do agree with it, however, classes aren't one of those things that should be. If it's finished, it should be released. That goes for Blader, Plum, Ninja, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted

That would be true if they had the cash shop transfer items to go along with the release of the characters, which so far they have said we won't have them. If they had a name swap and life skill transfer in the cash shop when they released new classes they would make a good bit off them every time a new class rolled out. However, like everything else they refuse to answer. 

Also an intelligent company wouldn't treat their customers the way they do, but that is just one of the many reasons they are struggling as a company I am sure. :|

1 person likes this

Posted

But classes don't work for stretching out content, specifically in a game where time spent on said characters matters. Most people won't want to switch and quite frankly to the vast majority who are already set in their mains, a new class isn't more content for them, with the exception of, "Someone to learn to fight against or fight with" in pvp. It's not a massive stretch of content that's holding people over, it's only hurting those who want to main Blader like myself and others in this thread, as we're stuck twiddling our thumbs or in others cases, playing characters that they aren't content with, on already finished content. I understand why the real content is staggered, it's giving us time to enjoy it all bit by bit. That's absolutely smart and I do agree with it, however, classes aren't one of those things that should be. If it's finished, it should be released. That goes for Blader, Plum, Ninja, etc.

That only takes into consideration people intended to main an upcoming class, for a large majority of players who don't care to be extremely ahead on upcoming classes it's a nice reprieve from the monotony of end game to have a new class to play with for a bit. It's also good advertising for players who aren't already in the game, as it stretches out talk of the game and cool additions to it for a longer period of time. Either way this isn't really about how you or I feel about this kind of practice, but how the provider does, so if you don't agree with it that's something you have to take up with them, but as it is most games drag out all content, even classes, to maximize consumer interest and to avoid burning players out too quickly, and that's just sorta how it is. We can hope they'll do something fancy for us to make up to the players who've been eagerly awaiting that specific class to drop but not sure what else you expect em to do. 

Posted

It'll probably get crushed by DS3

for the whole week it will take most people to beat DS3 and then go back to BDO, yeah, I doubt very seriously DS3 will have any noticeable impact on this... it will delay people's purchases on cash shop stuff maybe, and then they will still buy their shit anyways.

Posted (edited)

That only takes into consideration people intended to main an upcoming class, for a large majority of players who don't care to be extremely ahead on upcoming classes it's a nice reprieve from the monotony of end game to have a new class to play with for a bit. It's also good advertising for players who aren't already in the game, as it stretches out talk of the game and cool additions to it for a longer period of time. Either way this isn't really about how you or I feel about this kind of practice, but how the provider does, so if you don't agree with it that's something you have to take up with them, but as it is most games drag out all content, even classes, to maximize consumer interest and to avoid burning players out too quickly, and that's just sorta how it is. We can hope they'll do something fancy for us to make up to the players who've been eagerly awaiting that specific class to drop but not sure what else you expect em to do. 

Yep, but alts only go so far as 'new' content, specifically in a game that's all about time spent as I stated earlier. It's a nice little reprieve, but there's nothing stopping them from taking that reprieve at -any- time, just because the class is new or not changes little. If they need a break? Then they can make the character as the break is needed.

And trust me I've stated my opinion many times in this thread and in many other various places in the forums. The 'provider' claims the classes aren't ready to be released yet, they've stated that many times. Not many of us buy into it, knowing how game development is done and how they've already done the work in releasing said classes in other areas already, same team, just simply a different region. So their coding is already finished in that regard. Most games don't receive new classes for a year or two at a time, so again, that being the content that 'holds attention' isn't really the right argument. I know people who won't even touch this game due to the lack of a stealthy/assassin class currently until ninja, then I know a good amount of men whom aren't happy with the current lineup of male characters either. In a game that's all about character progression, you don't want to stall on this, you want them all out asap, to keep as many people happy, with their various different playstyles and gender preferences, etc.

Of course, like you said, despite these very valid concerns, it depends on what the game developers want, but we all know game dev's don't always have the players best interests at heart. A very sad truth, indeed.

for the whole week it will take most people to beat DS3 and then go back to BDO, yeah, I doubt very seriously DS3 will have any noticeable impact on this... it will delay people's purchases on cash shop stuff maybe, and then they will still buy their shit anyways.

And single player games always release, they don't tend to impact MMO's much, most people play both when a good single player title launches. A vast majority don't just play a single player title non-stop, all day, everyday to begin with. Not a single one of my friends will touch DS3 for example, but I know a good bit that'll be playing Blader on launch day.  People tend to over-play things way too much. haha

Also an intelligent company wouldn't treat their customers the way they do, but that is just one of the many reasons they are struggling as a company I am sure. :|

They aren't struggling in the slightest. lol For a new company, on their first major title launch in  NA/EU, they've sold quite a bit of copies, in a market that most people assumed made no money. You were either WoW/FF14 or you're a F2P game, they went B2P and actually made tons of profit, sales, and numbers, are sustaining said numbers quite well and seem to be on the rise with more people purchasing their game frequently.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

Yep, but alts only go so far as 'new' content, specifically in a game that's all about time spent as I stated earlier. It's a nice little reprieve, but there's nothing stopping them from taking that reprieve at -any- time, just because the class is new or not changes little. If they need a break? Then they can make the character as the break is needed.

And trust me I've stated my opinion many times in this thread and in many other various places in the forums. The 'provider' claims the classes aren't ready to be released yet, they've stated that many times. Not many of us buy into it, knowing how game development is done and how they've already done the work in releasing said classes in other areas already, same team, just simply a different region. So their coding is already finished in that regard. Most games don't receive new classes for a year or two at a time, so again, that being the content that 'holds attention' isn't really the right argument. I know people who won't even touch this game due to the lack of a stealthy/assassin class currently until ninja, then I know a good amount of men whom aren't happy with the current lineup of male characters either. In a game that's all about character progression, you don't want to stall on this, you want them all out asap, to keep as many people happy, with their various different playstyles and gender preferences, etc.

Of course, like you said, despite these very valid concerns, it depends on what the game developers want, but we all know game dev's don't always have the players best interests at heart. A very sad truth, indeed.

And single player games always release, they don't tend to impact MMO's much, most people play both when a good single player title launches. A vast majority don't just play a single player title non-stop, all day, everyday to begin with. Not a single one of my friends will touch DS3 for example, but I know a good bit that'll be playing Blader on launch day.  People tend to over-play things way too much. haha

They aren't struggling in the slightest. lol For a new company, on their first major title launch in  NA/EU, they've sold quite a bit of copies, in a market that most people assumed made no money. You were either WoW/FF14 or you're a F2P game, they went B2P and actually made tons of profit, sales, and numbers, are sustaining said numbers quite well and seem to be on the rise with more people purchasing their game frequently.

I was not referring to DAUM EU specifically. The actual company DAUM has not been doing very well for a while, and they were bought out last year. Just because Black Desert is making money does not mean the entire company is doing well. If the poor way they have responded to us on so many issues reflects the parent company then it is no wonder they are having problems. :|

Posted

I was not referring to DAUM EU specifically. The actual company DAUM has not been doing very well for a while, and they were bought out last year. Just because Black Desert is making money does not mean the entire company is doing well. If the poor way they have responded to us on so many issues reflects the parent company then it is no wonder they are having problems. :|

DAUM isn't the company that owns BDO, Pearl Abyss is and PA still has all the say on the game. haha DAUM just is licensing it and doing what they're told from PA, whom is really in charge.

1 person likes this

Posted

Question. Why is this still going? CBT2 ended almost a month ago.

Mods, can we get this thread locked?

Posted

This isn't just for CBT-2, it's a Blader support thread, for those interested in the class and it's release, information about it, etc.

Posted

But they go somewhere, which is the thing that matters, just because it doesn't generate maximum interest does not make what interest it does generate meaningless. Of course the class situation is more delicate in BDO than most games, because of how many aspects are tried to each character, but remember that plight is still only particularly problematic for the minority planning to main the main the class. As for reprieves, while yes they can take such breaks anytime, those run out, and what if the current options have been exhausted? Several weeks after a large patch is the perfect time to introduce something of a fanciful break option, as players are just getting over whatever hardcore play they've been doing to keep up in the game. 

As I've said however, this is all a matter of views, and while you and I might think it differently, what counts is how Daum sees it. You are among the people who wants this character as a main so you are inclined to side with whatevers bring it earliest to you, but Daum has to consider the community/game at large when making decisions, not a single category of players, and doing such does not make them any less caring or interested in how the community feels, it's just a matter of who can you can please the most, even if it isn't extremely apparent. I'm not saying I side one way or the other on this, I have no idea which direction would be better for the game, but the mindset behind holding content isn't a nonsense one. 

Posted (edited)

But they go somewhere, which is the thing that matters, just because it doesn't generate maximum interest does not make what interest it does generate meaningless. Of course the class situation is more delicate in BDO than most games, because of how many aspects are tried to each character, but remember that plight is still only particularly problematic for the minority planning to main the main the class. As for reprieves, while yes they can take such breaks anytime, those run out, and what if the current options have been exhausted? Several weeks after a large patch is the perfect time to introduce something of a fanciful break option, as players are just getting over whatever hardcore play they've been doing to keep up in the game. 

As I've said however, this is all a matter of views, and while you and I might think it differently, what counts is how Daum sees it. You are among the people who wants this character as a main so you are inclined to side with whatevers bring it earliest to you, but Daum has to consider the community/game at large when making decisions, not a single category of players, and doing such does not make them any less caring or interested in how the community feels, it's just a matter of who can you can please the most, even if it isn't extremely apparent. I'm not saying I side one way or the other on this, I have no idea which direction would be better for the game, but the mindset behind holding content isn't a nonsense one. 

Again, there's many classes for people to try as a break. They don't need a 'new' class for that. Most games only give new classes at expansion time(the point in time everyone is the most active in the game period, when most people take the game's main content seriously) so it's still a completely void point. If a class is new or not, it doesn't stop someone from logging in and creating it when they feel burned on their main and need a break.

Edited by MikeHeel

Posted

This pretty much became the Blader hang out until the class is released and it gets a sub-forum of its own. There is no reason for them to lock the thread. It will die off on its own when the class is released. Until then it serves to show that people are obviously still interested and waiting on the class. Despite the fact we argue over some stupid shit almost everyone here is waiting on the same thing. No one is forcing you to visit the thread so I am not sure why you want it closed. If it bothers you then just stop visiting it. 

Posted

Again, there's many classes for people to try as a break. They don't need a 'new' class for that. Most games only give new classes at expansion time(the point in time everyone is the most active in the game period, when most people take the game's main content seriously) so it's still a completely void point. If a class is new or not, it doesn't stop someone from logging in and creating it when they feel burned on their main and need a break.

If you've explored all the already interesting classes you do, which is supposed to be the assumption coming into a new update, that the players have already exhausted what is to be had and what a change of pace. I also don't see how classes being released near expansion time voids players liking something new to play with as a kind of break after tearing through the more intense content. 

Posted (edited)

If you've explored all the already interesting classes you do, which is supposed to be the assumption coming into a new update, that the players have already exhausted what is to be had and what a change of pace. I also don't see how classes being released near expansion time voids players liking something new to play with as a kind of break after tearing through the more intense content. 

Given how this game works, a vast majority of people are focusing on one character, any others are alts that won't get nearly as much play-time as unlike most games, where there's a clear cap and only so much you can do, it's a LOT harder to reach that constant cap in BDO, as you can always continue leveling and progressing your character's many various attributes. Meaning...a good portion of players will have tons of classes they've never experienced and will be able to whenever they feel that main-burn.

And when they're released with an expansion, the vast majority of players aren't leveling that class, they're checking out the new content on their mains. Though the new class might see a bunch of alt traffic regardless(because classes bring hype to players that don't care about end game or might like the visuals/playstyle of the new class better, thus transforming into mains instead.

However, they don't stagger the class despite this....Why? Because there's zero benefit to doing so. People, will check out the class in their own time. They don't need a "NEW CLASS: ONLY PLAY THIS NOW!" Date, when they feel the burn and want an alt to play, they'll check out the class selection at that point in time and if the new class is the class that interests them? They'll select it. Holding back on that, is only hurting the people whom are planning on maining that class, the alt'ers will get around to it when they feel it anyways. As just because a new class is released doesn't mean 9 people out of 10 will suddenly decide they want to alt anyways, majority of people will just keep on progressing their mains, as this game is so heavy on progression as is.

Edited by MikeHeel
1 person likes this

Posted

After reading this page of posts, it felt like I was reading an argumentative paper in the existence of blader and the reason people main and use alts. 

1 person likes this

Posted

MikeHeel, you could use some work on your etiquette because I never called you out of name and only addressed your point.

As you have clarified, if I misunderstood then I apologize. I simply thought you were mocking dual wielding techniques with the sword.

Why would moderators lock a thread full of discussion on topic for the category it's found in?

Posted

bought this game prerelease, with intention of playing blader

cannot play the game until you release this class. do not know why you are holding it back on purpose but its bordering on holding it hostage now