• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

1,445 posts in this topic

Posted

I would love to see Blader / Plum in CBT2.

Posted

Signed!

서명!
in both english and korean!
2 people like this

Posted

Don't care about the Asian aspect of the class, I just want more than warrior as a playable young male class. women have a shitload of variety but male characters are massively pidgeonholed

2 people like this

Posted

Don't care about the Asian aspect of the class, I just want more than warrior as a playable young male class. women have a shitload of variety but male characters are massively pidgeonholed

This is actually a really good point. Without Blader the male choices are...very minimal. That actually seemed to be a really big complaint throughout CBT1.

Posted

This is actually a really good point. Without Blader the male choices are...very minimal. That actually seemed to be a really big complaint throughout CBT1.

Yup! We've brought it up many times on here. It's a very valid concern that many males and females that place male characters have. The ratio with the two other classes they have planned for CBT-2 and release makes it become 5-3. Then, Wizard is an old man, Berserker is a giant...For those just wanting standard looking young males...They get the selection of a single class! How fun! -_- Not so much. Blader atleast gives them two options to choose between.

Posted

Don't care about the Asian aspect of the class, I just want more than warrior as a playable young male class. women have a shitload of variety but male characters are massively pidgeonholed

ya where my old women at?

I want a grandma valkyrie.

while we're on the topic of sex inequality, WHERE ARE MY TRANSVESTITES?

Posted

Why do people think having Blader and other 'asian' classes in will push back the launch? The classes are already 'finished'. DAUM EU aren't developing the classes. They are just tweaking them and translating them. If it pushed it back, it would only be by a week or so if that. (at least that is my assumption.)

By that logic it should be wizard/witch and valkyrie that should be pushed back to come out after launch since they are the more 'newer' classes compared to Blader. That way we'd have no problem releasing at scheduled date, no? But I'm sure many wouldn't want that for the same reason why we are petitioning for Blader. Because wizard/witch/valkyrie are their main and you want your main in the game. It's really not that hard to understand.

A very good point, on other servers Blader was before Wizard/Witch and Valkyrie. Though this petition doesn't guarantee anything it's good for the mods to see the support behind one class.

Still going with this, huh. I'll say it again: the class wasn't cancelled. It'll be in the game. Why is this a "suggestion". There is literally zero point to having this thread.

I apologize that you feel that way. This is under suggestion because it's a suggestion to release it sooner rather than later. While I understand that it will be released at one point, for some people that class is the reason they picked up the game. Honestly since the other classes are incorporated into the game already, I dont see a point to not release them all on launch. The reason that this is such a problem currently is they didn't decide to just go with the base classes. Due to the fact they added in more than just the base shows they want to release what is popular with their NA player base. This thread is here to show what would be popular to the NA player base. That is all. I am not expecting anything from this, I am simply giving a place for those trying to get their class release a chance to speak their reasoning. 

This is one of the bigger points behind this suggestion thread. Most males don't have as many options between their character appearance and playstyle. 

Grinding with a blader, you really shouldn't have an issue of running out of pots due to 3 skills that heal yourself and an insta cast skill that refills a good chunk of your WP on only a 15-20 second cooldown.

Because this type of thread is what got the Tamer into the game before 2 other announced classes.

I find it interesting that I've been seeing you on a bunch of the forums, you always have something good to say. I thank you for that. The tamer being released so early is a reason why I thought making this thread may be a good idea. Though I don't expect it to 100% work or even 50%, then being able to see it isn't a bad thing. 

Again, thank you everyone for the support with this thread! 

Posted

To be fair, even with Blader, that gives massive choice between one guy with sword and shield and another guy with..sword and bow....

Male class restriction isn't something to be fixed just by Blader alone. This is completely separate issue.....but it's a start, I suppose.

Posted (edited)

To be fair, even with Blader, that gives massive choice between one guy with sword and shield and another guy with..sword and bow....

Male class restriction isn't something to be fixed just by Blader alone. This is completely separate issue.....but it's a start, I suppose.

Playstyles are more then just their weapons luckily. We don't have an agile melee character for males, Blader -would- fix that, while offering a different feel then warrior entirely, so it most certainly helps 'even' things. The ratio of 3-5 would turn to 4-5.

Edited by MikeHeel
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm in favor of having the Blader on release. Taking into account that a lot of people wont play the game (or wont be happy with the game/current class play styles) until he is released and the fact that the game is buy to play, it only makes sense to have him available on release to increase sales before some other mmo comes along and snatches up those waiting players with a fast paced, dashing samurai class.

Another point, as mentioned a lot in this thread, is that a lot of males want to play/rp as a average looking guy as their 'main' without having to play a 'turtle' class (sorry about that warrior fans), and it's not just guys who want to play/rp as a cool looking samurai dude, my sister is a big fan of the Blader and wants him as her 'main' but wont purchase the game until he is release. That all being said, I understand if there is some issue preventing him from being released early and can wait until then.

In short, I think that in terms of sales it is a bad idea to withhold one of the most popular classes for a buy to play game. So +1 to OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Playstyles are more then just their weapons luckily. We don't have an agile melee character for males, Blader -would- fix that, while offering a different feel then warrior entirely, so it most certainly helps 'even' things. The ratio of 3-5 would turn to 4-5.

Oh definitely. If the two felt the same, I wouldn't be supporting this thread to begin with. (I'd just save myself time and play Warrior instead)

But I'm just saying from complete new player point of view. Someone who doesn't know anything about how classes work etc. (as some of my friends are) All they'd see are two men with two swords.

I would still push them to choose Blader regardless but that's just me... >w>

2 people like this

Posted

and it's not just guys who want to play/rp as a cool looking samurai dude, my sister is a big fan of the Blader and wants him as her 'main' but wont purchase the game until he is release.

...........Blader isn't a samurai based class....

I'm sorry it's my Korean lineage just being butthurt.

Posted

Ahaha, sorry. It was just the first thing that came to mind when summarizing the class.

Posted

It's the Korean equivalent of a Samurai though. XP I've noticed typically Korean shows just tend to label them 'Swordsman', but treat them in very similar fashion/respect. I know it's a cultural name and what not but don't be -too- upset by it. No one means any disrespect I'm sure!

Posted

It's the Korean equivalent of a Samurai though. XP I've noticed typically Korean shows just tend to label them 'Swordsman', but treat them in very similar fashion/respect. I know it's a cultural name and what not but don't be -too- upset by it. No one means any disrespect I'm sure!

It is very easy to confuse a Korean Warrior for a Samurai as they are partly influenced by them and even would use Japanese Katanas with the handle cut down as swords. Even several of their other weapons are similar.

1 person likes this

Posted

All these posts. All these Bladers. ALL THESE RIVALS. 

,I was ok with blader delay due to name reservation but if it is available at release great just know ,i'm coming for every single one of you.

I will be BDO'S greatest Swordsman 

1200 SP for all sword skills by the way

I will attack immediately if your name is kirito

Posted

,I was ok with blader delay due to name reservation but if it is available at release great just know ,i'm coming for every single one of you.

Oh snap...The gauntlet has been thrown.

Posted

This makes me happy, haha. Great passion?  :) 

Posted

+1 Blader or Ninja! i hate Casters and Tanks!

Posted (edited)

To be honest i don't care about how many male or female classes there is, or if its equal, i care about the game-play of the game, and the time i have to spend on the game, i have played on KR for nearly a year, and have tried all the classes, and i am totally in love with the Plum, and to be honest, its the only class i want to play as of now, i love the play-style and how the class work, and i can't find this in any of the other classes.

First i want to start with the function of Blader/Plum and Kuni/Ninja's in GvG and siege battles, i don't really see that function in any of the other classes even the with the Tamer and Sorc as they are right now, and they play a big part of how the big guild battles and Siege work, and i find them essential to make these battles work the right way, i see these classes as the role of swooping in and taking out the hard hitting big AoE classes in the background, like Ranger and Witch, that no one else can get to, and the people running back behind the first line, to try and stay alive. 
Not having at least one of these classes will change the way big GvG and Siege Battles work to something that i feel as of now, wont work right, and i find that this is a really bad decision, if they are added to the game, within the first month of release it wont play a big role, because they won't introduce Siege Battles for at least a month, but if they don't it could change a lot about how things work, and that could be for quite a few months, until they are released.

Now to the more personal stuff, i'm really sad, that i have to compromise in a game i LOVE, and have been waiting for, for over 2 years, and that i will have to play the game, grind gear, currency, gain levels, gain Fishing/Processing/Training levels and so on, and battle with my guild on a class that i don't like, and don't want to play, and in the end, will never use when the Plum is finally released, and i have to do all over again, i know that i could use some of the gear from the class i HAVE to play, on the class i WANT to play, but its still several of hours wasted, and levels and exp that i have to catch up to again, which means i have to spend even more hours in-game, to be able to match other players, and if i want to use the gear from that class, i have to limit myself to certain classes, that could use the same gear, as i want to use on my Plum, so again i have to compromise, and pick a class that could gear match as much as possible, because the Plum is not there on release. 
And to end this, this really really bad, "Western people don't like the Asian Flare" excuse i find in no way true.

So i want to say to the publisher, stop making excuses, stop pushing the game or yourself for a earlier release, and make sure you bring us all the classes, even if you in the end have to delay the release.

And to the developers, the AMAZING guys behind the game, who are working hard to give SOME people (some of which haven't event played the game, or haven't played it as it works at level 50+), content or changes like the longer potion cooldown (please lets not discuss that in this post), that was not in the game, or maybe even intended for the game, please make sure, that the publisher don't ruin your game because WE as western players are demanding to much to early, or maybe even demanding stupid stuff, that you have worked on for a long time to make work, and that you know works, I and A LOT of other people LOVE you guys for what you are doing for us, please don't forget that.

Edited by Miller
fix
1 person likes this

Posted

+1, please add

Posted

To be honest i don't care about how many male or female classes there is, or if its equal, i care about the game-play of the game, and the time i have to spend on the game, i have played on KR for nearly a year, and have tried all the classes, and i am totally in love with the Plum, and to be honest, its the only class i want to play as of now, i love the play-style and how the class work, and i can't find this in any of the other classes.

First i want to start with the function of Blader/Plum and Kuni/Ninja's in GvG and siege battles, i don't really see that function in any of the other classes even the with the Tamer and Sorc as they are right now, and they play a big part of how the big guild battles and Siege work, and i find them essential to make these battles work the right way, i see these classes as the role of swooping in and taking out the hard hitting big AoE classes in the background, like Ranger and Witch, that no one else can get to, and the people running back behind the first line, to try and stay alive. 
Not having at least one of these classes will change the way big GvG and Siege Battles work to something that i feel as of now, wont work right, and i find that this is a really bad decision, if they are added to the game, within the first month of release it wont play a big role, because they won't introduce Siege Battles for at least a month, but if they don't it could change a lot about how things work, and that could be for quite a few months, until they are released.

Now to the more personal stuff, i'm really sad, that i have to compromise in a game i LOVE, and have been waiting for, for over 2 years, and that i will have to play the game, grind gear, currency, gain levels, gain Fishing/Processing/Training levels and so on, and battle with my guild on a class that i don't like, and don't want to play, and in the end, will never use when the Plum is finally released, and i have to do all over again, i know that i could use some of the gear from the class i HAVE to play, on the class i WANT to play, but its still several of hours wasted, and levels and exp that i have to catch up to again, which means i have to spend even more hours in-game, to be able to match other players, and if i want to use the gear from that class, i have to limit myself to certain classes, that could use the same gear, as i want to use on my Plum, so again i have to compromise, and pick a class that could gear match as much as possible, because the Plum is not there on release. 
And to end this, this really really bad, "Western people don't like the Asian Flare" excuse i find in no way true.

So i want to say to the publisher, stop making excuses, stop pushing the game or yourself for a earlier release, and make sure you bring us all the classes, even if you in the end have to delay the release.

And to the developers, the AMAZING guys behind the game, who are working hard to give SOME people (some of which haven't event played the game, or haven't played it as it works at level 50+), content or changes like the longer potion cooldown (please lets not discuss that in this post), that was not in the game, or maybe even intended for the game, please make sure, that the publisher don't ruin your game because WE as western players are demanding to much to early, or maybe even demanding stupid stuff, that you have worked on for a long time to make work, and that you know works, I and A LOT of other people LOVE you guys for what you are doing for us, please don't forget that.

Thank you for you response and input. I think with a game like this it's important to have classes that we fit well into. It's not so much that the grind is hard, it's more of you want to do it on your class. To me, this game is something you can lose yourself in, but that can only be accomplished with a class that suits you. To each person that "perfect fit" is something else. To most people in this thread they believe it to be blader/plum, for myself I believe it to be sorceress. This game has a massive world with SO much potential and I couldn't be more excited for it. I love what the developers have done and I'm excited for what they have in the future. Though I understand the importance of holding off a class for hype, I don't believe that is the right way to go with a game such as this. Hype can by easily attained by contest, in game or on forums. I would love to see costume contest/hair/ all the things we love to customize with. If they really want to get as much profit as possible they should release all of the classes and work on "hype updates" to be cosmetic, content, or events, but that would be a personal opinion. Either way, thank you for the support! 

Posted

Oh, I know! I'm very well aware I'm just being butthurt and no one really means disrespect etc. xD It's just sometimes I can't help but feel the urge to correct them.... I guess I'm bit odd in that regard.

Besides, can't blame anyone since Japanese culture are lot more widely known and samurai is more instantly-acknowledgeable to most folks.

Posted (edited)

Yes, i totally agree with this thread, please put the Blader into the CBT2.

Edited by Gatsuki
Spell check

Posted

Signed

I agree that blader should at least be released along with witch and valk during launch because there are many players who would love to play him.