• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why No-Trading is the best feature of Black Desert

715 posts in this topic

Posted

Playertrading cons:

• P2W market 
  • would give multiboxers more power ( more energy -> more silver -> more power but more character slots are doing the same thing )
  • would allow some players to control the market if done incorrectly

The thing is, all of those cons have fairly simple solutions that the players for trade are actually okay with, despite the fact it's still seriously restrictive. 

the people against trade are just, inflexible, by any means. 

Generalizations, of course! 

2 people like this

Posted

What im trying to get at yeah i see ur concerns, but that is content related, and maybe down the future BDO will implement that kind of gameplay. But you cant change people.like the old saying goes "You give a man a fish and eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he will live forever"
We can always make content better, but not the players, and once those that i like to call freeloader players find out that they have to do it in order to get it, then most of those players wont play, and this makes me happy.

But yeah there are some automative functions like, going running, fishing, etc... but that is mere more so that the player isnt based at their pc 24/7 unless they choose to be. which i dont mind. But this one of the many reasons why i chose to play the game, cause ppl cant powerlevel their friends.

If people were honest and trustworthy there wouldnt be a need for this, but this is what happened in the last game i was in and me getting stuck in a raid that normally took 8 players to finish in between 45-30mins was taking upto 2-3hrs, and why???   its because the developers made that game so easy for any moron to get to end game content that now you get stuck in content cause people couldnt be bothered to learn the damn game and didnt know their powers or roles. i just hope the dev's on this game keep that in check and ill be here forever! :D

I see what you are getting at. But this players no being able to play is less of a problem here anyway. 

1) Its pvp -> mass over class anytime

2) Game is highly gear not skill based ( someone with full +20 weapons would easily grind 20+ guys in an instant even with low skills )

3) again no raids or dungeons ( the things where low skill is really a problem )

I wouldnt want a complete free trade system. But a system where i could work together with others to achieve something ( like craft high end ships/wagons etc. ) would be nice.

Posted (edited)

tl;dr

rationalising communism in video game worlds

lets enjoy our singleplayer trading experience in multiplayer game

also ----- free market and freedom

Edited by Xom
2 people like this

Posted

Suggestion:

How does a Contract sound? Something akin to Guild Contracts but you either trade them resources or do the labor for you at market value with either a discount or overcharge depending on how much the player wants it. If the other person really needs it, you can jack up the price and overcharge them, or if they have some loyalty (to you) you could offer it at a discount. Could only offer contracts to guildmates or someone in your friends list for like a week or two and you won't get your item until a longer period of time instead of just gathering it or making it yourself or something...That way people (like me cause I love the combat,art, and pvp in this game and basically don't have the patience for anything else cause I'm a casual) don't have to spend hours to get enough money to get a fishing boat just so I could play with my friends that like to fish and farm but almost nothing else.

Posted

Non AFK fishing doesn't require energy, so I don't understand its mention in #1.

Posted

Last night i dreamed about a nice addition to the game, what do you guys think about using the amity system for player to player amity increase wich ends up in being able to trade with that specific player when the amity is high enough.

I was thinking about daily caps to the amity player to player game and while amity increases the value of tradegoods you are able to trade will increase.

This helps ppl trade stuff to their close friends,wifes or much liked guild members, the system i have in mind will make player trading possible to like 2-3 other players of your choice and will need about 1-2 weeks to work up amity before you are allowed to trade with someone for valuable goods (around 20 million+)

you will also lose amity percentage wise depending on the value of the traded items.

Any serious downsides to that idea?

Posted

The thing is, all of those cons have fairly simple solutions that the players for trade are actually okay with, despite the fact it's still seriously restrictive. 

the people against trade are just, inflexible, by any means. 

Generalizations, of course! 

What about the people that aren't? ----- em? Saying that makes you sound just as inflexible (which probs isn't the case). You made a thread about the best way trading can be compromised, you even linked it earlier. Why not discuss this in that thread instead of making up 50% of the replies in this one. 

You've said several times that you didn't do much research before buying the game, even though there has been more beta opportunities for BDO than like any other mmo. Plus the ridiculous amount of info gathered on the Black-Desert website forums. Where all the issues brought up here have been discussed 100000 times over since 2015 and earlier. By people that have been playing the game for more than a year, not the piss poor two week old complaining that goes on here. Peeps love to drive home the fact that this isn't a new game, yet still complain having done 0 research on it before playing. In short don't be surprised if a bunch of people disagree with your opinion regarding trading because of this.

Also I have no idea what those comics are about. 

Don't mean to sound like a -----, but after reading these forums for more than 10 minutes that tends to happen.

Posted

I love that we can't trade cause itll have no gold sellers spamming chat every second, now they just have to get rid of the 300 character and put it down to 50 or less. I hate having my chat crowded with gold seller spam

Posted

What about the people that aren't? ----- em? Saying that makes you sound just as inflexible (which probs isn't the case). You made a thread about the best way trading can be compromised, you even linked it earlier. Why not discuss this in that thread instead of making up 50% of the replies in this one. 

You've said several times that you didn't do much research before buying the game, even though there has been more beta opportunities for BDO than like any other mmo. Plus the ridiculous amount of info gathered on the Black-Desert website forums. Where all the issues brought up here have been discussed 100000 times over since 2015 and earlier. By people that have been playing the game for more than a year, not the piss poor two week old complaining that goes on here. Peeps love to drive home the fact that this isn't a new game, yet still complain having done 0 research on it before playing. In short don't be surprised if a bunch of people disagree with your opinion regarding trading because of this.

Don't mean to sound like a -----, but after reading these forums for more than 10 minutes that tends to happen.

You still cant test everything i a beta.

The marketplace is good and nice but it has some serious downsides. 

The good and bad side ist still the fixed prices.

They wont allow a monopoly ( good ) but also make endproducts worthless enough that nobody wants to sell them ( bad ).

You invest time and or energy to produce something new out of ressources but you lose value?

In other games you just invest some time ( minutes not hours/days ) and no energy ( valueable ressource ) to produce something -> its okay that ressources are worth more.

Here everybody has to build his stuff himself. Of course i could ask my friend to build me a Ship/Wagon etc. and put in into the market but they would lose millions doing this ( bad ) and it could get sniped away ( even worse ).

What would be really nice would be the ability to directly sell something to a player / playergroup for the same price with the same taxes ( no downsides only pros )

Posted

What about the people that aren't, what?

I discuss a lot of things in a lot of threads, usually where i see something i want to reply too. 

If people against trade decide to stay out of threads trying to find ways to implement trade, or did't spam stupid things like "No Trade" when the thread topic has "This thread is not about P2P Trade" in big bold coloured letters, I might be more inclined to "stay in those threads"

I've done a fair bit more research after playing the beta, and most the complaints from back then are reflective or similar to the complaints now, that alone is telling. 

I don't have anything against people disagreeing, however i do ask that they give reasoning, preferably reasoning at least remotely relevant, and preferably reasoning that can stand against criticism. 

I don't blame you for zoning out of not following everything, 90% of the replies in this thread are useless, sadly, myself included. 

Silly trolls, and people that can't read. 

For example, in this page alone the amount of people that say "No trade is good because no goldsellers/spam" obviously have not read much, or any, of the thread. 

Posted (edited)

if u don't use energy people would sell at minimum and buy at maximum as way to exchange money if there is something that range from 20.000 to 50.000 you can sell it for 20.000 and ur friend send it back for 50.000 this 10 time in 1 minute

you need to make this exchange to cost energy 5 like the bargain and still wouldn't stop thing that cost  from 2.000.000 to 3.500.000 to be used as money transfer

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

if u don't use energy people would sell at minimum and buy at maximum as way to exchange money if there is something that range from 20.000 to 50.000 you can sell it for 20.000 and ur friend send it back for 50.000 this 10 time in 1 minute

you need to make this exchange to cost resource 5 like the bargain

You couldnt because you always have to buy the cheapest one first + the brackets arent as big as that. Maybe 20k-30k and you would loose 35% of the 30k => less than 20k.

Posted (edited)

What about the people that aren't, what?

I discuss a lot of things in a lot of threads, usually where i see something i want to reply too. 

If people against trade decide to stay out of threads trying to find ways to implement trade, or did't spam stupid things like "No Trade" when the thread topic has "This thread is not about P2P Trade" in big bold coloured letters, I might be more inclined to "stay in those threads"

I've done a fair bit more research after playing the beta, and most the complaints from back then are reflective or similar to the complaints now, that alone is telling. 

I don't have anything against people disagreeing, however i do ask that they give reasoning, preferably reasoning at least remotely relevant, and preferably reasoning that can stand against criticism. 

I don't blame you for zoning out of not following everything, 90% of the replies in this thread are useless, sadly, myself included. 

Silly trolls, and people that can't read. 

For example, in this page alone the amount of people that say "No trade is good because no goldsellers/spam" obviously have not read much, or any, of the thread. 

they gave a lot of reason did u read the first post? A lot of people don't want it if u want it go to a game that has it this is the onlyy game that doesn't so is the only game that please them while u have ALL the other game that do exactly as u say go play one of those instead of change the only one that please them

You couldnt because you always have to buy the cheapest one first + the brackets arent as big as that. Maybe 20k-30k and you would loose 35% of the 30k => less than 20k.

the bracket get bigger the more expensive is the object and gold seller would only account for the lost of gold in taxes as part of the exchange they don't mind it would be still used as a form to exchange gold if u can do it 10 time in a few seconds with no other cost then lost of some silver due to taxes

Edited by NgocTu

Posted

they gave a lot of reason did u read the first post? A lot of people don't want it if u want it go to a game that has it this is the onlyy game that doesn't so is the only game that please them while u have ALL the other game that do exactly as u say go play one of those instead of change the only one that please them

the bracket get bigger the more expensive is the object and gold seller would only account for the lost of gold in taxes as part of the exchange they don't mind it would be still used as a form to exchange gold if u can do it 10 time in a few seconds with no other cost then lost of some silver due to taxes

A you need something no ones sells at all.

B people would easily snipe it away.

C Example. Necklace of good Deeds 20,8kk - 22,5kk.

Lets make the Bracket a bit bigger for easier Numbers. 20kk - 23kk

I would buy it for cheap ( and allow people to snipe it away ) for 20kk and resell it to gold sellers for 23kk. I would "gain" -5,05kk silver.

Yeah i would abuse the shit out of it.

Posted

Have you read the thread?

So many people say "go find another game" instead of simply having a discussion. 

"What? You disagree with me? No, go play another game." 

We should probably erase the forums, apparently idea's, debate, and different opinions are not welcome here. 

Actually, that does kinda fit the anti-social trend xD

Or my favorite, "Close this thread it's not an issue"

(1000 pages later in the 1000th started thread on the topic)

Yeah, not an issue. 

1 person likes this

Posted

they discussed it and i added that this is the only game like this.. and u still insist... you really should look for a game that please you then

Posted

they discussed it and i added that this is the only game like this.. and u still insist... you really should look for a game that please you then

Are you seriously just telling anyone that disagrees with you to go find another game?

The funy thing is, this response isn't even uncommon, and i get called selfish. 

Posted

I've always seen you as the type of person to address a point, not senselessly attack the player, this is a discussion on what's best for the game, not me. 

There comes a point where there is nothing else to be said about the issue itself. Because no matter what logical, or well thought out response I give to you, you ignore it. You must understand the points, otherwise you should be asking for help or clarification. So i'm only left with the assumption you've ignored them. You do not add anything to the discussion besides wahhh i want trading, stamping your feet by tossing out comic strip after comic strip, and making wild claims about the game because it won't give you what you want. If you want my responses to your points, go read the numerous threads where i've had to put up with you. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore than i have already because you clearly don't want to take anyone's points seriously.

You are a weed i want to pull from Black Desert. Whatever good you're trying to do by promoting multiplayer content via trading is destroyed by all the false claims you make about the game being single player etc. Your ranting about the problems as you see them is likely to turn away as many players as no trading does. 

Are you seriously just telling anyone that disagrees with you to go find another game?

The funy thing is, this response isn't even uncommon, and i get called selfish. 

Yes, go find another game. Anyone who wants to change an already released game into something that it's not at the expense of all the players currently enjoying it, just so they get what they want... is selfish. Especially when you can have your favorite features in other games while the few enjoying Black Desert can not. It really doesn't get much more selfish than that.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

wdywd_001.thumb.jpg.c10e4c5d490cc7e9fe01

Are these pics from a console game?

GO BACK TO YOUR CONSOLE.

Edited by WelshSteel

Posted

There comes a point where there is nothing else to be said about the issue itself. Because no matter what logical, or well thought out response I give to you, you ignore it. You must understand the points, otherwise you should be asking for help or clarification. So i'm only left with the assumption you've ignored them. You do not add anything to the discussion besides wahhh i want trading, stamping your feet by tossing out comic strip after comic strip, and making wild claims about the game because it won't give you what you want. If you want my responses to your points, go read the numerous threads where i've had to put up with you. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore than i have already because you clearly don't want to take anyone's points seriously.

You are a weed i want to pull from Black Desert. Whatever good you're trying to do by promoting multiplayer content via trading is destroyed by all the false claims you make about the game being single player etc. Your ranting about the problems as you see them is likely to turn away as many players as no trading does. 

Yes, go find another game. Anyone who wants to change an already released game into something that it's not at the expense of all the players currently enjoying it, just so they get what they want... is selfish. Especially when you can have your favorite features in other games while the few enjoying Black Desert can not. It really doesn't get much more selfish than that.

Your response to multiple examples of how it's single player only is, "No it's not" You simply chose not too, or can't, argue the point, because you don't feel it's important. 

There's only two points against player trade that has even made any sense, anyone that actually took the time to read through any of these threads would know that there is so many examples of how to add trade without allowing RMT that even discussing RMT at this point is laughable. My comics often dumb things down, in a satirical way, I've said that before, and false claims? I hope that's something you can back, because so far you can do nothing but ignore it, or say it's annoying. Yes, I am aware that it pisses you off that i call life skills single player, and despite your articulate and well mannered reasoned self declining rapidly to name calling, I understand you're just frustrated. 

There are plenty of people that desire trade that are playing the game already, the cons that come with trade are easily avoidable by the most simplistic of methods, or even very slightly more complicated ones. Saying that it's "at the expense of the current players" is a "false claim" Trade would ruin the game is a "false claim" you're just stomping your feet going "waaah no trade!" 

I mean, the reality is it's quite possible to add player trade without the cons listed in these threads, but people are not even interested in hearing it, they don't care, how selfish is that?

"Your ranting about the problems as you see them is likely to turn away as many players as no trading does."

That (false claim) genuinely made me laugh. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I would have posted sooner but I'm so busy usually playing the game that I don't read or post here much.

Thanks for reading.

An excellent explanation for all those moaners and whiners out there who don't seem to understand or appreciate the system.  Very sensibly and clearly written!  I'd give you an A* for that piece of work.  Well done! ;)

Posted (edited)

Apologies; it's late and I just stumbled upon this thread.

I'm a fairly strong supporter of free trade, but as I discussed with one of the -few- other rational members of this madhouse of a forum in another thread, I do see where you're coming from. That being said, my belief is that although our observations align, our conclusions differ based on our reasoning (and also based on what we deem "desirable" in the game's end state)

CP'd from my post on another thread, so forgive some tangential arguments that may not apply immediately to your OP

I'm open to rational discussion on this matter, and from what I've read you seem amiable enough, but unfortunately from what I've seen 99% of the time this topic degenerates into toxic bullshit from people either unwilling to learn / listen / understand or just trolling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This heavy regulation on trade is bad. Not simply because it limits interactions between friends and guild-mates; if that were the sole reason, I would be more understanding. This regulation is bad for the same reason why heavy-handed regulation doesn't work in real life: it's unhealthy for the economy and simple unfeasible. As many people have already stated, prices on the AH (which, by the way, is the -only- way to trade AND presents a hefty, hefty tax) are messed up. The inability to sell for a price chosen by the players, instead being constrained to a min-max system designed by a system unable to accurately grasp human valuation of items, cripples buying and selling. Items can change in price depending on context: I'd be much more willing to pay more for an item if I needed it desperately, say, to complete a quest, or if I were missing one final item to craft a larger item. Conversely, if I have no immediate need for an item, I'd be inclined to pay less. Furthermore, there is no room for innovation on behalf of the player, no room to spot trends and profit from intelligent play or specialization. Everyone is constrained to sell at more or less the same prices, which naturally de-incentivizes the production or trade of items that may otherwise be desirable for a lot of prospective buyers.

Arguments I have seen so far against free trade:

1. You're a goldseller!
This isn't an argument, this is stupidity. Bringing up a valid critique of a system does not automatically delegate me to "goldseller." Additionally, I really do not believe that "gold selling" is as apocalyptic a thing as people are somehow making it out to be, even more so on BDO. Crippling a significant feature such as trade is not the fix we want.

2. A few people will buy out the market, and prices will get messed up beyond repair!
You mean more than they are currently? Where half of the available items in the game can't be bought and the other half are set at prices that would otherwise have a far larger range of motion? You mean in an AH where the system takes a hefty chunk of 35% at prices that players may already consider too low? People bring up ridiculous notions of common items being "monopolized" and sold for ridiculous prices. This doesn't work, because every item in this game is obtainable by every player. Day 3 and people were already selling +15 high end weapons, which clearly says something about how easy it is to obtain things. Raw mats? Our slave- err, workers generate a huge surplus. If someone tried to sell for an outrageous price, any other player could exploit that stupidity and sell for less. That's the beauty of a free market: items are worth what people are willing to pay, meaning if the price reaches a point where players would rather gather the item for themselves instead of buy it, then they will, and the price will go back to a reasonable level.

3. This protects players against scammers! Easier for noobs! (I don't want to research prices!)
I hate this argument the most. Coddling people is rarely, if ever the best or even correct answer to a problem. If you buy something for far more than it is worth, it is entirely your fault. Unlike in the real world, where people can blackmail you, where resources are not equally accessible to all, we are playing a game where the only person you have to blame is yourself. Information is at your fingertips via the magic of the internet. You learn by being free to make decisions, not by being restricted to the point where you can only sell and buy at prices determined by the system. Let the players decide what items are worth, and prices will naturally adjust accordingly. If someone is willing to pay me 200% of what an item "normally" goes for on the AH, guess what? That item was contextually worth that 200%, and there is nothing wrong with that.

4. Lol work for yourself noob, you can get everything for free!

Gathering materials by myself IS NOT FREE, contrary to what many misinformed people believe. There is opportunity cost, time, and energy spent to consider. Any material I gather to craft instead of sell is silver lost. Crafting one item over another that might sell for a more profitable price in accordance to the AH is silver lost. Gathering raw materials and crafting takes time. Specifically with the energy system in place, items can be broadly valued based on their energy:price valuation. The bottom line is that you are essentially doing the same as buying an item if you gather it.

TL;DR: The restrictions on trade hurt the game, not help it. Not only does it stymie interaction between friends and guildmates, it also hurts the very thing it purports to protect (the economy) and trivializes the depth and potential this game has, especially with such a detailed crafting system and core gameplay centered around resource management.

I also don't see inequality is fundamentally being something that needs to be stamped out at all costs. Regardless of how you look at it, people will not be on level playing fields, whether it is because someone did more research, was more lucky, had more time to play the game, or what have you. Trade just opens another avenue for intelligent play. Will some people try to exploit that? Sure, but these are the type of people who would find alternative means to "Get ahead" anyways. Your enjoyment of the game shouldn't be hindered by someone else "being ahead" if they are willing to nolife their way into success (@ the example of running like 8 alts... the time it takes to legally PLAY 8 alts is already ridiculously mindboggling)

One more thing I fail to understand. Even assuming "worst" case scenarios where trade is "abused" for friends to give their low level friends items, why does this even matter? How does this affect you? Aside from a sense of moral outrage (Oh this noob got good stuff without working for it); we're playing a game, they didn't break the rules, and friends want to help friends. If gold selling somehow slips through and someone buys a ton of endgame armor, who really lost there... I would argue the idiot who shelled out money for pixels that are obtainable in game. Paying silver for an item in trade is a completely legitimate way to get an item. Someone multiboxing 10 accounts across 10 computers to "win" with free trade? I'd argue, once again, that they're the ones seriously losing, because who the hell has 10 accounts and 10 computers to run them on; even assuming VBox and other workarounds, if you're so out of touch with life that this is what you're doing, I'd say you "earned" it in the most "What the ----- are you doing with your life" way possible. Also, the type of person who would invest this type of disproportionate time, effort, and resources is also most likely the type of player who would A) bot to begin with, and therefore already be cheating B) "nolife" 24/7, thus already shooting above and beyond everyone else by merit of playing more or C) find some way to exploit the game so that they "win" it.

To everyone complaining that open trade would lead to a few "greedy individuals jacking up prices and monopolizing everything." Trade is good. People respond to incentives, and will pay accordingly; if someone tries to overcharge, the market fixes itself because everything in this game is obtainable to everyone AKA there ARE NO BARRIERS TO ENTRY

Like Gordon Gekko famously said: "

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

"

Edited by Oneiria
Added second paragraph of TL;DR
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This game could be better for who exactly? You want to change an existing feature to fit your needs and desires. That is completely different than improving a game. You can improve a game by adding new features, adjusting existing ones. Adjusting doesn't mean removing a feature and replacing it with the exact opposite. I'm trying to come up with an analogy where your requests for improvement are like shifting the continental plates but i can't make it happen. 

Is it alright if gamers in Star Wars wanted to replace the world with the Star Trek universe? They'd simply be expressing one way the game could be improved for them. Maybe everyone enjoying the game would tell them to go play a Star Trek game. Sound familiar? What if this happened in your favorite game right now? I'd love to hear what those games are, and see how you respond when myself and others go to the forums and request changes like this to improve the game.

Do you guys care at all about the players who enjoy Black Desert's systems as they are now? Or are you all just trying to turn every new MMO into your dream game and whoever's already found Black Desert to be their dream game... be damned? 

Complaining about the current system of no trade like it's broken is getting SOOO OLD. The same arguments about how Black Desert must follow the definitions of MMOs or Sandboxes is ridiculous. Even worse, so many of you think these games should follow your definitions. Do you have any idea how stale the gaming industry would be if every game that's been created past, present, and future was forced to conform to rules governed by some stupid labels like sandbox or MMO. Games need to evolve and change, popular games create genres. That's what MMOs and sandboxes are, nothing more. They are not a set of rules to be followed and when developers try something different, the game is not broken either. If the developers decided to label Black Desert as a new genre like MMOFU, would everyone screaming for change accept the game in its current state? Would you all say, "Oh this is an MMOFU, by definition it doesn't have trade, all us MMORPG gamers should look elsewhere." I honestly think this is what it will take to shut some people up.

I really get the feeling you don't want games targeted at another audience. You two would make good MMO sandbox inspectors. You can inspect new games and make sure they check every box on your list before they are allowed release. If one slips through the cracks, you can spam the forums until you fix it.

It's great that you really like parts of Black Desert... but just because you like 25%, 50%, maybe 75% of the game, it doesn't entitle you to change the remaining percent. This game and any game for that matter are allowed to target a different audience. Black Desert's audience are the players all around you saying how much they like no trade. 

I'm coining this term now, "I love my MMOFU's!" :x

tIYB9v0.gif

Edited by Spawn
1 person likes this

Posted

Another post that contains nothing but bullshit to justify the retarded design decisions this glorified singleplayer game is taking. Well done daum fanboys, you guys always give me a good chuckle :^)

2 people like this

Posted

This explains how BDO is an equal opportunity game, how and why it works, and why it will attracts players that enjoy this kind of gameplay.

Equal oppurtunity game, you mean like nerfing XP rates a week into release, or stats on costumes. Not complaining as i'm already past the soft cap and have costumes, but i'm sure other players would think otherwise.