• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

122 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Alternative Map for EU/NA Servers - Want your input!

9u4A3G.png

Community Post

Reddit | Discord | Community Forum | Community Map

Please note, this IS a work in progress and many things are constantly changing / evolving to the needs of our users.

So, i've noticed that other maps like BDOTome look quite outdated, have incorrect information for the EU/NA servers, generally can be misleading and missing crucial information such as gathering spots. So, due to this, i've started making my own interactive map here which i'd love your input on.

We're going to be populating this map with only accurate information obtained by either myself, the people with access to the map, or others that post in our forum.

If you have any suggestions etc then feel free to post them on our forums, thanks!

Want something added? Check here!

Applying for an account? Check here!

You can draw Polygons and other shapes too! Check the top left menu options! Click the "Draw Polygon" option in the top left, and draw away! Once you are done drawing your area, finalize it. You can then screenshot that and post here with info, and we'll get to adding it!

Once it's added to the map, it'll look like this;

2T9c64.png

Alternatively, if you wish to be actively documenting a lot of areas, you can contact me via PM or discord about an editor account.

Thanks for your time guys!

If you want to donate towards further development (which is totally not a requirement!), then click here

Edited by Phoenixf129
Updated Map URL
44 people like this

Posted

Great map thanks alot

1 person likes this

Posted

No problem man, glad to help!

If anyone has any suggestions of what I should add next, blast away! Information on new things is always cool!

Posted

Thanks a bunch for the updated map makes life a bit easier :D 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Loving the tree locations. This will be amazing for gatherers once the ores and plants are added. In case you plan on adding all the nodes and how they connect, bdtome seems 99% accurate for me so far with the exception that its missing a connection from delphe castle to dias farm. I havent done a ton of mining or gathering but here's a few spots ive found to get things started.

IlA7SVi.jpg0IYKvQ1.jpg822Gnhg.jpg

Edited by StevenIsBallin
2 people like this

Posted

Ah cool, sorry for the late reply, been so busy this week! I will get to adding those later tonight/this weekend! Thanks again. If anyone else has any information they'd like adding, hit me up!

Posted

What a great map, I love this community. This is also far easier to read and search than the one i have been using.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What a great map, I love this community. This is also far easier to read and search than the one i have been using.

Thanks!

Just Added some layer editing tools for the more savvy of you (Just click Tools in the bar bottom right, and see your top left menu), you're now able to make a polygon and send me the "Point Reference", which is a fancy name for each point in lat/longditude on click, so you can draw on the map yourself!

This'll also help if you guys wish to expand the map as you're now directly able to copy/paste the useful information straight into this thread!

Like so:

1z0V8H.png

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted

I probably won't be documenting all of the nodes, however, on the contrary, I do wish to make a contribution calculator, so we will see about that.

The map is great so far but this would for sure be very helpfull, if in the future it would be possible please do this. Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The map is great so far but this would for sure be very helpfull, if in the future it would be possible please do this. Keep up the good work!

I updated the OP with more information, getting Point References, drawing your own shapes. I may expand the map to have other useful tools later. The sky is the limit!

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted

I drew a circle where a fishing hotspot is, but cant add any information, like to name it, describe or anything. How do I do that, ive tried clicking everything, even using the Polygon tool, it wont let me edit that edit box with the point references!

Posted (edited)

I drew a circle where a fishing hotspot is, but cant add any information, like to name it, describe or anything. How do I do that, ive tried clicking everything, even using the Polygon tool, it wont let me edit that edit box with the point references!

Hi, you can't do that currently, and it won't save. I may automate this in future, however it'd be heavily moderated.

Instead you want to paste the Point References into this thread, with the other information- following the template in the OP and i'll add it for everyone to see!

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted

I've been looking for a better map since I started, and this looks perfect once you add more. Unfortunately I'm a filthy casual and can't contribute much but I book marked it.

Great work sir/madam. Seriously, this is promising. 

Posted

Awesome map, one request. Can you make the functional bar on the right collapsible to be able to pseudo make the map full screen?

I like the roll up on the legend but would also like to collapse the whole bar.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Awesome map, one request. Can you make the functional bar on the right collapsible to be able to pseudo make the map full screen?

I like the roll up on the legend but would also like to collapse the whole bar.

You already can! Click the i button in the top left :)

You can also toggle fullscreen etc from there.

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted

Very well done!

Cant wait to see the finished product!

1 person likes this

Posted

mmm... since you're creating maps, can you do a city facilities map ? Need to be able to properly calculate my investment in those...

Posted

Kick ass map! Thanks OP I will use this daily.

Posted

I realy like your idea, I am sure many people will have use of this once it is completed!

Posted

Been hoping there was something like this out there when I was first leveling up my gathering.  Would be a great tool when its filled out.

Posted

I'm not sure if gathering for items like skins/meat outside of ores and plants are available, but figured I'd chip in. I'd love for this map to be more of a where to find certain things. I also found some cotton the other day, but don't know the specific spots. I'll add to this if I so happen to be there again.

Category: Red Meat/Skin/Gathering

Name: Boar Hunting Spot

Description: Boars with a few bears around

Point/Points Reference:

[[-73.55330167929105,-63.32519531249999],[-73.56573904345419,-60.66650390624999],[-73.24571219962083,-59.61181640625],[-73.18225565167008,-57.76611328124999],[-73.45347276327497,-55.56884765625],[-73.08663301263717,-55.30517578124999],[-72.7314816244933,-56.99707031249999],[-72.88087095711502,-58.73291015624999],[-72.89380193362285,-59.78759765625],[-72.7249578420239,-60.68847656249999],[-72.76406472320436,-63.54492187500001],[-73.32785809840696,-64.3798828125]]

1 person likes this

Posted

Any chance you can add Treasure Chest locations?

Posted (edited)

Any chance you can add Treasure Chest locations?

Sure, if you give me a list of their positions! (You can do this by enabling Dev mode and clicking anywhere on the map for a vector!)

EDIT: actually, scrap that. I've found a nice list of them, i'll get to adding those later after I convert the whole system to PHP. (More power, more automation.)

You guys'll be happy to know that i've pretty spent all of today rewriting the entire system. PHP backend, JS frontend. Now I can have some fun!

...not to mention how much easier it is to add a new markertype/markers now. It's just one row in my database!

Edited by Phoenixf129
1 person likes this

Posted

Cool Map :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Cool Map :)

Just finished moving everything to an automated environment, admins/moderators now have the ability to add, edit and remove layers/markers/icons/legend. This allows me to put together a team, which will be done in the near future, however there is a lot of trust that comes with this role. 

I may extend the login system to users, so they can create, document and share their own maps with their friends in the future, it's all possible now!

Please note, there are a lot of placeholder images that will be replaced in the final version, all images are subject to change as we adapt and evolve them towards a standard we are happy with!

We(Myself and Kitty) are working hard on this, I hope it's useful to you guys!

If there's anything you guys would like to see added, don't hesitate to post!