• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

122 posts in this topic

Posted

info on mobs would be awesome, like what level they around what area of the map, how much xp they give per mob, that kind of thing

but I'm gessing that's too much to ask, haven't seen any of this info on any of the RU or Korean maps

Posted

info on mobs would be awesome, like what level they around what area of the map, how much xp they give per mob, that kind of thing

but I'm gessing that's too much to ask, haven't seen any of this info on any of the RU or Korean maps

I am happy with adding new layers if people want to document them! I'm currently redesigning the administration system for the map, once that's done i'll start looking at putting together a team of individuals :)

Posted

some nodes don't even exist in the game.. get that fixed or im using bdotome

Posted (edited)

Thanks

Edited by boo4u

Posted (edited)

some nodes don't even exist in the game.. get that fixed or im using bdotome

Oh? And what nodes would those be? I don't see any inaccurate information being displayed. I did however output a few test markers, but they were clearly marked as tests.

On the other hand, there is a whole lot of missing documentation and I spent all day today working on this;

7e6524.png

This is what we see, admin's now have editing tools. 

Once the icon set is done, we'll be working on adding all of the data we can collate, if you have any suggestions etc then don't hesitate to post, thanks!

Edited by Phoenixf129
1 person likes this

Posted

Great map.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just a heads up, the map URL has moved, however auto-redirection is in place for those that don't frequent the forum :)

The admin system is completely finished, those of us with login and access are able to add/remove markers, polygons, etc at a click of a button!

If anyone wishes to help me document the map, then don't hesitate to message me! The more the merrier.

Posted (edited)

So is the map no longer editable without being an Admin? I have tried both Dev mode and tools (And both at the same time) but nothing works. If this was not intended just hope it can be fixed.

Edited by MonsieurBMW
Wrong ending for Sentence.

Posted (edited)

So is the map no longer editable without being an Admin? I have tried both Dev mode and tools (And both at the same time) but nothing works. If this was not intended just hope it can be fixed.

The map was never editable by users, at least in the way you imagine. Everything that you edited before was clientside. Only you could see it.

You cannot add points to the map directly for everyone to see as it's already been abused once, sorry :(

Instead, however, there will be a moderation team that has access to add/remove/edit information to the map.

You can now copy node links to display to your friends, I will think about making what you are asking a possibility. :) Thanks for your input!

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted

The map was never editable by users, at least in the way you imagine. Everything that you edited before was clientside. Only you could see it.

You cannot add points to the map directly for everyone to see as it's already been abused once, sorry :(

Instead, however, there will be a moderation team that has access to add/remove/edit information to the map.

You can now copy node links to display to your friends, I will think about making what you are asking a possibility. :) Thanks for your input!

Well what I was meaning was to client side edit, it seems to be disabled or something.

Posted (edited)

Well what I was meaning was to client side edit, it seems to be disabled or something.

Ah sorry! My bad. I managed to break it when I did an update, fixed it now, thanks for letting me know :) 

Edited by Phoenixf129

Posted (edited)

Ah sorry! My bad. I managed to break it when I did an update, fixed it now, thanks for letting me know :) 

Brilliant! Thank you for such a quick response, you are doing really good on this map. Thank you so much for it! :D

I also noticed that the Heidel Arena (Just north of Heidel) was not on the map. Here is the Screenshot for the exact location. :3

Heidel Arena.png

PS. Sorry that I did not use the exact format that you said, just thought it was something small that could be added quickly.

Edited by MonsieurBMW
Apology
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh man this is the best map i've seen so far. Thank you so much.

I'd love it if people would start filing in the locations of mobs. Sometimes I feel like going hunting for meat. Like foxes or boars and so on but I have no idea where the mobs are. So that would be awesome if this map had that :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh man this is the best map i've seen so far. Thank you so much.

I'd love it if people would start filing in the locations of mobs. Sometimes I feel like going hunting for meat. Like foxes or boars and so on but I have no idea where the mobs are. So that would be awesome if this map had that :)

Thanks! 

What you've asked is totally a possiblity. However, it all comes down to manpower.

I just uploaded our new iconset, how does that look guys?

1 person likes this

Posted

not sure if it is ok to ask for this, but do you have a base copy of the map you can share? husband and i are trying to get a printed version for our wall, but all the ones i have found are too pixelzy when sized up

Posted

The new iconset looks great! Keep up all the hard work. :D

Posted

The new iconset looks great! Keep up all the hard work. :D

Send your love to kitty for those! She did an amazing job!

Posted (edited)

This looks like it could be everything the previous maps were lacking, and more.

I will bookmark this and keep it in mind, and if I get some sort of organized set of useful pieces of information, I'll send it your way.

Here's my brainstorm of stuff to add:

From us:

• Locations of skill point quests
  • Locations of unique merchants with a list of stuff they sell(furniture merchants for example)
  • Locations of named Workers
  • Asking the devs to make an API so that some of this is 95% less painful to collect
  • I'm trying to think of some way to feasibly mark pieces of knowledge, but it's tough due to how much of it there is with different types and some of them are tied to quest chains, so that would be iffy.

From you:

• A search button that searches in the name and description of markers(say you search for "pig hide" you would get the locations of mobs that drop it filtered)
  • How about a hierarchical thing for the Legend (like the way atm every marker is a "child" of the "All Markers" button) - for when we end up with tens of groups. (I'm thinking "Gathering" group, "Quest" group, "NPC" group, etc)
  • An account system that was mentioned earlier to add custom markers that are tied to your account. This could probably be overdeveloped, so just keep it simple :P

Good luck, can't wait to see future improvements, and I will contribute when I feel that I'm competent enough about the game.

Edited by Metemer
Locations of named Workers

Posted

Loving the map! Already worked on many of the Horse Spawn Locations and it's looking awesome, thanks for sharing this with me and letting me contribute to the project. :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Loving the map! Already worked on many of the Horse Spawn Locations and it's looking awesome, thanks for sharing this with me and letting me contribute to the project. :D

Thanks for your input :D

I made it so markers who are made by the community are automatically credited to their creator (I.e. the person who adds it to the map).

Those with access can only edit and delete their own markers to prevent any kind of abuse that might happen in the future.

You can now see who made the marker by clicking on it. This is viewable by all.

If anyone would like to be a collaborator and have accurate regular information, just let me know and i'll make you an account :)

Edited by Phoenixf129
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for your input :D

I made it so markers who are made by the community are automatically credited to their creator (I.e. the person who adds it to the map).

Those with access can only edit and delete their own markers to prevent any kind of abuse that might happen in the future.

You can now see who made the marker by clicking on it. This is viewable by all.

If anyone would like to be a collaborator and have accurate regular information, just let me know and i'll make you an account :)

This is awesome!! Thanks so much. I'll get on the rest of those horse spots soon. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

This is awesome!! Thanks so much. I'll get on the rest of those horse spots soon. :)

No worries! Just pushed another update;

When you load a marker url, the map will now load the associated layers.

The legend options will now save, no longer resets on reload - much needed feature there haha!

Posted (edited)

This is amazing! One thing that is missing though are worker specific nodes (ore, lumber, farm, excavation) and what areas they connect to. Do you need in-game screen shots for these or just didnt feel they were necessary?

Edited by ezcheez

Posted

Very good map, not as a criticism but just to help make it as good as it can be here is some feedback:

I know of about 3 other treasure chests not listed and 2 or so on your map I don't think actually exist.

The Tree Spirit boss isn't listed.

Grind spots should have levels specified.

Here is a guide with gathering spots indicated. Would be nice if something similar could be added to your map:

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/22/gathering-guide/

One or two horse spawning points not listed. This map here is correct as far as I can tell.

0Ba8ECU.jpg

Very good map though, looks really slick with a great layout and easy to read. Good work.

Posted (edited)

This is amazing! One thing that is missing though are worker specific nodes (ore, lumber, farm, excavation) and what areas they connect to. Do you need in-game screen shots for these or just didnt feel they were necessary?

The nodes (ore, lumber, excavation, connector, outpost) in general will probably come in an update later over time (unless someone wants to document them), once icons are made for them i'll add them to the legend, I personally don't have the time to add the functionality and document at the same time, but we'll see what I can do :)

Thanks for your input!

Edited by Phoenixf129