• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Ecology Knowledge - Part I (Eastern Balenos)

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

# INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone. I'm currently working on a guide with the full Ecology Knowledge currently available on BDO (EU/NA). However, since it might take me some time to gather and confirm the whole information, I've decided to release the this guide by parts and eventually wrap it up together.

Please notice this is not meant to be a guide explaining the whole knowledge system - there's plenty of guides out there for this.

Also, take into consideration that this is a work in progress and it will suffer alterations in the future. If you have any suggestions or corrections please do reply to this thread or send me a private message.

# BEFORE WE GET STARTED

What can you accomplish by following this guide:

• If you haven't completed any of the ecology tiers yet, collecting the whole knowledge on the Ecology of Eastern Balenos will increase your energy pool by 6 points
  • I'll give you my suggestions for clusters that will allow you to efficiently get knowledge with minimum traveling
  • Maybe you'll get some decent drops since you will be smashing a lot of bad guys anyway

Things to know beforehand:

• There are several ways of obtaining knowledge. For ecology you'll be killing mobs, destroying objects and gathering stuff.
  • In order to obtain full knowledge on the ecology of Eastern Balenos I would recommend having a character at least at level 14.
  • The locations presented in this guide are my suggestions for efficient knowledge gathering. Some mobs can be found in many other spots.
  • This is one of those things you should be doing while sitting back, relaxing and chatting with friends (or enjoying some music). If you're feeling stressed out, just leave it to a better day.
  • It is recommended to read the FAQ before you get started (bottom of the guide).

Make sure you read this TIP:

• Before you start your adventure I would suggest heading to a Material Vendor and buy most gathering tools (at least butcher/tanning knife and pickaxe). Why? Because even though you will get knowledge from killing mobs and destroying objects, there are some mobs that have a very annoying spawn rate (ie: stoneback crab). So if you fail on getting knowledge by killing a mob you can imeediatly use a corresponding gathering tool to get another shot on getting the knowledge. In other words, both killing or gathering can be used to obtain the same knowledge.

## ALRIGHT LET'S DO IT ##

First things first: the keybind. In order to check if you already have knowledge on a mob, press "H" > Ecology > Ecology of Eastern Balenos. Needless to say, the items shown as "??????" are the ones you'll need to get. You can see the name of the item by hovering your mouse cursor over it. You can also check how many energy points you will be rewarded by completing each tier. For the Ecology of Eastern Balenos (referred to as EEB for now on, for sanity sake) we got 3 tiers of knowledge: Beasts, Imps and Goblins, granting a total of 6 energy points.

ZOKSkhf.jpg

The following table has all knowledge to be collected. Location and average mob level included.

MOB TYPELOCATIONAVERAGE MOB LVL
Baby boarBalenos Forest9
Stoneback crabFleme Hills11
Balenos bearBalenos Forest12
BoarBalenos Forest12
WolfEhwaz Hill7
FoxPlain of Balenos6
WeaselPlain of Balenos5
Grass beetleBalenos Forest4
Parasitic beeAny farm around VELIA4
Gray boarForest of Seclusion12
Gray wolfForest of Seclusion12
Gray foxAggris Steppe11
Plain stoneback crabAggris Steppe11
Mature tree spiritForest of Seclusion13
Immature tree spiritForest of Seclusion12
Young tree spiritForest of Seclusion11
Imp altarAggris Steppe9
Imp amuletAggris Steppe9
Imp defense towerAggris Steppe9
Steel imp wizardAggris Steppe12
Steel imp warriorAggris Steppe13
Steel impAggris Steppe11
Imp wizardAggris Steppe9
Imp raiderAggris Steppe9
Imp soldierAggris Steppe9
Goblin giant sculptureEhwaz Hill14
Goblin giant towerEhwaz Hill14
Goblin cauldronEhwaz Hill14
Goblin watchtowerEhwaz Hill14
Goblin elite soldierEhwaz Hill18
Goblin shamanEhwaz Hill17
Goblin throwerEhwaz Hill13
Goblin fighterEhwaz Hill14
GoblinEhwaz Hill14

Please notice the locations added in the table are based on my suggestions for "cluster farming". In other words, I selected map locations where you'll be able to find more than one of the mob types needed to complete the knowledge tree.

## CLUSTERS ##

Before we get on with it, there are just two mob types I didn't include in the cluster locations: Parasitic Bee and Stoneback Crab. So let's start with them.

Parasitic Bee

Can be found basically in any farm around Velia. I'd be surprised if you didn't have knowledge unlocked on this mob already.

Stoneback Crab

Can be found in the Fleme Hills, Southwest of Velia. This mob has a very low spawn rate which can be frustrating at times. Make sure you bring a pickaxe and mine the corpse if you don't get the knowledge at first.

5Uw52XQ.jpg

Baby boar, Balenos Bear, Boar and Grass Beetle

All these mobs can be found in Balenos Forest, South of Velia.

Qw3vib0.jpg

Fox and Weasel

Located in Plain of Balenos, Southwest of Velia.

8HeRcca.jpg

Mature tree spirit, Immature tree spirit, Young tree spirit, Gray wolf and Gray boar

Can all be found in the Forest of Seclusion, west of Toscani Farm.

g96CwY4.jpg

Wolf and ALL Goblins

Cluster found Northeast of Velia. Be careful not to go too far north since it's a high level zone.

FLRgSJm.jpg

Gray fox, Plain stoneback crab and ALL Imps

Can be found all over Aggris Steppe and Aggris Altar.

XTprnt2.jpg

## FAQ ##

Q1 - Why should I bother doing this?
A1 - You can increase your mana pool by getting knowledge on different categories. One of those categories is Ecology, which will be the subject of this series of guides.

Q2 - So how many parts will the whole Ecology series have?
A1 - Currently, four: Eastern Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon and Leader.

Q3 - Do I have to spend contribution or energy points for this?
A1 - No. You can, however, use energy to increase the speed of things. Check "tips" section.

Q4 - Will I be in much disadvantage if I don't do this?
A4 - This is one of those questions I really only have one answer to: it all depends on what you want to accomplish in this game. Energy and contribution points are two big features, but from what I've seen you can be sucessful without crazy amounts of either one.

EDIT: Just created a spreadsheet (googledocs) version for those who'd rather see the information in this format. You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/jlyz5nm

Edited by FalseFiction
Added spreadsheet link.
21 people like this

Posted (edited)

bookmarkign this shit

I hope you do all the regions this is cool.

Edited by SakariFoxx

Posted

bookmarkign this shit

I hope you do all the regions this is cool.

I'm working on it. Should be able to release Serendia within the next few days, if we don't get all this massive server maintenances.

Meanwhile, I've created a spreadsheet version.

http://tinyurl.com/jlyz5nm

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much! Keep up the good work :)

Posted

Awesome, thanks!

Posted

Thank you so much! Keep up the good work :)

Awesome, thanks!

You're welcome. Please be patient - Serendia's Ecology is much bigger than Balenos. It's taking me some time to finish it. Meanwhile, have a good weekend ;)

Posted

Dude ur awesome .. Thank you :) .. keep up the good work 

Posted

You sir are  a legend :) been searching for them damn pigs for few days :@)

good man

Posted

You're missing a category under Eastern Balenos.

Untitled.png

Also what I do when I'm looking for knowledge is head on over to this website:

http://bddatabase.net/us/

Then I type in the name of the thing I need in the search field in the upper right.  It's important that you click on the NPC selection.  For example if you type in "Serendia Bear" you'll see 4 options pop down.  The first is the knowledge item, the second is the NPC, then the last two are the knowledge itself.  You want the NPC link which when you click on it usually will usually give you the link with a map on it as seen here.  Then you know this extremely rare beast is actually only on that one tiny spot in all of Serendia.

Using this method you can fill in any Knowledge gaps you might have for Ecology, but again there are a few that don't show up.

If you're higher level be prepared, you're going to get a lot of people upset that you're 50 coming back and clearing out "X" type of "Red Orc."  This is especially true on the weekends.  I find the Ghillie Suit is handy for avoiding angry tells and war decs since they don't know who you are long as you keep quiet :)

There's also a NPC in Calpheon in the south east side that will let you clear knowledge for 10 energy per.  So if you get a bunch of "C" grade knowledge and want to upgrade it, you can log an alt out there for energy regen, clear out the knowledge, then switch back to your main right there and keep clearing until you get a higher grade of knowledge.  I usually only recommend you do that for ones you want to farm later such as Scarcrows, Al Rundis, Cultists, Red Orcs, etc etc etc the usual grind locations you'd level alts with (if you choose to spend energy like that at all).

Posted

You're missing a category under Eastern Balenos.

Untitled.png

Also what I do when I'm looking for knowledge is head on over to this website:

http://bddatabase.net/us/

Then I type in the name of the thing I need in the search field in the upper right.  It's important that you click on the NPC selection.  For example if you type in "Serendia Bear" you'll see 4 options pop down.  The first is the knowledge item, the second is the NPC, then the last two are the knowledge itself.  You want the NPC link which when you click on it usually will usually give you the link with a map on it as seen here.  Then you know this extremely rare beast is actually only on that one tiny spot in all of Serendia.

Using this method you can fill in any Knowledge gaps you might have for Ecology, but again there are a few that don't show up.

If you're higher level be prepared, you're going to get a lot of people upset that you're 50 coming back and clearing out "X" type of "Red Orc."  This is especially true on the weekends.  I find the Ghillie Suit is handy for avoiding angry tells and war decs since they don't know who you are long as you keep quiet :)

There's also a NPC in Calpheon in the south east side that will let you clear knowledge for 10 energy per.  So if you get a bunch of "C" grade knowledge and want to upgrade it, you can log an alt out there for energy regen, clear out the knowledge, then switch back to your main right there and keep clearing until you get a higher grade of knowledge.  I usually only recommend you do that for ones you want to farm later such as Scarcrows, Al Rundis, Cultists, Red Orcs, etc etc etc the usual grind locations you'd level alts with (if you choose to spend energy like that at all).

Thanks for the reply. Please notice the guide was made before Mediah's release. I'll update it soon. As for the database, yes you can find most information there but I just find their map might be confusing for some people. My only goal is to make players' life easier with proper screenshots and cluster indications ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

@EverSoSailor That was kinda rude and obnoxious, beside being completely off topic.

Guide looks awesome! Bookmarked and saved to my little list of awesome pieces of info. (pocket bible, if you will) I wonder how you found out the levels of the mobs? The hard way of visiting them with a character of around that level and using the colors as indication, or some easy way I'm unaware of?

Posted

Thanks for the reply. Please notice the guide was made before Mediah's release. I'll update it soon. As for the database, yes you can find most information there but I just find their map might be confusing for some people. My only goal is to make players' life easier with proper screenshots and cluster indications ;)

The Exiles of Mediah were in before Mediah patch at Cron Castle.  They're actually around level 46 and were for original release content for daily missions/targets at 50.

Posted

that category was there before mediah release.

If you don't even have knowledge of 1 mob in the category. the category wont show at all.

Posted

The Exiles of Mediah were in before Mediah patch at Cron Castle.  They're actually around level 46 and were for original release content for daily missions/targets at 50.

that category was there before mediah release.

If you don't even have knowledge of 1 mob in the category. the category wont show at all.

I did not know this, my bad. I'll make sure to check it out as soon as I can. Thanks again.

@EverSoSailor That was kinda rude and obnoxious, beside being completely off topic.

Guide looks awesome! Bookmarked and saved to my little list of awesome pieces of info. (pocket bible, if you will) I wonder how you found out the levels of the mobs? The hard way of visiting them with a character of around that level and using the colors as indication, or some easy way I'm unaware of?

Thanks! ;) I did it as I leveled up since I already had planned to release this sort of guides back when I was playing on KR server. But you can check the bddatabase website aswell.

Posted (edited)

Hey, could you explain me why I don't have it closed ? I got all 4 above completed..DsvJCas.png

Edited by Dawidow

Posted (edited)

Anyone finished Ecology - Fish Species? ..There are just 3 knowlendge  -fish at swap,fish at demirevery - this  two have alrdy obtained. But idk what is thirt, if i scroll on it it will not show name  as usually

Edited by Laffy

Posted (edited)

Hello all. Sorry for bumping this thread but I would just like to thank you all for the likes and donations for both this and my Worker's guides.

I've been struggling with a chronic desease so I haven't been playing at all and I probably won't be until I get better.

Again, thank you for all the support.

Edited by FalseFiction