• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Black Desert Online Forums I had an idea to start a suggestion megathread that will be updated every 2-3 day with some of the most popular suggestions! Each suggestion will be separated by category, and suggestions that are popular from the comment section will be added every 2-3 days with the person who suggested it tagged in the post! To start off the Thread I will add my few suggestions to the game :) Hope everyone enjoys this!

Life Skills

• Fishing
    • Allow us to use Pearl Shop and Map while fishing.
    • Make fish knowledge tell us where you can find certain fish.
  • Gathering
  • Processing
  • Cook
  • Alchemy
  • Training
  • Hunting
  • Trade
  • Farming

Pearl Shop

• Pricing
  • User Interface
    • Allow the use of the Pearl Shop when not idle.
  • Other

Misc

• Map
    • Personal notes on map. (BigPun)
  • Other
    • Ability to mute the game if it is running in the background. (BunjiKugashira)
    • Ability to turn off other players models including their mounts.
    • Ability to Ctrl+Click links to go to the webpage from ingame.
    • Toggle able walking. (BunjiKugashira)
    • Make reporting have no energy cost. (BunjiKungashira)(Korriander)
    • Make deletion of characters below lvl 15 instant. (BunjiKungashira)

Housing

PvP

Guilds

Edited by Miseror
Edit #2: Added more suggestions!
2 people like this

Posted

Here is a link to my thread about the Knowledge System and an update to it, if you'd like to add it to the megathread.

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a good idea especially for small features that require no discussion and are not worth opening a whole thread for. And since I have some ideas that fit that category I'll start now. ;D

* Add an option to mute the game if it runs in the background. Especially if you close the game to tray it should no longer be audible.

* Make RMT-Spambots reportable without loosing energy. We're basically trying to help you get rid of these pests and you charge us 30 energy for our help. Nice going.

* Make walking toggleable. When I want to walk around instead of running (for immersion purposes or because the quest donkey is too slow) I don't want to keep that key pressed down. A toggle would be better.

* Headtracking. Do you have any idea how much more immersive you can make a game simply by making actors look at other actors? Just add a little interest system ((Is the actor talking to me? yes:1000, no:0) + movement speed - distance to actor) and have every pc and npc track their actor with the highest interest score.

* Make the game accept 'e' in addition to enter for accepting stuff. Enter is just too far away from the most common hand position to not rebind it or provide an alternative.

* Continue regenerating energy when logged out. It shouldn't be hard to check the log-out time upon log-in and award the same amount of energy as the player would've gained by running the game in the background. This should also take into account wether the player was sleeping in a bed when logging out or not.

* Make the pearl-shop and character rework panel available while doing other stuff. Most players would love to browse the shop while fishing, cooking, sleeping, traveling, etc. Just force-close the shop / character rework panel upon receiving damage like you already do with npc conversations.

* Add links to your ingame wiki (F2). While I use this tool mostly for cooking recipes it still infuriates me that there are no links. When a recipe tells me that I need flour, then I just want to click 'flour' to see it's recipe instead of searching the whole list. If it tells me I need chicken meat, then I want to click 'chicken meat' to see a map with all nodes highlighted where I can farm chicken meat.

* Creating and advertising an official player driven wiki is also a good idea. It would be even better if this wiki was also accessible ingame. Though it may be already too late since the information is scattered over several wikis and the dedicated wiki-contributors have picked their favourites.

Edited by BunjiKugashira

Posted (edited)

personal notes on map..

for noting type of trees, ore nodes, skining mobs etc...

Edited by BigPun
2 people like this

Posted

Ooh, I really like the suggestions above, and agree with them. Here are some things I'd like to see:

• A prompt to purchase the game during the last day of the guest pass period (just as a reminder to users to buy instead of suddenly being told to wait until March 2nd for release)
  • Edit the NPC/Quest grammar. Possibly encourage user reports for dialogue to help correct errors. This can help clean up some of the typos and grammar from the translation faster than staff reading it one at a time.
  • Add a family share/link family accounts. This can make it easier for family members to locate each other as the friend list can get messy with multiple friends.
  • Make reporting have no energy cost. This is super important, so I'm listing it like many have before (as well as Bunji above). We are trying to help. If not that, then add constant moderators into the game whether they are hired or user volunteers. You have a community willing to help make the game better and less spammed, so please let us help.

I'm probably going to come back and add more later or open a topic if I don't see one relating to an idea.

Posted

personal notes on map..

for noting type of trees, ore nodes, skining mobs etc...

I love this idea, can't believe I didn't think of it!

Posted

Here's another one: Make deletion of characters below lvl 15 instant. Or make changing the appearance of a character below lvl 15 free. I often create a character only to realise that a color is just a hue too dark or bright, the eyes look weird or the hair is clipping into my armor.

Posted

Bump :3

Posted

Rework the Special deals window in some way, either integrate it into the UI or make the icon bigger and more flashy, maybe like when your pet is out of food.

Make the inventory window resizable so that we can do less/more items per row as prefered.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0