• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] BDO on Steam?

BDO on steam?   805 votes

1. 1. Would you want BDO to be available on Steam too?

• Yes, because.. (leave comment below)
    • No, because.. (leave comment below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Posted

Simple poll on request :) 
Leave a comment after voting?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes due to higher publicity. No cause there's no real point apart from that, it just makes maintaining the game more of a pain in the ass IMO.

I kind of feel like Steam isn't exactly the best choice for a MMORPG though, and that's kind of after seeing a few on Steam that looked like half-dead communities with non-up-to-date forums/notices (all of a sudden it's bad publicity).

So no idea what to vote...

EDIT: Nice name btw, pretty funny when I first saw.

Edited by Scout

Posted

Yes because it will give a good early boost from the start. There are so many players that make money out of steam, just to spend it in games. Plus it makes it much easier to buy from if you already got money in it.

Basically it is much easier to make the jump of buying a game on steam then to actually reach for you paypal acount or something. There is so much money going around steam acounts, that it makes so much smoother to buy the game. Plus the fact that people will see friends playing it on steam, might lure more in and so on...there are so many reasons why this should happen eventually.

Posted

I voted No, because I don't think the game requires more publicity than it already has. Steam charges percentages from cash shop sales, so that might actually result in slightly increasing cash shop prices.

15 people like this

Posted

Yes, just look at Tera when it launched at steam it went popular.

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, because why not? Steam is very popular in both EU and NA and I'm pretty sure that many players will run BD with steam overlay anyway.

Posted

Yes because steam is huge. I'm certain it would see a large amount of people introduced to the game.

Posted

Marketing would be good to have maybe a steady even if it would be a slow stream of newer players. Steam is widely used so it couldn't hurt much.

Posted

Yes, because of em' achievements. :D

Posted

Yes, because of em' achievements. :D

Hahaha this, also the advertisment would be huge, a lot of players that maybe don't even have heard of the game will buy it even just to try it if is on steam.

Posted

I votes YES myself too, because it has a huuuuuuge audience with a lot of MMORPG lovers! This means that our population would increase bigtime!
A bigger audience is profitable not just for us, but also for Daum!
Lets say steam brings in 500.000 players extra. even if 1% spends 10 Euro in cashshop. this is already 50.000 Euro extra profit! Cashshop sales are NOT shared with Steam. The ONLY costs that are shared are the one of purchasing the GAME itself. 
The costs that DAUM pays to Valve's Steam, it simply a INVESTMENT for themselves! They WILL get their money out of it guaranteed!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello .

I will vote YES !

Why ?

Because i always used Steam to plays games , some people who know Steam and is not trusting Websites with their own launcher .

They know Steam are 100% Legit and could easially buy the game.

Also , im lucky with CS:GO Knifes for Exemples i could sell some knifes to put it in Steam Wallet and Add Pearls with my Steam Wallet.

IT HAVE TO BE AT THE RELEASE !

It could have some Tradable Cards , There will be community Forum's too , Archivements , Steam Hours !

100% Agreed. 

Edited by Alirys
2 people like this

Posted

Makes steam overlay with 100% support would be too good to missout, aswell that would add the Gift system to the game some ppl want in a fair cash shop!

Gift your friends a Steam Card and they buy their own cosmetics :)

(that isnt really steam exclusive i know can happen the same way with paysafecard or so on but yeah almost every pc gamer uses steam so why not? :) )

Posted

absolutely - they are going to need to keep the door revolving - steam will present the application to a much larger market - normally i would say no but in this case i think BDO honestly will benefit from it

Posted

Even Steam would be better, than the horrible GameNet launcher running in background permanently (that's the russian version). But otherwise no to Steam and anything similar, not even Internet Explorer. Nothing else "required" to run, but Black Desert alone. I want 100% of my PC resources to be used by the game and the game alone.

Posted

Even Steam would be better, than the horrible GameNet launcher running in background permanently (that's the russian version). But otherwise no to Steam and anything similar, not even Internet Explorer. Nothing else "required" to run, but Black Desert alone. I want 100% of my PC resources to be used by the game and the game alone.

off topic: i have been playing with a pretty cool performance tool called process lasso and park control.. just a word to the wise tho you can "hurt" stability of your comp with them if you don't know what you are doing - and i had a few nice incidents already of it causing problems until i figured out how to use them - but they are really pretty cool little performance tools.. worth checking out if you like tweaking your comp performance settings

Posted

This should have a third option "Both answers have their pro's and cons"

Why vote yes?

• Steam brings a huge playerbase with it that could potentially play this game.
  • You could aquire your guild into a steam group and use steam for player communications (voip)

Why vote no?

• Steam players are not necesarilly mmo gamers, they could buy the game under the wrong idea and leave a mass of bad critics that could damage the games rep.
  • Daum/PA does not have to share a piece of their sales with steam which usually is as high as 30%, that money can flow directly back into the game development. Source @ bottom of this post
  • You would still have to use Daum/PA's launcher to start the game, the only thing that will happen when you click play game in steam is start the launcher.
  • You will most likely not be able to buy in-game credits (pearls) through steam (based on previous MMO's)

Source on steam taking a 30% cut on sales:

http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-and-gog-take-30-revenue-cut-suggests-fez-creator-phil-fish/

https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-a-cut-does-Steam-take-for-major-publishers

There's a reason why EA sticks to Origin for most of their games...

Posted

This should have a third option "Both answers have their pro's and cons"

Why vote yes?

• Steam brings a huge playerbase with it that could potentially play this game.
  • You could aquire your guild into a steam group and use steam for player communications (voip)

Why vote no?

• Steam players are not necesarilly mmo gamers, they could buy the game under the wrong idea and leave a mass of bad critics that could damage the games rep.
  • Daum/PA does not have to share a piece of their sales with steam which usually is as high as 30%, that money can flow directly back into the game development. Source @ bottom of this post
  • You would still have to use Daum/PA's launcher to start the game, the only thing that will happen when you click play game in steam is start the launcher.
  • You will most likely not be able to buy in-game credits (pearls) through steam (based on previous MMO's)

Source on steam taking a 30% cut on sales:

http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-and-gog-take-30-revenue-cut-suggests-fez-creator-phil-fish/

https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-a-cut-does-Steam-take-for-major-publishers

There's a reason why EA sticks to Origin for most of their games...

EA made Origin to compete against Valve's Steam :P 

Anyways.. the 30% that "can flow directly back into the game development" is non-excistent if the extra players won't come. it not just the 30% they lose, but the whole other 70% too since the steamsales won't take place. 

Players might come and dislike it indeed and then leave.. but they DID buy the game and thus generate an income for DAUM. 
Let's say Steam would bring in an extra 100.000 players. Now what if Steam didnt have the game? would these 100.000 players buy the game through Daum? not all of them for sure. maybe not even HALF those players would. Steam is really powerful and is just an extra income for Daum. Because its not only 100.000 extra purchases of the game, but also an extra income on their cashshop! because the cashshop profits are purely for DAUM and not for VALVE. Valve only takes 30% of the GAME purchase. 
Even if 1% of those 100.000 people would spend 10eu in the cashshop. still 10.000eu profit which isnt shared with anyone but daum themselves!

the cut that valve takes is purely an investment for a better income eventually! :)  

2 people like this

Posted

While you hold a valid point, i still believe that a good game will sell itself B|

I'm not going to get into a number debate, it seems allot of players have their opinion, on it. Some players seem to think it will be easyer to buy credits, get achievements, get trading cards, but even if it was going on sale on steam those things would never come.

Also know that the Korean market is not as familiar with steam as we are and PA will most likely not give permission for it since Daum allready takes a cut.

Posted

BDO on Steam would be a very good idea. Steam is a platform with millions of players and if the game shows up there like other people already mentioned, it will make it even more popular.

Posted

Yes, because I use steam and so do a lot of other people. It's a platform with a very broad audience, and it would only make sense to tap into that.

Posted

yup, this would probably be a good idea. steam has well over 100 million users. somewhere between 5 to 12 million concurrent users at any given time. that is a lot of eyes with the potential to see this game.

Posted

steam would imo help make this game have a much longer life, and advertise better
lots of players is good for the game so yep

Posted

Yes, because we all know they're going to do it eventually to prolong the games life so might as well start off big that way servers will be set for the highest traffic possible. ;D 

Posted

Yes, it helps the game  to get notice by this community which is always good thing introducing yourself (Networking). But, only after one year of release or the first big update with the new classes. Then Bomb!!!!! Jackpot. Again Dev take care here (Risk Management). Steam can mess up a game for ya lol function wise.