• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] BDO on Steam?

BDO on steam?   805 votes

1. 1. Would you want BDO to be available on Steam too?

• Yes, because.. (leave comment below)
    • No, because.. (leave comment below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Posted

What did i vote? Yesssss

Why? I love steam and play inside steam

However, is it a good idea for the developers? I dont know 'cause steam is always playing with the fact of deals and stuff and i want the developers to become rich with this game hahaha steam probably will take a big part of the money. Well... Considering it wouldnt be a bad though. 

Posted

Yes because it would maker the game easier to purchase. The current method of purchase seems to hate my debit card. Also because the game will become more widely known.

Posted

would love to see the comments when steam gets ahold of bdo lol

giphy.gif

Posted

The more the merrier I say. Also dare I dream of Workshop Mod support? Of course only local mods that effect what the player sees like HUD, text, textures ect (Similar to the mods allowed for Elder Scrolls Online).

Posted

Seeing how things have gone, I think post launch I'd like to see it on steam. Or closer to launch after the betas.

Posted

I voted no, even though all my games and friends are on Steam but you can always add it on Steam. I don't think we would benefit from anything if it was on Steam.

Posted

I voted no, even though all my games and friends are on Steam but you can always add it on Steam. I don't think we would benefit from anything if it was on Steam.

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

2 people like this

Posted

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

I know right, back then i looked like i just got out of jail...

Posted

Everything is in steam now let me have my lazy

Posted

Some third party games usually have a weird problem lauching on my computer I don't know why, but steam games never failed me once.  Just now I can't even launch the free character creator without it crashing after the logo screen, I even saw few people having the same problem.  Bringing the game to steam will definity strengthen my confidences and many others for a successful working game at launch.  And it will bring a lot more audiences to this game.  

Posted

A better question to ask would be WHY is it NOT on Steam yet? 

Many titles have taken advantage of Steam's vast user base. It's simply the best way to get the word out if you're developing a game for PC. 

So again, why isn't it already part of Steam's library? They already have plenty of early access or pre-order titles, why not take advantage of Steam's ability to target the very audience BDO is trying to attract?

Yes, Valve takes a % of total sales. But you'll pay the same or more for advertising anyway. 

The only naysayers that are against it joining Steam so far, have all commented that this game doesn't need any more players. Really? REALLY!?!? That kind of thinking is what makes businesses go out of business in the first place. More players = more funds, period.

Posted

I voted YES because I simply like my gametime to be counted. Steam account is something of great value to me, I spent 3000 hours and since it's always on why not add a game that i will play alot too. 

Posted (edited)

YEs it should!

Edited by Valkian

Posted

I can understand from their POV in terms of growth the game could explode and become to big thus breaking servers on release thus giving people a bad impression.

Would be nice to see the game added to steam a month or two later though.

Posted

Yes , because is best gaming platform atm , many players and friends , easy to use perfect communication services :)

Posted

Like many have said, yes because it will make BDO more visible and gain more players from tapping into the Steam users.

Posted

Yes because steam accepts my credit card and BDO gives me fits trying to pay.

Posted

Yes because steam accepts my credit card and BDO gives me fits trying to pay.

Have you tried paypal?

Posted

YES! Because with Steam Release, BDO maybe support the Steam Controller... -.-

Posted

YES! More visibility, more easy cash shop payments, Steam support/ stream/ friendchat and more stuff...

Posted

Yes, because more ppl will get to know this game. So more money will be spent, atleast at the beginning.

Posted

Yes, just look at Tera when it launched at steam it went popular.

it was popular then it declined in steam users since they like to play multiple games imo.

Also I picked no because there's no real reason for bdo to be in steam, hell it's better without steam since most (not all) steam users dont stay for the longterm.

Posted

I picked yes simply because I want to be able to use the Steam overlay while playing and chat with friends if they message me. Honestly it doesn't have to be on steam but the launcher needs to remain open and running so that I can add it as a non-steam game and still get the overlay. With it closing after it's started the game, Steam thinks i've stopped playing and thus i've lost the ability to use the overlay.

While playing i won't know if someone has messaged me because i won't see the taskbar flash nor will i hear the steam notification sound. This is because i have set my task bar to autohide for  more screen space and i disabled the notification sound because i find it annoying after a while. So honestly my only request is make the launcher remain running in the background so that it can be added as a non-steam game, the game itself doesn't have to be on the steam store.

Posted

If it's a requirement to use steam, absolutely not. I cannot stand launchers, steam especially.

Posted

If it's a requirement to use steam, absolutely not. I cannot stand launchers, steam especially.

My experience with MMO's on steam is that they simply launch the original launcher for you anyways.
And you cannot stand launchers? You know that BDO has it's own launcher right? hahaha :P