• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[POLL] BDO on Steam?

BDO on steam?   805 votes

1. 1. Would you want BDO to be available on Steam too?

• Yes, because.. (leave comment below)
    • No, because.. (leave comment below)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

220 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because you and your friends are not toxic does't mean others aren't. More than half of the steam community is toxic.

It's not the client that makes people toxic. More than half of people may be toxic (depending on your tolerance level). Steam doesn't have some "toxic people hormone lure". It's just a popular platform for PC gamers, and unfriendly people are among them too just as they are among anyone else. You may notice it more there because well, MORE people are there than on any other multi-gaming platform.

Posted

That's not how refunds work period. I've never heard of a refund system that allows you to refund 6 months from date of purchase. That just sounds stupid. Why should steam allow someone to play out the entire game and then ask for a refund when they played the game to its entirety. That makes it pointless and wouldn't work because then they will go down in sales a lot.

well as I said it would only be for mmos because 80% of them are entirely different once you reach end game. though in all honesty depending on the player 14 days is plenty for them to reach level cap and realize it may be unplayable for them

Posted

well as I said it would only be for mmos because 80% of them are entirely different once you reach end game. though in all honesty depending on the player 14 days is plenty for them to reach level cap and realize it may be unplayable for them

If it takes 14 days to reach cap then that is an easy game with low cap or that person is a NEET.

It's not the client that makes people toxic. More than half of people may be toxic (depending on your tolerance level). Steam doesn't have some "toxic people hormone lure". It's just a popular platform for PC gamers, and unfriendly people are among them too just as they are among anyone else. You may notice it more there because well, MORE people are there than on any other multi-gaming platform.

Hence why I say what I say. It would be better to release it on steam when the playerbase starts dropping at a noticeable pace.

Posted

i2o8h8f.jpg

Posted

If it takes 14 days to reach cap then that is an easy game with low cap or that person is a NEET.

Hence why I say what I say. It would be better to release it on steam when the playerbase starts dropping at a noticeable pace.

just sharing what I've been told

Posted

Absolutely Yes.  None of my friends had heard of this game until I mentioned it.  If it had been on steam, they'd probably already be ready to participate in the test.

MY experience with Steam has been wonderful.  I see my friends whenever they can come online to play, WHATEVER they are playing at the time.  I've bought games that they picked to be able to play with them, and vice versa.  The reviews are also helpful.  There are several games on my waiting list that are now just kick-starters.  When they start looking a little more polished, I will buy in.  I wouldn't know about them if it hadn't been for Steam.

Posted

Yes, because I have money in my steam wallet already and I don't plan on using it for anything else anytime soon. This would be a very good marketing opportunity and more people would enjoy the easier launch, overlay, and friend access. So please add it to steam for convenience and marketability!

1 person likes this

Posted

My reasoning for 'yes' is because I want to show off my soon-to-be-had playtime in Black Desert Online to all my Steam friends ... and well, publicity and convenience sake as well. I think it's a win-win. Do feel free to disagree, however! ;)

Posted

Yes, I like to have steam features for all my games.

Posted

Yes MAYBE.  Every single gaming frend i have asked if they have player BDO have told me they have no clue what it is.  I think black desert really need to advertise or get known some way.  This may also be why there hasen't been too many pre-orders

Posted

I'd prefer Glyph...

Posted

No because korean games dont fare well on steam, see @archeage

Posted

yes because one less launcher to mess with and easy file validations and updates

Posted

Hello.

No, I don't care about Steam. Do you know any mmo on steam?

Posted

Give it maybe a month or two to let this launch die down first, but then absolutely put it on steam for the influx of new blood.

If they can get it on Steam with a bit of leadtime prior to some of the big updates (Valencia for sure, Mediah too if timeline allows for it) - then being in the 'recently updated list' or showing on the Activity feeds again with such significant increases for those that added it to Follow list is another round of advertising too. :)

Posted

Yes. It brings in far more players than anything else. Take a look at all the free MMOs like Tera that almost died before making it to Steam. There is no reason not to have it on Steam.

Posted

I voted No, because I don't think the game requires more publicity than it already has. Steam charges percentages from cash shop sales, so that might actually result in slightly increasing cash shop prices.

^ Or a subscription fee..

Posted

I say yes to steam because I think it would make it easier to pay for the game and store shops than having to do transactions overseas company. My credit card was denied two times and then flagged. It was more of a pain than anything trying to get this game. Even on PayPal, I was denied :(

Posted

I say yes, it would provide them with more money, easier outreach, easier updates, easier downloads, more open reviews about the game. Not a bad move. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, because there's are basically no downsides unless daum act like greedy assholes.

Steam only takes a a cut of sale prices, (like every retailer) for sales done ON STEAM. Sales from the website go 100% to Daum.

The sales on steam are also most likely to be players who would never have bought BDO otherwise, likely because they probably don't even know it exists.

The cash shop prices in no way need to be raised, again because only steam based sales pay steam, and those steam players are not likely players who would know about and buy the game if it it weren't on steam. The only way cash shop prices would raise due to steam is if Daum act like greedy assholes and use that as a BS excuse to justify raising prices when they still get 100% of microtransactions using the payment methods on their site.

Edited by Lasair

Posted

I'm not in favor of it nor I'm against it, probably a good idea I suppose, from the marketing point of view, then again is up to DAUM if they can or want to do such a move.

I do tend to keep my favorite MMOs separated from Steam anyway.

Posted

Why vote no?

• Steam players are not necesarilly mmo gamers, they could buy the game under the wrong idea and leave a mass of bad critics that could damage the games rep.
  • Daum/PA does not have to share a piece of their sales with steam which usually is as high as 30%, that money can flow directly back into the game development. Source @ bottom of this post
  • You would still have to use Daum/PA's launcher to start the game, the only thing that will happen when you click play game in steam is start the launcher.
  • You will most likely not be able to buy in-game credits (pearls) through steam (based on previous MMO's)

I voted no. Sorry. In addition to the quoted reasons, I don't want to risk a decrease in the current cash shop prices only to have the prices return after release on Steam. The game has the right amount of attention right now, no more needed. Before voting yes, children, pls weigh the pros and cons.

I also suggest quoting some of these posts in your OP so people won't go with their initial instinct.

Posted (edited)

Yes because more publicity. Its going to get more people to play the game. 

But I personally regret playing any mmorpg's I've played through Steam. 

1) Many companies limit the amount of money you can spend in their cash shop with Steam wallet money. I used to put money in my Steam Wallet then buy cash shop currency and in every game it was for whatever reason limited by the publisher only for Steam cash. 

2) When I was playing FFXIV through Steam and Heavensward came out I wanted the physical collectors edition with the art book and statue which wasn't available through steam, only PC version. So I had to purchase two copies of Heavensward, one for Steam and one so I could get the physical collectors edition. 

3) I've also had issues where the Steam client version of the games update isn't available when the PC version of the games update is. 

4) Steam client takes a percentage of money from the publishers for posting their game into their store. 

But Steam client never hurt anyone, again I'd say do it for the publicity. 

Edited by Asami

Posted

Of course, it would only make the game so much more popular....don't think about this one, JUST DO IT!

Posted (edited)

4) Steam client takes a percentage of money from the publishers for posting their game into their store. 

Just want to make it clear. Steam only takes a percentage of sales DONE ON STEAM. Sales outside of steam do not pay valve a cent, and valve would have no way of claiming any percentage of sales that aren't on steam even if they tried to. The companies have no obligation to share their revenue, or revenue data from non-steam sources with valve regardless of if the game is also available on the steam service.

Edited by Lasair