• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bot hunting system

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Your in-game chat dying cause of goldseller spammers. For sure someone buying gold and other stuff from them so DAUM Europe loosing money. People will be reporting scams/account breaks cause of account sharing for power-leveling so DAUM Europe  support will spend hundreds of hundreds hours to check what happen (and if it was sharing account - replying to raged person that they wont help).

Can we do something about it? Actually yes. Hint for @CM_Jouska @CM_Tytyes and rest of DAUM.

Invest into players! Set report system into... like 5-10 energy cost. If someone report bot and it will be confirmed by DAUM send hunter gift like energy restore 15 potion - PROFIT! People will mass report bots for extra energy.

Wanna go further? Make TOP5 hunter list. Once a week persons (from TOP list) who report higher count of bots(confirmed one) will get pearls - say 100. Its to much... Then give them loyal points. People are willing to get rid of all bots so all what we need is active GM/CM how will be check any reported bot. You know how for example Archeage done it? They got GMs who every day log in into game and get all reports about bots. Bots was vanish really quick and people was happy. Made it here! Daily GM/CM route -couple minutes or 1 hour in-game and autoban any goldseller bot. Week or two of work and bot company will lose more money buying account when selling gold...silver.

For sure bot spamer are on guest  access accounts. Solution - block newcome users for using global and direct chat (YES - bot spam also though direct message!)

4 people like this

Posted

I agree with what you said,  but in short would have been easiest to say - reward people that actively prove to report spammers & bots with in game incentives and do not allow guest 7 day keys to talk in channel chat ... done 

I 2nd this motion  

1 person likes this

Posted

uhm, is too hard limit the general chat for Guest Account?

I think a lot of "Gift sellers" is from a Guest Pass accounts, so...

Do not make possible to use General chat to them; But make possible to use only Party and Say chat for who try the game for playing.

i'm really bored to read every 10 seconds the same spam.

Posted

I think you guys might be onto something I just got the game Monday, and all ive seen in the past 3hrs of game play is nothing but RMT and it makes me want to just turn off my chat, I think going with the Bot hunter Idea would be a good idea to get all players to help stop gold sellers. since we cant just PK them like we used to do in FFXI

Posted

Indeed, simple solutions. 

1. Rewards players for reporting sellers. Reduce initial energy cost and gain a small bonus when the ban is confirmed legit. Would also require a bit more effort on the GM's part, at least daily someone to check all the reports and just press the ban button.

2. Restrict guest accounts from global chat, or just anyone below level 10.

1 person likes this

Posted

Indeed, simple solutions. 

1. Rewards players for reporting sellers. Reduce initial energy cost and gain a small bonus when the ban is confirmed legit. Would also require a bit more effort on the GM's part, at least daily someone to check all the reports and just press the ban button.

2. Restrict guest accounts from global chat, or just anyone below level 10.

Level 10 takes like 15 minutes: it won't help. Just block the guest passes from chat.

3. Filter chat: any messages that contains certain words gets auto blocked = not shown in chat.

Posted (edited)

This is the most obvious solution and one I had assumed was being done already. Disallowing trial accounts from utilising general chat. Apparently not.

I would also suggest that Daum follow in the footsteps of Dr. Jeffrey Lin. He leads the team who pioneer all of the strategies to improve sportsmanship in League of Legends (a nigh impossible task if I ever saw one). In this instance, I would suggest that a number of his strategies are not only applicable to toxic behaviour, but to galvanising the playerbase to take a pro-active role in fighting this mess. (You can find an interview with Dr. Lin here)

Some of these examples could include little messages about the real impacts of gold selling in gaming economies, the removal of ANY energy cost for chat reporting (or perhaps integrating Calix J's idea, that's actually such a good one, even by itself would provide enough incentive for players to get involved) and the setting up of a player-based tribunal where people of a certain level can apply and then sift through chat logs. Having a panel of people who are proactive should counteract any risk of a couple of trolls. And besides, it would be such an easy task to see. It's just so damn obvious.

Regardless of how they do it, if the cost of buying accounts increases above any possible profits to be made from the action, the operations will cease (at least for a while), giving us some well deserved respite.

Edited by Jintao
Inserted comment about Calix J's suggestion.

Posted

Level 10 takes like 15 minutes: it won't help. Just block the guest passes from chat.

3. Filter chat: any messages that contains certain words gets auto blocked = not shown in chat.

One thing that I really liked from an MMO I used play was a add-on a gamer made. It basically filtered the chat using keywords, the keywords were defined by individual users and stored locally on a text document. I would like to see something built in game similar to this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0