• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Leveling to 50 is too fast?

270 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, so I saw the post about "first person to get to level 50" and they mentioned 28 hours or another person did and ey, idk about you, but das crazy bruh. 28 hours to get to end game? GG

That's how you bore a gamer, trust me. 

Based on what I read so far this are the few points the people in this thread wants: 

• Make the level 1 - 50 even easier at this point so that people can get to "endgame" and thus enjoy what little content the "endgame" has. 
  • Disregard level 1 - 50 and the areas it tries to showcase to the world because everyone needs to get to "level 50" because that's where the "real" game is. 
  • They are okay with level 1 - 50 being achieve in less than a week and level 50 - 60 within a few months
  • They are sure that people will enjoy the "endgame" because that's where the "real" fun is. 

Based on what I think, the consequences of the aforementioned features are:

• People will enjoy the 1 week where they'll easily breeze through level 50
  • People will question what they have to do once they get to level 50
  • People realize that the "endgame" barely has any content
  • People will raid the forum with complaint
  • People will quit the game and go to another "hype" game. 

Thus far, I lost hope for the game. I've seen a lot of players here that posted in this thread; most of them are majority pvp players. What they fail to realize is that despite the game catering PVP players, most players in the game will simply be casual and willing to play everything. Yet they'll be told to breeze through the "tutorial" and therefore realize the cons of the game. 

My idea is as follows:

• Even out the leveling curve, I do realize that level 1 - 50 should be easier and less-time consuming than 50-60 but based on what I've heard, the level 50-60 is even longer than level 1 - 50 or even thrice or quadruple the time itself. 
  • Therefore, people will play the game and enjoy it throughout because rather than reaching to "endgame" and grinding months and months to 60, they'll have fun playing the game from level 1 - 60 with balance and even curve. 

But then again, people will reject this idea because they don't have any other idea to keep players in the game. Oh whale, das life. I'll just play the game in my own terms, whatever happens with the game will happen, I've done my part. If the game dies, there's only the community to blame because of their selfish reasoning. Just please research what kind of players are NA & EU. Don't think of your own play style, be more broad. Think of the majority's play style. 

Edited by Yato
5 people like this

Posted

28 hours and not even at endgame.

7 people like this

Posted

That's not endgame.

People like you are gonna make Daum make the game a hardcore grind fest right off the bat, which will push pretty much everyone away, not just casuals.

13 people like this

Posted

28 hours and not even at endgame.

Level 1 to level 50 = 28 hours. 

Regardless if it's endgame or not, this is way too crazy. Before you know it, people will get bored of the game in less than a month. I'd rather have a long grind and even out throughout than an empty game after a month. 

2 people like this

Posted

More like 28 hours to complete the tutorial

19 people like this

Posted

That's not endgame.

People like you are gonna make Daum make the game a hardcore grind fest right off the bat, which will push pretty much everyone away, not just casuals.

People like you are gonna make DAUM make the game too ez right off the bat, which will push pretty much everyone away after a few weeks, not just months. 

1 person likes this

Posted

More like 28 hours to complete the tutorial

This is why MMORPGs die, this kind of mentality folks. When people thinks of the lvl 1 - 50 as a tutorial. Yep, this is why MMORPGs die. People rush to endgame without noticing the other game play and complain about endgame. 

Git Gud.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

People like you are gonna make DAUM make the game too ez right off the bat, which will push pretty much everyone away after a few weeks, not just months. 

Making it take longer to 50 is not making the game harder. Time does not equal difficulty.

Edited by Noth
7 people like this

Posted

Making it tae longer to 50 is not making the game harder. Time does not equal difficulty.

EZ = Less time, we all know that the only way you can suck at grinding in this game is if you don't know how to use your keyboard.

Posted

So... You want there to be a hardcore grind for

1-50

50-60

gearing up

pretty much everything? And you want it to start at 1-50? You sure about this? I'm not up for making game easy, but that's just too damn much and will kill it.

Posted

EZ = Less time, we all know that the only way you can suck at grinding in this game is if you don't know how to use your keyboard.

You keep saying less time equals easy, yet you then state that grinding is faceroll. Therefore you are just adding more faceroll which does not add difficulty or make it any less "EZ"

Posted (edited)

Its too long! Its just a tutorial!

Edited by Dragnelus
Need coffee

Posted

This is why MMORPGs die, this kind of mentality folks. When people thinks of the lvl 1 - 50 as a tutorial. Yep, this is why MMORPGs die. People rush to endgame without noticing the other game play and complain about endgame. 

Git Gud.

I completely agree with this perspective. Although there is already a thread discussing this issue.

You keep saying less time equals easy, yet you then state that grinding is faceroll. Therefore you are just adding more faceroll which does not add difficulty or make it any less "EZ"

I don't agree with this because this ignores everything else the game has to offer beyond grinding mobs.

Posted

1-50

50-60

gearing up

pretty much everything? And you want it to start at 1-50? You sure about this? I'm not up for making game easy, but that's just too damn much and will kill it.

I'm sure business wise, DAUM will agree with me for this matter. Since in your case, you basically want people to play the game ezly (lol) to 50 and play the rest of the game in endgame and we all know how many people quit within those time-frame. This game won't last with the $30 buy-in at first, it's not a top rated single player AAA game worth $60. This kind of games, MMORPG thrive in "whales" and normal consumer that spends an upward of $20 or even more per month through the item shop. If people quit so fast without glancing at the item shop cause the game ended so fast for them then less money for DAUM. So please think about it, thanks. Don't be consumed by your EZ LIFE EZ GAME.

Posted

1-50

50-60

gearing up

Some people play MMO's for longevity. You sound like you just want everything handed to you. 

2 people like this

Posted

What..? 

Less time = ez

Grinding = ez 

EZ less time + EZ grinding = EZ quit. 

Posted

Some people play MMO's for longevity. You sound like you just want everything handed to you. 

Precisely why MMORPGs die so easily in this market, because people forces dev to have an ez game and this makes an ez quit. Then this kind of gamers complain about an ez end game and whine and cry at the forum, like wtf? okay b.

Posted

the reason he got to 50 in 28 hours is because he rushed , if he did quests and so on it would take a lot lot longer , just happens the grp that are close to 50 , didnt sleep , have played kr, and ru, know all the best grind spots, not all players will get to 50 in 28 hours

2 people like this

Posted

What level are you in EU/NA Yato? And since when has leveling something to do with "ez game"? Even if that were the case, ever tried to get to lv60?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Taking an extra week or so to reach 50 doesn't "increase longevity" it just makes it take longer. There is a difference. Making the game take longer doesn't make it more difficult, unless you're talking difficult in the sense of keeping you interested. A solid end game with regular content updates increases MMO longevity. I don't think this version should be more of a grind than KR, it just doesn't make sense to me.

By that logic, the huge lack of exp gained while in a party is also "increasing MMO longevity" and therefor totally awesome.

Edited by CandyLand
1 person likes this

Posted

Really?

I sound like I want everything handed to me? Woah. I wonder what you guys ACTUALLY think will happen. You think people will stick around longer if they have to grind 1-50 then grind until their fingers bleed and more past 50? I never wanted anything to be easy in a game but pointless grind doesn't make it harder, just more annoying and unattractive. Because one person hit 50? Maybe we should ban bodybuilding, we don't want our teenagers getting as big as Mr.Olympia, do we? Matter of fact, let's ban cars because you have people that drink&drive.

That 1% is always gonna reach the goal FAR faster than anyone else, no matter how hard it is; stop using it as an excuse. I bet none of you actually played the other versions and have no idea what you're talking about.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've actually got mixed feelings about this...
I'd love to see a harder game, where mobs are harder to kill. But maybe a longer grind won't hurt.

28hrs to max out your lvl is no time at all.
I'm not with all you guys who say : " but it begins at lvl 50"...

NO! it's doesn't... it begins at lvl 1... or 5 or whatever... but the "tutorial you speak of isn't 1-50... it's 1-10 or so.
After that, i don't mind if it takes alot longer to lvl. There are plenty things to do, to see,... and when they change the pace of lvling up, everybody will have a harder time to grow. So if that's the case, even I, as a casual player, won't drag behind to far, because all the other casuals will be the same lvl.

You don't like to grind? then don't, look for something else to do. Don't wan't to kill mobs? What are you even doing here?

Personally i think i'd like to see that 28hrs get a iittle longer maybe... What's the point in getting lvl 50 after 28hrs for an MMO you'll probably play for +1 year?

So... i guess i'm with @Yato on this one

12 people like this

Posted

I've actually got mixed feelings about this...
I'd love to see a harder game, where mobs are harder to kill. But maybe a longer grind won't hurt.

28hrs to max out your lvl is no time at all.
I'm not with all you guys who say : " but it begins at lvl 50"...

NO! it's doesn't... it begins at lvl 1... or 5 or whatever... but the "tutorial you speak of isn't 1-50... it's 1-10 or so.
After that, i don't mind if it takes alot longer to lvl. There are plenty things to do, to see,... and when they change the pace of lvling up, everybody will have a harder time to grow. So if that's the case, even I, as a casual player, won't drag behind to far, because all the other casuals will be the same lvl.

You don't like to grind? then don't, look for something else to do. Don't wan't to kill mobs? What are you even doing here?

Personally i think i'd like to see that 28hrs get a iittle longer maybe... What's the point in getting lvl 50 after 28hrs for an MMO you'll probably play for +1 year?

So... i guess i'm with @Yato on this one

+1 This all day every day. 

1 person likes this

Posted

"Hey look, this guy is providing a feedback about the game. Hold up, did I even post anything relevant to the game?

Oh well, let's just insult this guy cause I "think" I'm smart."

Don't be that dude.

Because you're upset that OBVIOUSLY a person who has experience playing the game and knows EXACTLY what to do to get that done, did it. 

28 hours.. The man didn't sleep or do anything. He ONLY played the game and GRINDING to max level. He didn't enjoy the beauty of the game. He didn't PvP. He didn't up his mount. He didn't do ANYTHING but level up. 

ANY game you can do that if you just focus on that ONE thing. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Because you're upset that OBVIOUSLY a person who has experience playing the game and knows EXACTLY what to do to get that done, did it. 

28 hours.. The man didn't sleep or do anything. He ONLY played the game and GRINDING to max level. He didn't enjoy the beauty of the game. He didn't PvP. He didn't up his mount. He didn't do ANYTHING but level up. 

ANY game you can do that if you just focus on that ONE thing. 

Where did this "jealousy" come from. I don't care about competition sir, not at all. I take my time in a game. 

"Any game" you sure buddy? Could you take a look at Eve Online, Uncharted Waters Online, etc? 

Me thinks you barely have any experiences in MMORPGs to broadly say those facts without any proper support. 

El oh el