• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Leveling to 50 is too fast?

270 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, so I saw the post about "first person to get to level 50" and they mentioned 28 hours or another person did and ey, idk about you, but das crazy bruh. 28 hours to get to end game? GG

That's how you bore a gamer, trust me. 

I try to stay away from forums but Yato im sorry, you're clearly clue less about the game. 1-50 should not be a grind, you obviously have NO idea about the amount of grind you need to put in after 50 to get gear so to suggest 1-50 should be harder makes me laugh. You're saying itll be too easy and people will leave the game? what about the people spending all that time to get to 50 just to find out that the "grind" they just did is NOTHING compared to what you'll need to do.

Its people like you that have virtually ZERO understanding how the game works have never even experienced lvl 50-55 and yet so quick to jump to conclusions. Do not  ruin the game please

4 people like this

Posted

@Yato

do you even played the Game on the KR/JP Server? 1-50 or in KR 1-55 is just Tutorial. Wehen you hit the Softcap you are nowhere near the Endgame. You only see maybe 20% of the Game and a little bit more of the Map. 

The ones who hit the Softcap after such a short time only do some ghostquest along the way. So they have only a small Number of Vigor and Contributionpoints. 

When you do all available Quests in the Game than you need a lot more time to reach the softcap cuz  many quests  are time consuming and dont give exp for leveling. Also i sugest that you Talk to Major NPCs to increase the interest with them along the way and explore less looking Interesting places to get knowledge. It will help to get further in some storyquest.  But that costs also some Time.

The most Players need days to get to the softcap cuz they will explore the Game. You will always have a small number of players who get to the softclap /hardcap in the shortest way as possible. Its their playstyle, so accept it. 

You dont have to rush, play the Game as you want it. There are no Server first kills who awaits you at the end.

Posted

People who have 0 clue and give feedback are the ones that ruin the game =/ 1-50 isnt fast i suspect it'll take the avg player close to 2 weeks and theyre gonna have to grind a TON. =/

1 person likes this

Posted

The game starts at level 50. 1-50 is the tutorial.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, so I saw the post about "first person to get to level 50" and they mentioned 28 hours or another person did and ey, idk about you, but das crazy bruh. 28 hours to get to end game? GG

Another clueless player giving his opinion on the game based on a post he read on the forums. Go figure.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

do you even played the Game on the KR/JP Server? 1-50 or in KR 1-55 is just Tutorial. Wehen you hit the Softcap you are nowhere near the Endgame. You only see maybe 20% of the Game and a little bit more of the Map. 

That is how I felt. I got to 50 and realized that much of the map was unexplored. There were areas I went to myself out of interest that the black spirit quests never sent me to. I never even explored the northern islands or a ton of other stuff. At 50 you are in a good place to take off the shackles/training wheels and start the real adventure.

And as others have said, new players will not hit 50 in 30 hours. It took me 100 the first time playing "normally". Sure subsequent characters where faster, but that's how all MMO work. New players will spend dozens of hours learning the sub-systems like nodes and training. No need to make the grind start early, they will be busy for weeks.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to see OPs thread in about 8 Months when lvl 56 takes 300H, 57 600H, 58 1200H, 59 2400H, and 60 4800H and how it kills the game and its player base because its so damn boring and soul draining while the next content is literally 6 months away.
But hey lets "tweak" an exponetial leveling curve for the awesome 0-50 experience which consists of... who would have thought... grind to keep the player base.

I remember tera when it released and lots of players including quite a few of my friends quit because leveling was rather slow and boring grind too.
But since OP is clearly an industry insider he must know better then we all do i mean c'mon DAUM clearly agrees with him investement wise.

Edited by Æîmy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can't wait to see OPs thread in about 8 Months when lvl 56 takes 300H, 57 600H, 58 1200H, 59 2400H, and 60 5800H and how it kills the game and its player base because its so damn boring and soul draining while the next content is literally 6 months away.
But hey lets "tweak" an exponetial leveling curve for the awesome 0-50 experience which consists of... who would have thought... grind to keep the player base.

I remember tera when it released and lots of players including quite a few of my friends quit because leveling was rather slow and boring grind too.
But since OP is clearly an industry insider he must know better then we all do i mean c'mon DAUM clearly agrees with him investement wise.

Well said... 

Edited by Hypno

Posted

Circe you mistake content with time. The PvP is a very small part of the content of this game. Sad the major part of the content is wasted. The first 50 levels are only one example for that waste.

And what is that MMO where you get max level for 8 hours?

Not at all, what I'm saying is time does not equal content. Right not leveling content is lacking and grinding more is just unnecessary. You literally are in the some spot fighting the same mobs in a rotation as they spawn for over 3 hours and people think that this is content and that this makes the journey more enjoyable for some reason. As a player closing in on level 50 in the CBT right now, it would of been more enjoyable if I grinded here for half the time so I can move on to the awesome endgame pvp and actually have skills to play my class.   

Posted

OP sounds like he has never even played the game before.  Go back to Peggle.

Posted

Say "+" if you thing TS is a noob Pandaredlol

Posted

1-50 is nothing but a tutorial, almost none of the classes get main tools of their kit before 40+

^ and thats just one of the many arguments for why increasing the grind is a bad thing.

Lets say somone with work, with kids, with a life to maintain comes into BDO after they "increase" the grind as OP is suggesting. It will take them over a month to even get to a point where they have their main abilities, increasing it more than it already is (and it should be reduced) will definitly kill the game.

Leveling isnt about how long it takes to get there, leveling shouldnt be a grindfest where you repeat the same 2 skills a million times (literally). Leveling in BDO is supposed to, with a good pace, introduce you to your class and its abilities and skills as you level up and learn how that particular class is played.

Then when you get to lv 50, the game actually starts.

2 people like this

Posted

Well.. I am a player from KR... And also participating in this cbt 1.

Just think that Lv1-50 is a tutorial only. Game starts at lv50 u know? There's many things u can do after 50, like node siege, territory siege, life crafting, grind mobs for rare drop, red battlefield, PvP and GvG etc. Tho I just use 3 days to grind to lv50 in KR, but now I have played KR for 8 months and I am still playing on that. So dont think Lv50 is the point which the game ends.

Posted

Just throwing my two cents in before i go back to grinding.  (I played very little of KR so most of my information comes from reading others posts) Due to the game being pvp focused I don't think the grinding should be as long as it is. The person who spent 28 hours of straight grinding to hit the soft cap of 50 now has a huge level advantage over the entire cbt1 server. From what I've read just 5 levels makes you a juggernaut in pvp. I don't mind the grind after 50 being slow since everyone can get to 50 and compete. If pvp starts at 30 and I'm fighting level 40s I don't have a chance. The difference in power should not be as great in pvp if leveling to softcap of 50 is this slow. I haven't grinded this much for levels in 8 years. Let the difference of levels come from skills being higher level only. Doing less damage or missing because someone is a higher level seems odd when pvp happens so early. If you want to level for an advantage over other people then keep leveling past softcap until you are level 55-60. Of course this is ignoring the gear aspect of pvp and should be addressed elsewhere. 

If my information is wrong please let me know. I'm all for healthy competition and having fun but solo grinding to be competitive level wise (not even gear wise yet) is not fun. Seems the barrier for entry into pvp will be huge once the people who stick around after launch have all +15. Not very welcoming to new players. ok back to grinding. Enjoy your beta test guys.

1 person likes this

Posted

They have catered for those that like grind with 50+. Below 50 you are kind of irrelevant but once again this is a redoing of lineage 2 and specifically awakening.

I think I've you've invested in preorder and have been following the game for a while then you want to play the game for maybe a few years therefore it's scary to think you could be at max in a few days and exhausted all of the achievement. FEAR NOT this game is designed to cater for you. Leveling to 60 will be huge grind and they can increase the cap once enough people hit it. I don't think reaching max level should be an issue for anyone.

The only argument I feel has any validity is that people want a more even curve so being level 38/21/45 means somthing and isn't just one level closer to 50. I don't think it's great that if your not 50 your irrelevant but that's how games work now. It won't change. Atleast not in this game

Posted

The game starts at level 50... So don't worry, you have a lot of things to do in this game, and also this isn't the max level, there are expansions, the max level is 60 actually in KR, which takes months to get it.

Posted

Level 1 to level 50 = 28 hours. 

Regardless if it's endgame or not, this is way too crazy. Before you know it, people will get bored of the game in less than a month. I'd rather have a long grind and even out throughout than an empty game after a month. 

You have no clue...what happens from here...the grind doesn't stop...it goes on forever...you dont' need it any harder.

Posted

Did OP hit level 50? Just curious, but Q-Qing about reaching the lv. cap to fast by not having a life for 28 hours is fine and dandy in my opinion. Congratz to the individual on their accomplishment, yet hope they found many bugs and text errors to report and give a valid status about how to improve the game in all manners of what it has to offer aside from just reaching a number.

Posted

People who think level 50 is a grind should quit now.

You have no idea what awaits you post 50.

On the higer end of the level you can grind for 10 hours non stop and barely see your exp bar move.

It is an endless grind designed for the most extreme grinders in the world.

Even some koreans walked away from it lol :D 

Posted

Did OP hit level 50? Just curious, but Q-Qing about reaching the lv. cap to fast by not having a life for 28 hours is fine and dandy in my opinion. Congratz to the individual on their accomplishment, yet hope they found many bugs and text errors to report and give a valid status about how to improve the game in all manners of what it has to offer aside from just reaching a number.

I believe the person that hit the cap like that was from RU with a very similar grind that knew exactly where to go.  I played for almost 24 hours straight and only managed to get to level 31 on the first day. I felt cool being in the top 5 on the channel for a while so that drove me to keep going. :3  That was without doing a single quest that wasn't a black spirit quest also so I'm actually going to have to go back and do a bunch of the starting quests.  Literally straight grinding mobs with a bunch of weak skills while barely earning any skill points.  I play KR right now and have also tried the RU version.  The grind I think is actually longer in this version than RU.  I love to grind, but I also love to progress and that doesn't really happen until you hit level 50 and then start to adventure around the world trying to find what it is you actually want to do in the game.  I played the RU version to level 35 and ended up quitting the game because it just seemed like I was being held back by a company that was trying to sell XP scrolls, so I went over to KR.  I don't think people in RU have the increased grind because they like it or wanted it.  I think they have it because of GameNet.  The KR experience gain is perfect right now, and for anybody that hasn't reached above 50 in KR I can tell you the grind is going to be real after that point.  Do not worry about losing out on anything in the game.  There's so much out there to explore and kill!  Why be stuck only killing the same thing over and over for what is just too long without progressing?  Either way I am going to be playing the game because I love it, but I would prefer to love it just that much more with a fun intro to game progression like what's in Korea.  :3

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Posted

This is why MMORPGs die, this kind of mentality folks. When people thinks of the lvl 1 - 50 as a tutorial. Yep, this is why MMORPGs die. People rush to endgame without noticing the other game play and complain about endgame. 

Git Gud.

You do realize 1-50 is the tutorial?  That teaches you the bare minimum.  You only learn your class at 50.

Posted

@Yato Stop. This thread is irrelevant.

You are not 50. You do not have the right to post on anything about leveling.

I, however, am level 50 on the CBT. I can assure you that Hardcore players will always find a way to level fast and leave you thinking "WTF, how is that guy already that high?". In the first 48 hours of the CBT, I only slept for 4 hours. The other was spent in game. For those of you thinking that this version is a 30 hour grind you are mistaken. The only class capable of that is Wizard because they only need minimal potions if played correctly. The wizard who hit 50 in 28 hours didn't loot, didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't look at horses, and didn't vendor. He only repaired gear and grinded. For the casual gamer, you aren't going to spend 30 hours straight grinding, you will play 4-5 hours per night, which will take you about a week of pure grinding to actually even see the 40s, which you probably won't do. Just look at the leaderboards, there are less than 20 people who are even in the 40s. So peddle your useless information elsewhere.

Do not speak of things you don't understand.

2 people like this

Posted

@Yato Stop. This thread is irrelevant.

You are not 50. You do not have the right to post on anything about leveling.

I, however, am level 50 on the CBT. I can assure you that Hardcore players will always find a way to level fast and leave you thinking "WTF, how is that guy already that high?". In the first 48 hours of the CBT, I only slept for 4 hours. The other was spent in game. For those of you thinking that this version is a 30 hour grind you are mistaken. The only class capable of that is Wizard because they only need minimal potions if played correctly. The wizard who hit 50 in 28 hours didn't loot, didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't look at horses, and didn't vendor. He only repaired gear and grinded. For the casual gamer, you aren't going to spend 30 hours straight grinding, you will play 4-5 hours per night, which will take you about a week of pure grinding to actually even see the 40s, which you probably won't do. Just look at the leaderboards, there are less than 20 people who are even in the 40s. So peddle your useless information elsewhere.

Do not speak of things you don't understand.

Teach me your ways senpai~ :x  My H-core fwends in voip but they just pat me on the head and say "stay in your lane little bro" D: or tell me about math and statistics. *shrugs* I admire the H-core race though *e-mail me monthly tips on that one strange trick to get sick abs* 

Posted

I can describe your endgame. after 50 lvl you will grind 1-2 hour for 2%, after that someone come and pk you and you lost your 2% of exp (lost your 1-2 hour grind). and you will start again ... this is your end game. one death and you lost your 1-2 maybe 3 hour of your grind. now image this from lvl 54 ... one death and you lost your exp from few days grinding :) levelling rate is really not to fast.