• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum, let's remove PK at this point... no pvp player likes to be made a fool of.

142 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for quite some time, enough time to strongly feel the frustrating message behind the given possibility to kill other players in open world pvp.

At the moment, there is basically no advantage, any "reward, by any means, for killing someone else in open world, unless you want to keep your farming spot from a couple of players that are stealing your mobs, or vice-versa.

Let's immagine this situation for example (even if it's the only example i could make since there are no other "useful" reasons to pk someone at the moment):

You're farming, some people come and starts attacking your mobs, stealing the drop from you, denying you quite an ammount of xp.

You can ask them to stop, they never will.

You can do your best to kill the mobs you want, generating a "who-steals-more" competition for hours.

You can go away like a loser.

OR

You can fight for the spot. Which is not a good idea either! You can kill them, sometimes they will be standing taking your hits and doing nothing, then they will come back again and again and you will see this bubble above their heads saying "Karma?" because they know that they will win anyways in the end, they know you can't stop them from stealing.

If you want to not lose too much karma you will have to stop killing them, so you earned 5 minutes more of grinding before they can steal you all the mobs again.

If you really want to hold the spot you will go in negative karma, and get a sh*tload of penalities, which includes losing tons of exp, crystals and enchants on equippment on death, and you will have to grind for days having almost every damn player that sees you red attacking you relentlessly until you die even if you ignored and kept ignoring them.

I reached -10000000 karma for defending an underleveled friend's farming spot, and then myself, from people who kept ressing in place, then after 3 days got back on positive, and the message i got from this experience is this: 

There is pk, but it's a bad thing, be a good boy and don't use it otherwise you will get heavily punished.

I just wish Daum to understand that there are more ways to annoy and compromise another player's gameplay, but you get punished, and heavily, only for the less rewarding one.

So please, either balance for real all this, or remove it. At least you would be more honest with the players.

Edited by Oyeshu
14 people like this

Posted

Almost all I do when I play is farm mobs and I've rarely had a problem with finding my own slice of an area to farm I don't understand these people who will flag up and kill other people over mobs.

If it's really crowded I leave and go to one of the other major farm spots or I swap channels until I find an empty area.  I haven't had to try to gank anyone over mobs or a spot I don't understand why this is an issue for some people.

You have options besides violence, consider them first and maybe you can avoid this treadmill you seem to be on.

3 people like this

Posted

-10000000? didn't know it went that far. Makes me wonder if this is legit.

Posted

If some people can't deal with Area Share now... I wonder what they gonna do after a month, when everyone is gonna be at least 50 and farming everywhere...

1 person likes this

Posted

-1 mil is infact the lowest you can go - I went straight to the bottom Day 2 of early acces, we had some fierce fights defending our catfish spot.
As i red player, I was a target for anyone, and those who were'nt confident simply backed of, in fear of loosing exp.

But i agree, if you meet someone who sits at 52.00 exp, they'll just tank your karma - but if they're at 52.50, or higher than that, they should have more common sense. Im sitting near max karma atm. and if i whack people 2-3 times, they usually get the message. That still leaves me at positive karma, so i don't really see it as a major issue.

Posted

Almost all I do when I play is farm mobs and I've rarely had a problem with finding my own slice of an area to farm I don't understand these people who will flag up and kill other people over mobs.

If it's really crowded I leave and go to one of the other major farm spots or I swap channels until I find an empty area.  I haven't had to try to gank anyone over mobs or a spot I don't understand why this is an issue for some people.

You have options besides violence, consider them first and maybe you can avoid this treadmill you seem to be on.

1st: we were 2 and those who were stealing mobs were 4, + 2 randoms that started attacking as soon as they saw red as if they were bulls, how's that even a gank?

2nd: i didn't know that getting stomped on by other people is ok, neither channelsurfing as if you're a beggar asking for mobs to farm

3rd: if you don't consider pvp as an option, why are you even in this section?

-1 mil is infact the lowest you can go - I went straight to the bottom Day 2 of early acces, we had some fierce fights defending our catfish spot.
As i red player, I was a target for anyone, and those who were'nt confident simply backed of, in fear of loosing exp.

But i agree, if you meet someone who sits at 52.00 exp, they'll just tank your karma - but if they're at 52.50, or higher than that, they should have more common sense. Im sitting near max karma atm. and if i whack people 2-3 times, they usually get the message. That still leaves me at positive karma, so i don't really see it as a major issue.

Lucky you. I know a lot of friends who met people provoking them to get killed while keep asking "karma? karma? karma?" each time they went back

Posted

Not really luck - i haven't spent too much time being white / blue. But there are that kind of people everywhere.
When i was going from -1mil to 0 i had several people chase me from trent to calpheon, ON FOOT. Or rather, we made it halfway there before i turned around and whacked him. You dont have to be a red player, to "grief" and annoy others.

1 person likes this

Posted

1st: we were 2 and those who were stealing mobs were 4, + 2 randoms that started attacking as soon as they saw red as if they were bulls, how's that even a gank?

2nd: i didn't know that getting stomped on by other people is ok, neither channelsurfing as if you're a beggar asking for mobs to farm

3rd: if you don't consider pvp as an option, why are you even in this section?

1. So just leave.  Why stay?

2.  It's not ok but they take their karma hits for doing what they're doing.  Channelsurfing is just a means to an end, don't let your ego get in your way.

3.  I'm simply trying to make sure you understand that you have options besides what you're doing.  I'm personally interested in the arenas and battlegrounds that are supposed to be coming out in the next few months and also the proposed bounty hunter feature that will reward people who hunt down the pkers.

Posted

1. So just leave.  Why stay?

2.  It's not ok but they take their karma hits for doing what they're doing.  Channelsurfing is just a means to an end, don't let your ego get in your way.

3.  I'm simply trying to make sure you understand that you have options besides what you're doing.  I'm personally interested in the arenas and battlegrounds that are supposed to be coming out in the next few months and also the proposed bounty hunter feature that will reward people who hunt down the pkers.

Too bad that you don't get any "karma hits" for stealing mobs, even if you do it for 10 hours... you just make people unable to farm and you're happy with it, the dream of ever pver with big gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

Too bad that you don't get any "karma hits" for stealing mobs, even if you do it for 10 hours... you just make people unable to farm and you're happy with it, the dream of ever pver with big gear.

You're not unable to farm.  You might be unable to farm that one particular spot in that one particular channel that that one particular group is in.  There's no way that that same group can cover all of the farm spots in the game across all of the channels in the game.

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry OP that the Karma System bit you in the butt, maybe next time you can participate in the penalty-free PvP, and not the PK Slaughterfest that the vocal majority here on the forums seems to confuse with real PvP.

Posted

Sorry OP that the Karma System bit you in the butt, maybe next time you can participate in the penalty-free PvP, and not the PK Slaughterfest that the vocal majority here on the forums seems to confuse with real PvP.

Looks like you didn't even read what i wrote... i'm talking about specifically about PK, not "real PVP". Fact, not "opinion of what should be..."

1 person likes this

Posted

You're not unable to farm.  You might be unable to farm that one particular spot in that one particular channel that that one particular group is in.  There's no way that that same group can cover all of the farm spots in the game across all of the channels in the game.

my guild stays on the same channel and its 10min wait to switch back. I get what you mean though. Gonna be a carebear and cook in my house

Posted

So each time someone comes and arrogantly steals your mobs you go away channel surfing, waiting 10 minutes each time you do, until you find an acceptable spot to farm.

Posted

So each time someone comes and arrogantly steals your mobs you go away channel surfing, waiting 10 minutes each time you do, until you find an acceptable spot to farm.

Pro tip

Posted

It actually hasn't ever happened to me.  I've been jumped a couple times but I just went back and kept farming.

One time I was going to the calpheon elite area and there was a flagged group sitting at the front so I just channel swapped.

Other than that people have mostly been pretty cool.

Posted

-10000000? didn't know it went that far. Makes me wonder if this is legit.

What did he do to get this low?

Did he drop 200% black spirit powered meteors into a crowd of unflagged people multiple times?

Posted

It actually hasn't ever happened to me.  I've been jumped a couple times but I just went back and kept farming.

One time I was going to the calpheon elite area and there was a flagged group sitting at the front so I just channel swapped.

Other than that people have mostly been pretty cool.

Let's all get spanked in the ass and be happy about it then. Honestly, i don't see how being able to do this should make someone feel relieved. People wanted this system to stop griefers from pk, well f*ck, now griefers steal mobs all day instead of pking. Happy st. Patrick's day.

What did he do to get this low?

Did he drop 200% black spirit powered meteors into a crowd of unflagged people multiple times?

People just kept respawning on place with ellion's tear, keeping attacking me and my friend

Posted

Honestly, players lose too much exp to just -allow- someone to pk them in hopes of taking their hunting spot. I've viewed the pvp system to be abused more frequently for the fact that people will kill you 4x and stop at 1~60k karma. Then they'll bring another player to kill you since that next player has full karma. To complain that you need more room to kill someone stealing your hunting spot is absurd since EVERYONE in the area would need to die. The game is full of players. There are more high level players than hunting spots available for the current content implemented. If anything, you should lose more karma (than -60k) for killing a non-GvG player unless the player flags on you first. Currently people can impulsively pvp one another since they know there's no detriment.

Posted

Honestly, players lose too much exp to just -allow- someone to pk them in hopes of taking their hunting spot. I've viewed the pvp system to be abused more frequently for the fact that people will kill you 4x and stop at 1~60k karma. Then they'll bring another player to kill you since that next player has full karma. To complain that you need more room to kill someone stealing your hunting spot is absurd since EVERYONE in the area would need to die. The game is full of players. There are more high level players than hunting spots available for the current content implemented. If anything, you should lose more karma (than -60k) for killing a non-GvG player unless the player flags on you first. Currently people can impulsively pvp one another since they know there's no detriment.

Bruh, have you even had negative karma? No detriment?

Posted

Bruh, have you even had negative karma? No detriment?

Do you understand that it takes 5+ kills to go negative? Do you see the exploitation in killing someone 4x and then switching to let someone else PK the player to avoid penalty? You won't see the players go red.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you understand that it takes 5+ kills to go negative? Do you see the exploitation in killing someone 4x and then switching to let someone else PK the player to avoid penalty? You won't see the players go red.

It just takes a bit more time annoying them. A lot of people does that.

Posted (edited)

There definitely should be some reward for killing other players in a PvP game. But the player skill should be rewarded a lot more than time/money spent on the gear.

E.g. someone kills a player with a higher level. The reward should be significant. Someone kills a player 5 levels below. Good job - he gets no looot/experence, but instead is  rewarded with a couple of minutes slow-down or restricted damage bonus so that he is not bored with the game being too easy for him.

There could also be some gear rating taken into account in addition to the level difference. E.g. a better reward for killing a better geared player of the same level.

Also smaller rewards for kills if you outnumber the opponents. Higher rewards for killing players with a high kill count.

This should encourage looking for harder fights rather than ganking lower-level players.

Edited by Torian
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It just takes a bit more time annoying them. A lot of people does that.

So as a level 50+ player, you're cool with losing 9% or more to finally turn someone red? And they may never turn red since they'll just continue hunting to work that karma up and then kill you again when they feel safe. Or bring more players and switch off further to kill you.

Both sides are exploitable, however. You don't delevel when dying at 0%. So you can allow players to kill you freely when you're at 0% just to turn them red. 

In a game with lacking places to level at 50, the pvp system needs a rework until more choices are implemented.

Edited by Keshanberk

Posted

I've been playing for quite some time, enough time to strongly feel the frustrating message behind the given possibility to kill other players in open world pvp.

At the moment, there is basically no advantage, any "reward, by any means, for killing someone else in open world, unless you want to keep your farming spot from a couple of players that are stealing your mobs, or vice-versa.

Let's immagine this situation for example (even if it's the only example i could make since there are no other "useful" reasons to pk someone at the moment):

You're farming, some people come and starts attacking your mobs, stealing the drop from you, denying you quite an ammount of xp.

You can ask them to stop, they never will.

You can do your best to kill the mobs you want, generating a "who-steals-more" competition for hours.

You can go away like a loser.

OR

You can fight for the spot. Which is not a good idea either! You can kill them, sometimes they will be standing taking your hits and doing nothing, then they will come back again and again and you will see this bubble above their heads saying "Karma?" because they know that they will win anyways in the end, they know you can't stop them from stealing.

If you want to not lose too much karma you will have to stop killing them, so you earned 5 minutes more of grinding before they can steal you all the mobs again.

If you really want to hold the spot you will go in negative karma, and get a sh*tload of penalities, which includes losing tons of exp, crystals and enchants on equippment on death, and you will have to grind for days having almost every damn player that sees you red attacking you relentlessly until you die even if you ignored and kept ignoring them.

I reached -10000000 karma for defending an underleveled friend's farming spot, and then myself, from people who kept ressing in place, then after 3 days got back on positive, and the message i got from this experience is this: 

There is pk, but it's a bad thing, be a good boy and don't use it otherwise you will get heavily punished.

I just wish Daum to understand that there are more ways to annoy and compromise another player's gameplay, but you get punished, and heavily, only for the less rewarding one.

So please, either balance for real all this, or remove it. At least you would be more honest with the players.

So the System actually does excatly what a Karma System is supposed to do. If your are a nice Guy just just search for another Spot or deal with sharing "your" Spot if you are an agressiv kind of player you pk and then you get bad Karma. Isn´t that the main Karma thing anyways? And I like how people like to have "their" Spot, you paid for that? Guess not, so if people outfarm you I guess it just turned into "their" Spot :D.