• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum, let's remove PK at this point... no pvp player likes to be made a fool of.

142 posts in this topic

Posted

Well at least you are solid proof that is not true, on the contrary.

my poop has a higher IQ than all of you carebear shit tiers combined. seriously carebears are so -----ing bad at every game they play. this is why you are carebears. you lack the cognitive ability to comprehend even the most simple game mechanics. you have the awareness level and the analytical thinking of a rock. you will never be good and you know it. your jealous that pvpers are simply better than you at every game and that is why u dont want pvp to exist in open world. you know you will get dunked over and over and over. thats why u want to pve in peace cos running from one mob to the next while pressing the same 3 buttons in the same order repeatably is all your tiny little malfunctioning single braincell can handle.

gso son, stay ez

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for quite some time, enough time to strongly feel the frustrating message behind the given possibility to kill other players in open world pvp.

At the moment, there is basically no advantage, any "reward, by any means, for killing someone else in open world, unless you want to keep your farming spot from a couple of players that are stealing your mobs, or vice-versa.

Let's immagine this situation for example (even if it's the only example i could make since there are no other "useful" reasons to pk someone at the moment):

You're farming, some people come and starts attacking your mobs, stealing the drop from you, denying you quite an ammount of xp.

You can ask them to stop, they never will.

You can do your best to kill the mobs you want, generating a "who-steals-more" competition for hours.

You can go away like a loser.

OR

You can fight for the spot. Which is not a good idea either! You can kill them, sometimes they will be standing taking your hits and doing nothing, then they will come back again and again and you will see this bubble above their heads saying "Karma?" because they know that they will win anyways in the end, they know you can't stop them from stealing.

If you want to not lose too much karma you will have to stop killing them, so you earned 5 minutes more of grinding before they can steal you all the mobs again.

If you really want to hold the spot you will go in negative karma, and get a sh*tload of penalities, which includes losing tons of exp, crystals and enchants on equippment on death, and you will have to grind for days having almost every damn player that sees you red attacking you relentlessly until you die even if you ignored and kept ignoring them.

I reached -10000000 karma for defending an underleveled friend's farming spot, and then myself, from people who kept ressing in place, then after 3 days got back on positive, and the message i got from this experience is this: 

There is pk, but it's a bad thing, be a good boy and don't use it otherwise you will get heavily punished.

I just wish Daum to understand that there are more ways to annoy and compromise another player's gameplay, but you get punished, and heavily, only for the less rewarding one.

So please, either balance for real all this, or remove it. At least you would be more honest with the players.

or maybe ask for invite to the group and join up. It's a possibility. Sorry if that is in there it dragged on and lost most of my attention no offense. I pk sometimes to save a spot for those who deny my invite, other times I'll be farming and someone walks up on me thinking they own the place even though it's been empty for 2 hours and I'm the only one there and they pk me over and over at that point yea enjoy the karma loss it's a matter of time before you walk away and I keep farming that area.

main problem I see is people run the extremes of both ends. Pk and karma sucks, don't pk and lose a farm spot. Not enough people talking about partying up and sharing areas. Or suggest to someone another area that's dead and free for them to use.

Edited by Prysom

Posted

Just knock people low, you can almost kill a player enough to make them run scared 12 times near mobs for the cost of 1 pk in karma, it's true though that the victim is the winner when they die under this system. As its a matter of time before you are out of karma, I don't think anyone can argue it's ok for the loser of a fight to win overall in pvp. There's never a real reason or any value to pking when the opponent is aware all they have to do is die to you till you turn red then they win it's just silly and, against the spirit of pvp focused games in general.

Posted

this Game will die because of Carebears 

Posted

my poop has a higher IQ than all of you carebear shit tiers combined. seriously carebears are so -----ing bad at every game they play. this is why you are carebears. you lack the cognitive ability to comprehend even the most simple game mechanics. you have the awareness level and the analytical thinking of a rock. you will never be good and you know it. your jealous that pvpers are simply better than you at every game and that is why u dont want pvp to exist in open world. you know you will get dunked over and over and over. thats why u want to pve in peace cos running from one mob to the next while pressing the same 3 buttons in the same order repeatably is all your tiny little malfunctioning single braincell can handle.

gso son, stay ez

I dont know what kind of sad life and upbringing make something like you but you sound like your parents should have been neutered before producing such offspring. Total moron. You dont even know what "PvP" means you ezy mode oneshot wonder idiot.

Posted

You don't need an incentive to do PK. You do PK because you like it, such as that dude proudly posting his screenshot of PKing AFK fishers.

Posted

So many idiotic posts, I bet most of you carebears are still living with your parents. How the fuk can you talk about fairness and sh1t like that in this game? Do you actually think before you speak? Do you mean to say that it should be ok and no penalties should be aplied for the a-holes that do KS but killing the mofo the steals your mobs should be punished? that you should turn the other cheek in an Open World MMO? What kind of fuked up logic do you guys have? Are you braindead or something? 

Posted (edited)

If you die in owpvp you should drop everything you got from mobs or other people in the last 30mins. Now there is a reason to pk.

Edited by Kyouki

Posted

Maybe we need to see that new Bounty Hunting and Jail system implemented in the Korean version. I don't know the full details of how it works but maybe that's what's needed. 

Anyway, in my opinion, change the Karma system. Instead of it being penalized by losing your gear/items (which they can keep but reduce the severity) let negative karma be a flag for being a bounty. Once you have X amount of negative Karma you then are able to have a bounty placed on your head. This is something that one of your victims can initiate at any point in a set period after having been killed by the attacker. He/She has to put up money. The more money they put up, the bigger the penalty when the bounty is finally killed. Say a 100K bounty means you lose a gem but a 1M bounty means you drop a item. A 2M bounty means you might drop multiple items and so on. Once killed, the bounty-head's Karma is reset to either zero or some positive number. For the attackers, killing nets them a percentage of their victim's silver or something. The more negative karma they have, the more they get (though the penalties for dying still remain).

This creates somewhat of a risk/reward situation on both ends. The attacker gets something for being a killer and given that some people just enjoy being "that guy" it gives that person something to do. On the other side, those who are irritated by being PK'd have the means to enact revenge (at a cost). Of course, they could always go out and get revenge themselves and maybe there's a reward for that too.

Sure, this isn't a perfect system but I think it's better than what we have now.

Posted

Honestly, people who gets killed are not hitten by real penalities. Also, if someone isn't actually interested in pvp, he could manage to play the game in different ways anyways.

The real problem is just that the game isn't offering ways to adapt different playstiles, instead, the game itself adapted to the playstile of people who aren't interested in pvp.

Which could be good, if only the game core wasn't about controlling territories and resources, which includes farming spots, world bosses spots, nodes and regions. I wonder if when the time comes people will ask the possibility to gain control over nodes and castles fighting against monsters instead of fighting against players...

1. join the guild

2. declare war on guild the other person is and kill him for free

3. keep your spot to yourself

OR if other person is not in guild

1. generate more DPS than other person

2. get the mobs for yourself

OR if other person is not in guild, but has more DPS than you:

1. you suck bro

2. don't cry but rather change channel or spot

3. get better instead of posting in forums that you suck and whole game should be nerfed because of it

You are the first person in this topic discussion I really feel right to define a "dickhead". I swear. And let me explain you why.

First, the current PK system sucks ass only for PKs exactely because of the repetitive happening of the event i just underlined in your very smart post.

Second, i wrote that i actually well managed to defend the spot, and for that i got huge penalities, that's the problem.

Third, GvG has nothing to do with PK.

Those are not the reason why i define you a dickhead. You are a dickhead because of your arrogance accompanied by ignorance.

Posted

1. you could have defended the spot with pure DPS on mobs, people with lesser DPS than you can do nothing then even if they attack mobs around you

2. GvG makes you able to kill people (and defend your spot by pvp) without karma penalties

3. you still suck bro :)

1. if you would have read well, you would know that my friend lvl 45 was alone and 3 (or 4, i don't remember anymore) people were stealing mobs to him, and even more came later, so you're speaking out of your ass

2. GvG system and PK system are two different topics, this post was created to discuss about PK system, not about keeping farming spots or how to exploit PK to keep a spot. I don't know why people like you can't read and keep focusing about another argument.

3. If you say so

Posted

9/10 times I talked to a person stating that this is my spot and suggested he should move to the next room so we don't have to antagonize the issue was resolved. I do enjoy pvp but its hard to have good fights due to either lvl or gear difference at the moment but I guess these things will even out as time goes by. I don't count myself as a pvper or pver cause I enjoy both almost equally. We should have some patience the game is like 4 weeks old in our version so there might be some tweaks en route to balance things out and cater for different perspective on how things should be compared to the other versions.

Posted

I dont know what kind of sad life and upbringing make something like you but you sound like your parents should have been neutered before producing such offspring. Total moron. You dont even know what "PvP" means you ezy mode oneshot wonder idiot.

PVP means player vs player. Simple as that. Because you have a made up definition of a nobler version, the fact of the matter is any kind of aggressive interaction between two or more players is in fact player vs player. You know what my very intelligent and very successful parents taught me in life? "Life isn't fair. Fair is where you take your pig". Too many new generation pussies growing up in this NWO need to be taught this lesson. It'll make your perspective on life, as well as the decisions you make for a successful future, much better.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't mind the PK system as it currently stands. I was farming Treants earlier today when a wizard decided he wanted to start farming in my grind spot. When asked to leave, he said, "pk me -----" - and so I did.

Posted

PVP means player vs player. Simple as that. Because you have a made up definition of a nobler version, the fact of the matter is any kind of aggressive interaction between two or more players is in fact player vs player. You know what my very intelligent and very successful parents taught me in life? "Life isn't fair. Fair is where you take your pig". Too many new generation pussies growing up in this NWO need to be taught this lesson. It'll make your perspective on life, as well as the decisions you make for a successful future, much better.

So why exactly do you play games? Because you have no life so need a simulation of it? 

Meh just another arrogant idiot. I really cant imagine what kind of world breed these "new generations" nowdays.

Posted

So why exactly do you play games? Because you have no life so need a simulation of it? 

Meh just another arrogant idiot. I really cant imagine what kind of world breed these "new generations" nowdays.

gso son, stay ez

1. join the guild

2. declare war on guild the other person is and kill him for free

OR if other person is not in guild

1. generate more DPS than other person

2. get the mobs for yourself

OR if other person is not in guild, but has more DPS than you:

1. you suck bro

2. don't cry but rather change channel or spot

3. get better instead of posting in forums that you suck and whole game should be nerfed because of it

popcorn_the_joker.gif

Posted

Wait...what? Why do any of us play an RPG with fake characters? I'm not understanding your inquisition. What about my post was arrogant? or idiotic? I thought it was well written and easy to understand. Maybe English isn't your first language? If it isn't that's cool....

Posted (edited)

Wait...what? Why do any of us play an RPG with fake characters? I'm not understanding your inquisition. What about my post was arrogant? or idiotic? I thought it was well written and easy to understand. Maybe English isn't your first language? If it isn't that's cool....

No, English is not my first language but I bet I can speak and understand it better than you would my native language. 

So, even though I think its a waste of time on people like you, let me explain. If you ever felt true unfairness in life, both you and your parents, you would not have such superficial attitude towards it nor would you enjoy it in your game. If your Mother lost her children in a horrible accident (provided she cared, sadly too many parents seem to not care one bit today) I doubt she would make remarks about fair and pigs. Because some things in unfair life hurt too much, you dont make callous jokes about them and you are not eager to experience them again, not even in games. The fact that you have internet and can afford to play games means you are privileged, the fact that you want unfairness in your game means that you actually live a sheltered, safe life and never experienced that unfairness in its true form on your own skin. The fact that you have so little empathy for those who dont want unfair and nasty but play a game to relax and actually escape from unfair life, means that your parents didnt really do such a good job in being parents nor human beings no matter how intelligent and wonderful you may think they are.

That is why I find you arrogant and incapable of understanding something you obviously never felt but feel competent to talk about.

That biceps thing is not worth my time and Gothix is one of the rare PvPers I actually respect on this forum, so you can take your popcorn somewhere else.

Edited by Kat

Posted

Shh, shh, it's Kat. She stopped making sense a while back. She may have started full of good will but got corrupted along the way.

Thinking of her as Super-man from Injustice might help :)

Posted

No, English is not my first language but I bet I can speak and understand it better than you would my native language. 

So, even though I think its a waste of time on people like you, let me explain. If you ever felt true unfairness in life, both you and your parents, you would not have such superficial attitude towards it nor would you enjoy it in your game. If your Mother lost her children in a horrible accident (provided she cared, sadly too many parents seem to not care one bit today) I doubt she would make remarks about fair and pigs. Because some things in unfair life hurt too much, you dont make callous jokes about them and you are not eager to experience them again, not even in games. The fact that you have internet and can afford to play games means you are privileged, the fact that you want unfairness in your game means that you actually live a sheltered, safe life and never experienced that unfairness in its true form on your own skin. The fact that you have so little empathy for those who dont want unfair and nasty but play a game to relax and actually escape from unfair life, means that your parents didnt really do such a good job in being parents nor human beings no matter how intelligent and wonderful you may think they are.

That is why I find you arrogant and incapable of understanding something you obviously never felt but feel competent to talk about.

That biceps thing is not worth my time and Gothix is one of the rare PvPers I actually respect on this forum, so you can take your popcorn somewhere else.

Umm, it's ok Kat. The fair, in America, is like a carnival....where people take their prized pigs....you know like an old timers thing....because parents are like old and stuff....especially mine. Also, I love how you presume to know my childhood and how I grew up. I also like how you presume the game is unfair because you're unwilling to play the game as it's designed and you know, like get gud and stuff. I also find it funny how you're taking stuff that happens in a game, and presume people who kill your imaginary person is the devil in real life. Maybe you should seek psychiatric help if you have to escape the woes of your pitiful life in a video game. Or do they not have that in your country? You want to know what else my parents taught me? That empathy is why we have so many welfare babies that live off the government because we never forced their parents to get a job and handed them everything for free. But we can save that discussion for another time :) See, now that was arrogant. Oh Kat, look what you do to me!

Posted

Like I said, waste of time explaining something to people like you. Enjoy your safe, sheltered and fair little life, even though you deserve to experience something else and then be treated by heartless and careless people just like you treat others. No more discussing anything with you.

Posted

Like I said, waste of time explaining something to people like you. Enjoy your safe, sheltered and fair little life, even though you deserve to experience something else and then be treated by heartless and careless people just like you treat others. No more discussing anything with you.

Cool story Kat. Sorry a PKer pissed in your cheerios.

Posted

rare as in sits on his ass playing 16-20 hours a day living off welfare checks? k. 

kVFucjd.gif

Posted

-10000000? didn't know it went that far. Makes me wonder if this is legit.

there's a guy on orwen with around 4million karma i'd believe it

Posted

rare as in sits on his ass playing 16-20 hours a day living off welfare checks? k. 

If you knew first thing about him you would know how moronic your "welfare check" sounds. But what do I expect from american idiot with stupid gifs. Ignore is my friend.