• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I really Really REALLY hope they put back chat limitations.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Last week patch that increases the number of characters you can type in one message was a good idea. However they allowed too many characters. Ever since players have used their new found freedom to spam the channel with ASCII pictures and other such nonsense. They and the "gold sellers" are setting up their message to be so long even extending the window up you can't see their name to block it unless you do some creative stuff with the chat window.

I so hope they put back in some kind of limitation, maybe not to the extent it was originally but definitely reign in the current freedom these idiots are abusing.

5 people like this

Posted

dont need to break the character limit to fix chat. simply remove the paste command so people can stop pasting that bullshit.

also restricting chat characters wont stop gold sellers.

1 person likes this

Posted

It won't stop them, but it will reduce the size of their individual spams.

Posted

Eh, not a rp'er, but I like what they add to the game. It's hard as hell to rp one line at a time.

It's also hard to say anything in general without extreme summarization under the old limit.

Posted

Arent gold sellers lvl 1? What about chat restriction below lvl 10 atleast.

1 person likes this

Posted

dont need to break the character limit to fix chat. simply remove the paste command so people can stop pasting that bullshit.

Locking channel chat to people with only 100 energy will though. 

1 person likes this

Posted

NO do not remove the past command!

We are constandly pasting screenshots in our guild and stuf flike that. We life so far apart and TS and stuf flike that is not possible for a lot of us. 

So please do not remove that! We have so much fun with shortlinks lol

Posted

NO do not remove the past command!

We are constandly pasting screenshots in our guild and stuf flike that. We life so far apart and TS and stuf flike that is not possible for a lot of us. 

So please do not remove that! We have so much fun with shortlinks lol

if you can type shortlinks into your browser, you can type them into chat. get discord.

Posted

10lvl it's too easy...lvl 20 and we have a go...let the gold spammers earn their spam

1 person likes this

Posted

It was a bad idea to increase the character cap without a lot to help stopgap the gold-scammers, but man are those gold scammers good at stylizing their spam. Some even took advantage and made their chatbox longer than the default chatbox so most would have to resize the chatbox just to block them. 

I saw an idea where if enough people chatbanned someone, that user wouldn't know and still be able to chat - yet no one will see what they wrote. 

Posted

I would like the ability to make my own chat filters, that way I can adjust my filter when I need to and adapt to the spam.

Posted

I don't see any legitimate post needing more than four or five lines. Most games have a limit that genuine people can work around easily. Paste command is useful for lots of things like web addresses, so should be allowed. ASCII doesn't bother me. Just giant sized ones every few seconds until I block the posters.

I think it's about time some basic filters were added though. It's ridiculous that the advertisers can post their web addresses so clearly over and over again. How hard can it be to ban any post containing the names of their websites and any containing "VVVVVV"?

Yep. Many games do just that.

Posted

I like the idea of a minimum level prob 15 not too hard to reach yet still takes a little effort. I love the idea of creating your own personal filters. I'd come up with as much possible ways they can spam their address and block em all and add as they make some that I've missed.

Posted

Last week patch that increases the number of characters you can type in one message was a good idea. However they allowed too many characters. Ever since players have used their new found freedom to spam the channel with ASCII pictures and other such nonsense. They and the "gold sellers" are setting up their message to be so long even extending the window up you can't see their name to block it unless you do some creative stuff with the chat window.

I so hope they put back in some kind of limitation, maybe not to the extent it was originally but definitely reign in the current freedom these idiots are abusing.

It's annoying, but you can at least click and hold down the top left corner of the chat window and drag to increase the size. Doing that will allow you to see the spammer name and block them.

Posted

It's annoying, but you can at least click and hold down the top left corner of the chat window and drag to increase the size. Doing that will allow you to see the spammer name and block them.

I've encountered some that extended way beyond even when extending the chat to the top of the screen. I managed to pull off blocking them but it does get annoying, but seriously why do they need THAT many characters allowed in one message?

Posted

How was your time in negative karma land?

Posted

Locking channel chat to people with only 100 energy will though. 

That would be aweful, since the channel chat is often something very resourceful for new players and an unjust punishment, besides 100 energy is quite a bit, that would leave many players out that have even reached level 20+

Posted

Restricting chat characters is annoying and makes writing more than 2 sentences horrible experience

Posted

You guys are asking for the wrong things.
Ask them to go ahead and spend 100k to hire a developer to handle this issue with their chatserver.

Automation regarding chat filtering is totally a thing.
But expensive.

Which is why most companies don't do it.

This same rule applies to RMT.
But because so many don't know this, they are not obligated to do it, because it costs more money.

business

Posted

That would be aweful, since the channel chat is often something very resourceful for new players and an unjust punishment, besides 100 energy is quite a bit, that would leave many players out that have even reached level 20+

I can get 100 energy by level 20. It's not hard. 

Posted

I can get 100 energy by level 20. It's not hard. 

You sir are my hero. Cause I sure as hell can't pull it off nor can a lot of lvl 50's I see. Granted those guys grinded to 50 and didn't care much about gaining knowledge but 100 Energy at 20 is one hell of an achievement.

Posted

Make a shorter limit in the global channels. Keep the long limit for guild, party, rp, and local. Remove paste. Add 1-click no-energy-cost report button for gold spammers.

1 person likes this

Posted

You sir are my hero. Cause I sure as hell can't pull it off nor can a lot of lvl 50's I see. Granted those guys grinded to 50 and didn't care much about gaining knowledge but 100 Energy at 20 is one hell of an achievement.

every mob from Olvia to Velia get knowledge on, talk to every npc, talk to every item that lets you talk to it as well. Do this while following quest line and every quest that you can get, by the time you get to Glish, you should have 100 energy. It's not hard, just time consuming. Discover every node, using bddatabase as a way to locate npcs. Talk to npcs beside npcs that you can gain amity with. These npcs can sometimes provide stories for knowledge. Certain quests give knowledge as rewards. If you level too far from certain zones then prepare to not be able to gain this knowledge, you will have to make an alt and go back. People never tell you that certain quests are level restricted. Also, do not make an alt of the same class as your main. This will make it so that you cannot follow certain quest lines. I assume these last two are bugs within the game. 

Posted

I'd like to see 100 character max and 15 energy per chat.

Those level 50s rushed and didn't do the actual content. I'm level 22 and have 90 energy... concentrating almost entirely on the life skills. 

I think this will be an advantage for life skill players as the combat players won't want to go back (and can't easily catch up) to players committed to advancing gathering. crafting, processing, fishing, etc.

Posted

Considering it takes literally 5 minutes to hit lvl 10 that wouldn't stop then one bit. Bump it to 20...or tbh just put the captcha that we have on the mp in general chat if you speak x number of times within x number of minutes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0