• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Compensation Conclusion

390 posts in this topic

Posted

Well it has been over 24 hours since the last post by CM_Jouska. Hopefully this means some solution has been found and they are organizing it? Crossing my fingers. (Trying my best to stay positive)

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it has been over 24 hours since the last post by CM_Jouska. Hopefully this means some solution has been found and they are organizing it? Crossing my fingers. (Trying my best to stay positive)

I tried that for about a week, and now it just became apparent that they have no clue how to fix this problem. They messed up on giving us the compensation twice now, or is it three times now? So ya, I have to say that I am reluctant to believe anything they say at this point, until I actually see the fix.

You see, my problem is not that they made a mistake, because that happens. But when they screw me on the pearl shop, they screw me at launch, they don't answer tickets fast enough (sorry, that is their problem if they are overwhelmed), and they close out a ticket with a half ass'd reply that doesn't even pertain to the question, then I reopen a ticket, and they close it saying it was fixed and got my compensation, and it isn't even true, and I got half of it... and still missing the other complete compensation... 

THAT is what pisses me off, lie after lie, after saying they fix a problem that isn't even fixed.

Posted (edited)

I guess I'll point out, in case the marketing department is watching.

Your market strategy is called "Whaling" (whether you call it that or not) what that means is that you target whales to pay for server/update costs. A "Whale" being somebody that purchases hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of digital goods because either A.) They can afford it or B.) They have no concept of value. Your cash shop prices being 30 dollars for a cosmetic item (no matter how much detail you put into it) is a high price, now a whale isn't going to care. The prices are marketed at the idea of whales purchasing these outfits, and other overpriced cash shop items, and not really caring that the "Buying Public" or sensible consumers will not pay these outrageous items. The idea being that the buying public are not going to pay that much into the game even if it was cheaper, the Whales will pay the higher price and the margin will be the same, if not higher.

Alright, with that in mind lets look at a whale, and if they picked one of the three pre-order packages, which one would they pick?

How many of these whales are effected by these issues? I know people are charging back because I still have a notice sitting in my paypal security manager asking about the transaction for BDO, asking if it was a legitimate transaction and is one click away from giving me a full refund. So I would wager you've already had charge backs, this alert popped up after this fiasco. That's a pretty standard behavior of a whale or at least the "No concept of value" whales, pretty standard of somebody who throws money at something then realizes they aren't getting what they paid for. You've based your business model around hunting these people and getting a larger margin off of them, but you sit here and continue to try and make them extinct before they fund you.

I'm not upset that other people got their compensation, I'm not even upset that some people unfairly got compensation when they had no issues (in fact with the way you handed out the compensation to "anybody who claimed in the first few hours" anybody who didn't have an issue WILL get it and anybody who had it reset and had to reclaim it 40-60 hours after release won't). I'm upset because players told me where my characters were, players told me how to fix the download issues, players told me how to fix the "claim" link, players told me how your compensation was handed out.

Notice the pattern, the problem is your lack of communication is a guarantee that I will not be spending a dime on you, considering I had the 100 dollar package, you'd assume that the amount of money I would have ended up throwing at the game could have been pretty high, while one person is not a huge deal (mind you Riot games has easily made 1000's off my account + all of the other people I referred). Currently I'm telling people to stay away from your game, and I'm not the only one effected. You can be sure that people who paid the highest price for pre-order should be considered your funding investors. These people gave you the most money out of anybody.

But it's clear you're not here for the long haul. The reason I can say that is because not only do you not respond when asked simple questions, questions that get answered by the community, but the fact that there wasn't an official announcement about the issues delivering items and support issues ON THE LAUNCHER, or in the buy Daum Cash page. In fact according to the launcher, main page of the website, and twitter handle, everything was a smooth launch with no issues. Which means you had no care for the fact that people that would make a purchase and not receive it, and then not have support due to your backlog.

Clear signs, you expect the game to flop and you're just grabbing as much cash as you can.

Edited by Sherrif
3 people like this

Posted

All these replies, and pages go by, and not a single comment from DAUM/PEARL ABYSS about anything. They simply don't give two shits about this at all.

Eventually they will get on and say, we are working on it, we fixed it, or we will let you know soon.

How many times do you want them to say ''we're looking into it'' ? Would you feel better if they just auto copy/pasted the same ''we're looking into it'' every 5 hours? 2 hours? 10 hours? You'd ----- and moan about that too.

Posted

I guess I'll point out, in case the marketing department is watching.

(allthat.txt)

I don't even want to know how much I've spent on League skins... or Aion outfits/stuff/etc... Hell, I even bought into world of warcraft trading cards.  I'm the worst about overspending on virtual goods. And I absolutely refuse to spend ANY more $ on pearls until they send Comp B. That's it. Pretty simple. They either send what they promised, or I don't buy anything else from them ever... :/  I hate it.

Posted

How many times do you want them to say ''we're looking into it'' ? Would you feel better if they just auto copy/pasted the same ''we're looking into it'' every 5 hours? 2 hours? 10 hours? You'd ----- and moan about that too.

We have heard that with every single, "SUPPOSED" fix, so we don't care anymore. We want the damn fix, not excuses.

Posted

Hope by updated they just meant adding those hashtags to a new response... still waiting :)

Posted

I want a title..

"Remember Serendia"

or

"For the one's lost and the names unclaimed"

1 person likes this

Posted

fgsdffgsdfggsdsfg97@gmail.comfgsdffgsdfggsdsfg97@gmail.com

Posted

I want a title..

"Remember Serendia"

or

"For the one's lost and the names unclaimed"

"Never Forget Serendia" ...wait about 175 days, when it's in totally bad taste and will insult absolutely everyone... then maybe they'll give you a title. Or some GM apologies and craftable food instead.

Posted

I still have not gotten compensation 1 and 3, but instead today got a mail that gives me serendian special food, and 5 gm thingy for the trouble of compensation coupon issue.

I am still entiteld to pet food, horse skill reset, 10 gm etc..etc, so it's not solved, but they closed my ticket.

I sent ticket again, and now I gotta wait even more for something that could've been fixed in one go.

I am not even sure if it was overlooked or it's on purpose. Why??

Posted

it is their weekend

Posted

it is their weekend

That excuse only works 2/7ths of the time!

Posted

it is their weekend

It is definitely the weekend, and even with that, our CS Team is working through the queue.  More than a few of the team has skipped their time off to continue resolving the issues.  I understand the frustration of those who were affected, I too experienced the issues, that being said I do not have an update that has not already been made.  Once I have more the update will be provided.

Posted

It is definitely the weekend, and even with that, our CS Team is working through the queue.  More than a few of the team has skipped their time off to continue resolving the issues.  I understand the frustration of those who were affected, I too experienced the issues, that being said I do not have an update that has not already been made.  Once I have more the update will be provided.

It's difficult to be sympathetic that people are being forced to do their job, particularly when it's not apparent that said job is even being done. Results and communication get more gratitude than silence.

Posted

How about those of us that had our ticket addressed by CS trying to give us crap food and not wanting to give us the compensation pack we're supposed to get? How is that good support? 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/48055-anyone-else-not-get-compensation-from-head-start/&do=findComment&comment=680140

Posted

Update: I was surprised to see my new ticket replied to shortly two days after sending it and was also nice to log in and have the rewards already sent to me which if you don't know are 10x tier 3 apologies and 10x Serendia specials. Originally I was hearing 3x of each buff but 10x seems fair enough. Thanks for sending these items to me faster than I expected. Though I still haven't received all my compensation for the items and stuff yet. Hopefully that gets sorted soon. 

Gotta say though, if the posts were more clear about the compensation it would have cleared up a lot of assumptions and misunderstandings on information we were left without knowing. Personally if I knew what the compensation specifically was rather then having to go off what others say I wouldn't have been so mad about it. 10x is a lot better then 3x. 

Posted

Server: Edan

Family name: Foxs

Character Name: Urocyon

- Should have gotten compensation B when I got A, my Comp A items are sitting in my mail unused. Didn't know the names of the compensation but when I saw I only got 5 apologies I knew I acquired the wrong package. 

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Putting a new system in place with even worse compensation is not the same as delivering what was promised. 

yup, i got a "compensation of sorts" nothing i've seen before in the compensation pages... yet i'm still missing my Compensation 1 items from getting a Delivery Failed Notification on the 29th for claiming on the 28th ... they gave me x5 GM Apology (i don't know what Tier) and 5x serendia something... oh and of course .. let's close the ticket and mark it as Solved....  i had to reopen the ticket and tell them what they missed (again) ...

Things like this make me question if i should invest more money into this game later on... I would ask for a refund but since we all had to choose between playing the game or getting a refund (before we could play the actual game CBTs don't count as playing the game since this are early stages and a lot can change with or without notice)....

i think you know where i'm going with this... I'm really disappointed in this whole support thing ... also noticed and informed the support team that FB team responded way faster than them... that's a sad thing to say :(

fgsdffgsdfggsdsfg97@gmail.comfgsdffgsdfggsdsfg97@gmail.com

totally agree with you ...

Posted

I accepted that headstart issues happened. I also accepted that it would take a little bit of time for these issues to get sorted out. After 16 days, my ticket was closed. All I ended up getting was a GM response to my ticket who sent me 5 apologies /5 food, which I won't even take out of my mailbox, since I can't remove them, throw them on the ground, and stomp all over them. Marking my issue as resolved, when it clearly wasn't kind of has me fuming. I have tons of respect and usually plenty of patience for developers and support staff, especially with newly launched games, but at this time I'm losing both of those. At this point, I really regret investing in the game as a conq pack holder. The support (lack of) we have received has been terrible. FeelsBadMan

2 people like this

Posted

So we are told to update our tickets with that hashtag to get things fixed.

We get this message:

Due to the issues regarding Compensation Packages, we have sent you an in game mail with some special items. In your mail, you should have the following:

5 x GM Apology (1h)
5 x Special Serendian Meal

I hope, I assume, that this is to compensate the compensation not happening.  That we will get our correct compensation of:

10 1h GM Apology T3, 5 GM Apology T2, 30 Nutritious Feed, 1 Horse Skill Change, 10x Extra Horse EXP Scrolls 20%, 10x Dye Boxes

To me, the Feed and the Dye are more important than the Horse XP and the Apologies.  They are nice, yes, but I want the damn feed and dye!  lol.

So....what's the deal?

Posted

So we are told to update our tickets with that hashtag to get things fixed.

We get this message:

I hope, I assume, that this is to compensate the compensation not happening.  That we will get our correct compensation of:

To me, the Feed and the Dye are more important than the Horse XP and the Apologies.  They are nice, yes, but I want the damn feed and dye!  lol.

So....what's the deal?

Wow, I'd trade you all my dye for the Horse XP scrolls because that's what's most valuable to me. :P

Posted

Wow, I'd trade you all my dye for the Horse XP scrolls because that's what's most valuable to me. :P

We all got different priorities dont we? haha

Posted

Got offered:

5 x GM Apology (1h)
5 x Special Serendian Meal

This is clearly not Compensation B, so I have reopened my ticket - Request #41341 

Thanks

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we will be closing down the previous threads related to Head Start & Launch Compensation and directing them to this thread.  We are aware that there are still some who have not received what was promised, and to expedite the reconciliation of this issue we are putting a new procedure in place.  If you meet either of the following criteria please update your support ticket with the appropriate trigger phrase and your ticket will be moved to the proper queue in order to get it resolved.

1. Compensations were not properly distributed, either you received the wrong compensation or received no compensation at all when you should have. >Reference<
    • Update your ticket with #compensation

2. People that ended up on a wrong server by creating a character in Serendia channel during the first day of Head Start and did not receive any compensation at all.
    • Update your ticket with #serendia

This process will only be available for existing tickets, creating additional tickets or tagging tickets with the wrong #trigger will not speed the process, on the contrary it will only create additional work and slow the resolution time.  We know this has been a messy process, and the situation is less than ideal for those effected, but we are thankful for your patience and dedication to Black Desert Online.

Hope to see you in game soon,

-The BDO Team

You should look up the definition of conclusion.  The current half-assed attempt is more a continuation than conclusion sir.