• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Loving the game so far, don't listen to the crybabies

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Like most things in life you only hear about the negative aspects of a product so here is a positive thread!

I'm what most would consider an MMO vet, ive played most MMO's from UO to DAOC to Lineage 2 to Archeage, I'm a pvper at heart and i love sandbox games.  I almost didn't come to BDO for hearing so many false claims about the game "oh its p2w" "oh its a grind fest" blabla.  Well I can honestly say I'm having a blast and it's probably the most in-depth MMORPG I've ever played even more so than UO.  

I login daily and I struggle to log out on time because there's just one more thing to do.... The mystery of the game is also extremely appealing, the internet is not flooded with accurate guides so it makes theory crafting a little more relevant.  As a guild it seems we are finding out new things each day, from NPC's that do special abilities to more uses for contribution points that seem fairly hidden.

I have to say:

• Don't listen to the whining about pking and pvp.  If anything make open world pvp more appealing.  Games that have 0 open world and heavy instancing end up with dead zones and you don't see a single player outside of major cities.  I played WoW for a number of years and in the end I don't think I ever left town, I may as well have played a lobby game.
  • Don't listen to the whining about gear, it's very easy to get to a +15 Yuria "end game" weapon, even easier than most MMORPG's that require you to kill an end game raid.  

Take some pride in a character and progress it, don't expect hand outs and free epics, this is not the game for that.  Join a guild and get some help if you need it.  

/end

Untitled.jpg

8 people like this

Posted

great post, this game has alot to offer when you take your time. but time and effort is what these crybabies lack.

great topic mate.

10/10

Posted

Like most things in life you only hear about the negative aspects of a product so here is a positive thread!

I'm what most would consider an MMO vet, ive played most MMO's from UO to DAOC to Lineage 2 to Archeage, I'm a pvper at heart and i love sandbox games.  I almost didn't come to BDO for hearing so many false claims about the game "oh its p2w" "oh its a grind fest" blabla.  Well I can honestly say I'm having a blast and it's probably the most in-depth MMORPG I've ever played even more so than UO.  

I login daily and I struggle to log out on time because there's just one more thing to do.... The mystery of the game is also extremely appealing, the internet is not flooded with accurate guides so it makes theory crafting a little more relevant.  As a guild it seems we are finding out new things each day, from NPC's that do special abilities to more uses for contribution points that seem fairly hidden.

I have to say:

• Don't listen to the whining about pking and pvp.  If anything make open world pvp more appealing.  Games that have 0 open world and heavy instancing end up with dead zones and you don't see a single player outside of major cities.  I played WoW for a number of years and in the end I don't think I ever left town, I may as well have played a lobby game.
  • Don't listen to the whining about gear, it's very easy to get to a +15 Yuria "end game" weapon, even easier than most MMORPG's that require you to kill an end game raid.  

Take some pride in a character and progress it, don't expect hand outs and free epics, this is not the game for that.  Join a guild and get some help if you need it.  

/end

Untitled.jpg

Exactly this the happy people are logged in 24/7 a good amount of forumites are just whiny 

Posted

Agree. 

It's a shame that forums is only populated by people who dont play the game :^)

Posted

I have a crippling addiction. It's called Black Desert.

...Black Dessert... Mmmm...

The only time I've been seriously annoyed at the game was when someone stole the horse I was taming.

Posted

I'm a casual player, maybe 3-4 times a week logging in, who enjoys working for what I get and exploring.  I don't want it handed to me, I want to find it and work for it.

I love this game so far.

Posted

well i think it´s just the majority of the gaming community, overweight lonely male depressed and agressive people let their frustration out in the forums or being very negative due to non existent/non succesful real life. it´s weird because people are complaining about every small thing in the game lol,

daum does a great job just to ignore all the cry babies so in like 1 month we have less whining threads and more helpful topics and a more friendly atmosphere in the forums.

and yeah, the game is really, really great and perfect..

Posted

well i think it´s just the majority of the gaming community, overweight lonely male depressed and agressive people let their frustration out in the forums or being very negative due to non existent/non succesful real life. it´s weird because people are complaining about every small thing in the game lol,

daum does a great job just to ignore all the cry babies so in like 1 month we have less whining threads and more helpful topics and a more friendly atmosphere in the forums.

and yeah, the game is really, really great and perfect..

They'll be the same in real life too, they will be that annoying guy at the party nobody really likes but they invited him along as a pity invite.

then he'll  sit there and ----- and wonder why he doesn't get invited anywhere.

Posted

The only time I've been seriously annoyed at the game was when someone stole the horse I was taming.

It happens... ;)

Still, telling people not to listen to criticism... yea.

Posted

I have to say:

/end

Untitled.jpg

Good post... However I guess you missed the 100 thread's against NA player's seeking such change's only to be shot down by EU or other NA player's saying that they are crying or trying to dumb down the game... The destruction of MMO's is certainly on it's way.

Posted

Take some pride in a character and progress it, don't expect hand outs and free epics, this is not the game for that.  

That right there.

Posted

I have a crippling addiction. It's called Black Desert.

...Black Dessert... Mmmm...

Had that yesterday too >.<

I was failing multiple times and just a guy/girl comes buy on her horse, jumps off and catches the horse And left off >.<

Posted

Had that yesterday too >.<

I was failing multiple times and just a guy/girl comes buy on her horse, jumps off and catches the horse And left off >.<

I feel you bro.

What was worse is the person insulted me while leaving.

Ah well.

Posted

I feel you bro.

Ah well.

After catching the horse?

Posted

Best. Game. EVER!

The only bad thing is whiny people and spammers spamming goldthingy in chat, bit annoying to keep on blocking new ones all the time!

Posted (edited)

I feel you bro.

Ah well.

Nice... I had one guy/gal catch a horse and just stand there, not finishing the mini game, because of the possibility of me catching the horse if they would fail... I waited for roughly 3 minutes before leaving with a chuckle.

Edited by WarBaby2
1 person likes this

Posted

I agree, this game is more fun than I anticipated.
It's AA but without the P2W Cash Shop.

I wish there was more PVE though (AKA Dungeons)

Posted

the game will only get better in future patches imo.  land expansion and more systems coming.

Posted

'I enjoy the game so everyone who has a different opinion is wrong'

Useless thread. Most people are enjoying the game, doesn't make what they're complaining about have any less merit.

1 person likes this

Posted

'I enjoy the game so everyone who has a different opinion is wrong'

Useless thread. Most people are enjoying the game, doesn't make what they're complaining about have any less merit.

do u even MMO? doesn't history tell you that forum whiners usually get what they want?

its about the people who are trying to change the game from its intended audience to suit there personal needs.

Posted

'Im not enjoying the game so everyone who has a different opinion is wrong'

Its goes both ways...

Posted

I have to say:

/end

Untitled.jpg

I am always happy to see someone post something positive about a game I love. Or at least, constructive criticism along with what's being done right. You got my 'like' today!

Post your profile pic! I love my character. She may not be the best in one thing or another, but she's a perfect fit for me!

Also, happy St. Patrick's day!

Posted

I AFK fish while at work, I AFK fish while sleeping, I play for a few hours every night and don't want to stop...  I log out every Wednesday morning because the game makes me... ;) 

Posted

Game is refreshing, it brings something new to the table. At least it does for me. Some people will like it, some people

will hate it and some in the middle. It is what it is.