• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

party Reward playing together - don't punish it

71 posts in this topic

Posted

+1, it was said many times... we need atleast +10% exp for every member in party :|

so... solo you get 100%
duo, 60%
with 3 guys, 53%
with 4... 45%
5 guys... 40%
6 guys... 66%  - ya.. 100/6 = 16,6% from every mob ur party kills, and additional 5x 10%, because you are in party with 5 members.

Ofc, 6 man party, will get much more exp from one mob, than all other variants, but... imagine, if you can get big spot enough, to handle 6 man party? :D

3 people like this

Posted

I think 10% per person is too much maybe 5% any small advantage would be good enough cause u'll be able to kill more / take a wider range of mobs with more people

Posted

+1, it was said many times... we need atleast +10% exp for every member in party :|

so... solo you get 100%
duo, 60%
with 3 guys, 53%
with 4... 45%
5 guys... 40%
6 guys... 66%  - ya.. 100/6 = 16,6% from every mob ur party kills, and additional 5x 10%, because you are in party with 5 members.

Ofc, 6 man party, will get much more exp from one mob, than all other variants, but... imagine, if you can get big spot enough, to handle 6 man party? :D

Yea, i don't know what % it should be thb... but definately something :P
I hope it will catch the eye of one of the CM or GMs :) In the general forum there's alot of ppl talking about it, yet here in the suggestion part i've missed it somehow 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm playing BDO with my gf, and it is a lot slower to level in party than if we go solo. It's simply stupid.

Posted

I'm playing BDO with my gf, and it is a lot slower to level in party than if we go solo. It's simply stupid.

Yea, that's the point... This way ppl never want to play together which is stupid, considering it's an MMO :)
It's like, hey, i'll whisper you while you're playing over there, not interveining with my mobs and vice versa... so if that would change it would open up group play :)

Posted

+1 

Posted

i think they should increase the exp when playing in party, also it would be nice if there was a way to select who gets the drops (for example if im playing with a friend and we get drops, we could be taking turns to get thems , like 1 blackstone each )

Posted (edited)

There also needs to be locations that can support groups that can also mitigate the XP sharing due to the stronger monster xp+kill rates.

My post highlights another aspect of this on the request of locations/content that supports these kinds of areas.

Edited by Redire
1 person likes this

Posted

don't even need a bonus, just make it normal rate atleast..

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm down for this.  Maybe even small luck increase for parties while fishing? ;P  I've done so much more fishing than anything else in CBT.  But yeah, I have not talked or partied up with anyone in CBT because there has been no reason too.   Reward for working together is a must.  Give more PvE challenges that would be difficult or impossible without a party will also help. (only level 15 because of all the fishing so maybe these challenges come later and I just have not seen them yet)

Posted (edited)

+1 to the topic, further comments and explanations are not necessary.

Just give us the reason to use the whole "party" feature, please.

EDIT: Moreover, in the current state of the game, when you meet other players on an exping spot you always treat them as enemies, because they steal your mobs/exp.

Now imagine what would happen if you would improve the Party experience rate, making us actually want to team-up with other players...
The same people who treated others as enemies before, would now just invite each other into party and instead of stealing mobs one from each other, they would kill mobs together. Instead of being angry and bored with grinding, people could actually be happy and positive.

Dear developers, you want your players to have mostly the positive feelings while playing your game, not the opposite.

Edited by NumbEncore89
3 people like this

Posted

I agree on this all the way....  especially on Co-op boss. that should be automatic, by that it should get stronger as more ppl join to kill it.... don´t even need to party for killing thous..  i can undertand that it can be missused. but if you havent done the quest it should count.. and when the quest is done you dont get anything or at lest way lower xp so you don´t XP harves or exploit.

Posted

As the game is now, people won't party up or play together. The system just doesn't feel right to do so. The only benefit would be to share the loot, but this doesn't outweigh the disadvantages. Right now, everybody plays solo unless they play with people they know in real life.

I'd love to team up with people i don't know, chat all day and have a good time. But right now, it's more beneficial to just ignore everybody, since the chances of creating a party are almost non-existent. When you reduce the EXP recieved in group, there is no real trait for teaming up. I really hope there's a way to tackle this problem as it is now ;) 

I play togheter whit people it's what i like but the system I can agree on is dumb it's more soloing as you say

Posted

I too would like to see a reward for playing in groups than playing solo, its an MMO lets encourage group play :D

Posted

+1 to the topic, further comments and explanations are not necessary.

Just give us the reason to use the whole "party" feature, please.

EDIT: Moreover, in the current state of the game, when you meet other players on an exping spot you always treat them as enemies, because they steal your mobs/exp.

Now imagine what would happen if you would improve the Party experience rate, making us actually want to team-up with other players...
The same people who treated others as enemies before, would now just invite each other into party and instead of stealing mobs one from each other, they would kill mobs together. Instead of being angry and bored with grinding, people could actually be happy and positive.

Dear developers, you want your players to have mostly the positive feelings while playing your game, not the opposite.

Yea, nice thinking :) the enemie aspect dissapears, unless... another formed group arrives at the same spot :) but that makes thing even more interesting! ;) you will group fight over a grinding spot instead of 1v1 :) protect your new spot with your newly created friends

I too would like to see a reward for playing in groups than playing solo, its an MMO lets encourage group play :D

Well, reward is kind of a big word to use ;) I don't mean reward as in something extra actually,... more like, no disadvantage? just anything other then less xp for teaming up would be a nice start!

1 person likes this

Posted

+1

Posted

I agree with this. I was noticing I got more exp when not grouped versus being in a group with my friend. Having lower exp yield would make more sense if someone helping you is way over-leveled for whatever task/quest you are on, or rather the higher level person shouldn't really get any exp or a small percentage would lower what you receive for having the higher level help.

Hopefully this is looked at carefully considering most MMOs encourage grouping when you can but at the same time shouldn't punish the group nor the solo players. It should be balanced.

Posted

+1 look at party mechanics

Posted

yea, let's hope one of the GMs or CMs picks this up :)

Posted

Agree +1

Posted

completely agree, its kinda sad that you get the urge to say no when your friends ask if you wanna hang out and grind with them because its gonna slow your progression down so much

Posted

+1

Posted

there is no problem with group exp, the problem is with solo exp.

the downgrade that each party member face to the exp it gets from a kill is both logical from a game mechanics point of view and from a role playing point of view, dont rage yet , let me explain.

beeing in a group, and what i'm gonna say is truer and truer the larger the group is, should let everry individual member kill more monsters for a lower risk.

1 a group will kill mobs faster than a solo, so they will kill more over the same amount of time

2 a group will use less individual ressources to kill a mob, less mana, stamina, hitpoints.... so they will kill monster longer than a solo player before they need a break to recover

3 everry member in the group is at a lower idividual risk compared to what a solo is facing

so point 3 is the rp explanation why a group will not get 100% of a mob exp since they never faced 100% of the danger it was. ( a group of 2 is not not just twice the strenght of a solo, it's more like 2.1 or even more cause working as a team brings in synergy)

points 1 and 2 are the game mechanics explanation.

lets try maths a group of 2 kills 2.1 monster while a solo kills 1, they can kill without stop for 110 while the solo has to stop at 100, so for the same  hunt round (time you kill monsters before you have to stop to recover) solo killed 100, group killed 231 lets say that the break they need is 10 and they can in total hunt for 500

at the end  solo will have killed 460 mobs group 966 mobs solo is 47.6% of group so if each group member only get 48% from a kill they still earn more exp than a solo.

the numbers used are only for the math.

The problem is solo is already at max what the world can provide, mob count, spawn rate etc.. and no one needs any break so  the theorical maths are wrong, real math are closer to solo 500 group 500 .

to adress that problem you have multiple angles,

a) change mob count and respawn to let group use the synergy effect ( there are already plenty of monsters that spawn quite fast for me, more or faster would not be nice especially if pushed far to compensate how characters are powerfull in solo)

b) up monsters to be sure solo cant do 500 (that will make fights longer, more dangerous, taxing on ressources; well tweeked that is the best option, but too hard is worst than anything so fine tunning is requested)

c) since the group is 2.1 solo strong it can try to hunt stronger monsters, stronger monsters give more exp that compensate.

solo 500 monsters of value 1 , group 500 monsters of value 2.1 if we keep the 48% gain each  group member will get 504

so as of now if you want a group to be  exp efficient  you should go hunt bigger monsters, lot bigger, and if solo can kill the biggest that level caps let you kill then groups are screwed as a way to exp. but not because of how they work, but because of the way solo works.

1 person likes this

Posted

[...]

What you say is absolutely true. with the current group and difficulty of mobs, you won't get that mathematical exp you stated first. Your solutions are indeed a good way to adress this problem. 
Though i really wish to see harder mobs that you just can't defeat solo, i doubt they will implement that. Maybe a couple of mobs, but no big area's with "not-soloable" mobs. So given they won't implement that aspect, i'd rather they up the exp for partys a little bit, just to encourage players to group together. 

The solutions i stated above are not the best solutions... i know that.. I just wanted to say that there should somehow be change in the system :) I don't want to say how, i just want to say they should look at it ;) 
good post and reasoning @Markof, i'm with you in the things you say :)