• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Trying to figure out the armour combo right for me

44 posts in this topic

Posted

So i've been reading up a bit on the different armour types and what works well with valkyrie and such along with socketing with gems however i'm still unsure what I want to go with completely. Currently i'm thinking of going with the following:

• Head = Taritas
  • Chest = Taritas
  • Gloves = Taritas/Agerian
  • Boots = Zereth/Talis/Taritas

As you can see i'm unsure if I want to go with the Taritas gloves to complete the 3 set bonus or Agerian ones for the cast speed bonus. Is the +5 accuracy bonus of the Taritas set important? Will i lose a lot of potential by recovering the accuracy through other equipment?

With the boots i'd like to know if the +200 endurance/stamina from the Zereth boots is worth it for the Valkyrie? I haven't unlocked all her skills so i have no clue which ones use stamina and which don't, though so far i haven't really run into situations where i've run out of stamina to use in combat.

Then there's the Talis boots which give +2 move speed, is this boost significant? How useful will it be in combat both PvE and PvP?

Then lastly the Taritas boots for more evasion and guaranteeing the 3 set bonus for the Taritas set regardless if i pick the Taritas gloves or not. Again this comes down to whether or not that +5 accuracy is very important.

I have considered going with a 3 piece set of Agerian (I'm actually using the entire Agerian set at the moment, not enhanced at all. Aka +0) but i've been finding i'm lacking in defence since my HP goes down a fair bit when grouped up with a bunch of mobs. Maybe i'm not dodging enough, i certainly don't use the shield to block at all since i move so slow in the guarding stance. So perhaps that's another reason why. But anyways it's why i figured I'd give the Taritas set a try to boost the DP i currently have. I definitely know casting speed is very handy for Valkyrie which is why i do like the boost the Agerian set gives for that but can i recover a good amount of it via socketing gems in the Taritas set without compromising sockets for other valueable stats/boosts?

Sorry for the wall of text but I hope some of you fellow players can help shed some light on this issue! Thanks in advance :)

Posted

If you're wearing tarotus you won't have the same amount of casting speed as agerian, so you'll have to make up for that casting speed.  Accuracy is pretty important in pvp, so I'd get the set bonus if I'm already wearing 2 pieces.  Valks don't really run out of stamina that often, so I'd say the only situations you would wear zereth boots is if you were wearing 3 pieces of agerian.  I wouldn't go with talis boots, since 2 move speed still won't make valkyries too mobile compared to other classes (rangers and tamers ;_;), so there would be much better alternatives.  Evasion is the best though.

You can definitely get 5 casting speed with tarotus, I'm personally using 3 pieces of tarotus with agerian gloves.  Valkyries don't need to stack too much hp/crit/attack speed, so it's definitely an option.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you're wearing tarotus you won't have the same amount of casting speed as agerian, so you'll have to make up for that casting speed.  Accuracy is pretty important in pvp, so I'd get the set bonus if I'm already wearing 2 pieces.  Valks don't really run out of stamina that often, so I'd say the only situations you would wear zereth boots is if you were wearing 3 pieces of agerian.  I wouldn't go with talis boots, since 2 move speed still won't make valkyries too mobile compared to other classes (rangers and tamers ;_;), so there would be much better alternatives.  Evasion is the best though.

You can definitely get 5 casting speed with tarotus, I'm personally using 3 pieces of tarotus with agerian gloves.  Valkyries don't need to stack too much hp/crit/attack speed, so it's definitely an option.

Thanks for the response! Got a few clarification questions for you :)

I don't suppose you know the move speed bonus for each lvl of move speed?

Since you say that evasion is the best i'm wondering how useful it'll be if everyone else is no doubt gearing with accuracy in mind. Will it really do anything? If evasion really is the better option out of the three then it would mean i'd probably just get the taritas boots and go with the Agerian gloves to help with the cast speed.

Finally why do you say that Valkyries don't need to stack much HP and crits? I understand they don't need attack speed because most of their skills rely upon casting speed. But why not HP and crits?

Still open to suggestions and criticism, definitely want to hear the opinion on others to get some perspective on what i should go with to best suit me! :)

Edited by Mizuki Nagano

Posted

Personally i use 3pc agerian with taritas boots for evasion. I have 3/5/3 atkspd cstspd crit. I contemplated swapping agerian chest for taritas for the extra 120 divine power. Could regem a bit an maintain 5cst spd with that setup.

Posted (edited)

2 PIeces Agerian (Glove + Chest) + 2 Pieces Taritas (Helmet + Boot) 

Edited by PuppetYuber

Posted

Thanks for the response! Got a few clarification questions for you :)

I don't suppose you know the move speed bonus for each lvl of move speed?

Since you say that evasion is the best i'm wondering how useful it'll be if everyone else is no doubt gearing with accuracy in mind. Will it really do anything? If evasion really is the better option out of the three then it would mean i'd probably just get the taritas boots and go with the Agerian gloves to help with the cast speed.

Finally why do you say that Valkyries don't need to stack much HP and crits? I understand they don't need attack speed because most of their skills rely upon casting speed. But why not HP and crits?

Still open to suggestions and criticism, definitely want to hear the opinion on others to get some perspective on what i should go with to best suit me! :)

I'm not entirely sure about movement speed, but I'll probably try to figure that out eventually.

Tarotus has accuracy and evasion, so it'll put you at an advantage against people who use Agerian or haven't stacked accuracy.  Even though other people are stacking accuracy, there should still be a chance of missing, which is always better than having no evasion to begin with.

Our Celestial Spear  at max rank gives  80% crit for 5 seconds, so since we pretty much rely on CS as an opener, we don't need to stack crit unlike wizards/witches.  Valks mostly do burst damage anyways.  We do want HP, but  it's less important than our other skills and stats, but it's still convenient.  Rangers need to stack HP because they have some skills that have HP added on as damage. 

Posted

Personally i use 3pc agerian with taritas boots for evasion. I have 3/5/3 atkspd cstspd crit. I contemplated swapping agerian chest for taritas for the extra 120 divine power. Could regem a bit an maintain 5cst spd with that setup.

I was considering going with that setup either that or with Zereth boots but I've yet to get a feel for the value of having the +200 stamina and if it's worth getting at all.

2 PIeces Agerian (Glove + Chest) + 2 Pieces Taritas (Helmet + Boot) 

Also something I've been considering on doing however I do miss out on that +5 accuracy which i'm sure that would require having to compensate for or make up for it somewhere else via gems or something seeing as how important having accuracy is. But could you explain as to why you went with this setup?

I'm not entirely sure about movement speed, but I'll probably try to figure that out eventually.

Tarotus has accuracy and evasion, so it'll put you at an advantage against people who use Agerian or haven't stacked accuracy.  Even though other people are stacking accuracy, there should still be a chance of missing, which is always better than having no evasion to begin with.

Our Celestial Spear  at max rank gives  80% crit for 5 seconds, so since we pretty much rely on CS as an opener, we don't need to stack crit unlike wizards/witches.  Valks mostly do burst damage anyways.  We do want HP, but  it's less important than our other skills and stats, but it's still convenient.  Rangers need to stack HP because they have some skills that have HP added on as damage. 

Hmm so it gives you an advantage over Agerian users how exactly? From the extra DP or from the extra MP or something else entirely?

I'm starting to lean towards going with the Taritas for Helm, Chest and Boots with Agerian for gloves at the moment. I'd probably make up for the cast speed using gems in the gear or even upgrading their rarity because i heard that you can get cast speed bonus for doing so? If i fail upgrading the rarity will it harm the equipment in any way?

Posted

I was considering going with that setup either that or with Zereth boots but I've yet to get a feel for the value of having the +200 stamina and if it's worth getting at all.

Also something I've been considering on doing however I do miss out on that +5 accuracy which i'm sure that would require having to compensate for or make up for it somewhere else via gems or something seeing as how important having accuracy is. But could you explain as to why you went with this setup?

Hmm so it gives you an advantage over Agerian users how exactly? From the extra DP or from the extra MP or something else entirely?

I'm starting to lean towards going with the Taritas for Helm, Chest and Boots with Agerian for gloves at the moment. I'd probably make up for the cast speed using gems in the gear or even upgrading their rarity because i heard that you can get cast speed bonus for doing so? If i fail upgrading the rarity will it harm the equipment in any way?

From the extra DP, MP, evasion, and accuracy.  So you wouldn't be able to get as much AP as you would with gemming Agerian, but you'll be able to survive for longer.

You shouldn't upgrade rarity until you +15 your gear, since you need an item of the same name to repair durability.  I don't think cast speed was a bonus, but I might be wrong.  And I don't think you can fail, since it's just crafting in a workshop.

Posted

From the extra DP, MP, evasion, and accuracy.  So you wouldn't be able to get as much AP as you would with gemming Agerian, but you'll be able to survive for longer.

You shouldn't upgrade rarity until you +15 your gear, since you need an item of the same name to repair durability.  I don't think cast speed was a bonus, but I might be wrong.  And I don't think you can fail, since it's just crafting in a workshop.

Ah i see thanks for the info raptorhead :)

Do you have any idea if upgrading an item to +15 and then upgrading rarity will give the same result as having the item already at that rarity you want it to be and enhancing it to +15?

E.g starting with green item -> enhance to +15 -> upgrade to blue/yellow VS upgrade item to blue/yellow -> enhance to +15.

Will both methods give the same result?

Posted

Ah i see thanks for the info raptorhead :)

Do you have any idea if upgrading an item to +15 and then upgrading rarity will give the same result as having the item already at that rarity you want it to be and enhancing it to +15?

E.g starting with green item -> enhance to +15 -> upgrade to blue/yellow VS upgrade item to blue/yellow -> enhance to +15.

Will both methods give the same result?

Yes but upgrading rarity when the item is +15 is way cheaper

Posted

Agerian parts are so cheap, you can make them in Heidel, so don't be afraid of upgrading before +15. But with more expensive items do it after +15.

Posted

Yes but upgrading rarity when the item is +15 is way cheaper

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

One more thing I'd like to know is what sort of gems I should be transfusing into my gear, I'm not sure what to put and all i can think of currently is the following:

Head = +2 Cast speed

Chest = ?

Boots = ?

Gloves = + 1 cast speed, +1 attack speed

Sword = ?

Shield = ?

The gloves i'm not even 100% sure on since i dont know if there is a better gem than that to put in them. I don't suppose there is a list of gems that exist in the game that i can just browse to put into the various slots of equipment?

Posted

3 Agerian 1 Talis for me.

Posted (edited)

There are many routes you can take with gear. Personally I chose 3 piece taritas with agerian gloves.

Head - +2 cast speed gem

Body- +100 hp and 20wt gem

Gloves - 10% grapple resist

Shoes - 25% knockdown and bound resist

Sword - Yuria sword of temptation (Gives +1 attack speed, cast speed and crit) with a +1 cast speed gem or liverto with two of the +1 cast speed gems.

Shield - Vangertz, Critical damage +1

The accuracy bonus is really great on the set, you get some nice resistance gems to put in your gear, and the max mp from the chest and set effect are really nice on a valk since some of the moves scale with max mp

Also note that you should focus on leveling your breath by not using your horse until it hits level 30, it'll definitely help with the stamina.

Edited by Andross

Posted (edited)

My setup seems to be a bit different from most others as I tend to focus more towards resistances over everything. I chose to go 3 piece Agerian with Talis Helmet.

Talis Helm - 10% Knockdown/bound resist.

Agerian Chest - Luck +1 (For now since I am still farming. Will switch over to +100 HP and 20 wt gem when I can).

'' Gloves - 10% Grapple resist.

'' Shoes - 25% knockdown/bound resist.

Yuria sword of Temptation - Cast speed +1 gem.

Vangertz  Shield - Luck +1 (again for farming so I hit 5 cap with cashshop underwear and 60 title bonus; will switch with crit dmg later).

For accessories, I pretty much go pure AP except my necklace which is a PRI: Kalis. I use this to offset the accuracy I lose for not using Taritas for now. Although I am looking to that Rough Ruby necklace atm so I can have 65% grapple resist and 3 more AP but I'd lose 6 acc.

So while I have a bit less AP than others due to my necklace, I gain extra grapple and knockdown resist from my helm and movement speed +1 over Taritas. Atm I have 55% knockdown resist and 45% grapple resist which is nice.

As for movement speed, I've noticed that the difference between +0 and +1 is barely noticeable but the when comparing +0 and +2, its quite huge. Especially in PvE situations where you are against others for mobs. I used to have +3 MS and I'd zoom all over wiping out mobs before others could. In PvP, I find its not that great as we can't really kite for crap (we're also slowed/cc'd/blocking 99% of the time) and the difference in MS while guarding will hardly matter (although I haven't really noticed a difference in movement speed while guarding but might just be me).

Edited by Anmida
Added more info.
1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the information Andross and Anmida :)

I think i might go with a similar if not the same setup to what you have Andross unless i find gems that suit my taste more. But in terms of gear i've decided to go with Tarintas helm, chest and boots with Agerian gloves. How did you get the Yuria sword of temptation?

Also what sort of accessories would be best to fill in the remaining slots?

Posted

For accessories this is about the general upgrade path almost everyone follows:

PRI/DUO Bares Necklace until Ogre Ring.

PRI/DUO Ring of Good Deeds or Ring of Dim/Concentrated/Sealed Magical Power (Obtained via a repeatable quest around Abandoned Monastery and Hexe Sanctuary. I believe quest chain starts from either the Jeweler or Banker in Calpheon) until Mark of Shadow.

PRI/DUO Earrings of Dim/Concentrated/Sealed Magical Power until Witch's Earring.

PRI/DUO Bares Belt until Tree Spirit Belt.

Posted

You can also do :

Heve helm
3x taritas

Or 

Heve Helm & boots
Taritas armor & gloves

Posted

For accessories this is about the general upgrade path almost everyone follows:

PRI/DUO Bares Necklace until Ogre Ring.

PRI/DUO Ring of Good Deeds or Ring of Dim/Concentrated/Sealed Magical Power (Obtained via a repeatable quest around Abandoned Monastery and Hexe Sanctuary. I believe quest chain starts from either the Jeweler or Banker in Calpheon) until Mark of Shadow.

PRI/DUO Earrings of Dim/Concentrated/Sealed Magical Power until Witch's Earring.

PRI/DUO Bares Belt until Tree Spirit Belt.

Thanks for the information Anmida :) Guess i'll be aiming to get that sort of setup as I level up and progress through the game, assuming of course the mediah update doesn't come up and make the setup change. Which by the way I don't suppose anybody could explain to me why the Grunil set is what would be best for Valkyrie?

You can also do :

Heve helm
3x taritas

Or 

Heve Helm & boots
Taritas armor & gloves

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll keep those in mind should i decide I want to switch the armour sets around a bit to play around in.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What do you guyz think about Mark of shadow insted of the ring of dim ?

Edited by WhiteSonja

Posted

I am doing tanky valk and going:

Helm and Body: Agerian

Shoes and Gloves: Heve

Target is to maximize DP, additional sockets for lacking stats like accuracy, HP and resists

Posted

I also think about 2 agerian parts and 2 heve, but take heve chest because it's allow to use 2x HP crystals what means 50 more HP.

Thing what hold me is I have no idea how damage reduction work. As far as I know it is impossible to make blue heve items, so I'm not so sure if HP is more important than damage reduction upgrade from other sets.

Posted

my setup:

Taritas helm, chest, boots, and Agerian gloves, with Vangertz Shield and Yuria Longsword of Destruction

gem setup:

helm - +2 casting speed

chest - +25 mp/dp/sp (cause i'm cheap...)

boots - 100 max stamina

gloves - +1 luck (cause im farming these days)

shield - +1 luck (cause im farming these days)

weapon - +1 casting speed (see below)

I get total +5 casting speed from this gem setup...because Destruction suffix on the weapon also gives +1 casting speed. So I get the maxed casting speed as well as enjoy the evasion and additional DP pool of Taritas set. Currently sitting at 411 DP (could get more if I switch out gems but....eh), and stamina at 1620 (level 27 breath).

I rarely run out of stamina to use dodge or side slash...and my SoJ hits like a truck (have 91 ap because my accessories all went poof due to rng...but CS + SoJ Ult wipes out a max pull of skeletons including the warrior mobs)

Posted

Currently sitting at 411 DP (could get more if I switch out gems but....eh), and stamina at 1620 (level 27 breath).

Sorry, what? 141DP? 114DP? 

Posted

Sorry, what? 141DP? 114DP? 

divine power. defense is currently 153.