• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Accuracy for the ranger class

26 posts in this topic

Posted

So the bronze vs. steel dagger debate is still pretty hot. From my understanding only 15 or so accuracy is needed to fight most players @50+. With a yuria weapon at +15 you should have around 15 accuracy so what is the advantage to running bronze dagger? Looking to see people's research into this if they are willing to share.

Posted (edited)

You'll need more accuracy to compensate for a bigger level gap between you, and the person/monster that you're attempting to kill. We do not know how much accuracy we have at any point really, unless we're only using items on which the accuracy visually increases as we upgrade (and isn't a hidden stat, on most items it is a hidden stat). The Bronze Dagger's accuracy does not visually increase as it upgrades but we assume hope it does. Same thing with the Yuria Longbow. So there's no way to determine either how much accuracy we need, or how much accuracy we have.

This discussion has popped up on multiple threads and I have no idea why you created another one. In my personal opinion, Bronze is the safer option. With a +15 Bronze and a +15 Yuria, you're not going to miss anything (unless what you're fighting has 3+ levels on you perhaps). With a Steel, you'll gain a boat load of AP. But if you have all that AP and you're missing attacks, or even worse a knockdown, what's the point of having the extra damage?

Edited by Ayl

Posted

You'll need more accuracy to compensate for a bigger level gap between you, and the person/monster that you're attempting to kill. We do not know how much accuracy we have at any point really, unless we're only using items on which the accuracy visually increases as we upgrade (and isn't a hidden stat, on most items it is a hidden stat). The Bronze Dagger's accuracy does not visually increase as it upgrades but we assume hope it does. Same thing with the Yuria Longbow. So there's no way to determine either how much accuracy we need, or how much accuracy we have.

This discussion has popped up on multiple threads and I have no idea why you created another one. In my personal opinion, Bronze is the safer option. With a +15 Bronze and a +15 Yuria, you're not going to miss anything (unless what you're fighting has 3+ levels on you perhaps). With a Steel, you'll gain a boat load of AP. But if you have all that AP and you're missing attacks, or even worse a knockdown, what's the point of having the extra damage?

Waw, no need to bite the dudes head off. IMO, you have call of the earth and at 50+ you shouldn't need the bronze. I use the steel and I don't miss that I've noticed. But I am level 51 and haven't fought many rangers that may stack evade as gems like I do. It's personal preference, I will probably have one of each soon enough, simply because they're not difficult to acquire.

Posted

Waw, no need to bite the dudes head off. IMO, you have call of the earth and at 50+ you shouldn't need the bronze. I use the steel and I don't miss that I've noticed. But I am level 51 and haven't fought many rangers that may stack evade as gems like I do. It's personal preference, I will probably have one of each soon enough, simply because they're not difficult to acquire.

I bite.

Lazy people who don't read the plethora of other posts, then post a question that's been asked quite a few times already, annoy me.

2 people like this

Posted

I bite.

Lazy people who don't read the plethora of other posts, then post a question that's been asked quite a few times already, annoy me.

^

Call of earth is garbage, no one is going to have time to pop Call of Earth with it's "cast time" and managing a very short duration buff wastes precious dps time. Don't waste points in that garbage until you just don't have the points to spend. Stacking evade gems is useless because every class pretty much stacks accuracy. Best set for warrior is taritas, pretty much same with berserker, valk, and tamer unless they go Agerian which then puts them in the same boat with the lack of accuracy. The only class that don't go some form of accuracy through set or offhand are wizards because their spells act differently. Evade was also nerfed heavily on other clients and we're running on the same patch without the mediah / valencia update. Trying to hit a well geared player with no accuracy is just suicide and you might as well just run or take the butt whooping and move on.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree call of the earth is mostly unusable in PvP. In my own experience so far accuracy also increases the likelihood of a successful knockdown against higher level targets which is incredibly valuable. With steel I could only KD people who were sub level 50.

i have also found that bronze dagger massively helps deal damage to targets who are blocking (pve and pvp) lending weight to the argument that accuracy has some kind of hidden armor pentration value. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't waste points in Call of earth until you just don't have the points to spend

agree 100%

in other versions CoE was good agains bladers, coz they have too much evasion. But now since bladers lost their CC-chains and knowdowns im not sure if we ever want to use CoE =\

Posted

^

Call of earth is garbage, no one is going to have time to pop Call of Earth with it's "cast time" and managing a very short duration buff wastes precious dps time. Don't waste points in that garbage until you just don't have the points to spend. Stacking evade gems is useless because every class pretty much stacks accuracy. Best set for warrior is taritas, pretty much same with berserker, valk, and tamer unless they go Agerian which then puts them in the same boat with the lack of accuracy. The only class that don't go some form of accuracy through set or offhand are wizards because their spells act differently. Evade was also nerfed heavily on other clients and we're running on the same patch without the mediah / valencia update. Trying to hit a well geared player with no accuracy is just suicide and you might as well just run or take the butt whooping and move on.

You do realize that you can cancel CoE's animation, right? :)

Posted

I'd assume that's it's common knowledge that you can. You can cancel just about every other animation. Having to refresh the buff every 10 seconds is still a waste of MP/time in PvP if you're not outgearing your opponent. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you have time to cast CoE (especially to keep it up) your opponent is so bad you probably could have won the fight without even using a bow. :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's safe to say that you should have +hit food at all times and that would be a start of making bronze dagger obsolete.

It will become more obsolete if you have +hit rings which is a good choice if you don't have money to enchant blue rings

It will become even more obsolete if you have enchanted tree spirit belt.

It will become completely obsolete after you have Bheg gloves and Zaka.

Let's not forget that during important pvp encounters you will also have +hit alchemy as well. All of that being said, i find it hard to justify investing money into bronze dagger. 

Edited by li3to
1 person likes this

Posted

It's safe to say that you should have +hit food at all times and that would be a start of making bronze dagger obsolete.

It will become more obsolete if you have +hit rings which is a good choice if you don't have money to enchant blue rings

Let's not forget that during important pvp encounters you will also have +hit alchemy as well. All of that being said, i find it hard to justify investing money into bronze dagger. 

My thoughts exactly.  Save your Blackstones for a Steel Dagger folks.

Posted

I don't know, I guess until I get boss gloves and weapon, as well as a tree spirit belt, and get tri ring of good deeds, the bronze is just way better than steel. I have a +7 steel and my damage was abysmal without my bronze even with a +15 bow and pri ring of good deeds in pvp and even saw a dip when fighting Calpheon shrine and abandoned monastery mobs which are lower level than I am. Until I start dabbling in alchemy and cooking and make my own buffs, I just don't see me replacing bronze for a while until as you said once you're stacked in gear, steel becomes better. As a fresh 50 gearing, or even a moderately geared ranger bronze is hands down better.

Posted

My thoughts exactly.  Save your Blackstones for a Steel Dagger folks.

I think li3to is right on all accounts, but whether you invest in Bronze or not is a personal decision. I don't think you should be pushing people away from it. I know that I already have both my Yuria and my Bronze at +15, so I'm just stockpiling black stones and Steel Daggers (for repairing) at this point. 

Posted

I think li3to is right on all accounts, but whether you invest in Bronze or not is a personal decision. I don't think you should be pushing people away from it. I know that I already have both my Yuria and my Bronze at +15, so I'm just stockpiling black stones and Steel Daggers (for repairing) at this point. 

What people are failing to realize here is that boss gloves are not only forever and a half away, they're rare as shit and may take MONTHS of grinding to get, till then bronze dagger is pretty much king lol, you can +15 a bronze dagger, get boss gloves, sell dagger for a shitload of money and just remake a steel one.

2 people like this

Posted

investing money into bronze dagger. 

just 4-5kk in the end. also dont forget we have problems now with liverto and we have no idea when we will be able to try our luck with bheg's gloves:) 

Posted

That's why I put cast time in quotations. Still takes time to use even with a cancel and it's up only 10 seconds, wasting too much time and mana to constantly keep up.

Posted

just 4-5kk in the end. also dont forget we have problems now with liverto and we have no idea when we will be able to try our luck with bheg's gloves:) 

How do we have problems with Liverto? :) That thing gets spammed in trade notifications constantly on my server :D

That's why I put cast time in quotations. Still takes time to use even with a cancel and it's up only 10 seconds, wasting too much time and mana to constantly keep up.

That is true. The bufftime is simply too short to be worth it.

Posted

How do we have problems with Liverto? :) That thing gets spammed in trade notifications constantly on my server :D

That is true. The bufftime is simply too short to be worth it.

i guess we are from different servers =\

Posted

i guess we are from different servers =\

Yeah, I'm guessing you're from Orwen or Uno. I hardly ever see liverto pop up on Orwen.

Posted

Yeah, I'm guessing you're from Orwen or Uno. I hardly ever see liverto pop up on Orwen.

Yup, it's very rare to pop up on Orwen. But when it does, man, the competition is intense. I've lost the last 3 that have popped up.

Posted

Jordine QQ

ndW8p0D.jpg

Posted (edited)

fbkhqXa.png

Edited by Intimacy

Posted

fbkhqXa.png

i can feel yr pain T_T

Posted

My only issue is that I'm currently using a +10 steel dagger, and used some spare black stones to get a bronze to +7. The only thing I noticed was a significant drop in damage against mobs. Once I have more funds I'd be willing to do testing for both at +15 but right now it seems everyone has their own opinion about which is better. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0