• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

New thread:

The new patch on 3/16/16 invalidates the old data from breeding since the ratio has been changed.  

New thread for discussion of findings, breeding results, progress, and other horse related issues.

******************* USEFUL LINKS *******************

**** ACTUAL BREEDING DATA ****

This document summarizes all of the breed attempts posted in this thread.   It is the most useful and accurate data IMO as it shows the actual, real-life results of breeds:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XEEtygDTCAEnsz3zinLWOkIgcP444pv_PhSGd6_0wJg/edit?usp=sharing

**** BREEDING PROBABILITIES BASED ON TIERS / LEVELS OF BREEDING PAIR: ****

This is a breed predictor app that tells you what you should expect when breeding certain tiers and levels of horses.   Note that this is based on data-mined data that has been floating around from Russia/Korea and so it may not be 100% accurate.  It does, however, appear to be "very close" to reality.

http://www.blackd.de/horse/

**** HORSE AVAILABILITY CHART ****

This is a list of all available horses and their statistics.

Album:  http://imgur.com/a/DaeiQ

Location of stables:  http://oi57.tinypic.com/21ju1d4.jpg   (blue represents markets)

[Stables by Markof]

• Velia expandable to 5 (+2)
    • Olivia
    • Western Guard Camp
  • Heidle expandable to 7 (+4)
    • Eastern Gateway
    • Southern Guard Camp
    • Central Guard Camp
    • Glish expandable to 7 (+4)
    • North Western Gateway
    • "the red orc bridge stable" -> you can see it on the map but cant check the horses there from the map
  • Keplan expandable to 7 (+4)
  • Trent expandable to 7 (+4)
    • Behr
  • Epheria Port (the only Major stable that is not expandable)
  • Calpheon expandable to 8 (+5)
    • Florin
    • Delph Outpost

************* FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ************   (Contributor: maywind / snarf)

1) Does tier affect how much experience is needed to level up your horse?

Yes. The higher the tier the more experience is needed to level up the horse.

2) Does tier affect how frequently your horse learns skills, I know it's random but does the odds of learning skills increase as your tier increase

No conclusive answer to this. My personal experience with leveling tier 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 horses in both NA and KR indicates yes, the higher tier horses learn skills more frequently. However, there are also breeders that reported other results (ie. "dumb" tier 6 horses). (maywind)

3) Does tier affect the amount of skills, again also random depending on the horse, but does tier play a part in it?

See above.

4) Your training level, does it affect how fast your horse learns skills( i.e question 3?)

No conclusive answer to this. But based on breeders' personal experiences, training level seems to not have any effect.   In fact, training level appears to do nothing at all.   Perhaps in the future it will help tame higher tier horses.

5) Your Training level, does it affect how quickly 'unperfected' skills are mastered?

No conclusive answer to this.   Possibly so though.

6) What is the fastest way to level up a horse.

General feeling is that 4-horse wagon is faster than 4 horses single, but costly as an entire Noble Wagon will only take 4 T4 horses up to level 22 or so.    It's going to take a couple of noble wagons to take T6s up to 30.   Single horse riding is definitely most efficient if you're going to manually sprint.

7) Are the comqueror T5 horses crap for breeding?

Yes, it appears so.   They seem to breed as if they were T2 or T3 horses.   Don't waste your time trying to breed them with high level horses.

8) Are T3+ horses in the wild yet?

NO.  Only T1 and T2 spawn and may be tamed.

horsebreeds.jpg

34 people like this

Posted

Leveling my next pair of T3's to around lvl 10 or 11 - will post my results when I get them! ^^

Posted (edited)

Posting this here as well so new people know at least T6 is possible.

IqsQeGp.jpg

0ULGm77.jpg

Edited by WildAce
28 people like this

Posted

Can we get higher than T2's in the wild now? Had a quick look round all the spots but people had beaten me to it just after the maint...

Posted

Congrats on your T6 -- you had amazing timing with that patch ;)

I'm a little behind given my horrific results from yesterday, but the new ratio should help get me back.

Posted (edited)

Can we get higher than T2's in the wild now? Had a quick look round all the spots but people had beaten me to it just after the maint...

I've only seen up to T2 so far and I caught ~8 horses so far since the patch and saw probably twice that in total.

Edited by Pheace

Posted

Although the patch didn't mention taming, I do wonder if there's a chance they stuck T3 or T4s into the wild....  keep an eye out...

Posted

Congrats on your T6 -- you had amazing timing with that patch ;)

I'm a little behind given my horrific results from yesterday, but the new ratio should help get me back.

Yeah i don't know if it was the patch or not, is the foal generated when they go in for breeding or only when you go to initially retrieve the foal.

If it was generated when they initially go in for breeding then it was on the old system, and if it is generated only when you try to claim the foal then it was on the new system.

Posted

I am going to breed my two t2 lvl10 horses pretty soon; lets see if t4 is possible with such a "low" level ;) 

Posted

I've tamed what I've seen since maint and all T1s so no evidence of a T3+ in the wild from me.

Posted

and i have a ton of Males in my stable..not a daum Female -_-

5 people like this

Posted

Its probably been asked a million times already but is there a cooldown or limit on how many horses you can exchange a day/whatever? I swear I had read there was but I can't remember and don't want to waste mine on T2's if there is. 

Posted

Posting this here as well so new people know at least T6 is possible.

Hidden Content

Nice colors too!

1 person likes this

Posted

What I wouldn't pay for a nice T6 horse :(

Posted

Exchange cooldown is supposed to be once per day. But then again the tooltip said one of the horses needs to have 1 breeding remaining but that is clearly not the case. I say try it and let us know. :)

Posted

Exchange is limited to once a day. Already tried it. Unless they changed something with the new patch....

Posted

Its probably been asked a million times already but is there a cooldown or limit on how many horses you can exchange a day/whatever? I swear I had read there was but I can't remember and don't want to waste mine on T2's if there is. 

Ive tried it and it only lets you exchange once a day.

Posted

Anyone else finding taming to be much easier? Only needed to use 2 ropes once now after a bunch of horses. May be in my mind though so thought I'd check here.

(And if they changed that, I wonder what else got changed when they updated breeding difficulty...)

Posted

What I wouldn't pay for a nice T6 horse :(

All it costs you is some time, and 10 liters of mountain dew.

2 people like this

Posted

and i have a ton of Males in my stable..not a daum Female -_-

Same dude '-'

Posted

Second breed results are in T5 Male.

v7RIJB0.jpg

Wish it would of been a female T5, another T6 male likely wouldn't have been much help either, but this is the first T5 male i have that is not my Conq horse so i am happy about having one.

Going to continue lvling up this second T4 female, to breed with the T4 male that is already lvl 30 when i reset its breeding attempts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Working on leveling some T3's to 20 or maybe 30 if I'm patient enough, will post results when I do!

On that note, how does everyone here level horses? Is there a path you run to level yours? I've been running from Velia to Trent back and forth.

Posted

ndnc05.jpg

Leveling my next t3 male now - excited to put them into breeding and see what I get!

Posted

Second breed results are in T5 Male.

Wish it would of been a female T5, another T6 male likely wouldn't have been much help either, but this is the first T5 male i have that is not my Conq horse so i am happy about having one.

Going to continue lvling up this second T4 female, to breed with the T4 male that is already lvl 30 when i reset its breeding attempts.

Great job anyway! And good luck in leveling :)

Preparing my lvl 11 T3 F....!

Posted (edited)

Aww :( Well at least it's a gorgeous T5 and something that you needed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for your other breedings.

I'm in the process of leveling some Tier 3's to 10 like a few others to see what it'll get me. More data to hopefully see just how much this patch changed the chances for higher Tiers. 

Edited by GidgetSirvat
1 person likes this