• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw someone saying something about him in channel chat (I was fishing out in the sea so not even close). To be honest, if I had pure bred black, I'd never breed it before T9 release, awful skills or not. I still have my 3 T8, and I will breed them (to try get pure bred out of reds, bred one already to get the second female :D ). But pure breds should be saved. Poor guy.

was me then :P should change my char name in rainbowrat but not gonna spend money haha x)

Posted

It is very hard to argue with someone about color theory. It is very easy to click on the wrong horse to breed, look up the color values incorrectly (some sites/sources have the wrong color values for skins), or think all colors must qualify not just one.

When we did testing in this thread (800 or so pages ago) people submitted 1000s of breeds and like 5 of them didn't follow color theory. We followed up on those 5 and 4 of them turned out to be mistakes and did in fact follow the theory. In a world full of online trolls that is pretty strong evidence the theory is correct.

One of two things is true:

(1) Color theory is "correct" and 100% cannot be violated.

(2) Color theory is "almost correct" and the chance of getting results that violate it are less than 0.001% (0.01% or 0.0001% ... take your pick).

Either way, I would try to follow it or get ready for disappointment.

I've stopped trying to convince people "who had a friend/guildie" breed two horses and are 100% sure it violated the theory. The only way I'd believe it is if I saw a video of the foal being accepted. And even if someone does prove it one day can be violated, (2) still applies.

This is how I feel too. At this point I'm tired of explaining that color theory is probably correct or if it's not 100% correct, then it's evidently very nearly correct and it's worth paying attention to anyways.. I try not to argue with guild-mates who claim to know a person who bred horses without the color adding up... or claim they themselves just had it happen. People tend to get offended because I was implying they made a mistake or that their friend made a mistake.. but human error happens. I just tell them now to match colors when they can and hey if they somehow get a purebred white T8 without having 8 white, awesome. There's never any proof and there will most likely never be. Most of  the time they are not documenting their horses nor can they be sure they didn't click on someone else's horse in the breeding market. Regardless of what happened, you have an awesome horse now. In the future, trying to add up to 8 white won't hurt in the least.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wohooo! Got it! After all these months! That awesome T2D!

W3xni87.thumb.jpg.52f21e00027de655113387 Daddy T1 lvl 1 (NPC beginners horse) + QteKlBf.thumb.jpg.698d2005c8e58ceecc82c3 Mommy T1 lvl 10  = 

2016-12-10_2578773.thumb.JPG.5b915843ab7

(Stallion named "Abrego")

Edited by Nyrante
8 people like this

Posted

I will just leave this here.... ^_^

Hurra, hurra, soeben mein Vierergespann vervollständigtxD

2016-12-10_519795089.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

I really miss afk training.. but bills say nay. Not many breedings these days...

9q55bmJ.pngL22 F + pzK63nR.pngL23 M = wJPENIj.png

I'm not even mad, it's a purebreed. Good Base for white T8 goal or something like that.

Posted

Is color theory a thing of the past now? It seems that people who post here are getting T8E (purebred white) with color combinations that add up to less than 8 white. And someone in my guild claims to have just gotten a purebred white with only 7 combined white (T7H + T7D).

all of my t8 pure breeds had 8 or more in black or white. 

Posted (edited)

This is how I feel too. At this point I'm tired of explaining that color theory is probably correct or if it's not 100% correct, then it's evidently very nearly correct and it's worth paying attention to anyways.. I try not to argue with guild-mates who claim to know a person who bred horses without the color adding up... or claim they themselves just had it happen. People tend to get offended because I was implying they made a mistake or that their friend made a mistake.. but human error happens. I just tell them now to match colors when they can and hey if they somehow get a purebred white T8 without having 8 white, awesome. There's never any proof and there will most likely never be. Most of  the time they are not documenting their horses nor can they be sure they didn't click on someone else's horse in the breeding market. Regardless of what happened, you have an awesome horse now. In the future, trying to add up to 8 white won't hurt in the least.

I absolutely agree... My problem (and I guess what happens a lot of times for people who get 'bad' results) was I just didn't really understand how it worked.  Now that I do I can see that all the breedings I've had have been within the theory.  My only question would be about how it actually determines the color within your possible choices.  I'm fairly convinced that when I'm trying for purebreds I'm more likely to get a purebred that's a lower level than get a higher level that is not purebred.  I don't have any real evidence obviously, but when I was trying for the T7 pure black, I ended up getting the T5 pure black more than I got a non-black T6 or a T7.

Has anyone else seen this or was it just RNG doing it's thing?

Edited by Shaynae

Posted

Woot!  I got a female T6 from another T3 pairing!

Now I got a pair of T6's.  :D

babyhorse3.png

I exchanged the father and one of the mothers and got a weird green colored T5 male...

babyhorse4.png

4 people like this

Posted

Woot!  I got a female T6 from another T3 pairing!

Now I got a pair of T6's.  :D

babyhorse3.png

I exchanged the father and one of the mothers and got a weird green colored T5 male...

babyhorse4.png

pretty sure that t5 has the fastest  speed if you happen to get good skills on it. Might end up being a champion race horse! :D

Posted

pretty sure that t5 has the fastest  speed if you happen to get good skills on it. Might end up being a champion race horse! :D

Sweet!  I still haven't done a horse race yet but I will have to get this green horse some levels and try him out.

Posted (edited)

Say Hello B|

To My New Baby Girl 

gCiUPxK.jpg

Exchange: T7i 30 + T7i 30 (not the pure white but its ok :) i love my new Girl)

Edited by Rou
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Say Hello B|

Hidden Content

Hello and those are some nice colors baby horse!

Edited by Petruvius

Posted

Hello and those are some nice colors baby horse!

:) yeah i rly love this Colors ! I hope i get soon the pure White :) 

Posted

:) yeah i rly love this Colors ! I hope i get soon the pure White :) 

And the curse of Rou is broken!  Glad to see you getting some finally!

Posted

And the curse of Rou is broken!  Glad to see you getting some finally!

:x its a good feeling after so many "Fails" 

Posted

Hi~ My horses aren't ready to breed yet.. However! I came here to ask if anyone else is dc'ing every night few mins after you go sleep/leave pc? On NA servers.. It never happened to me while on Orwen, but now with this mega server, I crash every night and I don't even know what to do. My internet is fine, so it's driving me crazy ><'. It happens on whatever city and channel I decide to afk, and I send it to tray. Sigh :c

Posted

Hi~ My horses aren't ready to breed yet.. However! I came here to ask if anyone else is dc'ing every night few mins after you go sleep/leave pc? On NA servers.. It never happened to me while on Orwen, but now with this mega server, I crash every night and I don't even know what to do. My internet is fine, so it's driving me crazy ><'. It happens on whatever city and channel I decide to afk, and I send it to tray. Sigh :c

I have the same problem, happens more often than not :(

I have breed lvl 30 T7s with no deaths 8 times now.

Of those 8, 7 have been T6F and one T7F, is it bad luck or normal to get that many T6?

Also if anyone is thinking about selling a T8 I would love a PM and a headsup, thanks!

Posted (edited)

So lately I have been having my weird breeding results, I don't seem to get anything else than T6 females or T7 males from T7+T7. I'll show the example from my latest breeds.

On the last breed I did get a T7 female though so that was atleast good.

Parents:

GTZPGF4.pngT7E Male Lv30 dXhS0q1.pngT7I Female Lv30

Foals:

Breed: 6jTDEbs.png T7C Female   Reset: PQdPVSt.pngT6C Female

Round 2, reseted the male.

Parents:

GTZPGF4.pngT7E Male Lv30 dXhS0q1.pngT7I Female Lv30

Foals:

Breed: a14JK6i.png T6H Female   Reset: GTZPGF4.pngT7E Male

And this is pretty much what happens everytime minus the T7 female. Thats the first T7 female I've had in over a month.

Anyhow, this is not a complete breeding round, but this is what happens like everytime I do T6+T7 breeds it seems.

Parents:

6jTDEbs.pngT7C Male Lv30 ZtCqXED.pngT6P Female Lv27

Foal:

Breed:XVYxCbb.pngT8A Male   Reset: X8VyW4m.pngT8D Male

Gotten 7 out of my 11 T8's from the T7+T6 mixes, and I've done way more breeds with T7+T7, this is starting to annoy me. :D

*edit, reseted the horse, put them breeding again, came back after sleeping some to find yet another T8, no joke.
So yeah now 8/12 are from T6+T7.

Edited by Someone
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I absolutely agree... My problem (and I guess what happens a lot of times for people who get 'bad' results) was I just didn't really understand how it worked.  Now that I do I can see that all the breedings I've had have been within the theory.  My only question would be about how it actually determines the color within your possible choices.  I'm fairly convinced that when I'm trying for purebreds I'm more likely to get a purebred that's a lower level than get a higher level that is not purebred.  I don't have any real evidence obviously, but when I was trying for the T7 pure black, I ended up getting the T5 pure black more than I got a non-black T6 or a T7.

Has anyone else seen this or was it just RNG doing it's thing?

I said it before when I received my first race box emblem - my belief is that color value of parents only allows, or prevents (in case of pure breeds), certain skins. Everything else is rng. You get a 'stock' of skins you qualified for with your parents (tier, level, color values), and then the roll begins. Just like the race box. That's it, I don't think there's anything more to it than that. Now, when it comes to results of the roll, I'm not sure if it has certain percentages to stop at certain skins higher or lower than the other (like the advanced GM box when most people get only black stones, and rare lucky few 'good' results).

I read all the theories about how you get foal, but this is my opinion, and not necessarily correct one, but it seems to be the easiest and least complicated to code anyway.

Edit: btw @Rou, I'm really happy your curse had been broken. I knew it would, it was only a matter of time. Graz on all the gorgeous horseys you got, and good luck getting that amazing beautiful white one :)

Edited by Ratnica

Posted (edited)

hello I had a question probably a stupid one but is there any way to see who bred your horse or were it came from just wondering and if not is anyone naming there horses specially in case they want people to see or know it was one of theirs 

Edited by theotherguy

Posted

12 Horse Race Boxes to date:

Tier 6  -  7

Tier 7  -  5

Tier 8 - 0

I have been slowly upgrading my racers:

Tier 1 - 1B - lvl 30 - Sprint

Tier 2 - 2A - lvl 28 - Instant Accel

Tier 3 - 3C - lvl 30 - Instant Accel & Sprint

Tier 4 - 4Q - lvl 29 - Instant Accel

Tier 5 - 5A - lvl 30 - Instant Accel, Sprint & Drift (have a 5N I am working on)

Tier 6 - 6B - lvl 30 - Instant Accel, Sprint & Drift

Tier 7 - 7F - lvl 30 - Instant Accel, Sprint & Drift

Tier 8 - None

Posted

Gotten 7 out of my 11 T8's from the T7+T6 mixes, and I've done way more breeds with T7+T7, this is starting to annoy me. :D

You made me want to try... I've bred T7E + 6D.

Few tries on 2x 7's before.

Guess what I've gotten... an 8B from it. What is this black magic eh?

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem, happens more often than not :(

I have breed lvl 30 T7s with no deaths 8 times now.

Of those 8, 7 have been T6F and one T7F, is it bad luck or normal to get that many T6?

Also if anyone is thinking about selling a T8 I would love a PM and a headsup, thanks!

My latest foals have all been T6 females. Most of my past breedings in the past two months have been this result.  So discouraging.

T7 lvl 30 + T6 lvl 27 = T6 female

T7 30 + T7 30= T6 female,   exchange parents= T6 female

T730 + t6 lvl 28= first foal T6 female, second foal T6 female.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So happy for Rou tho!  Where are you getting your T7 females from Rou?

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted

You made me want to try... I've bred T7E + 6D.

Few tries on 2x 7's before.

Guess what I've gotten... an 8B from it. What is this black magic eh?

Haha well I updated my thing now as I got the reset foal aswell, surprise surprise yet another T8, I don't even know how this is possible.
I think they are broken, and gz! :D

Posted (edited)

again new images of possible t9 popped up (thanks lighting from dark horse discord!)

tmGW6Z6.thumb.jpg.8f29c9de18204372ae31d8mie48JG.thumb.jpg.bd744869f34667f69667fay8d5ciu.thumb.jpg.bae56ccd62334eb97d22ad8umFEKT.thumb.jpg.cd00db2d2f1fd0ee99b1531t7LUnv.thumb.jpg.ff86b2f8bea0eed322b010ZTkCeMB.thumb.jpg.bcb7cf13b7dcafd27224c2

Gotta say if these are real... I have no interest in owning a pegasus anymore lol. But it looks pretty close to the concept art....
Its wings are copies of the player costume only in large.. was hoping for something more anatomically correct and not these cliche angel wings x)

Edited by RainbowRat
1 person likes this