• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just to point out something here, T9 is an end game for training at least for now and it just came out, it is equal to a Pen item which no one ever got yet without spending cash on artisan memory so there is no surprise T9 will require all 3 factors, time/rng/ (cash if not patient), i am glad T9 require all 7 skills and efforts, otherwise really pointless to see everyone getting them, where is the achievement there, yes there will be rare cases where you don't have to spend a single coupon but that will take time just like getting a Pen weapon without spending cash. 

Edited by SillySin

Posted

Yes, but in those screenshots you cannot see every single skill. That's why I used that one. The screen I edited shows a horse that is only missing two skills (because of their order in the list, s:sm is always the last one if it has two seater learned and forechop is always the second one, but it has not learned it) and one of those missing skills is s:sm. I can only deduce that if a horse is missing that skill cannot be a courser, then. 

I do not know if they're going to apply it here the same way, but I think that screen is pretty clear :) 

Fair enough. You are definitely taking this deep in comparison. I cant say you are right or wrong. However, I think people should wait for clarification on how to qualify for Awakening training before spending all this money by assuming.

Just to point out something here, T9 is an end game for training at least for now and it just came out, it is equal to a Pen item which no one ever got yet without spending cash on artisan memory so there is no surprise T9 will require all 3 factors, time/rng/ (cash if not patient), i am glad T9 require all 7 skills and efforts, otherwise really pointless to see everyone getting them, where is the achievement there, yes there will be rare cases where you don't have to spend a single coupon but that will take time just like getting a Pen weapon without spending cash. 

No. Everyone doesnt get them.

There is a .015% chance you will get a T9. The chances of "everyone getting them" is as slim as a Pen.

Posted

From your link:

"The quasi-marshal is automatically classified if it possesses specific skills for each generation. If you have dashes for 1st and 2nd generation, dash and drift for 3rd and 4th generation, dash and drift for 5th and 6th generation, sprint for power generation, 7th generation for dash, drift, sprint, do. Finally, in the 8th generation, the 7th generation is classified as a quasi-quasi-quasi-"

WTF does this mean? Other then I know Quasi Marshal means Courser.

I think it's pretty clear... Dash is Charge.  generation is Tier.

What part are you having problems with?

Posted

Actually, looking at the picture, the cursor on the skills window is quite at the top, which would mean the horse only knows S:IA and 2 seaters. But again, it doesn't proove anything, and even if we knew for sure what was implemented for Korea, they still can change things for us.

And ... I am not sure it would be good news if the T8 couser only needed 3 of these skills. I mean, if I understood well, when the awakening of you horse fails, the horse remains level 30 with all his skills. If the T8s needed all skills to be a courser, that would be logical : it is difficult to get a T8 courser, but after you can try how many times you want with this one.

But if a T8s only needed 3 of the skills to be a courser, it could be considered as "too easy", and the t8 could come back to level 1......

If the T9s are considered as Pen stuff, it would be logical to have this level of difficulty.

Posted

I think it's pretty clear... Dash is Charge.  generation is Tier.

What part are you having problems with?

This part: "7th generation for dash, drift, sprint, do. Finally, in the 8th generation, the 7th generation is classified as a quasi-quasi-quasi-"

Posted (edited)

From your link:

"The quasi-marshal is automatically classified if it possesses specific skills for each generation. If you have dashes for 1st and 2nd generation, dash and drift for 3rd and 4th generation, dash and drift for 5th and 6th generation, sprint for power generation, 7th generation for dash, drift, sprint, do. Finally, in the 8th generation, the 7th generation is classified as a quasi-quasi-quasi-"

WTF does this mean? Other then I know Quasi Marshal means Courser.

Don't rely too much on google translate and more on your logic, as you can see in the link each time it's the same word, i supposed it means "generation" in korean so the guy who previously translated the word "three" near generation 7 and 8 made a mistake, and as you can see there is 7 skills listed for T8 courser

Sans_titre.thumb.png.ccfeb1a4171b69161c9

Edited by Chi Cha

Posted (edited)

There is a .015% chance you will get a T9. The chances of "everyone getting them" is as slim as a Pen.

This make no sense, Getting Pen item is not 0.015%, you have 20% chance at getting pen item with 124, where did you get that 0.015 from?

20% is not "as silm" as 0.015%.

Even with 0 fs the chance of getting pen item is 1.5%

Edited by SillySin

Posted

T9 is an end game for training

No. A big NO. I've been training since the release of the game. I know people that buy a decent horse and get a T8 from horse races, expend some money and now have a courser (assuming you need all the listed skills).

When the T9 arrive to EU-NA, he only needs to get the items, cross his fingers and try to get a T9.

He is skilled 1 trainer.

I'm Artisan 3. I only have 3 T8. Any courser.

High end for training? ...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Welcome to BDO, it seems despite your time in this game, you didn't get how this game works, spending time does not guarantee you high end items, there are people who grind ogres for months and never get Tri ogre, while some guy comes in, buy 4 ogres and get a tri out of it or someone with cash buys silver and buy it off market, you especially invested your time in the most useless life skill but we like it or just have lots of afk time (i am pro 10 with 6 T8s so far and 2x coursers) so i know since i am + Master in 4 other life skills, now T9 is high end and still rng cuz it is bdo definition.

I really hope they do give value to training life skill like more chances in succeeding in upgrading the T9 or better skills..

Edited by SillySin

Posted (edited)

Actually, looking at the picture, the cursor on the skills window is quite at the top, which would mean the horse only knows S:IA and 2 seaters.

That's what happens when you scroll down the skills of one horse at the stable and then select another one, then it show the last ones in the new selected one and the cursor appears on top, but if you scroll up you can see the other skills. See:

ApO9qFF.png

This horse has 16 skills, but I did what I have told you and the cursor appears on top :) 

Edited by Aeryeen

Posted

That's what happens when you scroll down the skills of one horse at the stable and then select another one, then it show the last ones and the cursor appears on top, but if you scroll up you can see the other skills. See:

ApO9qFF.png

This horse has 16 skills, but I did what I have told you and the cursor appears on top :) 

Ah ok, thanks for the info, I never noticed that before.

Posted

No. A big NO. I've been training since the release of the game. I know people that buy a decent horse and get a T8 from horse races, expend some money and now have a courser (assuming you need all the listed skills).

Races are the active part of horse stuff, it's logical you earn more things than doing only the afk part... It's like you want afk fishers to earn more than active fishers.

1 person likes this

Posted

What? You both (Chi Cha and SillySin) didn't understand what I said.

And yes, this randomforeverything is annoying.

GL and safe ways to everyone

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@NitroBurner

I spent a better part of a day re-translating one of the websites that you guys are looking at to get a better understanding of what it actually says. There is nothing in the translation that suggests you need only some of the skills. I'm not sure why the first translation we saw was translated with 3s next to tier 7s and 8s but if you just glance over the non-translated image up above in Chi Cha's post you can clearly see the same word after each tier (the same thing after tiers 8 and 7 as tier 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, and 6) which most likely translates to 'generation' as in tier.

Of course we cant guarantee that our version will be the same as the Korean's but it will likely be similar.

I will post the link to the translation I did here again in case anyone missed it.

Edited by Solest

Posted

Just in case some of you missed this gem of a thread, also in this business we all need to laugh at ourselves sometimes. :)

Posted

This make no sense, Getting Pen item is not 0.015%, you have 20% chance at getting pen item with 124, where did you get that 0.015 from?

20% is not "as silm" as 0.015%.

Even with 0 fs the chance of getting pen item is 1.5%

SillySin...I just spent the better part of an hour looking for where I read the .015% success rate and couldn't find my reference. I believe it was a Korean website translated or a Reddit post/response. So for now, take it as gospel as I cant spend any more time looking and I need to get back to work.

@NitroBurner

I spent a better part of a day re-translating one of the websites that you guys are looking at to get a better understanding of what it actually says. There is nothing in the translation that suggests you need only some of the skills. I'm not sure why the first translation we saw was translated with 3s next to tier 7s and 8s but if you just glance over the non-translated image up above in Chi Cha's post you can clearly see the same word after each tier (the same thing after tiers 8 and 7 as tier 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, and 6) which most likely translates to 'generation' as in tier.

Of course we cant guarantee that our version will be the same as the Korean's but it will likely be similar.

I will post the link to the translation I did here again in case anyone missed it.

Thanks Solest...no problem.

I think while everyone is working on getting T8's with seven specific skills, I am on the other hand is going to level T2's after T2's until I get my charge and then go for T9. :)

Posted (edited)

Only the T8s with the 7 skills can be awakened and magic wanded into a T9 if you are really lucky.

The other tier horses with the listed skills just give a chance to have a foal born with 2 skills - (2 if bred with another courser, 1 or possibly 2 if bred with a regular horse.  Just clearing that up if anyone is still confused.  (Laughed when I read that last statement as I think we all will be confused til we get the possibility of T9s here and actually see what is going on)

Edited by Ramblinrose
2 people like this

Posted

Should i succeed with the t8 awakening, do i lose something? Skills lvl etc? Do i need for the unique skills 2x t9s? A natural born t9 or just the awakened one. Im pretty new into rhis stuff,  got with my first breeding a t7 and with the 4th one a t8

Posted

i personaly don´t fear the skills, it´s more the necessary items xD and the cron stones, oh my god, all those cron stones....

Posted

Should i succeed with the t8 awakening, do i lose something? Skills lvl etc? Do i need for the unique skills 2x t9s? A natural born t9 or just the awakened one. Im pretty new into rhis stuff,  got with my first breeding a t7 and with the 4th one a t8

We don't yet actually know if you lose anything if you succeed.  And it's a single horse, not two.  It's not an actual breeding... but an awakening.  

Posted

Wow this thread still exists after all these months? You people taught me to how to get the hang of the taming mechanic a while ago, I recently got back into the game.

Posted

horse awakening process in motion, in case somebody hasn´t seen this yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2JCmaNS47E

You know what I got out of that Rat? I want a honkin' big burd to ride...

Tsiya

2 people like this

Posted

You know what I got out of that Rat? I want a honkin' big burd to ride...

Tsiya

Haha...me too!

But yeah..if there is someone who could translate that and give us the condensed version, it would be awesome....

Posted

horse awakening process in motion, in case somebody hasn´t seen this yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2JCmaNS47E

Can anyone translate what the text says in the vid? The only thing I could make out was "NPC" lol! I wish we could actually see someone awaken a T9 please.

That video didn't explain much other than collecting materials. Oh, and the T8 that player is riding around on has 8 deaths.

Ouch!