• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

8A.pnglvl 30 T8 A male  + 7J.pnglvl 30 T7 J female = 6Q.pngT6 Q female
Today's breeding results have been very disappointing. I think I'm done wasting T8 breeds for awhile. I have some T7s I gotta level and breed. -_-

Edited by Crow

Posted

no no, when you get the t9 that´s when it resets the skills

Oh ok that's alright then :)

Posted

so T9 = another money sink and a cash grab at the same time wonderful!!

Posted

so T9 = another money sink and a cash grab at the same time wonderful!!

Just wait for it, guaranteed: pearl abbys will add a new item in the pearl store, 'Coursair perfection' using this item your % will remain 200% after attempting to upgrade your horse to tier 9 --> 2k Pearls. 'Cause yolo horses are a great income for us, more rng you guys asked?

Posted

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to BDO, and I've been actively working on breeding (what can I say, it hooked me). This thread has given me a lot of great information. However I can't help but notice that the OP is a bit outdated, and the person who started it hasn't seemed to have posted since last May. Any chance a new thread can be created with newer/updated information and then replace this thread as a sticky? This thread has 1030 pages of posts, and seems to still be going strong. However I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the first post, while helpful, was a tad bit behind the times. ie.. the Breeding Calculator linked I don't use because apparently the NA servers have a tweaked mechanic (so I use the one located at http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ ), and it gives noticeably different results. Also the OP states that T3 horses aren't available in the wild, which we all know is old and incorrect.

No disrespect to the person who started the thread by any means. However the first post in the thread can no longer be updated since the user is no longer active (as far as I know). It'd just be nice to have the OP show links to currently accurate material.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it... can anybody tell me whether the cash shop/pearl store riding outfit stacks with the training clothes found in game? I'm breeding T6 horses now, and leveling them up is beginning to be a real chore. Especially when I get a T6 to level 20, and my target is 22 or 23. So I don't mind dropping a few bones on a cash shop item if it'll make my QoL experience better while leveling them.

Posted

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to BDO, and I've been actively working on breeding (what can I say, it hooked me). This thread has given me a lot of great information. However I can't help but notice that the OP is a bit outdated, and the person who started it hasn't seemed to have posted since last May. Any chance a new thread can be created with newer/updated information and then replace this thread as a sticky? This thread has 1030 pages of posts, and seems to still be going strong. However I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the first post, while helpful, was a tad bit behind the times. ie.. the Breeding Calculator linked I don't use because apparently the NA servers have a tweaked mechanic (so I use the one located at http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ ), and it gives noticeably different results. Also the OP states that T3 horses aren't available in the wild, which we all know is old and incorrect.

No disrespect to the person who started the thread by any means. However the first post in the thread can no longer be updated since the user is no longer active (as far as I know). It'd just be nice to have the OP show links to currently accurate material.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it... can anybody tell me whether the cash shop/pearl store riding outfit stacks with the training clothes found in game? I'm breeding T6 horses now, and leveling them up is beginning to be a real chore. Especially when I get a T6 to level 20, and my target is 22 or 23. So I don't mind dropping a few bones on a cash shop item if it'll make my QoL experience better while leveling them.

Welcome to our world!

We've tried to get the thread updated.  It hasn't worked.

The cash shop training outfit does stack with the others.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shayne above inspired me to work on a new FAQ - not done yet but I will post when ready.  :)

2 people like this

Posted

i think this is another good time to post this again

we want our own horse section like korea has. Place post and vote

1 person likes this

Posted

I am still just leveling horses and waiting on breeding any for a while......hoping the region rate increases SOON!

But the more I read about t9 and the awakening, the less inclined I am to try.  I don't have the cash to make the perfect horse when I finally get a T8.  Why is our skill in training of no importance, this was the perfect chance to implement our skill somehow.  Blech.  Not that I think it should be easy but the whole thing is leaving me sour at the moment. 

Though, I am sure I'll be all jealous when I see them start to pop up around me, eventually.  :D

/sigh

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sounds like you get a completely new horse when you succeed.

pegasus skills.png

well it sucks that you lose your courser skills and go back to the start

i did notice on the reddit img that the guys pegasus was level 18 and had 16 skills

and i think there are 26 possible total for tier 9 

i do remember why i don't grind levels in this game.  been slacking on getting my awakening cause i fight on horseback and the golems hit my mounted ranger hard lol

but finally just decided to use as many special carrot juice and whale tendon potions as it took, but surprisingly i killed all three in just one 8min +15 AP elixir, and not many potions or juice

here is my mini-rant on discord heh

well i just got awakening after month away from game... is something not stacking? i used the daily 200%xp bonus, with 15% combat xp elixir, with 20% dark beer, with weekend 50%, with 6% from two combat bonus pets ... so 291% bonus and with the 3 golems/100 ancient weps/and about 60-70 kills to get obsidian whatevers i went from 56 and 7.87% to 56 and 8.37% bwahahaha ... so 1/2 a percent doing the quest that was made for this level at nearly 300% bonus ... so roughly .16% ... hehe i guess not-such-a-soft cap afterall, can't wait til the hard cap, my QQ will be out of control

Edited by coach

Posted

I can see my future T9 now lvl 30 and 3 skills ... anyway I do like the T9s even if they are a dream in a dream I will probably be going for 1 of each at some point

hope they do tweak it a little for us but most probably they will make it worse 

and Yes please make forums section for this i mean come on 1030pages what more proff do they need

Posted (edited)

I've been breeding horses for the last couple weeks almost exclusively. So far I've gotten three T8's all males and all T8a.  I'm hoping to get another T8 model just for some variety and to see the difference in speed and skills.

I rode all three T8s to level 30. Two of them ended up with 16 skills. The third one ended up only getting 12 skills. I used the cash shop item to make sure it had instant accel, s-instant accel, sprint, and drift then sold it for 180M. Thinking back maybe I should have held onto it, but at the time I thought T8's were not all that hard to obtain.

The first two T8s both came from breeding the same two T7s. I then bred that male with a different T7 female twice (using breeding reset of course) and got one more T8 male and a T7 male. I must have used up all my luck there though because my last 11 breeding attempts have all given me nothing but T6s with a couple T7 males.

I'm going to try a T7 male and T6 female since I'm out of T7 females. According to http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ I have an 8% chance of getting a T8 male, and a 26% chance of getting a T7 female.

Boo. At least it's a female (T6). 6U+7B=6B

6U.png+7B.png=6B.png

Edited by Thorin
added thoughts

Posted

In half an hour I will see what pops out of them

yellow t6 28 lvl mare x fugly blue 26 lvl stallion

15874968_229452337503027_843953814145038

1 person likes this

Posted

In half an hour I will see what pops out of them

yellow t6 28 lvl mare x fugly blue 26 lvl stallion

15874968_229452337503027_843953814145038

Goodluck!! You never know what might come out of it, perhaps a wonderful smart horse ^-^

Posted

Thank you! I hope they will be smart pons

Unfortunately from breeding I got orangeish t6m, but from exchange whithe with back t7male

15895917_229477507500510_382597772298431

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone posted this in reddit 

Posted

Someone posted this in reddit 

No wings? I'm goung to loose my interest in T9

Posted (edited)

No wings? I'm goung to loose my interest in T9

It has wings, it's just that owner of the horse changed skins (looks like the special red one) and apparently the skins can't be changed back. A.k.a. it's a bit bugged already ;P

edit: this was posted on discord horse channel http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3584&l=29839 , how it is supposed to look.

Edited by Miyumi
1 person likes this

Posted

would like to join the discord channel. anyone got a working link?. the one from last week has expired from earlier in the thread

Posted

What are your lots opinion on crossing a T6F female (0r 5b 2w) with a T8E male (0r 0b 8w) at level 30 each. The alternative would be the T6F with a T7H (3r 3b 3w). 28% change for a T8 vs 8% chance but I use one of the T8's breeds. I'm on the fence about it, so advice would be appreciated.

Posted

What are your lots opinion on crossing a T6F female (0r 5b 2w) with a T8E male (0r 0b 8w) at level 30 each. The alternative would be the T6F with a T7H (3r 3b 3w). 28% change for a T8 vs 8% chance but I use one of the T8's breeds. I'm on the fence about it, so advice would be appreciated.

I did it twice - T8A + two T6. Got 2x T8E, was extreme lucky. Other breeders got T6 foals. 

I would breed a T8 just in case it has shitty skills and you will not keep it.

Posted (edited)

I did it twice - T8A + two T6. Got 2x T8E, was extreme lucky. Other breeders got T6 foals. 

I would breed a T8 just in case it has shitty skills and you will not keep it.

That's insane luck! while I'm stuck over here unable to get anymore T7s - ive turned to saving up for horse race boxes my horse RNG is that rubbish xD

I even bred my T8A male level 30 to some T7 female level 30 - got a T6 Female with awful colour values, I honestly don't know how so many of you have so many T7/8 :P

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

That's insane luck! while I'm stuck over here unable to get anymore T7s - ive turned to saving up for horse race boxes my horse RNG is that rubbish xD

I even bred my T8A male level 30 to some T7 female level 30 - got a T6 Female with awful colour values, I honestly don't know how so many of you have so many T7/8 :P

I have in summary 4x T8 and just one T7 female left. My last 16 breedings were T7 male + T6 female and I've got mostly T6 females back. Didn't got any T8 since october :D

So, I dont know if I am lucky or not :D 

Posted (edited)

It just occurred to me that one of those crappy red T6s I am swimming in would be a better choice to cross with my T8. No matter what I cross the T8 with will give me a chance at all T8s but purebred black so I should save the nice T6 for a T7 or my sandy T8. Sounds like I will give breeding my T8 it a go though. Hope I dont regret that decision. xD

Edited by Solest

Posted

First time I've done breeding in a bit.. 

Same T4 Level 30 Male was sire on all these. 4F.png

With T4 Level 30 4G.png we got female 6R.png and male 6M.png

With T4 Level 30 4P.png we got male 7H.png and female 6K.png

Exchange  got me male 6L.png

All those T4s are from my recent T3 breeding spree. 

2 people like this