• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not just changing your IP, you have to have a KSS number, which if you aren't Korean would be like someone using my SS number as an American and quite frankly I wouldn't like that.  This is one reason I've never played on the Korean sites. 

Is not like you steal the KSS number.. Koreans do sell it for ppl to have access to games.

------

Latest breeds I've done :x i'm actually happy,because it's the first time I ever bred a t7 GIRL (and happens to be same skin as my very first t7 boy! <: ) PS; Where could I get that template everyone seems to use? (http://i.imgur.com/0gXgJJU.jpg this is from @Quinntessa )

22195befb7.jpg

Posted

Question about Tier 1 racing

I have 2 candidates both grey both low level

One has sprint

One has Instant Accel

Assuming they both level speed% closely and neither pick up drift or the other speed skill which will be a faster horse overall?

The IA one or the Sprint one?

Posted

Is not like you steal the KSS number.. Koreans do sell it for ppl to have access to games.

------

They may...but are you sure you are buying it from the person to whom it belongs?  I may misunderstand, but I had read it's a very serious offence in Korea so I doubt most people are willing to risk the penalties.

Posted

One has sprint

One has Instant Accel

Assuming they both level speed% closely and neither pick up drift or the other speed skill which will be a faster horse overall?

The IA one

Posted

It's not just changing your IP, you have to have a KSS number, which if you aren't Korean would be like someone using my SS number as an American and quite frankly I wouldn't like that.  This is one reason I've never played on the Korean sites. 

Hm allright I didn't know that, I never tried it 'cause I saw you had to change a lot of things to hide your country/ change it to Korea. But still I find it a bit strange that it took them so long to figure it out/take actions against it. There were guides all over the place how to play BDO KR.

Posted

Hello,

Just a tip in case fellow horse breeders would like to avoid selling horses at the stables (it doesn't solve the problem but I guess it helps a little). I know it is something kinda of obvious so I apologize in advance in case it was already posted here.

Currently there are two methods of selling leveled horses (above level 15): you can either sell them at the stables or sell them to the imperial trader. When you sell them at the stables you will get 65% of the horse listing price as silver (value pack doesn't apply for horse sales :( ) and when you sell it to the imperial trader you will get 50% of the listing value plus horse emblems (Shiny Golden Seals - Imperial Training).

What most people don't realize is that there is only a difference of 15% on the silver value you get from directly selling it to the stable compared to selling it to the imperial trader. 

Most of the time people will just look and see the listing price and then compare it to the imperial trader and see that this value is 50% of the former not taking into consideration the market fee. Due to this reason they end up overlooking the added value of the horse emblems and the potential profit that lies there.

Just an example here to clarify:

I have two T6 level 20 horses with a listing value of 9.000.000 silver and 11.000.000 silver respectively.

1) If I sell both horses at the stables I will get back 20.000.000 * 0.65 = 13.000.000 silver.

2) If I sell both horses at the imperial trader I'll get back 20.000.000 * 0.50 = 10.000.000 silver + 12 horse emblems.

So I got 3.000.00 silver less if I use sell method 2). On the other hand I have now 12 horse emblems that I can exchange by a Black Magic Crystal Viper Essence and create a Black Magic Crystal Viper.

Black Magic Crystal Viper usually sell for around 7.000.000 on a bad day to 11.000.000 on a good day and on average sits around 9.000.000 silver on Marketplace. ASSUMING THAT I HAVE A VALUE PACK and the value of the crystal is 9.000.000, when selling this crystal I'll get back 9.000.000 * 0.85 =  7.650.000 silver. In other words each emblem is worth 7.650.000 / 12 = 637.500 silver after fees being applied.

In summary, by selling at the stable I get 13.000.000 and by selling it to the imperial trader I get 10.000.000 silver + 7.650.000 from the crystal = 17.650.000. In other words, by directly selling the horses at the imperial trader I increased my profit by 4.650.000 silver.

Just to summarize I present here a table that can be used to have a rough idea about what is the minimum listing value where it would be more profitable to sell the horses at the stables instead of selling them to the imperial trader:

Assumptions: 
- Black Magic Crystal Viper value on MP = 9.000.000
- You HAVE A VALUE PACK BUFF ACTIVE

Min Value per tier where it would be more profitable to sell the horse at stables instead of selling it to imperial trader:

Tier1 =  4.250.000
Tier2 =  8.500.000
Tier3 = 12.750.000
Tier4 = 17.000.000
Tier5 = 21.250.000
Tier6 = 25.500.000
Tier7 = 29.750.000
Tier8 = 34.000.000

For any listing value below these numbers it is more profitable to sell the horse to the imperial trader.

Disclaimer: this table should be used as guideline for values only when selling horses that you leveled yourself. Keep in mind as well that it all depends on what you decide to do with your horse emblems and the current prices of the items listed on the Marketplace. It all boils down to supply and demand, if there is an over supply of crystals it will take longer for them to sell and the profit will be smaller so try to use this data wisely.   

I have spreadsheets myself that help me decide these kind of values when selling horses that I leveled up myself and when buying already leveled horses from the stable. Both things are different so please don't use the values above as guideline when buying horses from the stable to try to profit from horse emblems.

Sorry for the wall of text and for the not so great English. As you might have noticed already English is not my main language :)

I think the horse market tax is 30%.

Maybe if too many of us tried this we would just crash the viper market :) , personally I stick to cheap lvl 15+ T1-T4s that I snap up with hourly bid allocation when nothing else good is on the market (safely build 12 seals usually for less than 1m).

Posted (edited)

oops

Edited by Otterlee

Posted

I had hoped the patch might have lessened the number of T6 females....but noooooo. LOL.

Just bred T7 male with lvl 27 T6 females, got , two T6 females....*sigh.

Posted

One has sprint

One has Instant Accel

Coud I possibly get a screenshot of your T1 with Sprint? A person in another thread is telling me that it's not possible for T1's to have Sprint.

Posted

Coud I possibly get a screenshot of your T1 with Sprint? A person in another thread is telling me that it's not possible for T1's to have Sprint.

yeah... i'm at work but if you ping me via PM it will kickstart my memory when i get home to do this

1 person likes this

Posted

rumpuff.thumb.PNG.55312b324576972f91a918

I think it's the brown t1 the one that cannot get sprint. 

1 person likes this

Posted

They are wrong, but not EVERY t1 can learn Sprint. Of the horses you can catch in the wild, the brown one in each tier cannot learn the speed skills but the other one can.

t1 Gray: can learn speed skills

t2 Golden Mane: can learn speed skills

t3: Whitish/Gray: can learn speed skills

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

rumpuff.thumb.PNG.55312b324576972f91a918

I think it's the brown t1 the one that cannot get sprint. 

They are wrong, but not EVERY t1 can learn Sprint. Of the horses you can catch in the wild, the brown one in each tier cannot learn the speed skills but the other one can.

t1 Gray: can learn speed skills

t2 Golden Mane: can learn speed skills

t3: Whitish/Gray: can learn speed skills

Good to know. Thanks peeps!

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

can a lvl 30 T8 horse still learn a new skill with the appearance change coupon?

Posted

I've already posted this on the discord last weekend, but these were my most recent breeding attempts..rip.

LatestBreeding.png

can a lvl 30 T8 horse still learn a new skill with the appearance change coupon?

There is a small chance that a Premium Appearance Change will either give your horse XP or learn a new skill. It would be an expensive venture, adding a new skill.

Posted

Holy cow!

I just checked the horse market, for the first time in a couple of months.  It looked like it used to, before they raised the prices.  Nothing above a tier 2, and a butt load of donkeys.

I put just a level 1 T7 Male.. it's sold in 10 sec...  (have to many T7 male)

Posted

Guys, how high do you level your horses depending on the Tier?

I was first leveling my T3´s to 13/13 then 22/22 and now 26/27 for the higher T5 chance. Though 22/22 seems to be good enough.

But is it even useful to level T5´s ? They have to seem to have an pretty low chance to get T6 compared with T4´s.

And yeah.. my only goal is to get several T7´s util T9´s are released.

Posted (edited)

I was first leveling my T3´s to 13/13 then 22/22 and now 26/27 for the higher T5 chance. Though 22/22 seems to be good enough.

But is it even useful to level T5´s ? They have to seem to have an pretty low chance to get T6 compared with T4´s.

For T5's, I typically shoot for the 20/19 levels. Reduces the chances of a downgrade to a nice low 4% chance, with a decent shot at an upgrade. However it also increases the chances of getting males instead of female when I breed those levels. So if I shoot for females that are also upgrades, I have to either burn a lot of time leveling them close to the lvl 30 range, or go the faster but higher risk route of taking chances with lower levels in favor of spending less time leveling the horses.

T5 horse levels 20/19 chances are, t6 male 19% + t6 female 23% + t7 male 10% = 52% of a t6 or better upgrade. Downgrade chance a measely 4% chance, and an equal tier 42% chance.

T4 horse levels 20/21 chances are, t6 male 21% + t6 female 13% = 34% to get a T6.

Real question is whether you're shooting for a t6+ specifically, or trying to increase the chances of getting a female.

I'm basing this off of the breeding calculator at http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Newest skill for Pegasus:

Play dead, your horse will pretend to be dead. Talk to a stable keeper to feed him carrots, he will come back alive by feeding carrots, special carrots.

2 people like this

Posted

4L.png

28 LVL mare x

6P.png

18 LVL stallion

Exchanged

got

7G.png

male

I found my lucky name ~

Posted (edited)

hello... yesterday i went to the vet because my horse(cow) was not acting normal.. :(.. turns out my cow is ill and going to die soon.. I need a new and better horse to carry my waifu around or ill get kicked out of the house.. i hope you can sell me one, this is really urgent.. heres a picture of my cow :(

2017-01-11_885800639.thumb.JPG.9c75fafab

will never be forgotten - gonna enjoy the last days with my lovely cow :( 

Edited by Lyaah
1 person likes this

Posted

I've already posted this on the discord last weekend, but these were my most recent breeding attempts..rip.

There is a small chance that a Premium Appearance Change will either give your horse XP or learn a new skill. It would be an expensive venture, adding a new skill.

i would like my pure black T8 to learn S instant accel.. swapping skills in and out seems to be cancer so far

Posted

And yeah.. my only goal is to get several T7´s util T9´s are release

I do 95% of breeds for chance T7+, and most of them have chance at purebred (as possible upgrades to race horse).

I level until the 1st breeding point that offers both male and female for my target tier (http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ usually 14 or 18 break point on that calc).

If I have a potential race horse that has learnt good skills early on (T5 I,N, T6 H,I,N etc) then I might keep them on wagon past the planned cut off point to check rng on speed stat and skills closer to 30.

Posted (edited)

I do T5/T6 or T6/T6 (if I don't have T5s) at 22/23 (sometimes 23/19) and get a fairly good return rate of T7. Much better than the rate I get when I level both to 30. Plus it saves me so much time.

Edited by LadyRhapsody