• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

What would be the benefit to having T4/T5 horses in the wild? I mean aside from it cutting the time to replenish your T6/T7 stock. As it stands now, I never have a shortage of T5 horses because it's so quick to breed T3 to T5.

I can't help but think that the biggest impact T5 wild horses would have on the game, is that it'd cut into what little profit horse breeders are currently struggling to eek out. Dunno that my horse breeding toon would be too thrilled if just anybody could go out and snatch a T5.

Not just that. T4/5 do in fact increase T6/T7 stock. But not just that. If we get an increase in rate then T4/5 will also be able to breed T8's.

I guess it would sort off impact the profit, but I can't be sure about that. Breeders need new stock at the end of the day to continue breeding. In other words: T5 horses bring more T7's but that doesn't necesarily mean we will spam the horsemarket with T7's. Because at this moment in time the breeding rate is... weird to say the least. We still need those T7 at the moment to breed that T8. So profit, not so much.

Also, everybody can snatch a T5 already. Just capture T3 + T3 level both to 26/27 and breed --> 77% on a T5 or T6.

I do get the point I think, yes, T8's will become more common. But if that means a better shot at Pegasus/Hellhorse and/or Unicorn for the real breeders then idc if T8's will become more common.

Posted

Well I decided to finish lvling my T8 and she learned sprint at lvl 27! Yesss 
Now I feel like she will be of use as a riding horse :'D
Just yesterday I was thinking your mom had drift/sprint your grandma had drift/sprint demn me if you arent at last drift/sprint horse too x)) 
I am thinking of using few skill resets till she hits 30 but not really dumping lot of money in her x) 12skills at this lvl seem way too litle to try n get courser
2017-01-25_140359281.thumb.PNG.c7d21669d

As for patch notes...I am disapointed they didnt increase breeding rates :'D though I dont mind no T5s in wild...I would really like bigger chance for T8 and T7s as I cant even seem to get T7s atm...

Just had two T5Lvl30 give me T5 female of exactly same coat as they both were -___-

My pure white only has 13 skills. Pisses me off tbh as I spent so much money getting those 13 skills to the best ones but cannot get S sideways move as keeps picking all the shit skills. so I cant get this horse to T9 which is so stupid. If I paid to win, then I should win, yanno?

Posted

What would be the benefit to having T4/T5 horses in the wild? I mean aside from it cutting the time to replenish your T6/T7 stock. As it stands now, I never have a shortage of T5 horses because it's so quick to breed T3 to T5.

I can't help but think that the biggest impact T5 wild horses would have on the game, is that it'd cut into what little profit horse breeders are currently struggling to eek out. Dunno that my horse breeding toon would be too thrilled if just anybody could go out and snatch a T5.

It's just a part of progression, much like gear progression and anything else in the game.  First we had T1 & 2 in the wild, then they added T3 wild horses, then T7 became available. Now that T8 and soon T9 will be available, they should definitely have T4 & T5 out in the wild.  

Only reason they haven't done so is to milk more money from breeders.  By making things rare, people tend to fork over large sums of money in an attempt to get ahead.  You see this with people buying large amounts of artisan's memory for gear upgrades.  For horse breeding, this means breeding resets, fast breeding completions, skill resets, people butchering their horses for exchanges rather than selling, people fighting over T7/T8's so they're now offering (and in case of selling, demanding) pearl items, etc..

Having T4 & T5's in the wild will only help with the profession, not hurt.  It should've been a part of game's progression.  Much like the release of T3 in the wild helped breeders to get into T6's and shoot for T7's.  It didn't hurt the breeders or the market at all.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Deleted for too much spam O_O 

Edited by LordBeirut

Posted (edited)

Guys i have a question, currently i have a T8A Female horse at lvl 20... 11 skills... IF i manage to get enough skills and make a good T8, possible courser i would be selling two T7I horses, one male and one female full breeding count on both, Male is lvl 10 female is lvl 4, would be anybody interested? :o Im like super tired of horse training... i cant leave my pc on for nights so i usually train one horse while afk riding it and watching some movies/series, but i wanna play T_T but i always end up horse training... i didnt kill mobs for like 2 weeks...

I would be interested in a male ^^ currently have 2 T7 females myself but no males :(.

you can pm me, I might have enough money in 1-2 days (guessing a 35m+ worth).

Edit: I probably have enough now :P

Edited by Nohimeh

Posted

Is it posible to "exchange" horses with gear on? 
I cant find my horse gear anywhere :'( starting to think I exchanged it yesterday...hope no

Posted

would be anybody interested? :o 

anything that has a breed left on it sells instantly.   Everything else eventually goes b/c someone out there will always Exchange it, esp if it's a Male over tier3

Posted

Guys i have a question, currently i have a T8A Female horse at lvl 20... 11 skills... IF i manage to get enough skills and make a good T8, possible courser i would be selling two T7I horses, one male and one female full breeding count on both, Male is lvl 10 female is lvl 4, would be anybody interested? :o Im like super tired of horse training... i cant leave my pc on for nights so i usually train one horse while afk riding it and watching some movies/series, but i wanna play T_T but i always end up horse training... i didnt kill mobs for like 2 weeks...

I would make that offer AFTER you have gotten that courser :)

Posted (edited)

I would make that offer AFTER you have gotten that courser :)

fair enough :x but im full of hope.. and 3k pearls... oh right, i only sell them in pairs :3 they are made for each other, male is called Glorious female is Gloria <3 and im pretty sure they will give a pure white T8 O_O

Edited by LordBeirut
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Is it posible to "exchange" horses with gear on? 
I cant find my horse gear anywhere :'( starting to think I exchanged it yesterday...hope no

No, I have repeatedly made the mistake of attempting to sell/ exchange many of my mounts without having removed their gear first. You get an error telling you you still have gear attached and you need to remove it before selling. Trust me, I have done this with wagon wheels and every bit of horse gear imaginable because I'm amazingly forgetful and the game hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Someone mentioned not too many weeks ago that if you're moving gear sometimes it can go invisible temporarily under certain conditions (something to do with horse racing?). I don't remember what they said to do to fix it but perhaps they'll see the post here and reply.  Otherwise I would check all you horses/ inventories/ and horses out on other characters. Sometimes things turn up in expected places only after you've look at the same spot 200 times (at least that's usually what happens when I cant find my house keys).

Edited by Solest
3 people like this

Posted

No, I have repeatedly made the mistake of attempting to sell/ exchange many of my mounts without having removed their gear first. You get an error telling you you still have gear attached and you need to remove it before selling. Trust me, I have done this with wagon wheels and every bit of horse gear imaginable because I'm amazingly forgetful and the game hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Someone mentioned not too many weeks ago that if you're moving gear sometimes it can go invisible temporarily under certain conditions (something to do with horse racing). I don't remember what they said to do to fix it but perhaps they'll see the post here and reply.  Otherwise I would check all you horses/ inventories/ and horses out on other characters. Sometimes things turn up in expected places only after you've look at the same spot 200 times (at least that's usually what happens when I cant find my house keys).

Thank you thank you <3 I am just happy to know my +10 horseshoe didnt go "poof" on me :'D 
Knowing that it is out there somewhere is good enough for me...yes finding it will be a pain but at last its there! x))

Posted

fair enough :x but im full of hope.. and 3k pearls... oh right, i only sell them in pairs :3 they are made for each other, male is called Glorious female is Gloria <3 and im pretty sure they will give a pure white T8 O_O

How much for a pair of pretty T7 horses in love? :$

oh and what color code are they? I saw that 7E (the ones I have) have the best chances (5 different T8's)  to breed with 7D and 7I

Posted (edited)

They are both 7I

How much for a pair of pretty T7 horses in love? :$

oh and what color code are they? I saw that 7E (the ones I have) have the best chances (5 different T8's)  to breed with 7D and 7I

Anybody can tell me what a 13 stack of hope does?... 2017-01-25_573923346.thumb.JPG.d623ec007

Edited by LordBeirut

Posted (edited)

They are both 7I

Anybody can tell me what a 13 stack of hope does?... 

Can you post the horse skills? So I can help you out..
13 hope stacks probably has to do with some 'wrong' skill exchange strategy or extremely bad luck

Edited by Fra._.g

Posted (edited)

They are both 7I

Anybody can tell me what a 13 stack of hope does?...

Hope stacks supposedly increase the likelihood of learning the hoped for skill when the horse levels - the more you have the more likely the skill will be learned (they're similar in premise to fail stacks). I haven't heard any stories of it working well for people though. An important note: once your horse hits lvl 30 hope stacks do nothing (they only apply on level up not on skill coupon use).

Edited by Solest

Posted (edited)

Hope stacks supposedly increase the likelihood of learning the hoped for skill when the horse levels - the more you have the more likelt the skill will be learned (they're similar in premise to fail stacks). I haven't heard any stories of it working well for people though. An important note: once your horse hits lvl 30 hope stacks do nothing (they only apply on level up not on skill coupon use).

so i got a higher chance it will get insta once llv up right? nice, ty. that is all i wanted to know.. i got S:Insta and Two seater from 13 coupons... is that good or bad?...

Also can a horse learn multiple skills with one lvl up?

Edited by LordBeirut

Posted

Hello everyone! Started playing again on my winter/christmas vacation and surely enough training/breeding horses :D  Got my 2nd tier 7 on my first breed in longest time from couple of t4 horses, felt Super lucky and happy to return :) Now I have male and female (whom I've bred earlier in the summer). Good to notice that charging and PK'ing horse trainers isn't a thing anymore ^_^. I'm working my way up from my stockpiled t4s first. I have about 30+ t5s and t6s waiting after these... My Computer may never get rest again lol.

Want to train some racing horses along the way though, any skill recommendations, aside from sprint, drift, instant accel? I have found two seater and high jump+streak jump useful too. Forechop was annoying to use with sprint if I remember right...

Anyways, nice to be back and see the community still thriving :) We used to post breeding status updates on this thread back in the day, but reading few pages back that doesn't seem to be the thing anymore :D .

2 people like this

Posted

Ehm I have no clue what is going on but I just received yet ANOTHER T7E, this time a male (you can see the 3x T7E's on the picture)

He was born with Instant acceleration too, let's go ^^ I Don't know if breeding 7E's with 7E's is good though.

any suggestions on how to handle this best? skill wise, color wise etc? want to level them up starting next week (when event ends, gotta fish now).

T5 Male breed.png

T6 Female Breed.png

Posted

In Korea, they have breeding rate 13. We have breeding rate 11. Currently, if we level T5/T5 to 30, you've got about a 31% chance for a T7. Imagine if we got increased breeding rate as well as T5 in the wild. We could feasibly skip right to replenishing T7 stock. 

Posted (edited)

In Korea, they have breeding rate 13. We have breeding rate 11. Currently, if we level T5/T5 to 30, you've got about a 31% chance for a T7. Imagine if we got increased breeding rate as well as T5 in the wild. We could feasibly skip right to replenishing T7 stock. 

Wasn't aware that breeding rate increased along with the increase in wild horse tiers. That would make more sense. My question was based more on simply increasing tiers in the wild without being aware that breeding rate or percentages came along with it (assuming the two concepts come hand-in-hand).

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Wasn't aware that breeding rate increased along with the increase in wild horse tiers. That would make more sense. My question was based more on simply increasing tiers in the wild without being aware that breeding rate or percentages came along with it (assuming the two concepts come hand-in-hand).

I believe they got T5 in the wild before they got their breeding rate increase. Regardless, they've had both for a long time prior to T9s being released. They had plenty time to breed a surplus of T8 horses. We have..handfuls. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe it's just psychosomatic on my part... but has anybody noticed a change (and not for the better) in their horse experience since today's patch? I'm running out the door so won't check it until I'm back home in a couple of hours. But I don't seem to be getting the same average horse exp during my typical autoloop run. At first I attributed it to an abnormally high amount of workers clogging the autopath and slowing me down, until I realized that it's based on distance and not time (ie.. If my path averages 20k horse exp points, regardless whether it takes me 10 ticks or 12 ticks to finish the same path, either way finishing the path should still average 20k horse exp). But I haven't confirmed it by clocking it manually myself (and I recall somebody else, I think it was LordBeirut, a few posts back mentioning noticing something different and off). Has anybody else noticed the same?

[edit] I'll give you my example as to why I found things off. My typical auto-loop is from Velia Stable to Glish Stable. I average 12k per one way trip (around 24k round trip). Right before I had to leave the house, just as I was doing the turn-around at the Glish stable, I was 11k shy of my horse's next level, so I decide to manually gallop for a faster run back to Velia so I can see the next level up before before I press T again and let it AFK run while I'm away from home. However, to my surprise, I get back to Velia and I'm still 1k short of leveling. Which means I only got 10k for the run back instead of the average 12k. Unfortunately, I had to run out the door (I'm away from home now on a laptop typing this edit to my original post), so I didn't have the time to double check to make sure I misread the exp points earlier (however I'm usually pretty good at noting those things).

If anybody else can look into this, I'd appreciate it.

[Caveat] I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I did change gear. However the gear change should have improved the Horse Exp. I swapped out my 10% horse exp training outfit for a +2 Silver Embroidered outfit that has +15% horse exp. So if there was a change, it should have been for the better.

i noticed that the time bettwen ticks increased... for me before patch it was 12sec, now its 14 sec. :S exp is same. Also my horse just hit lvl 20 with 11 skills.... 

Note my response above. Like I said above, it might just be psychosomatic on my part. But something feels off, and I've yet to manually clock and test it. Are you saying that your average exp per tick is the same (assuming a constant gait/speed) but the time between ticks has lengthened?

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted (edited)

Bred a T8 lv30 + T7 lv27 aaaaaand got a T6 in return. Coooooooool.

Oh well :v Another 60 hours to level said T6 to use up the last breed on this T8 so I can sell it for pearls. I need to get coupons to skillchange my good T8 to courser :/

Edited by Leuphe
time

Posted

Bred a T8 lv30 + T7 lv27 aaaaaand got a T6 in return. Coooooooool.

Oh well :v Another 60 hours to level said T6 to use up the last breed on this T8 so I can sell it for pearls. I need to get coupons to skillchange my good T8 to courser :/

I'm so sorry :(

Ramblinrose has the kleenex....

Posted

Maybe it's just psychosomatic on my part... but has anybody noticed a change (and not for the better) in their horse experience since today's patch? I'm running out the door so won't check it until I'm back home in a couple of hours. But I don't seem to be getting the same average horse exp during my typical autoloop run. At first I attributed it to an abnormally high amount of workers clogging the autopath and slowing me down, until I realized that it's based on distance and not time (ie.. If my path averages 20k horse exp points, regardless whether it takes me 10 ticks or 12 ticks to finish the same path, either way finishing the path should still average 20k horse exp). But I haven't confirmed it by clocking it manually myself (and I recall somebody else, I think it was LordBeirut, a few posts back mentioning noticing something different and off). Has anybody else noticed the same?

[edit] I'll give you my example as to why I found things off. My typical auto-loop is from Velia Stable to Glish Stable. I average 12k per one way trip (around 24k round trip). Right before I had to leave the house, just as I was doing the turn-around at the Glish stable, I was 11k shy of my horse's next level, so I decide to manually gallop for a faster run back to Velia so I can see the next level up before before I press T again and let it AFK run while I'm away from home. However, to my surprise, I get back to Velia and I'm still 1k short of leveling. Which means I only got 10k for the run back instead of the average 12k. Unfortunately, I had to run out the door (I'm away from home now on a laptop typing this edit to my original post), so I didn't have the time to double check to make sure I misread the exp points earlier (however I'm usually pretty good at noting those things).

If anybody else can look into this, I'd appreciate it.

[Caveat] I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that I did change gear. However the gear change should have improved the Horse Exp. I swapped out my 10% horse exp training outfit for a +2 Silver Embroidered outfit that has +15% horse exp. So if there was a change, it should have been for the better.

Note my response above. Like I said above, it might just be psychosomatic on my part. But something feels off, and I've yet to manually clock and test it. Are you saying that your average exp per tick is the same (assuming a constant gait/speed) but the time between ticks has lengthened?

Yes i checked with a stopper and it did lengthen, atleast for me, i do everything as i did before but from 12sec/tick its not 14sec/tick....