• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Humm for me I might just stockpile lvl30 T7s in pairsWhat I want to do is breed more T6males with T5girls to posibly get even more T7s 
and If I get excess of males I want to go T7+T6 for possible girls and woowooh rare T8 out of that lol

I just dont find T7+T7 at lvl30 to be good atm I guess I can deal with disapointments with other pairings though lol
but getting T6 out of two T7s or even T8+T7 is way too disapointing and happens way too often for me atm x))

In all honesty, the only horses I'll hold on to are potential corsairs of any tier. Not that I'm full of those ofc, have only two so far, and they're tier 3 and 4, males. The others I'll probably keep breeding, now that I'm finishing T4s (4 left), I can focus on T5 army.

Posted

I had this thought earlier about the death of our beloved profession.  Since Awakening Pegasus/Hellhorse/etc...I know we don't have it yet and it's all a bit premature but it did get me thinking about the future of training.

For some getting the perfect Courser T8 will be easy and some already have it and are waiting and then for others it will take a long time, more than someone might be willing to wait.  But by not incorporating breeding/training into the whole Awakening thing, what is there left to do for those that have achieved it?

Sure you could still train afk overnight to sell horses on the market but that is time consuming when you could do faster things for money.  Will those trainers still tame horses, will they still breed when their goals are achieved?

I'm not really saying Training will die off, I suppose, but surely it will take a hit at some point when the old moves on and there are not as many new trainers.  Hopefully, we'll get some extra things added in the future to continue training, making it count for something. 

Just thoughts, i was bored I guess :D

You're probably right. Even at this moment horses are being sold for insanse gift prices. Everyone who wants to spend huge money on horses now will do it now, and everyone who doesn't won't and will wait for the update to buy non coursers for 'normal' prices. Training will die out a lot, the profit is not worth it and other people in game can just buy a T8 (and thus T9) for a huge sum of irl bucks. I for sure know I will stop with breeding (I keep saying that all the time... but it still lurks me in) when I have all 3 T9 horses. I'm having a slight hope that unicorn and hell horse will be breedable from pure white and black T8's smashed together... but I guess that is too complicated with the current breed and color system. Unless they gave hell and unicorn a color rate of 0/16/0 or 0/0/16. But I doubt they'd do that.

I'm just so dissapointed anyone can get a T9 horse by simply buying one T8 and then awakening it. While breeders had to go through so much hardship to get that T8 and will fail x10. I bet my money on it that a gift bought horse will be the first T9....

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well I'm rocking 7 T5 females, 2 T6 Females ,3T6 males and 1 T7 male. This is from breeding  T6s with T6s, originally in the over 24 bracket and then in the over 27 bracket. I have one additional T7 male which I got on the marketplace at level 1, hooray for market camping for a while after i get home. :D Super happy about that. I'm not entirely sure what my next step should be though. 1T7 in 13 breeds of only T6 pairs in a bit meh, but all the T5s is the more annoying part.

Edit: Looking at the calculator, my chances of a T7 are greater than my chances of getting a T5 Female, and this is for both of the top breeding brackets.... So where are my 7 T7s instead? xD

Edited by Kaythulu

Posted

Well I'm rocking 7 T5 females, 2 T6 Females ,3T6 males and 1 T7 male. This is from breeding  T6s with T6s, originally in the over 24 bracket and then in the over 27 bracket. I have one additional T7 male which I got on the marketplace at level 1, hooray for market camping for a while after i get home. :D Super happy about that. I'm not entirely sure what my next step should be though. 1T7 in 13 breeds of only T6 pairs in a bit meh, but all the T5s is the more annoying part.

Edit: Looking at the calculator, my chances of a T7 are greater than my chances of getting a T5 Female, and this is for both of the top breeding brackets.... So where are my 7 T7s instead? xD

Congrats on getting at least one T7 from breeding. The percentages are out the window I think. They might have been right at some time but they aren't any more. I'm training to the higher levels now and trusting that there is at least some possibility of getting T7's.  

Posted

Sorry to see you guys go! Good luck out there in the wide world of BDO~

Well, tbh I've quit horses before. For like...3 days. I've still got plenty to level though!

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats on getting at least one T7 from breeding. The percentages are out the window I think. They might have been right at some time but they aren't any more. I'm training to the higher levels now and trusting that there is at least some possibility of getting T7's.  

Most of the T5s came from the 2 23's+ bracket, if not all of them. Also there was parents at T6, so there's that, though I have been really market happy with the pre-levelled 0 breeds horses too. I didn't see the point in levelling 0 breeds that weren't close to 27 and wanted to check the outcomes a bit more. That's just what i have left in my stables once all of the levelled guys are gone now, whether sold or smooshed. 100% levelling to 30 now though, as i think that's needed for the T5s anyway. On the plus side I got some good colour options! If some people are saying they are getting 1 higher tier every 4 breeds, it seems worth it to go the whole way every time now.

Posted

T6 x T6 (lvl 24/23) again got a T6female with crappy skills. I am baffled at the rates, oh well atleast not a T5...

Posted

Do we have information as to when KR version increased their breeding rates? I'm curious if we can expect one around or before the launch of Kamasyliva.

Posted

T6 x T6 (lvl 24/23) again got a T6female with crappy skills. I am baffled at the rates, oh well atleast not a T5...

I'll swap you :P

I'd even be happy with T6s with different coats tbh. I just want one with a pretty skin that has sprint. :)

Posted

Can anyone PM me the link for the breeding and racing discords? ^^ I changed around a bunch of stuff on my discord and lost em.

Posted

Can anyone PM me the link for the breeding and racing discords? ^^ I changed around a bunch of stuff on my discord and lost em.

Are there two? If so I want to be in the second one as well!

Posted

Are there two? If so I want to be in the second one as well!

Dunno! But toss me a link for the breeding one? :D

Posted

Ahh, it's the value pack! I didn't even notice that that is +10% horse exp too. Thanks! I guess I'll delete my ticket that I just submitted then.

I did measure the exp over a longer period of time and then divided it out. The values were just to get a ballpark to see that I was calculating the bonus correctly which I think I was. So I'm only getting +20% on 90% of the exp, which makes it an 18% bonus on top of the value pack. Maybe that missing 3% is because I didn't go an entire hour and just did a couple minutes over a flat area. Does the 20% bonus ignore things like the +5% speed on the wagon and only give you a bonus on the base wagon speed?

I love how this thread is like a phoenix. People keep investigating things every 600 pages or so. :-P  Happy to see someone else digging into the numbers.

Wheels/horse shoes are the one bonus that is multiplicative with other bonuses actually. Horse XP is given by distance traveled and shoes/wheels make you travel the same distance in less time.

The one bonus you (likely?) don't know about is training skill. I know, shocking that training skill gives any bonus. Not a lot of rigorous work was done trying to figure out the exact boost but Artisan1 training seemed to give a 5-10% boost in horse XP compared to Beginner0. 10% of 20% is about 2% which is close to the 3% you are seeing.

To quantify, let's assume someone has the following buffs to horse XP:

• +10% from value pack
  • +10% from ~artistan training level
  • +20% from riding attire
  • +15% from silver clothes +2 or the prof training clothes (which seem to give about +15% to horse XP)

If they ride a horse/wagon a distance that would give 100,000 horse XP with no buffs, then they would get 100,000 * (1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.15) = 155,000 XP. Or +55% as expected.

Now if they take off the riding attire and test they would get 135,000 XP. So to them the attire gives a XP boost of (155,000 - 135,000) / 135,000 ~= 14.8%. I know you understand this Thorin but to others reading this isn't anyone lying about the riding attire. This is just a result of the fact that bonuses in the same category are additive. If you had no bonuses (100,000 XP) and put on the riding attire you'd get 120,000 XP, which is 20% as advertised.

1 person likes this

Posted

Okey sooooooo I always loop in heidel, my "combat zone" is like 5 seconds only and someone still killed my wagon... are you serious? like why?

2 people like this

Posted

Okey sooooooo I always loop in heidel, my "combat zone" is like 5 seconds only and someone still killed my wagon... are you serious? like why?

Wow really? That is unfortunate...I never dare to go out of safe zone if I decide to loop in Heidel becouse there is just really a lot of ppl going through that point and I can be a paranoid person x')
Nowdays I am looping elsewhere, Heidel actualy made me have more DCs anyway.

Posted

Just try to go to some less idiot-populated area. I always ride my wagon only in a red zone since my game tends to crash in the towns. I had some problems with pkers in the beginning, but eventually I found a nice, not popular road without mobs around. Haven't been pked for already maybe 3 months while I afk-ride there 8 hours a day, every day.

Posted

Sorry to see you guys go! Good luck out there in the wide world of BDO~

Oh thanks.  I will still pop by here because I would miss you all.  I have T8s. have a few coursers so am pretty much done. The T6 curse,  The feeling that horse breeding and coursers have turned into a big cash grab, and I am cynical enough to wonder if the company nerfed breeding results in order to get more reset/skill change $$. I really hope this has not been the case, because they have done such a wonderful job with the horses, and I hate to think corporate greed is ruling all.

I think that Horse Market thread also killed any desire to breed and sell horses.  Comments by people who obviously never have bred high tier horses 9_9.... Some of the channel chat has been toxic too regarding horses and breeders - After reading all that, I just do not want to sell any horses to people I do not know, and the Imperial Trainer will get any horses, particularly since the value pack doesn't apply.

Now the following is all hearsay, but a long time ago there was some discussion about horse breeding as a lifeskill.  And why no love seems to be shown it.  ie) training is not really rewarded that much.  A person made a comment that their understanding was that the original company did not mean it to be a lifeskill profession, rather something that people, all players,  would do in order to get a better mounts and ultimately that courser.  Much the same way the current shipbuilding (mine is taking forever lol, they learn skills btw, a guildie took me out on his) is progressing perhaps. So, does this maybe explain why the T9s appear to be breeding endgame?

A former guildie knows KR game developers, he told me some of the things you generally could expect for the T9s before release.  He also said that underwater content was being developed and they were mulling over Seahorse mounts...that you could possibly breed.  Now all speculation right now...but interesting, no? 

Cheers! May the RNG gods be with you, and give you Coursers, not potatoes!

2 people like this

Posted

Haven´t actually bred something for weeks (or months?) as well. I feel like I quit but I´m still autolooping all day. Once we have T9 I breed and sell all of my horses to preorder awa mats and that will be my career´s end then. Can´t wait to finally do something else in this game hahaha

btw. unfortunate me already had  a full stable
Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.b01c99d6eecdbb81e96f

Posted

Oh thanks.  I will still pop by here because I would miss you all.  I have T8s. have a few coursers so am pretty much done. The T6 curse,  The feeling that horse breeding and coursers have turned into a big cash grab, and I am cynical enough to wonder if the company nerfed breeding results in order to get more reset/skill change $$. I really hope this has not been the case, because they have done such a wonderful job with the horses, and I hate to think corporate greed is ruling all.

I think that Horse Market thread also killed any desire to breed and sell horses.  Comments by people who obviously never have bred high tier horses 9_9.... Some of the channel chat has been toxic too regarding horses and breeders - After reading all that, I just do not want to sell any horses to people I do not know, and the Imperial Trainer will get any horses, particularly since the value pack doesn't apply.

Now the following is all hearsay, but a long time ago there was some discussion about horse breeding as a lifeskill.  And why no love seems to be shown it.  ie) training is not really rewarded that much.  A person made a comment that their understanding was that the original company did not mean it to be a lifeskill profession, rather something that people, all players,  would do in order to get a better mounts and ultimately that courser.  Much the same way the current shipbuilding (mine is taking forever lol, they learn skills btw, a guildie took me out on his) is progressing perhaps. So, does this maybe explain why the T9s appear to be breeding endgame?

A former guildie knows KR game developers, he told me some of the things you generally could expect for the T9s before release.  He also said that underwater content was being developed and they were mulling over Seahorse mounts...that you could possibly breed.  Now all speculation right now...but interesting, no? 

Cheers! May the RNG gods be with you, and give you Coursers, not potatoes!

I've seen that thread and honestly, made me feel sick. That's the reason I'll never sell my horses, and almost never did (sold one bred out T6 female back when I was lv 30 something in march or april and needed silver), unless I count a few horses (3 or 4) I sold to friends and guidies. Imperials will get all my surplus, non exchanged horses, seals are more valuable than the small difference in silver one would gain from selling on market.

Hope you do come back to breeding some times, when the chance of getting a T5 or maybe T6 from two T7 horses isn't 99% like now.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL I just bought this horse called "Cowhorse". whoever you are you made me laugh hard :D

I hope it's someone from here

cowhorse.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ha! as long as the event fence is active i can breed one more seed to get byproducts!! ha!! take that pearl abyss!
Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.1dd4c29ea59451582a82

uh and with 33fs

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.0d20d0fc3758566f7660

Edited by RainbowRat
6 people like this

Posted

Ha! as long as the event fence is active i can breed one more seed to get byproducts!! ha!! take that pearl abyss!
Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.1dd4c29ea59451582a82

uh and with 33fs

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.0d20d0fc3758566f7660

I'm so jelly! gratz :D I personally have the worst luck with costumes, breaking them with any number of fs, have only one +2 (gathering) and a couple of +1 (crafting, trading). I think I made over 100 different  costumes so far, and this is what I have to show for it :D

On a side note, I'm also using that farm :D It has 2 slots, and now it's breeding ground for my blue strawberries. Might as well feed my life stone while I'm at it :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the kleenexes guys. But I think I am done with the horse breeding. Just takes too long to level up and then the downgrades just so you can do it all over again. :( Will sometimes work on leveling the rest but no long is it a priority.  Also I would like to ride some of my T8s rather than using all these lower tier ones when I am doing other things ingame, so they can level while I do that. You are all awesome people!

Sorry to see you go. I was just coming back after I think a couple month break from breeding and BDO in general. Going to make a push finally for a T8, if I ever get the right gender T7. Been so long I cannot remember if it was sausage factory or taco. In any case, keep visiting, you have been a staple in this place a long time. I came in not too long after this thread split from the original and I know you were there at around the same time, maybe earlier.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I love how this thread is like a phoenix. People keep investigating things every 600 pages or so. :-P  Happy to see someone else digging into the numbers.

Wheels/horse shoes are the one bonus that is multiplicative with other bonuses actually. Horse XP is given by distance traveled and shoes/wheels make you travel the same distance in less time.

The one bonus you (likely?) don't know about is training skill. I know, shocking that training skill gives any bonus. Not a lot of rigorous work was done trying to figure out the exact boost but Artisan1 training seemed to give a 5-10% boost in horse XP compared to Beginner0. 10% of 20% is about 2% which is close to the 3% you are seeing.

To quantify, let's assume someone has the following buffs to horse XP:

• +10% from value pack
  • +10% from ~artistan training level
  • +20% from riding attire
  • +15% from silver clothes +2 or the prof training clothes (which seem to give about +15% to horse XP)

If they ride a horse/wagon a distance that would give 100,000 horse XP with no buffs, then they would get 100,000 * (1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.15) = 155,000 XP. Or +55% as expected.

Now if they take off the riding attire and test they would get 135,000 XP. So to them the attire gives a XP boost of (155,000 - 135,000) / 135,000 ~= 14.8%. I know you understand this Thorin but to others reading this isn't anyone lying about the riding attire. This is just a result of the fact that bonuses in the same category are additive. If you had no bonuses (100,000 XP) and put on the riding attire you'd get 120,000 XP, which is 20% as advertised.

Thanks for letting me know about the training ability too. I'm at Prof 10 right now so I guess I'm getting a sizable bonus from it.  I have silver clothes+3 so other than trying to bump those to +4 I'm pretty maxed out I think. I'm even using the training elixir when I can. Even so, I left for work today with four T7's in the low 20's hitched to my wagon. The wagon was still going strong when I got home, and they had gained on 1.5 levels :P It's slow going.

=======================================================================================================================

Recent breeding's from T3's at level 30.  I included the # of skills learned too, i.e. 3C\9(30) means it was a type 3C with 9 skills at level 30.

I got two male T6's, two female T5's and a male T5. The same male horse was used for all. Two different females, and then I exchanged the male and one of the females for the 5th "breeding"

DateMaleFemaleFoal
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)6J(M)
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)6U(M)
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\7(30)5A(F)
10-Feb3B\5(30)3C\7(30)5I(M)
10-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)5M(F)

Edited by Thorin

Posted

Thanks for letting me know about the training ability too. I'm at Prof 10 right now so I guess I'm getting a sizable bonus from it.  I have silver clothes+3 so other than trying to bump those to +4 I'm pretty maxed out I think. I'm even using the training elixir when I can. Even so, I left for work today with four T7's in the low 20's hitched to my wagon. The wagon was still going strong when I got home, and they had gained on 1.5 levels :P It's slow going.

=======================================================================================================================

Recent breeding's from T3's at level 30.  I included the # of skills learned too, i.e. 3C\9(30) means it was a type 3C with 9 skills at level 30.

I got two male T6's, two female T5's and a male T5. The same male horse was used for all. Two different females, and then I exchanged the male and one of the females for the 5th "breeding"

DateMaleFemaleFoal
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)6J(M)
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)6U(M)
9-Feb3B\5(30)3C\7(30)5A(F)
10-Feb3B\5(30)3C\7(30)5I(M)
10-Feb3B\5(30)3C\9(30)5M(F)

the fact that T3 breeding gives the same result as T6xT6 breeding... And almost same as T7xT7 breedings. Mind blowing