• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone,

I made a video of my character collecting a few foals. I bred a mixture of T4, T5, and T6's and here are the results. I'm surprised I did not receive any T5's. My reason behind the mass breeding was due to the bad RNG with breeding just one of two pairs, so I decided to do two waves using the same males with 33 different females.

Not a single T5... Here I am getting them 80% of the time xd. Maybe I should level the horses to breeding range 16 instead of 15

Posted

Oh that is awesome, thank you! So looks like I just rolled the crit this time. Still pretty cool. 

I think the real lucky roll was the sideways move.

Posted

Not a single T5... Here I am getting them 80% of the time xd. Maybe I should level the horses to breeding range 16 instead of 15

I would recommend hitting the highest  range for sure.

Posted

Lovely horse people, it's time to calm your horsies.

After seeing now for weeks people panicing about this mysterious vendor that sells breeding resets etc, saying they will not buy any resets until it has been implemented in our version, and some feeling cheated for buying them, you can all feel relieved now.

This vendor will NEVER come to our version.
This vendor does not exist in KR.

I went to the land of twitch to first check out if it was an actual thing, asked several KR streamers about it, all gave the same answer, that you can only buy resets for real money.

And after going through a link @Ramblinrose gave me, it was pretty clear what was going on.
Information that was from the Russian Premium servers had been leaked as actual information from KR.
Which is false.

Thank you for the link as well Ramblin.

If you don't know, the Russian Premium server is a  subscription based version of BDO where they don't have any P2W/P4C, they can buy costumes, pets, resets and other things that you can buy from the pearl shop from vendors ingame. They have no pearl shop at all in this version.

TLDR; There will be no vendor that sells us skill resets, breeding resets or any other similar pearl item in our verison.

Here is the post showing the things, a bad google translate from a year ago from patch notes from the Russian premium server, in case anyone wanted to check out the link themselves.

Posted

I would recommend hitting the highest  range for sure.

i should.. again T5 from T6xT6... 2 more tries Today. Then i'm giving up on T6

Posted

After seeing now for weeks people panicing about this mysterious vendor that sells breeding resets etc, saying they will not buy any resets until it has been implemented in our version, and some feeling cheated for buying them, you can all feel relieved now.

I went to the land of twitch to first check out if it was an actual thing, asked several KR streamers about it, all gave the same answer, that you can only buy resets for real money.

And after going through a link @Ramblinrose gave me, it was pretty clear what was going on.
Information that was from the Russian Premium servers had been leaked as actual information from KR.
Which is false.

If you don't know, the Russian Premium server is a  subscription based version of BDO where they don't have any P2W/P4C, they can buy costumes, pets, resets and other things that you can buy from the pearl shop from vendors ingame. They have no pearl shop at all in this version.

TLDR; There will be no vendor that sells us skill resets, breeding resets or any other similar pearl item in our verison.

Here is the post showing the things, a bad google translate from a year ago from patch notes from the Russian premium server, in case anyone wanted to check out the link themselves.

lulz idk who came saying its from Korea I stumbled upon the info about vendor on these forums and also got to know it was from Russian sub mode servers or whatever...
Which yes made me realise it will never come here xD how could they rob themselves of money from all this horse stuff anyway xP 
Tbh I would have loved sub mode in this game...in the long run would make it easier on my walet 
And no... VP definitely isnt proper sub mode x)

Posted (edited)

Which is false.

RIP me of ever getting a T8 ready for T9 attempts, unless by some miracle a T8 will learn all the skills  xD 

Or i win the lottery... :P 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

So I haven't played since like..may or june of last year. Are the unicorns and special horses available yet?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me to a resource to let me know what has changed since then.

Posted

lulz idk who came saying its from Korea I stumbled upon the info about vendor on these forums and also got to know it was from Russian sub mode servers or whatever...Which yes made me realise it will never come here xD how could they rob themselves of money from all this horse stuff anyway xP 
Tbh I would have loved sub mode in this game...in the long run would make it easier on my walet 
And no... VP definitely isnt proper sub mode x)

Yeah I have no idea who started the whole thing, but I keep seeing it being brought up all the time since in all sorts of discussions about horses, this game is infamous when it comes to rumors of how things are in KR.
The "set bonus" on kzarka + nouver, that kzarka was getting buffed, that red nose was getting buffed, in the beginning there was even the thing about getting better breeding results if you fed a carrot to your horse.

Huge amount of rumors and tinfoil in this game since information about this game isn't openly available, and translation problems is still an issue.

I do agree with you though the sub version would've been great, but that ship already sailed.

RIP me of ever getting a T8 ready for T9 attempts, unless by some miracle a T8 will learn all the skills  xD 

Or i win the lottery... :P 

You will <3 It's still a looooong time until we can even start doing attempts on the T9's, even if we get kamasylve in a month or two, it will take a good while for us to get the mats for it, it has insane prices on the market if you are gonna buy the mats, I am personally gonna gather the materials needed for attempts, so it will take quite some time ^^

*sprinkles some of my leftover luck*

Posted

To all horser breeder losing hope

my 3rd attempt to go for a t8 with 2 t7 lvl 30 was a female t8 - missed only ad. sidestep for courser skill set. so it is possible - dont give up! cheers

1 person likes this

Posted

not sure why i should feel calm, relief or start buying resets again though x)

Back to building my ship!

currently sitting at 200 square timbers, still a long way to go for me xD

Posted (edited)

You will <3 It's still a looooong time until we can even start doing attempts on the T9's, even if we get kamasylve in a month or two, it will take a good while for us to get the mats for it, it has insane prices on the market if you are gonna buy the mats, I am personally gonna gather the materials needed for attempts, so it will take quite some time ^^

*sprinkles some of my leftover luck*

Quick i need a jar to put that luck in!! :D 

I still need 10 boat plan thingys (not been doing the daily) and need some more timber squares - although i have my workers making progress on the rest of the mats i have. Although being a Guild Leader and completing a Magoria Guild Quest we were given a Guild Galley through the in game mail so ill just sail that until my personal one is done (went on a Guild Sailing trip at the weekend) :D 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

not sure why i should feel calm, relief or start buying resets again though x)

Hehe not saying you should buy them at all. That is completely up to you, but for the people that did feel cheated it should be some relief to know it wasn't all for "nothing". ^^

I am basicly just sort of replying to whats been posted in the past about this vendor people kept talking about, of course it wont hit home with everyone, since not everyone knew about it or didn't care about it. 

Posted (edited)

Pffft... this morning's breeding results...

Well at least I got a couple of females out of it, and didn't get stuck with a T5.

bdoHorseBreedingLatestResults.png

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Pffft... this morning's breeding results...

Well at least I got a couple of females out of it, and didn't get stuck with a T5.

bdoHorseBreedingLatestResults.png

So you raised 6 T6 horses up to lvl 28... and still no T7.... Honestly, this RNG thing is too fking much. It's so stupid and annoying.

Posted (edited)

So you raised 6 T6 horses up to lvl 28... and still no T7.... Honestly, this RNG thing is too fking much. It's so stupid and annoying.

My lovely Guild Member & friend @PandoraRose bred her two T7s (C & E skins) level 30 and 0 deaths and got what she calls a 'condiment disaster' a Male T6M - she had like 3 or 4% chance of getting this outcome. Not only that but a horrible looking T6. 

All that time spent leveling two T7s which have a decent combined colour in black and you then get the middle finger. Its just wrong and we were all cursing in the guild at RNG last night. 

I even gave her Stallion Dice a pep talk before going in xD 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted

To be fair, it was only 3 T6 horses used in that breeding round. 1 male and 2 females.

Posted

Using up the last of my T5's and the last of my male T6's got me.....more male T6's.  Disappointing!

Male Level 30 T6 and 2 female level 30 T5's.  2 breeds and 1 exchange.  Gave me 3 male T6's.

Not sure what I'll do with them yet.  One I started riding around and at level 6 he has 6 skills already.  Debating on just selling the other 2.

Posted

Which is false.

I realized that pretty quickly by doing some checking, the same day the info showed up here (I think I even mentioned it here some pages ago but eh to check now). To be honest, this is my only 'b2p-f2p' game I stuck to, I tried eso (b2p), gw2 (b2p turned f2p) - though that one kept me going back every now and again because it was really good, didn't play the expansion), and that's about it. I tried bns and didn't like it, and I think a few more (tried AA, lasted a few days). I prefer sub based games. And yes, VP isn't sub, it's too expensive to be one (2 euros more than wow and ffxiv, which are better quality games and ofc have far better servers (optimization and stability). The only reason I'm sticking to BDO despite atrocious p2w (yes, it is, no matter how mildly it still is, it's not only convenience so lets not lie to ourselves) and money grab, and despite the non existent optimization and bugs that aren't getting fixed is the fact that I love it. I love this bloody game, the game itself is brilliant, and I can only hope that in the future they at least fix the things that aren't working well. Or that I can buy that NASA grade N-cores pc in the foreseeable future that seems to be the only type of PC that can actually run smoothly BDO (if you don't count bugs in, cause no NASA pc can solve those). 

It's nice to dream of a game made with systems (combat, slightly less rng based enchanting of gear but something along the lines of horizontal more than vertical progression) that BDO has, with housing, farms, breeding, maybe more group content, good story, good combat... Did I say similar combat? And sub based. But sadly, that will hardly ever happen. Maybe in parallel reality. Until then, I'll raid in ffxiv, go back to WoW 4-5 months a year for that nostalgia, and combat my way through rage that is gearing up and playing node wars/sieges with 5-10 fps, and breed horses with questionable % of tier results.

1 person likes this

Posted

My lovely Guild Member & friend @PandoraRose bred her two T7s (C & E skins) level 30 and 0 deaths and got what she calls a 'condiment disaster' a Male T6M - she had like 3 or 4% chance of getting this outcome. Not only that but a horrible looking T6. 

All that time spent leveling two T7s which have a decent combined colour in black and you then get the middle finger. Its just wrong and we were all cursing in the guild at RNG last night. 

I even gave her Stallion Dice a pep talk before going in xD 

The end of the night turned out okay. I'd decided to try again and second breed gave me another T7E. Then exchanged Dice with a T6A female I bought off the market and got a T7I female.

Will definitely still wait for changes, though. Running waaaay too low on T7 females atm, and it's been too long since i've gotten a T7 from a T6 pair at max breeding potential.

1 person likes this

Posted

The end of the night turned out okay. I'd decided to try again and second breed gave me another T7E. Then exchanged Dice with a T6A female I bought off the market and got a T7I female.

Will definitely still wait for changes, though. Running waaaay too low on T7 females atm, and it's been too long since i've gotten a T7 from a T6 pair at max breeding potential.

Still sucks with no T8 :( 

Posted

Hi there, hope you are all well.
T6xT7 (4 attempts)
T6 Female = 2
T7 Male = 1
T7 Female = 1

T7xT7 (16 attempts)
T6 Female = 4
T7 Male = 6
T7 Female = 4
T8 Female = 2

The two T8's where bred from the same father T7E 13 skills who would effectively qualify as a courser, different moms T7D 12 skills, T7H 10skills.
I experimented with skill changes as have not done that before and wanted to see what happened, swopping out forechop each time it was learnt for both horses:
T8A - 18 skills at level 30, missing two seater and caution.
T8E - 12 skills at level 30, missing 5 of the required courser skills. *sigh*
Conclusion... if its a potato, IT IS a potato. 9_9
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Back after nearly 4 months... 

1.thumb.PNG.446af305cfe0845417368f906a7a

Result.... 

2.thumb.PNG.158238a578a912969341bba448dd

2017-02-13_1741992674.thumb.JPG.9d207f4b

She has very good skills so far... Will post an update when she goes 30...

2.thumb.jpg.337836bbf299aed0b512cc8cc1733.thumb.jpg.c4a80b63a54407ec93f4a6f9dcb24.thumb.jpg.d276b8abb5f86d73ee98054f8254

Edited by Xandour
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Which is false.

Calm your boobies. We know (or at least the people I talk with normally know). The fact that it is in the russian game was pointed out to us probably 2 weeks ago. A week or two weeks. Something like that.

Edit: What I didn't know is that it was a subscription based thing. Thanks for sussing that information out! I honestly would prefer a subscription (at least optional) that would have monthly value pack + a few benefits such as the daily hunter for reset exchange type thing. I feel like I'd be willing to pay money on that. I mean, I already spent $20 to get a value pack anyway. 

Edited by LadyRhapsody

Posted

Is it me or my every t6b/palomino learns sideways? Some are born with it and some get it while leveling... Other people report it too. Can anyone relate?