• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse Breeding / Findings MegaThread

27,967 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hohohooo finaly...3x girls, 1x boy full T4C wagon and I am happy :3
T5D lvl8 + T2B lvl12 = T4C gurl
2017-02-25_37356785.thumb.PNG.b70f1b0d4e
And yes, I am butchering my T5 males becouse really...I dont have much use for them and would rather convert them to T4 girls...

Edited by Silvite
3 people like this

Posted

How can it happened? I have two T7 level 30 both. Breeding them, and get a...... T5 Male ??????

Posted

How can it happened? I have two T7 level 30 both. Breeding them, and get a...... T5 Male ??????

Only thing I can think of is they had deaths on them.

Posted

Not a misclick or a typo? They couldnd have nerfed breeding that much

Posted

Not a misclick or a typo? They couldnd have nerfed breeding that much

I check it again. Both is T7 level 30. But the Male is still in breeding market with two breeding left, even when I cancel it. So you must have right, I have misclick in the breeding market on a other horse :(  

Posted

Recent breed:

7I (male courser) + 6L(female non courser): male 7E with 2 skills. finally something decent!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm 100% sure she was untouched. Fresh out of breed, blooming in stable. Taken out just to train and breed.

I put a male horse up a few weeks ago with 2 breeds, and bred him with one of my other horses. When the breeding was done, he had 0 breeds left. 100% certain I never put him on for public breeding and even at that he still bred normally with my own female. I never register more than one male at a time and I only had 3 horses, that male and the 2 females, all of which I'd levelled together to breed. So not sure what happened there. He was only a T3, so it wasn't too bad. I've been super paranoid since and taken a screenshot of every horse that I've put up for breeding though, to double check if it happens again. It has never reoccurred thankfully.

Posted

After a stint of.. relatively disappointing breeds, finally something I can be happy about. T6 breeds giving me back Red/Yellow ugly T6's.. or T7's shooting me T6's like a boss..

Last night I leveled a T6M female to 15(I have 3 of those skin at least. All female. This particular one was from a T7xT7 breed), and being as I was too impatient to bother going higher, threw her at some random T6Q male i'd bought off the MP last week who still had his breeds. Used up his second for this. Decided to just get rid of them from my stable, so threw them to breed.

Outcome surprised me heavily. T6Q 30 + T6M 15 = Female T7D

The exchange with a different female I had(lv 27 T6P) gave me a T6H male. So.. more red and yellows, because this is pretty much all I literally ever get anymore when it comes to popping out T6's.

I ended up throwing the level 15 female at the imperial trader. RIP "OhGodKillMe". At least you gave up a beautiful daughter, and my T7 stable can rejoice.

2 people like this

Posted

Some recent breeding results are below. The T7/T7 pairing was a little disappointing, no T8s.  But I was glad to get three T7s anyway, two female.

DateMaleFemaleFoal
25-Feb7I\11(28)6D\10(30)6F(F)
25-Feb7I\12(29)6D\10(30)7I(F)
25-Feb6F\12(25)6M\12(30)7G(M)
25-Feb7I\12(30)7H\13(30)6N(F)
26-Feb7I\12(30)7H\13(30)7D(F)

I was also able to sell one of my spare T8s to a guild member before they add the bidding system to the stables, so that's good. Hopefully I can finish leveling another one in time to sell it too. 

Posted

Just a tip for those of you making sailboats ....who are chopping...and chopping...and chopping.  2 horse seals from the imp trainer gives you a magic axe.  Magic axes are really great for sharp and hards shards, been getting quite a few while chopping as this event continues.  I have been buying incredibly cheap T2s and T3s from the market who are lvl 15 or more and then just turning around and getting seals for them plus cash.  You cannot buy magic axes right now on the market, hard to get. But this way you can pick up one or two for less than 100K - they sell for almost half a mil on the market.  One of the T3s I bought had 23 deaths, the seller prob thought I was crazy....lol.  But I made money.

Posted

Can someone post again the chart of prices for horse skills please? I remember it was posted multiple times before but I can't find it. This time I just will copy it into my bdo-horse-docs.

Posted (edited)

Its in the Horse FAQ - as well as T9 info etc, link here, under 11/  Remember it does not reflect the new price adjustments for coursers, not the bonus price for the pure white T8.  I haven't checked if that applies to other pure whites in other tiers...

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46803-horse-breeding-findings-megathread/&page=1032#comment-1761382

NA/EU Horse FAQ as of February 2017

1.Horse Breeding Calculator and Regional Rating 2The Colour Theory 3.  How to Capture Horses  4Breeding  5. Exchanging Horses                             6Costumes/Elixirs/Value Packs/Outfits  7.Leveling Your Horses and Wagons  8Farming Carrots  9 Auto Looping  10Pearl Items: Skill change coupons, resets  11. Selling Your Horses  12Skill Learning and Stat Increases as Your Horse Levels  13.  What is a Potato or Fennel   14.  Solest's Summary of T9 Awakening and Pegasus:  What we Know Now (not in NA/EU yet)

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted (edited)

The calculator and colour data we use is all supposedly data mined, but we cant be sure it is accurate and we cant be sure that our current EU/US settings follow that old data-mined probabilities exactly.

and this is why we have so much angst

the %s of which tier horse you will end up with are NOT datamined.  they are a representation of just a small level of outcomes posted on either the KR server or RU forums i cannot remember which

what IS datamined is the region breeding, and the # of levels of what tiers needed to increase said region, and the minimum and maximum horse tier/gender you can get from that, and we have nailed that down as fact everytime they increase it

but everyone looks at the %s on the calcs and takes them as gospel and they are not so

over and over we have proven that the chances of a T8 is under 10%, not the 30% it says on the calc

we went through this when T7s were the top tier, also under 10%, not 30%

a GM/CM very early in this thread (or maybe even in a PM to a ticket from a concerned breeder i cant remember) posted that our %s were not correct

if you looked at the %s as they truly are for the top region pairing (probably 3% T6M, 75% T6F, 10% T7M, 3% T7F, T8M 6%, T8F 3%) then we would be MUCH less stressed AND we would spend WAY less on resets

Edited by coach
2 people like this

Posted

and this is why we have so much angst

the %s of which tier horse you will end up with are NOT datamined.  they are a representation of just a small level of outcomes posted on either the KR server or RU forums i cannot remember which

what IS datamined is the region breeding, and the # of levels of what tiers needed to increase said region, and the minimum and maximum horse tier/gender you can get from that, and we have nailed that down as fact everytime they increase it

but everyone looks at the %s on the calcs and takes them as gospel and they are not so

over and over we have proven that the chances of a T8 is under 10%, not the 30% it says on the calc

we went through this when T7s were the top tier, also under 10%, not 30%

a GM/CM very early in this thread (or maybe even in a PM to a ticket from a concerned breeder i cant remember) posted that our %s were not correct

if you looked at the %s as they truly are for the top region pairing (probably 3% T6M, 75% T6F, 10% T7M, 3% T7F, T8M 6%, T8F 3%) then we would be MUCH less stressed AND we would spend WAY less on resets

I do not recall a GM/CM making that comment, but I do think the current ratios are not in line with the breeding results most are getting. Is it my imagination, but did we not seem to be getting T6 x T6 results more in line with the calculator five months ago or so? Getting female T7s has been so hard lately. In any event, further justification for hanging on to breeding horses and wait for a region rate increase.  At least the tier results will be correct (I hope)! 

Posted

I do not recall a GM/CM making that comment, but I do think the current ratios are not in line with the breeding results most are getting. Is it my imagination, but did we not seem to be getting T6 x T6 results more in line with the calculator five months ago or so? Getting female T7s has been so hard lately. In any event, further justification for hanging on to breeding horses and wait for a region rate increase.  At least the tier results will be correct (I hope)! 

I do not recall the exact wording, but I do remember referencing this waaay back in this thread somewhere. Iirc, it seemed more a company stance reply "We can neither confirm nor deny the calculator you are using is accurate or not" rather than an outright denial or confirmation. I think it was this is not our calculator type response. Though for the longest time reading this thread, the results seemed in line with it. Reading lately (Lately meaning the last few hundred pages) at least anecdotally there has been a lot more angst and 'failed' breedings. That could simply be trying for T8 with T7's and downgrading. Which even with lvl 30 t7 is better than even odds. So could simply be seeing more of that than the t5,t6 etc run to T7 before T8's came out.

In the end any semi true rng system is just as likely to throw out the same number 25 times as it is to never throw out any dozen of numbers. There is no weighting of 'This is x try, add better chance' it is a brand new roll every single time, so the law of averages does not even come into play, since, in a true random number there is no average it is a brand new game each and every time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I'm definitely agreeing that the breeding rates aren't matching up to the calculator, just the minimum/maximum possibilities which seem correct. I'm sitting at 21 breeds in either the 15 or 16 breeding bracket and have managed to get 2 T7's out of it. In bracket 15 my results are around 70% T5 females and for bracket 16, 80% T6 Females. The second T7 I got yesterday was a 7C female though so I'm still pretty happy with that. 6 breeds left to go and then I'll move on to bracket 17/18 for the next 8 attempts and see how that goes.

Posted

So I got a tier 8 purebred white from a T8A+T6N. It's turning out to be quite the potato so far...

9201e2fdc1f8609d39840ac4e1279322.png

Posted (edited)

@Puffin: On the other side: there are 10 level to go. Fingers are crossed!

Was breeding my T8E male because I want to give him to a guild mate. Breeding resulted into 1x T8E + 3x Crap. But after registering on market (we are sitting on TeamSpeak together in the ealry morning to keep sure he was able to get him). But some other shithead sniped him instantly. 

We were asking who bought it and someone was saying he got it. He will give it back when my guildmate will spent him a Value Pack. WTF?!

Edit: Thanks to that greedy community. I will never sell a horse again. Never ever.  

To the guy who sniped it: I hope he will be extremly expensive at the $$$ skill change game. Really really expensive!

Edited by Nyrante
3 people like this

Posted

Was breeding my T8E male because I want to give him to a guild mate. Breeding resulted into 1x T8E + 3x Crap. But after registering on market (we are sitting on TeamSpeak together in the ealry morning to keep sure he was able to get him). But some other shithead sniped him instantly. 

We were asking who bought it and someone was saying he got it. He will give it back when my guildmate will spent him a Value Pack. WTF?!

Edit: Thanks to that greedy community. I will never sell a horse again. Never ever.  

To the guy who sniped it: I hope he will be extremly expensive at the $$$ skill change game. Really really expensive!

I'm sorry this happened to you.  I'm pretty sure people are sitting on the horse market now days, just waiting to snipe anything remotely good.  I don't doubt there are some who manage to get their horses to their respective buyers but I've had a couple that I was trying to get from my alt account to me that were sniped.  A T7 lvl 1 female was the worst one.  The other was a T6.  I sit with mouse side by side, clicked one sell then refreshed on the tier I was trying to buy.  It went instantly.  It has made me very hesitant to try this at all anymore.  I've been trying to get her out of the breeding business all together as it was a complete fail at what I was trying to accomplish.  I've considered trying to get my playing partner a T8 but 1, he isn't that much into getting one and 2, it probably would go to someone else by sniping and then we would both feel bad.  Besides, he has a possibility of breeding his own.

On a completely different note, I saw your DK in another posting and I have to say you have a knack for making your characters look very nice.  I've always liked the look of your warrior.

1 person likes this

Posted

All of my horses that aren't exchanged for a foal, go to the Imperial Delivery now. The seals plus the coin are more valuable than the coin you get from the horse market anyway, and I refuse to sell a T8 horse knowing that somebody will just turn around and sell it for pearls. Though when the patch comes that puts T8's on a 10 minute hold with a broadcast, I may rethink the concept of selling T8's on the market, because I don't think anybody in their right mind would pay somebody pearls for an item that goes through the bidding system (but I'll wait to see how that plays out nonetheless).

Posted

New to thread.

I have an T8B - male, no breeds left - 13 skills including sprint and drift and s forechop

Would like to sell this for pearls. Is there a separate thread for selling horses?

Posted (edited)

New to thread.

I have an T8B - male, no breeds left - 13 skills including sprint and drift and s forechop

Would like to sell this for pearls. Is there a separate thread for selling horses?

So you didnt bother reading the previous 3-4 posts about peoples views demanding pearl items for horses and you just came here with your pony classified - try in game i think youll have better luck :P but hey idk

Edit: anyone on EU just a warning - i have been contacted multiple times by whisper by someone called Cohav2 asking me if im selling T6/T7/T8 female/male theres me thinking 'that person might not have ANY good horses and needs help' glad i said no to them as i then raced against them in a T7... This person is either part of the active community here OR lurk and message people in game. The other option is they change channels and look at the training rankings :) 

Edited by Aastrid

Posted (edited)

So you didnt bother reading the previous 3-4 posts about peoples views demanding pearl items for horses and you just came here with your pony classified - try in game i think youll have better luck :P but hey idk

Edit: anyone on EU just a warning - i have been contacted multiple times by whisper by someone called Cohav2 asking me if im selling T6/T7/T8 female/male theres me thinking 'that person might not have ANY good horses and needs help' glad i said no to them as i then raced against them in a T7... This person is either part of the active community here OR lurk and message people in game. The other option is they change channels and look at the training rankings :) 

I have been contacted by this same person multiple times. I told them no, they came back later asking the same thing, which I ignored.. This person likely just sees names of people on here or on rankings(which seems to make more sense as we have both NA and EU here) and bother us for horses. If I see them again I will be blocking them, though.

Between "wts horse for pearls" people(many of which having very little in terms of good skills/no breeds and therefor extremely expensive to try and get T9 with), and people like this whisper spam guy clearly trying to swindle breeders.. T9, I feel, has done nothing but make a mess of this profession. =/

These days just make me feel so bitter with all of this, and I love this profession, ugh..

New to thread.

I don't think many really like this sort of thing here, so no, it's unlikely you will find any help here. As Aastrid said, try in-game.

Edited by PandoraRose
Half asleep when posted, thought the quote was Ramblin. Sorry Aastrid. XD
1 person likes this